Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ouija Board stories?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Percifax really? My mother has always been like "Never mess with that junk honey because if you do your life is going to suck majorly"
@Percifax really? My mother has always been like "Never mess with that junk honey because if you do your life is going to suck majorly"
2gy7qfm.png
@Aestheric @nodobird
Theres a book called The illusion of Conscious Will.
If you read it and then follow up by playing a game of Ouija your ghosts will be much more friendlier i guarantee you
@Aestheric @nodobird
Theres a book called The illusion of Conscious Will.
If you read it and then follow up by playing a game of Ouija your ghosts will be much more friendlier i guarantee you
@draw That's very... interesting. I looked it up and it appears to be true. It's odd how much you can actually do with the other side.
@draw That's very... interesting. I looked it up and it appears to be true. It's odd how much you can actually do with the other side.
chaLd3m.png
YOU are needed to join the Dodo Cause™. (not trademarked) Instead of brewing them or eating them, send them to me to grow my army sanctuary!
Things can stick with you, too. It happens when you enter a haunted area, and people who have done ghost investigations have had things follow them home and mess with their families. Its important though to just be careful and know what you're doing. Prepare yourself. Just don't play with it like its a silly game. There's a whole lot we don't understand about this world (and others) and people often take that for granted. Its good that you people who use it use it with caution.

I have some experience with paranormal stuffs (mainly ghosts) if anyone's interested...
Things can stick with you, too. It happens when you enter a haunted area, and people who have done ghost investigations have had things follow them home and mess with their families. Its important though to just be careful and know what you're doing. Prepare yourself. Just don't play with it like its a silly game. There's a whole lot we don't understand about this world (and others) and people often take that for granted. Its good that you people who use it use it with caution.

I have some experience with paranormal stuffs (mainly ghosts) if anyone's interested...
chaLd3m.png
YOU are needed to join the Dodo Cause™. (not trademarked) Instead of brewing them or eating them, send them to me to grow my army sanctuary!
@NodoBird Yea, it's entirely possible for a spirit to tag along with you.

I've had a few experiences, but they were all minor. Two involved the same ghost, likely, while the other was completely different, and was visible.
@NodoBird Yea, it's entirely possible for a spirit to tag along with you.

I've had a few experiences, but they were all minor. Two involved the same ghost, likely, while the other was completely different, and was visible.
U80694W.png
As someone who is inherently sensitive to spirits, an Ouija board is something I have no interest in handling. I have had plenty of experiences without one, both positive and negative.

Seeing my grandmother's ghost walk across the living room in a white night gown while I was lying awake in my grandfather's easy chair, contemplating the fact that I was not in the least bit tired and I didn't dare turn on the TV because I didn't want to get in trouble if I woke my parents.

Getting prodded awake a few minutes before my alarm clock... I was sharing a twin sized bed with my then-boyfriend and we were sleeping back to back and I was facing the wall. He was sound asleep and didn't respond when I shook his shoulder lightly to test if it was him. I had a sore spot on my left side for a couple days.

Encountering an aggressive spirit in my father's house when I was the only one home. Heard what sounded like someone in my step-mother's craft room. Investigated, saw nothing in there. Went to get food and when I was headed back down the hallway to my room I could still hear someone or something clattering around and muttering. Told the spirit to 'Leave me alone!' and got an unexpected response. A male, rough voice asking in a daring tone 'Or what?'. Needless to say, I hid in my room the rest of the day.

Waking up one morning at my father's to the sound of someone calling softly to me trying to wake me up, and my computer chair creaking like someone was leaning forward in it. Sounded like my then-boyfriend, who was not at the house. Was attempting to sleep in so told the voice 'No, I'm sleeping'. Felt a profound sadness that dissipated rapidly. That had me sitting bolt upright in bed. No one there.

There are unexplained things in the world, whether we like it or not. And I for one don't need a prop to experience the unexplained. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) I haven't experienced anything in a few years.
As someone who is inherently sensitive to spirits, an Ouija board is something I have no interest in handling. I have had plenty of experiences without one, both positive and negative.

