Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ouija Board stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'd recommend looking up the ideomotor effect. It explains scientifically how the ouija board "works". Whether or not you buy into ouija boards and similar phenomena or not (I don't, personally), it's worth reading about.

@Krissim
thank you for making my night better omg
I'd recommend looking up the ideomotor effect. It explains scientifically how the ouija board "works". Whether or not you buy into ouija boards and similar phenomena or not (I don't, personally), it's worth reading about.

@Krissim
thank you for making my night better omg
@MorbidArachnid Once somebody drew an Ouija board on a chair in my maths classroom and my friend sat on it and freaked out the whole lesson.
@MorbidArachnid Once somebody drew an Ouija board on a chair in my maths classroom and my friend sat on it and freaked out the whole lesson.
My only real memory is of using a ouija board that my friends and I "hand-made," out of a thick card-board material and some acrylic paints. It worked about as efficiently as you'd think it would (ie., not at all)... the planchette got hitched up on the dried paint every so often.

But the highlight of one of its uses was when an internet friend from Ohio came to visit my home by train, and we dragged the board out. We asked to speak with my guardian spirit, and the board was basically like "[Internet Friend], GTFO."

I laughed awkwardly and said that the spirit must have been joking or something.

A couple weeks after that IRL visit, that friend got super mad at me for not having sex with him while he was over (thankfully, he didn't like... try to make a move or anything) and called me a "conceited *****."

So, uh... I guess I should have listened to the board. LOL.

Edit: Oh darn it. I was making a concentrated effort not to curse on my first post back on FR. Guess this proves my pottymouth.
My only real memory is of using a ouija board that my friends and I "hand-made," out of a thick card-board material and some acrylic paints. It worked about as efficiently as you'd think it would (ie., not at all)... the planchette got hitched up on the dried paint every so often.

But the highlight of one of its uses was when an internet friend from Ohio came to visit my home by train, and we dragged the board out. We asked to speak with my guardian spirit, and the board was basically like "[Internet Friend], GTFO."

I laughed awkwardly and said that the spirit must have been joking or something.

A couple weeks after that IRL visit, that friend got super mad at me for not having sex with him while he was over (thankfully, he didn't like... try to make a move or anything) and called me a "conceited *****."

So, uh... I guess I should have listened to the board. LOL.

Edit: Oh darn it. I was making a concentrated effort not to curse on my first post back on FR. Guess this proves my pottymouth.
bump
bump
tumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo1_500.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo2_250.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo3_100.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo4_r2_250.png
@MorbidArachnid

Decided I'll have a seance with my friend next Friday! Want an update on how it goes? :D
@MorbidArachnid

Decided I'll have a seance with my friend next Friday! Want an update on how it goes? :D
I would like to use a Ouija board, but I'm too scared to use one. I am not messing with the undead, I know they might be like, ''Yo, how u doin?'' but I am still really paranoid and i dont wanna accidentally **** it off. I can barely talk to the living, what makes me think I can talk to the dead, I don't know. I need to use one with some friends so we can all be cursed.
I would like to use a Ouija board, but I'm too scared to use one. I am not messing with the undead, I know they might be like, ''Yo, how u doin?'' but I am still really paranoid and i dont wanna accidentally **** it off. I can barely talk to the living, what makes me think I can talk to the dead, I don't know. I need to use one with some friends so we can all be cursed.
They/Them, 2+FR time, Pings are appreciated. what_if_banner_had_no_leg_by_epicdragon99-d9zmyrq.png
I think its fun, but I'm on the fence as to their legitimacy.

My friends and I used one just a couple weeks ago.
It was made using some carboard, felt pens and a planchette of glass.

I was the recorder, and it was fun, even though a friend, instead of allowing the subconscious(ideomotor) self / ghosties do the work he was being a dork and just doing it himself.

Granted it was still interesting. Until the chatspeak started because he was getting bored ahahah.

The only other time I've played with one was in this creepy cruddy hotel room, while drinking. We got a ghostie who didnt like what we were doing, and the ambiance of our creepy hotel really added to the experience.
I think its fun, but I'm on the fence as to their legitimacy.

My friends and I used one just a couple weeks ago.
It was made using some carboard, felt pens and a planchette of glass.

I was the recorder, and it was fun, even though a friend, instead of allowing the subconscious(ideomotor) self / ghosties do the work he was being a dork and just doing it himself.

Granted it was still interesting. Until the chatspeak started because he was getting bored ahahah.

The only other time I've played with one was in this creepy cruddy hotel room, while drinking. We got a ghostie who didnt like what we were doing, and the ambiance of our creepy hotel really added to the experience.
mazatl_by_whatcritter-d7qvtl6.gif
@thegoogy

Sure, I'd love to hear about it!
@thegoogy

Sure, I'd love to hear about it!
tumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo1_500.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo2_250.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo3_100.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo4_r2_250.png
I have plenty of fun spirit-related stories, but nothing too interesting involving Ouija. I've only used one maybe two or three times and only one of those had something happen (and it was a spirit I'm close to and he just kept making it go to "goodbye" so)
I have plenty of fun spirit-related stories, but nothing too interesting involving Ouija. I've only used one maybe two or three times and only one of those had something happen (and it was a spirit I'm close to and he just kept making it go to "goodbye" so)
tumblr_og98b2iGHF1vzfkcno1_75sq.gifoMAEOf6.giftumblr_og9a8lPYJw1vzfkcno1_75sq.gif
I spent 44 bucks buying an Ouija board because it is a really really pretty board [img]http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server700/b7b17/products/372/images/676/2077__65597.1280863293.1280.1280.jpg[/img] This is the one I have, it has the Tree of Life on it and a Pentragram as you can see I never ever intend on using it, I wanted it as decoration because it's the prettiest Ouija board I have ever seen, but my mom freaked when she saw it so I wrapped it up in a soft blanket and put it in my closest :< It has been there for 4 years now and mom has hopefully forgotten about it, but I'm afraid of taking it out again because she will most likely freak out, again My mom and I are both pretty spiritual, I don't doubt it being real, I just wish I could put it down as decoration without my mom getting angry
I spent 44 bucks buying an Ouija board because it is a really really pretty board
2077__65597.1280863293.1280.1280.jpg
This is the one I have, it has the Tree of Life on it and a Pentragram as you can see
I never ever intend on using it, I wanted it as decoration because it's the prettiest Ouija board I have ever seen, but my mom freaked when she saw it so I wrapped it up in a soft blanket and put it in my closest :<
It has been there for 4 years now and mom has hopefully forgotten about it, but I'm afraid of taking it out again because she will most likely freak out, again
My mom and I are both pretty spiritual, I don't doubt it being real, I just wish I could put it down as decoration without my mom getting angry
mirte_machine__gif__by_plushklavier-d9td84j.gif2131awk.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7