Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 171 172 173 174 175 ... 649 650
@Skelelizard24 Ive never had a crush before, and my parents often told me it would eventually happen, because "Everyone feels romance!" But uh.. nope. Much to the surprise of the rest of the universe, I do feel happiness, I have amazing friends and I'm completely normal, I just don't feel romantic love. Aromance, baby! :P Anyhow, my best friend accidentally came out to his parents after getting his wisdom teeth removed, as he was feeling funny. They thought he was just joking and told him about it afterwards, and his reaction (He's a terrible liar lmao) told them everything.

R i p
@Skelelizard24 Ive never had a crush before, and my parents often told me it would eventually happen, because "Everyone feels romance!" But uh.. nope. Much to the surprise of the rest of the universe, I do feel happiness, I have amazing friends and I'm completely normal, I just don't feel romantic love. Aromance, baby! :P Anyhow, my best friend accidentally came out to his parents after getting his wisdom teeth removed, as he was feeling funny. They thought he was just joking and told him about it afterwards, and his reaction (He's a terrible liar lmao) told them everything.

R i p
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
so a while back i officially came out as trans to my parents, they still love and support me but dont really seem to understand what it means at all. they still constantly refer to me as she/her and deadname me and sometimes just call me "girl"
im going to talk to my mom tomorrow to see if i can help her understand more, but one thing she keeps saying is that shes worried about getting me a binder. she keeps repeating that shes worried about long term damage and pain and ive explained to her several times that the damage not having one does to me is 100x more severe and that binders are made to help trans people, not hurt them and ive sent her articles to read but she keeps saying "idk ill think about it stop asking" i need advice on what i should say to her to make her understand how badly i need that and a haircut. she just wont listen, ive told her that my dysphoria is what made me so depressed and suicidal a few years back but she still doesnt get it. i want to continue to have a good relationship with my mom and i hate for this to strain my relationship with her but its way too important to me to just drop it. i feel like im definitely old enough and ive felt this way for long enough to decide whether getting a binder is right for me or not but i still get treated like a child and like its just a phase. does anyone have any advice for me?
so a while back i officially came out as trans to my parents, they still love and support me but dont really seem to understand what it means at all. they still constantly refer to me as she/her and deadname me and sometimes just call me "girl"
im going to talk to my mom tomorrow to see if i can help her understand more, but one thing she keeps saying is that shes worried about getting me a binder. she keeps repeating that shes worried about long term damage and pain and ive explained to her several times that the damage not having one does to me is 100x more severe and that binders are made to help trans people, not hurt them and ive sent her articles to read but she keeps saying "idk ill think about it stop asking" i need advice on what i should say to her to make her understand how badly i need that and a haircut. she just wont listen, ive told her that my dysphoria is what made me so depressed and suicidal a few years back but she still doesnt get it. i want to continue to have a good relationship with my mom and i hate for this to strain my relationship with her but its way too important to me to just drop it. i feel like im definitely old enough and ive felt this way for long enough to decide whether getting a binder is right for me or not but i still get treated like a child and like its just a phase. does anyone have any advice for me?
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
Sup, it’s a lesbian here. I really don’t have a lot of stories, but I may still go on here cause heck why not... seems fun
Sup, it’s a lesbian here. I really don’t have a lot of stories, but I may still go on here cause heck why not... seems fun
vista_wc1.png vista_wc1.png
I have to re-come out. I was convinced that I was a binary trans man when I started my transition. The closer I came to strongly masculine, the more dysphoric I felt. I am dysphoric about both sides of the coin. Presenting as too feminine makes me dysphoric. Presenting as too masculine makes me dysphoric. I exist in a middle ground, between and beyond the binary. My dysphoria still rages, but the largest sources of it can't be fixed with hormones or surgery. I've come to a conclusion late in the year and I am finally at peace with it after months of soul-searching and struggling.

I'm non-binary.

