Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | pls tell me your online dating story!!
1 2 3 4 5
@Fragminted

I'm so happy for you! thanks for story and I definitely wish the best for both of you :D

and yes, absolutely! I appreciate the advice because I definitely don't want to be stupid and put my entire heart in a relationship that is one-sided.
@Fragminted

I'm so happy for you! thanks for story and I definitely wish the best for both of you :D

and yes, absolutely! I appreciate the advice because I definitely don't want to be stupid and put my entire heart in a relationship that is one-sided.
button-2_zpsuexktmou.png
@trickybiz

ohhh, i've heard of hellotalk!! installed it but never used it; is it good? O: i've really been wanting to practise my mandarin lately. ; u ;

like many others here, i've mainly had bad experiences in ldr online, but most of those can be attributed to my immaturity and guys that really should've known better than to do what they did. /: in your case, it sounds really lovely! i think that as long as you don't rush into anything and set certain boundaries, then carry the relationship forth once you meet irl, it'll work out!! i have a lot of friends who've met their s/os online and i honestly feel like i'm going to find someone online one day, since the place i live in isn't too great. ; u ;
@trickybiz

ohhh, i've heard of hellotalk!! installed it but never used it; is it good? O: i've really been wanting to practise my mandarin lately. ; u ;

like many others here, i've mainly had bad experiences in ldr online, but most of those can be attributed to my immaturity and guys that really should've known better than to do what they did. /: in your case, it sounds really lovely! i think that as long as you don't rush into anything and set certain boundaries, then carry the relationship forth once you meet irl, it'll work out!! i have a lot of friends who've met their s/os online and i honestly feel like i'm going to find someone online one day, since the place i live in isn't too great. ; u ;
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
@trickybiz

I met my boyfriend when I was 14 on FanFiction, and we were together shortly before my 15th birthday. I'm 18 now. Still together. And we didn't meet in person first. xP

Our main problems have been primarily dealing with our mental issues like depression, and just being sad at not being able to be together and cuddle and stuff. We don't fight. No abuse. We're both happy and want to live together soon and get married someday. It's an idyllic relationship.

When we met in real life he was.. exactly like I expected. When you talk to someone for 14 hours a day for 3 years then you tend to know them inside out. The thing about the internet is that you can see people for who they really are, and you'll be less judgmental about their physical quirks than you would normally.

I would say it's not necessary to meet first to have a strong romantic relationship, if the person is a great friend and you know a lot about them. Caution of course must be exercised if you don't know him that well, if you don't share everything, if you're not sure he's as nice as he seems to be. However if you are very close friends then I wouldn't worry and just go for it.

My advice is to admit your feelings for him, and if he feels the same or is unsure, give him time to think. If he does like you back, then just talk about where you think your relationship should go. Whether you decide to go romantic or just keep it platonic until you can arrange to meet, see if it works out.

Just remember that is takes a strong will to get through the times when you just want to be with him. It'll take a big toll on you. And it may be very stressful or depressing for you both. Remember to stay strong and persevere, because it'll be worth it someday. <3
@trickybiz

I met my boyfriend when I was 14 on FanFiction, and we were together shortly before my 15th birthday. I'm 18 now. Still together. And we didn't meet in person first. xP

Our main problems have been primarily dealing with our mental issues like depression, and just being sad at not being able to be together and cuddle and stuff. We don't fight. No abuse. We're both happy and want to live together soon and get married someday. It's an idyllic relationship.

When we met in real life he was.. exactly like I expected. When you talk to someone for 14 hours a day for 3 years then you tend to know them inside out. The thing about the internet is that you can see people for who they really are, and you'll be less judgmental about their physical quirks than you would normally.

I would say it's not necessary to meet first to have a strong romantic relationship, if the person is a great friend and you know a lot about them. Caution of course must be exercised if you don't know him that well, if you don't share everything, if you're not sure he's as nice as he seems to be. However if you are very close friends then I wouldn't worry and just go for it.

My advice is to admit your feelings for him, and if he feels the same or is unsure, give him time to think. If he does like you back, then just talk about where you think your relationship should go. Whether you decide to go romantic or just keep it platonic until you can arrange to meet, see if it works out.