Seeing my grandmother's ghost walk across the living room in a white night gown while I was lying awake in my grandfather's easy chair, contemplating the fact that I was not in the least bit tired and I didn't dare turn on the TV because I didn't want to get in trouble if I woke my parents.

Getting prodded awake a few minutes before my alarm clock... I was sharing a twin sized bed with my then-boyfriend and we were sleeping back to back and I was facing the wall. He was sound asleep and didn't respond when I shook his shoulder lightly to test if it was him. I had a sore spot on my left side for a couple days.

Encountering an aggressive spirit in my father's house when I was the only one home. Heard what sounded like someone in my step-mother's craft room. Investigated, saw nothing in there. Went to get food and when I was headed back down the hallway to my room I could still hear someone or something clattering around and muttering. Told the spirit to 'Leave me alone!' and got an unexpected response. A male, rough voice asking in a daring tone 'Or what?'. Needless to say, I hid in my room the rest of the day.

Waking up one morning at my father's to the sound of someone calling softly to me trying to wake me up, and my computer chair creaking like someone was leaning forward in it. Sounded like my then-boyfriend, who was not at the house. Was attempting to sleep in so told the voice 'No, I'm sleeping'. Felt a profound sadness that dissipated rapidly. That had me sitting bolt upright in bed. No one there.

There are unexplained things in the world, whether we like it or not. And I for one don't need a prop to experience the unexplained. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) I haven't experienced anything in a few years.
Would make life more interesting if I believed in spirits but nothing even remotely spiritual has happened to me or anyone in my family ever so... I'm a bit skeptic. I did a few times see some things while lying in my bed as a kid but I'll write that off as tricks of a sleepy mind.
Would make life more interesting if I believed in spirits but nothing even remotely spiritual has happened to me or anyone in my family ever so... I'm a bit skeptic. I did a few times see some things while lying in my bed as a kid but I'll write that off as tricks of a sleepy mind.
LIo8D8G.gif
Why would you play with it

Just why
Why would you play with it

Just why
62-A53-F86-4-E45-489-D-A12-E-8-CCF366-EB754.jpg
Rai

• it's in the refrigerator
• overwatch/bg3 trash
• she/they | FR +1
@draw @finnley @aetheric

Don't worry, I was a hardcore atheist until like, a year ago, and I'm currently a biochemist. This is what I mean about fear mongering. Unless you're inherently sensitive to spirits they can't do jack **** to you, trust me I **** with spirits all the time. I have cussed at spirits before. I'm not inherently sensitive, I can't see spirits or auras, and I have a hard time with even meditating. I can still get spirits on the board with help from my friend who is much more sensitive, but she also goads spirits into attacking and the worst they've done is follow her around for a few days. One did throw a rock at her, but it was a demon and a completely different class. Most spirits are too weak to do anything but maybe show themselves to you, and if they do that they're just trying to scare you, but they can't actually hurt you, and if you're not sensitive like me you can't even see them. I've had anxious feelings that have followed me for a few hours, but if you're worried put up a shield and burn some sage, no biggy. I'd say if **** is moving around and you're getting intense dreams, either that spirit is incredibly powerful or you're dealing with a demon (and even most demons ive talked to aren't strong enough to move physical objects, imagine the force of energy required to actually do that) The most powerful demon I've talked to can influence dreams and she *******with this electric box and made a super loud static sound that scared us half to death. In that case it's important to be respectful and wary, but demons aren't demons as most people think, they aren't fallen angels or anything (i dont believe in angels or god) I think they're a separate class of being that aren't spirits, and they describe themselves as demons because they don't have another word for it. They're also like people, not all are bad, but if they're trying to freak you out they probably don't have good intentions.

