Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 205 206 207 208 209 ... 650 651
big ol' lesbian here. officially came out as one about three years ago after years of thinking i was bi. my "attraction" to men just wasn't the same as how i felt towards women. when i pictured myself spending the rest of my life with a man... it was terrifying to think about.

as for gender identity, idk? i feel most connected to womanhood but at the same time i hate when people call me one, and i prefer they/them pronouns over she/her. i usually just say i'm nonbinary.
big ol' lesbian here. officially came out as one about three years ago after years of thinking i was bi. my "attraction" to men just wasn't the same as how i felt towards women. when i pictured myself spending the rest of my life with a man... it was terrifying to think about.

as for gender identity, idk? i feel most connected to womanhood but at the same time i hate when people call me one, and i prefer they/them pronouns over she/her. i usually just say i'm nonbinary.
9vd48xw.png
hello! im a pan genderfluid gal! im closeted to my family but out to my friends and i have a wonderful girlfriend of who i love so much aaaa <3333
rn im sort of questioning if im actually pan or not and gender is just hard omg
hello! im a pan genderfluid gal! im closeted to my family but out to my friends and i have a wonderful girlfriend of who i love so much aaaa <3333
rn im sort of questioning if im actually pan or not and gender is just hard omg
-Erebos (he/they)
Hi <3 I just realized on Friday (3/27/20) that I'm lesbian. It was crazy. I've tried out a couple different labels over the past couple of years, wondered about it for longer still... it's been a journey. But the labels I tried out, I never felt a reaction to them. It was really just me trying them out. "This could be me, let's see how it feels." For a couple of years I just went as bi and acespec.

Exploring the ace spectrum more, I very recently discovered demisexuality, and I realized it suits me very well. I still didn't feel a reaction to it, it was another "let's try it and see how it feels to me" situation, but now I know it's true.

Friday was absolutely insane. I was just browsing the internet.. I stumbled across some wonderful lesbian music.. I was listening to it, I was jamming. And I remember I started looking at butch lesbian style clothes because I would really love to dress like that. And sometime that evening, it just hit me, hard. I leaned back, looked at what I was doing, looked back on my entire life, and I realized, "OH." Oh, that's me. I'm lesbian.

It's been an emotional rollercoaster these past couple of days since then. I've been tossed back and forth from shock to pure happiness because I've finally figured out a huge puzzle piece of me, and then anxiety and fear because... whoa, you know?

A lot of it is pretty complicated and I'm feeling really nervous. I am very fortunate to have a few extremely wonderful, kind, and supportive friends who have been absolutely amazing the past couple of days. I'm going to take small steps towards wrapping my mind around this and trying to figure things out for myself, before I start considering if/when I should tell my family.

And so I decided to come here. I've visited here a few times before. Too shy and confused about my identity to post, but just reading the wonderful posts and seeing all the wonderful people here and smiling. You guys are all amazing.

Now I have a reason to post here, and I'd like to formally introduce myself as a nervous, but proud and hopeful, lesbian demisexual. <3

Things are still crazy right now, this was just a huge revelation for me. So I was wondering, if you have a moment, if anyone would like to send me a message and just chat about this. I would be so, so grateful. I would be especially grateful to hear your coming out stories and any advice you might have. I'd just appreciate it so much.

But even so, thank you so so much for reading this whole thing. I truly appreciate that as well. All of you are wonderful and amazing. Love you all ^w^ <3

Hi <3 I just realized on Friday (3/27/20) that I'm lesbian. It was crazy. I've tried out a couple different labels over the past couple of years, wondered about it for longer still... it's been a journey. But the labels I tried out, I never felt a reaction to them. It was really just me trying them out. "This could be me, let's see how it feels." For a couple of years I just went as bi and acespec.

Exploring the ace spectrum more, I very recently discovered demisexuality, and I realized it suits me very well. I still didn't feel a reaction to it, it was another "let's try it and see how it feels to me" situation, but now I know it's true.

Friday was absolutely insane. I was just browsing the internet.. I stumbled across some wonderful lesbian music.. I was listening to it, I was jamming. And I remember I started looking at butch lesbian style clothes because I would really love to dress like that. And sometime that evening, it just hit me, hard. I leaned back, looked at what I was doing, looked back on my entire life, and I realized, "OH." Oh, that's me. I'm lesbian.