Just remember that is takes a strong will to get through the times when you just want to be with him. It'll take a big toll on you. And it may be very stressful or depressing for you both. Remember to stay strong and persevere, because it'll be worth it someday. <3
We met at the online game Town of Salem back in May 2014!! We've been together for over a year now too.... How'd I ask him out? I sent him this and he took it seriously. [img]https://ircimg.net/1349817682153.jpg[/img] I love him so much,,,
We met at the online game Town of Salem back in May 2014!! We've been together for over a year now too....
How'd I ask him out? I sent him this and he took it seriously.
1349817682153.jpg
I love him so much,,,
/// Kacper/Prince
/// 23 + He/Xe
/// Please don't use tone indicators for me!
/// ART SHOP
neo_pixel.png
@Lacelottie

I personally have nothing but good things to say about HelloTalk!! I've made amazing friends. but if you Google reviews, the app didn't work out for some people and my theory is that it honestly depends on how much you already know of your target language, if there's a lot of native speakers available and your gender. like, most guys prefer to learn with girls only (IDK why) and so if you're a girl, you'll never be short of others initiating conversation lol but if you just want the same gender, the app gives you the option to only be seen by them! I also love the fact that it has so many cool features so it's specifically catered to language learning. Mandarin is a popular language, I think, so I think you'll be OK. and hm, yeah, I guess that's it. sorry for babbling!

and sorry about the bad experiences! it's unfortunate how many people have gone through them. :/ but thanks! I'm very excited for us but I'm also prepared that if it doesn't work out, it'll be OK

BTW, where does your sig quote come from??
@Lacelottie

I personally have nothing but good things to say about HelloTalk!! I've made amazing friends. but if you Google reviews, the app didn't work out for some people and my theory is that it honestly depends on how much you already know of your target language, if there's a lot of native speakers available and your gender. like, most guys prefer to learn with girls only (IDK why) and so if you're a girl, you'll never be short of others initiating conversation lol but if you just want the same gender, the app gives you the option to only be seen by them! I also love the fact that it has so many cool features so it's specifically catered to language learning. Mandarin is a popular language, I think, so I think you'll be OK. and hm, yeah, I guess that's it. sorry for babbling!

and sorry about the bad experiences! it's unfortunate how many people have gone through them. :/ but thanks! I'm very excited for us but I'm also prepared that if it doesn't work out, it'll be OK

BTW, where does your sig quote come from??
button-2_zpsuexktmou.png
@trickybiz

oh, thank you so much!! <33 no worries about babbling, i love to chat! anything is okay, aha. sounds good--i'll be sure to check it out! i'm always really nervous about speaking in another language since i'm afraid i'll make a fool out of myself, but i guess you always have to take the first step. ; u ; it's super cool you've made friends and learnt using the app though!! hopefully i'll be able to find some people to chat with, aha

thanks, friend! <33 yeah, i have to admit that there is this certain stigma around online dating and it's hit or miss, but i'm pretty optimistic about things. if it doesn't work out today, it'll work out another day!
good luck to you and the guy you like, though! best wishes for y'all i'm a sucker for romance stories aha

ohh, it's a combination of a really good quote i read in a fanfiction once (the manticus apollo part) as well as a quote from Victor Hugo's Les Miserables (the blind man part). i totally recommend les mis 10/10 if you want to break your heart tbh because enjolras and grantaire are perfect and i have a lot of feelings (oops i'm rambling)
@trickybiz

oh, thank you so much!! <33 no worries about babbling, i love to chat! anything is okay, aha. sounds good--i'll be sure to check it out! i'm always really nervous about speaking in another language since i'm afraid i'll make a fool out of myself, but i guess you always have to take the first step. ; u ; it's super cool you've made friends and learnt using the app though!! hopefully i'll be able to find some people to chat with, aha

thanks, friend! <33 yeah, i have to admit that there is this certain stigma around online dating and it's hit or miss, but i'm pretty optimistic about things. if it doesn't work out today, it'll work out another day!
good luck to you and the guy you like, though! best wishes for y'all i'm a sucker for romance stories aha