My pronouns are they/them/theirs. I suffer from gender dysphoria still, and there is no end to it for me. But there are people who help me with the dysphoria, and there are people who will use they/them/theirs for me. Assuaging my dysphoria is hard, because a lot of it is social and I can't stand to be taken as a woman or a man. I want to be taken as neither. Society isn't at that point yet, but my closest friends use the right terms for me, and that helps.

I'm fairly certain I'm demi-bisexual. I'm still working that out. I've never felt sexual attraction in my life, but I've had crushes. Always on my closest friends. I think I have the capacity to be attracted to someone in that manner, but I need a very, very close bond to feel anything for anyone. But I've at least worked out who I am, after months of being in transition and years of soul-searching.

It's nice to admit that I'm non-binary. It's nice to come out to an accepting place like this forum. It's nice to be accepted.
I have to re-come out. I was convinced that I was a binary trans man when I started my transition. The closer I came to strongly masculine, the more dysphoric I felt. I am dysphoric about both sides of the coin. Presenting as too feminine makes me dysphoric. Presenting as too masculine makes me dysphoric. I exist in a middle ground, between and beyond the binary. My dysphoria still rages, but the largest sources of it can't be fixed with hormones or surgery. I've come to a conclusion late in the year and I am finally at peace with it after months of soul-searching and struggling.

I'm non-binary.

My pronouns are they/them/theirs. I suffer from gender dysphoria still, and there is no end to it for me. But there are people who help me with the dysphoria, and there are people who will use they/them/theirs for me. Assuaging my dysphoria is hard, because a lot of it is social and I can't stand to be taken as a woman or a man. I want to be taken as neither. Society isn't at that point yet, but my closest friends use the right terms for me, and that helps.

I'm fairly certain I'm demi-bisexual. I'm still working that out. I've never felt sexual attraction in my life, but I've had crushes. Always on my closest friends. I think I have the capacity to be attracted to someone in that manner, but I need a very, very close bond to feel anything for anyone. But I've at least worked out who I am, after months of being in transition and years of soul-searching.

It's nice to admit that I'm non-binary. It's nice to come out to an accepting place like this forum. It's nice to be accepted.
cCYLT6h.png z8s5c34.png
5iXiC8z.png
4BheGMt.png
AaYNmEX.png
Al1BEGR.png
BPzUHdW.png
UuKod4C.png
JvUa9ma.png
5iXIYjY.png
@Lepidolite
May I ask how old you are? because then I may be able to come with more concrete advice c:

But i have experienced something similar. I am not trans myself, but when I told my parents that I was depressed ((I am now on antidepressants so I am feeling much better now luckily c: )) they had a hard time understanding even though they wanted to help me and support me. I'm sorry to hear that they call you by your deadname, but I think the best course of action is to politely correct them when you feel like you have the energy to do it, and you all aren't in a bad mood or something. I would also suggest seeking out a doctor that you trust to help explain why you need a binder and that it won't hurt you. Sometimes people just need to hear that stuff from an authority in order to understand and accept (even though your explanation should be enough. but yeah that's just the way it is sometimes). You could also try to go to an therapist if you want and have them explain instead (if you have the finance to do so, and want to). A therapist could also help with your mental health in genera if you ever relapse into your previous suicidal thoughts/behaviours.
And as for the haircut - sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission if your mom won't give it. (but if you know she will take it really badly maybe try to set your hair so it looks shorter - there's tutorials on youtube c:)

(sorry if my grammar/english in general isn't that good)
@Lepidolite
May I ask how old you are? because then I may be able to come with more concrete advice c:

But i have experienced something similar. I am not trans myself, but when I told my parents that I was depressed ((I am now on antidepressants so I am feeling much better now luckily c: )) they had a hard time understanding even though they wanted to help me and support me. I'm sorry to hear that they call you by your deadname, but I think the best course of action is to politely correct them when you feel like you have the energy to do it, and you all aren't in a bad mood or something. I would also suggest seeking out a doctor that you trust to help explain why you need a binder and that it won't hurt you. Sometimes people just need to hear that stuff from an authority in order to understand and accept (even though your explanation should be enough. but yeah that's just the way it is sometimes). You could also try to go to an therapist if you want and have them explain instead (if you have the finance to do so, and want to). A therapist could also help with your mental health in genera if you ever relapse into your previous suicidal thoughts/behaviours.
And as for the haircut - sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission if your mom won't give it. (but if you know she will take it really badly maybe try to set your hair so it looks shorter - there's tutorials on youtube c:)

(sorry if my grammar/english in general isn't that good)
underskrift-geo.png
Sup y'all, I'm an ace trans man with the best girlfriend in the world ^-^
Sup y'all, I'm an ace trans man with the best girlfriend in the world ^-^
CUvkP.gif Noodle says TERFs are a waste of oxygen CUvkP.gif
Hello everyone, I'm a bi girl that may or may not have a crush on my best friend~

I'm actually still questioning, but I know for sure I'm not straight.

After a bit of a.. slightly stressing incident with my.. *cough* "ex-boyfriend" I no longer feel any sexual feelings towards guys.

Can't believe he still thinks I like him... Like.. dude, you gotta move on and understand that I don't want to see you anymore.

My heart belongs to someone else. I just don't know if she likes me yet...
Hello everyone, I'm a bi girl that may or may not have a crush on my best friend~

I'm actually still questioning, but I know for sure I'm not straight.

After a bit of a.. slightly stressing incident with my.. *cough* "ex-boyfriend" I no longer feel any sexual feelings towards guys.

Can't believe he still thinks I like him... Like.. dude, you gotta move on and understand that I don't want to see you anymore.

My heart belongs to someone else. I just don't know if she likes me yet...
ezgif.com-resize1.gif ezgif.com-resize2.gif
- + sugi !!! + -
he/they/she
SHOWTIME!

- my little art shop -
"I know our ending
will be
a happy one."
@cordifolium

yep, im 16 and a half.
thats a good idea, i dont know if we have money to spare for therapy but i am starting commissions for USD and potentially getting a job so ill just pay for it myself. hopefully a professional will help them understand too. thank you for the advice! i dont think my parents mind me getting my hair cut short and me trying to present male, they just dont take me because they dont feel like it or something. im definitely luckier than some trans people, my parents will try their best i know and it hasnt been that long so maybe time and encouragement is all they need. also, im glad to know youre feeling better! depression is horrible to deal with! your grammar is really good too better than mine lmao
@cordifolium

yep, im 16 and a half.
thats a good idea, i dont know if we have money to spare for therapy but i am starting commissions for USD and potentially getting a job so ill just pay for it myself. hopefully a professional will help them understand too. thank you for the advice! i dont think my parents mind me getting my hair cut short and me trying to present male, they just dont take me because they dont feel like it or something. im definitely luckier than some trans people, my parents will try their best i know and it hasnt been that long so maybe time and encouragement is all they need. also, im glad to know youre feeling better! depression is horrible to deal with! your grammar is really good too better than mine lmao
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
I might have already introduced myself here, but I'm a bi girl and I might as well be gay since I prefer girls.

hello my fellow lgbt+ people
I might have already introduced myself here, but I'm a bi girl and I might as well be gay since I prefer girls.

hello my fellow lgbt+ people
LRphJMG.png
Haven't popped into this thread yet... hellooo, happy new year friends!
I'm a gay/homoflexible trans man hopefully starting HRT next year. :D Nice to meet you!
Haven't popped into this thread yet... hellooo, happy new year friends!
I'm a gay/homoflexible trans man hopefully starting HRT next year. :D Nice to meet you!
5qwFcmS.png

fr+0
he/his
INTP
Jay

1 2 ... 171 172 173 174 175 ... 649 650