It's been an emotional rollercoaster these past couple of days since then. I've been tossed back and forth from shock to pure happiness because I've finally figured out a huge puzzle piece of me, and then anxiety and fear because... whoa, you know?

A lot of it is pretty complicated and I'm feeling really nervous. I am very fortunate to have a few extremely wonderful, kind, and supportive friends who have been absolutely amazing the past couple of days. I'm going to take small steps towards wrapping my mind around this and trying to figure things out for myself, before I start considering if/when I should tell my family.

And so I decided to come here. I've visited here a few times before. Too shy and confused about my identity to post, but just reading the wonderful posts and seeing all the wonderful people here and smiling. You guys are all amazing.

Now I have a reason to post here, and I'd like to formally introduce myself as a nervous, but proud and hopeful, lesbian demisexual. <3

Things are still crazy right now, this was just a huge revelation for me. So I was wondering, if you have a moment, if anyone would like to send me a message and just chat about this. I would be so, so grateful. I would be especially grateful to hear your coming out stories and any advice you might have. I'd just appreciate it so much.

But even so, thank you so so much for reading this whole thing. I truly appreciate that as well. All of you are wonderful and amazing. Love you all ^w^ <3

7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
congratulations to those who have figured themselves out. if it's ok to say, i am proud of you, and i wish you luck
congratulations to those who have figured themselves out. if it's ok to say, i am proud of you, and i wish you luck
BBA05-EC1-29-DC-44-D7-9431-EED8-EB90-BBC6.gif
MIDNIGHT LOOMING, TRAPPED BY DESPERATION TO REMAIN
I posted in this thread almost four years ago, and wow has my sense of self changed. [quote name="NightFuryScream" date="2016-06-16 22:15:13" ] Hey! I'm Nyota, and I'm genderfluid, as well as gray-ace and gray-aro. I'm still mostly in the closet, but I'm out to some of my close friends, as well as most of the internet. My parents worry me, as they are pretty homophobic and transphobic. ;-; [/quote] I now go by Hoku, and identify as nonbinary (though not genderfluid), grey-bisexual, and probably grey-aro, and use they/them pronouns. I am now very out of the closet, and boy am I better off for it. I'm really glad to see this thread is still around, it was there at a very important time of my life, and it helped me to think about myself and actually start expressing who I was.
I posted in this thread almost four years ago, and wow has my sense of self changed.
NightFuryScream wrote on 2016-06-16 22:15:13:
Hey! I'm Nyota, and I'm genderfluid, as well as gray-ace and gray-aro.

I'm still mostly in the closet, but I'm out to some of my close friends, as well as most of the internet. My parents worry me, as they are pretty homophobic and transphobic. ;-;

I now go by Hoku, and identify as nonbinary (though not genderfluid), grey-bisexual, and probably grey-aro, and use they/them pronouns. I am now very out of the closet, and boy am I better off for it.

I'm really glad to see this thread is still around, it was there at a very important time of my life, and it helped me to think about myself and actually start expressing who I was.
Aspen/Hoku || 27 || +3 FRT || they/he
I am male but have recently been feeling more and more of a turn off from gender. However, not saying that this hasn’t happened before. I had a time where I felt less of a connection to being male. Like I know my gender and all, but I felt more... nothing. I had to do research during that time to learn that it was being non-binary. I identified as that for awhile but then went back to being ok with he/him again. But here recently I’m finding myself confused with gender. Like am I male or am I non-binary?

I am also struggling with sexuality or the identity of it. For awhile I thought I was straight, but then I thought I was gay. I never considered the idea of bisexuality because... I don’t know. For awhile I identified as demisexual demiromantic. But I don’t know if that’s me, either. I know I am asexual, but I have looked into the possibility of being panromantic. I think that might be what I am, but at the same time, I’m not sure. I have felt confused and broken for awhile. I don’t know if my autism makes some things difficult for me to grasp and understand, but I feel it does after really taking time to read into stuff recently. Because gender identities and sexuality almost seem like a social status to have and it’s confusing and feels like you’re broken if you don’t have that or don’t act a certain way. But I digress.