ohh, it's a combination of a really good quote i read in a fanfiction once (the manticus apollo part) as well as a quote from Victor Hugo's Les Miserables (the blind man part). i totally recommend les mis 10/10 if you want to break your heart tbh because enjolras and grantaire are perfect and i have a lot of feelings (oops i'm rambling)
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
@SnickerToodles

that's awesome, so you guys are both writers? even better lol I'm very glad you both have a strong, peaceful relationship and I totally feel you on the depression thing :/ I struggle with that too and also severe anxiety which is another reason I'm so happy about just having a crush! I hadn't had a genuine crush in over 5 years and the whole thing gives me another reason to look forward to every new day and to smile about... oh gosh lol

and absolutely! if both parties are genuine and sincere about it, it's as real as it being in real life. and also very true that through the internet, it can be way more intimate. so far, it's only been a bit more than a month so for me, it feels too soon to admit my feelings and I'd rather wait until I'm off this high to see if we're both real about it all. lol

thanks so much for telling me your story! and I appreciate the advice which I will definitely keep in mind. wish you both the best!

@Zihette

that's got to be the funniest and cutest way to meet! lol classic memes ;)

thanks for sharing!
@SnickerToodles

that's awesome, so you guys are both writers? even better lol I'm very glad you both have a strong, peaceful relationship and I totally feel you on the depression thing :/ I struggle with that too and also severe anxiety which is another reason I'm so happy about just having a crush! I hadn't had a genuine crush in over 5 years and the whole thing gives me another reason to look forward to every new day and to smile about... oh gosh lol

and absolutely! if both parties are genuine and sincere about it, it's as real as it being in real life. and also very true that through the internet, it can be way more intimate. so far, it's only been a bit more than a month so for me, it feels too soon to admit my feelings and I'd rather wait until I'm off this high to see if we're both real about it all. lol

thanks so much for telling me your story! and I appreciate the advice which I will definitely keep in mind. wish you both the best!

@Zihette

that's got to be the funniest and cutest way to meet! lol classic memes ;)

thanks for sharing!
button-2_zpsuexktmou.png
@trickybiz

Yeah, we're both writers. xD The initial lovey stage is really nice, although I had a lot of anxiety about my feelings at first and I didn't get to really enjoy it until we were actually in a relationship. So I'm glad you're happy. :D

Ah yeah, that makes sense. I would wait at least 3-6 months to see how your feelings fare. Just keep talking and growing closer, learning more about each other. Most successful long-term relationships seem to start out with the two being best friends. And hey, maybe he'll even fess up first. xD

Thank you. Good luck. ^^
@trickybiz

Yeah, we're both writers. xD The initial lovey stage is really nice, although I had a lot of anxiety about my feelings at first and I didn't get to really enjoy it until we were actually in a relationship. So I'm glad you're happy. :D

Ah yeah, that makes sense. I would wait at least 3-6 months to see how your feelings fare. Just keep talking and growing closer, learning more about each other. Most successful long-term relationships seem to start out with the two being best friends. And hey, maybe he'll even fess up first. xD

Thank you. Good luck. ^^
My first online girlfriend was a nice girl in finland, she sent me a stuffed giraffe and my family made fun of me for it. We eventually stopped talking because life just got busy and we moved on.

Second one was ******* nuts and it was less "online girlfriend" and more she clung to me and wouldn't go away though. First of all she claimed she was a vampire and a dragon, and that I too was a vampire and we were married in a past life. Which was weird because she brought this out the first time we ever chatted on a random forum. And I was like "what". Fun times.
My first online girlfriend was a nice girl in finland, she sent me a stuffed giraffe and my family made fun of me for it. We eventually stopped talking because life just got busy and we moved on.

Second one was ******* nuts and it was less "online girlfriend" and more she clung to me and wouldn't go away though. First of all she claimed she was a vampire and a dragon, and that I too was a vampire and we were married in a past life. Which was weird because she brought this out the first time we ever chatted on a random forum. And I was like "what". Fun times.
@trickybiz Nope, it was tumblr actually. She thought I was a weirdo but wrote me anyways x3 We've been together for over a year.
@trickybiz Nope, it was tumblr actually. She thought I was a weirdo but wrote me anyways x3 We've been together for over a year.
187008e47976df5e48be1a2aaddf54ba4af76fbc.gif
1 2 3 4 5