Oujia 101:

The most important part about having a good experience is your location. If you're in a place that has a lot of negative emotions around it, and this can be from the living or the dead, it's going to draw more negative spirits. The friendliest spirit I ever talked to was a guy named Richard, he inhabits a park near my University. Parks are great places because most people go their to relax, there's a lot of good vibes, there's nature and water around, they're just generally good places to be. Richard used to work at the park, and he told me that him and some other spirits that live at the park actively keep it clean from bad spirits, so it's a safe space.
@draw @finnley @aetheric

Don't worry, I was a hardcore atheist until like, a year ago, and I'm currently a biochemist. This is what I mean about fear mongering. Unless you're inherently sensitive to spirits they can't do jack **** to you, trust me I **** with spirits all the time. I have cussed at spirits before. I'm not inherently sensitive, I can't see spirits or auras, and I have a hard time with even meditating. I can still get spirits on the board with help from my friend who is much more sensitive, but she also goads spirits into attacking and the worst they've done is follow her around for a few days. One did throw a rock at her, but it was a demon and a completely different class. Most spirits are too weak to do anything but maybe show themselves to you, and if they do that they're just trying to scare you, but they can't actually hurt you, and if you're not sensitive like me you can't even see them. I've had anxious feelings that have followed me for a few hours, but if you're worried put up a shield and burn some sage, no biggy. I'd say if **** is moving around and you're getting intense dreams, either that spirit is incredibly powerful or you're dealing with a demon (and even most demons ive talked to aren't strong enough to move physical objects, imagine the force of energy required to actually do that) The most powerful demon I've talked to can influence dreams and she *******with this electric box and made a super loud static sound that scared us half to death. In that case it's important to be respectful and wary, but demons aren't demons as most people think, they aren't fallen angels or anything (i dont believe in angels or god) I think they're a separate class of being that aren't spirits, and they describe themselves as demons because they don't have another word for it. They're also like people, not all are bad, but if they're trying to freak you out they probably don't have good intentions.

Oujia 101:

The most important part about having a good experience is your location. If you're in a place that has a lot of negative emotions around it, and this can be from the living or the dead, it's going to draw more negative spirits. The friendliest spirit I ever talked to was a guy named Richard, he inhabits a park near my University. Parks are great places because most people go their to relax, there's a lot of good vibes, there's nature and water around, they're just generally good places to be. Richard used to work at the park, and he told me that him and some other spirits that live at the park actively keep it clean from bad spirits, so it's a safe space.
tumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo1_500.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo2_250.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo3_100.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo4_r2_250.png
I've fussed with them off and on when I was younger, though now I am more cautious about them since I grasp better the trouble they can bring.

That said, store bought or home made at some point I seemed to start 'killing' them. They'd work until I did anything more than be the person writing down letters. Once I touched the thing/actively tried to play they'd descend into gibberish of nonsensical letters and numbers. This happened with a few boards, and different groups of people over time. Even if I went back to not playing and just writing, the board would continue with the gibberish. I took the hint eventually and gave up, lol.

Other than that, nothing particularly hinky, heebly or overly astoundingly weird or interesting happened whenever I used one. I am sure at the time whatever the board said might have seemed weird or profound, but nothing major enough that it sticks out. There was a peculiar whiff of lit matches once but that was about it.

The more curious thing though is we supposedly had two of them in our old house. Unless they're packed away in some box we've never gotten into, or got tossed and I don't remember it, I never found either of them when we moved. Well, I found the planchette from one, but nothing else.

I've fussed with them off and on when I was younger, though now I am more cautious about them since I grasp better the trouble they can bring.

That said, store bought or home made at some point I seemed to start 'killing' them. They'd work until I did anything more than be the person writing down letters. Once I touched the thing/actively tried to play they'd descend into gibberish of nonsensical letters and numbers. This happened with a few boards, and different groups of people over time. Even if I went back to not playing and just writing, the board would continue with the gibberish. I took the hint eventually and gave up, lol.

Other than that, nothing particularly hinky, heebly or overly astoundingly weird or interesting happened whenever I used one. I am sure at the time whatever the board said might have seemed weird or profound, but nothing major enough that it sticks out. There was a peculiar whiff of lit matches once but that was about it.

The more curious thing though is we supposedly had two of them in our old house. Unless they're packed away in some box we've never gotten into, or got tossed and I don't remember it, I never found either of them when we moved. Well, I found the planchette from one, but nothing else.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7