Another huge struggle of it is I know that no matter what I am, whether it is non-binary or any of the sexuality labels, my parents would never accept me. I doubt I could come out to them. Maybe at my age it doesn’t matter, but there always is that sense of wanting to know they see it as ok? I still want to figure myself out, but don’t feel I have anyone to figure it out with.
I am male but have recently been feeling more and more of a turn off from gender. However, not saying that this hasn’t happened before. I had a time where I felt less of a connection to being male. Like I know my gender and all, but I felt more... nothing. I had to do research during that time to learn that it was being non-binary. I identified as that for awhile but then went back to being ok with he/him again. But here recently I’m finding myself confused with gender. Like am I male or am I non-binary?

I am also struggling with sexuality or the identity of it. For awhile I thought I was straight, but then I thought I was gay. I never considered the idea of bisexuality because... I don’t know. For awhile I identified as demisexual demiromantic. But I don’t know if that’s me, either. I know I am asexual, but I have looked into the possibility of being panromantic. I think that might be what I am, but at the same time, I’m not sure. I have felt confused and broken for awhile. I don’t know if my autism makes some things difficult for me to grasp and understand, but I feel it does after really taking time to read into stuff recently. Because gender identities and sexuality almost seem like a social status to have and it’s confusing and feels like you’re broken if you don’t have that or don’t act a certain way. But I digress.

Another huge struggle of it is I know that no matter what I am, whether it is non-binary or any of the sexuality labels, my parents would never accept me. I doubt I could come out to them. Maybe at my age it doesn’t matter, but there always is that sense of wanting to know they see it as ok? I still want to figure myself out, but don’t feel I have anyone to figure it out with.
FObX7rS.pngAQPJNOh.png
7ntZZGM.png4lcODb6.png
S1cx8ZZ.pngqjxrAwx.png
~~~qYB60DT.pnguSbUUST.pngWYwQ8Ya.png7HUqD4J.pngB8tBCuz.png05oEk6N.pngTx2cyqw.png
I'm a cis bi girl, but my last three relationships have been with men, and i'm currently in a serious relationship with a guy. Sometimes because of this i feel very alienated from the lgbt community, so i just thought i would drop in, because i miss feeling like a bigger part of this community

edit: I'm not accusing the lgbt community of alienating me, i feel as though i've alienated myself and would like to reintegrate into it
I'm a cis bi girl, but my last three relationships have been with men, and i'm currently in a serious relationship with a guy. Sometimes because of this i feel very alienated from the lgbt community, so i just thought i would drop in, because i miss feeling like a bigger part of this community

edit: I'm not accusing the lgbt community of alienating me, i feel as though i've alienated myself and would like to reintegrate into it
No idea what my gender is send help :*
No idea what my gender is send help :*
Messages are welcome :)
I"m a lesbaian teenager (uuuuurg 13 I think). I am very geeky. All I want is a girlfriend and acceptance with my family when I choose to come out to them (too scared rn) @SandBoa has helped me a lot with this. Yay! Also questioning gender which is fun *Dragon307 stress noises*
I"m a lesbaian teenager (uuuuurg 13 I think). I am very geeky. All I want is a girlfriend and acceptance with my family when I choose to come out to them (too scared rn) @SandBoa has helped me a lot with this. Yay! Also questioning gender which is fun *Dragon307 stress noises*
Uh, I am struggling :|
I have Asperger’s and endometriosis and it’s just messed up my life and my view of sexuality. I like my feminine curves and I am female for sure! But it is hard for me to have male friends - I end up hurting them because they fall for me but I am just not into relationships... I think I am asexual but I can’t really talk to anyone about it...
Uh, I am struggling :|
I have Asperger’s and endometriosis and it’s just messed up my life and my view of sexuality. I like my feminine curves and I am female for sure! But it is hard for me to have male friends - I end up hurting them because they fall for me but I am just not into relationships... I think I am asexual but I can’t really talk to anyone about it...
E5NiyJY.png
1 2 ... 205 206 207 208 209 ... 650 651