Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Coming out..Was it hard for you as well?
1 2 3 4
Was it hard for those who came out to some one they are close too? Or was it easy? I want to see how many LGBTQ people are out there, and I wish to know YOUR story :) But you do not have to if you wish not to tell ^^ As for me I am a lesbian and I came out (on accident) about 8 months ago, and let me tell you it was a wild ride for me emotionally...!

ALSO I do read everyone's posts! I just do not have the time to answer all of them, but I will try hard to respond to as much as I can :)

Was it hard for those who came out to some one they are close too? Or was it easy? I want to see how many LGBTQ people are out there, and I wish to know YOUR story :) But you do not have to if you wish not to tell ^^ As for me I am a lesbian and I came out (on accident) about 8 months ago, and let me tell you it was a wild ride for me emotionally...!

ALSO I do read everyone's posts! I just do not have the time to answer all of them, but I will try hard to respond to as much as I can :)

........ deity_shadowbinder_by_dogi_crimson-da4xq7y.gif tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
@TheCorruptedOne
When I came out as lesbian, my mom didn't take it well, and refused to talk about for several months, and she still hates it when I say I want to wear guy clothes. My dad was a lot better though. He was pretty much 'I've been unhappy most of my life, and I don't want you to do the same.'
@TheCorruptedOne
When I came out as lesbian, my mom didn't take it well, and refused to talk about for several months, and she still hates it when I say I want to wear guy clothes. My dad was a lot better though. He was pretty much 'I've been unhappy most of my life, and I don't want you to do the same.'
@TheCorruptedOne
When I told my dad I may be bi he made a joke about me sucking my best friend's d*** (I am a guy so). So that's basically the last time I told my parents anything lol. My friends were more supportive. Now I'm just purpoesly vague about my sexuality to mess with people tbh.
@TheCorruptedOne
When I told my dad I may be bi he made a joke about me sucking my best friend's d*** (I am a guy so). So that's basically the last time I told my parents anything lol. My friends were more supportive. Now I'm just purpoesly vague about my sexuality to mess with people tbh.
DRr34Qm.png
@TheCorruptedOne I didn't mean to come out but my mom looked through my personal notes from therapy where I spoke about being trans so... Yeah it's still hard.
@TheCorruptedOne I didn't mean to come out but my mom looked through my personal notes from therapy where I spoke about being trans so... Yeah it's still hard.
187008e47976df5e48be1a2aaddf54ba4af76fbc.gif
My parents had always told me that it was okay to love anyone and I wouldn't be judged, so it was relatively easy to come out when I was still figuring out my orientations as a kid.

Coming out as trans when i was 16 was..much harder. The first time didn't work at all. I sent a super long text and crossed my fingers, but when they came home they just stood in my room for 20 minutes explaining why I wasn't trans and how they know me better than that. I had to come out again years later (twice) for them to finally see that I wasn't confused or making anything up. It was a really bumpy road before then..I was never in danger of being kicked out or anything, but any trans person knows how it feels to exist around other people who don't believe in your identity. Finally things are great though, 4 years later at 20. My family uses my pronouns and correct their slip-ups, and they've learned so much to understand.

You never really stop coming out honestly. Each time you meet someone new its a decision to let them know that part of you exists. Being openly non-binary is scary and new for me, and sometimes it seems...pretty bleak. But having understanding family and friends helps give me courage.
Despite any fear or anxiety I experience on a daily basis, however, it's endlessly better than living my life in the closet. I'm very fortunate that I live in a place where I can display my gender without much chance of being attacked, let alone killed.
My parents had always told me that it was okay to love anyone and I wouldn't be judged, so it was relatively easy to come out when I was still figuring out my orientations as a kid.

Coming out as trans when i was 16 was..much harder. The first time didn't work at all. I sent a super long text and crossed my fingers, but when they came home they just stood in my room for 20 minutes explaining why I wasn't trans and how they know me better than that. I had to come out again years later (twice) for them to finally see that I wasn't confused or making anything up. It was a really bumpy road before then..I was never in danger of being kicked out or anything, but any trans person knows how it feels to exist around other people who don't believe in your identity. Finally things are great though, 4 years later at 20. My family uses my pronouns and correct their slip-ups, and they've learned so much to understand.

You never really stop coming out honestly. Each time you meet someone new its a decision to let them know that part of you exists. Being openly non-binary is scary and new for me, and sometimes it seems...pretty bleak. But having understanding family and friends helps give me courage.
Despite any fear or anxiety I experience on a daily basis, however, it's endlessly better than living my life in the closet. I'm very fortunate that I live in a place where I can display my gender without much chance of being attacked, let alone killed.
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngKBrR3YL.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
Since I hopefully will only ever be with the person I'm with now, it's not really a concern to me. It would feel like unnecessary drama to tell my parents that I'm demi/pan when not much is really going to come of it. It's nice to be able to figure out what I am and why my life is so weird romantically-speaking, but beyond that, it's not something I want everyone to know. xD

I have mentioned the first suspicions of it to my friends a while back, and they didn't really react or anything. It wasn't really a coming out, it was just mentioned in a conversation. I wouldn't have a problem with telling them if it arose but I don't want to make a big deal out of it. xD

I think I'm very much in the minority with my personal views on coming out... I don't think most people want to be closeted. xP
Since I hopefully will only ever be with the person I'm with now, it's not really a concern to me. It would feel like unnecessary drama to tell my parents that I'm demi/pan when not much is really going to come of it. It's nice to be able to figure out what I am and why my life is so weird romantically-speaking, but beyond that, it's not something I want everyone to know. xD

I have mentioned the first suspicions of it to my friends a while back, and they didn't really react or anything. It wasn't really a coming out, it was just mentioned in a conversation. I wouldn't have a problem with telling them if it arose but I don't want to make a big deal out of it. xD

I think I'm very much in the minority with my personal views on coming out... I don't think most people want to be closeted. xP
I was never really not out about my sexuality; as soon as I knew it, I was open about it. I'm fortunate that both my parents and friends don't care about that kind of thing. However, I'm only half-out about being trans. My dad knows, and he was accepting. One of my aunts knows, she's accepting. Accidentally came out to my little sisters, and of course they were fine with it. I've made a point of educating them on LGBT+ issues since schools tend to not touch on it. My friends know and are cool with it. My mother and the rest of my family have no clue. I'm not really afraid about coming out to them though (well, other than the general nervousness that usually comes with it), I just don't want to bother until I go see a doctor so I can start the process to get access to testosterone. I'm not asking family to switch pronouns until I get on HRT anyway, so there's no point until then.

Honestly, the hardest part about coming out was building up the initial courage to do it.
I was never really not out about my sexuality; as soon as I knew it, I was open about it. I'm fortunate that both my parents and friends don't care about that kind of thing. However, I'm only half-out about being trans. My dad knows, and he was accepting. One of my aunts knows, she's accepting. Accidentally came out to my little sisters, and of course they were fine with it. I've made a point of educating them on LGBT+ issues since schools tend to not touch on it. My friends know and are cool with it. My mother and the rest of my family have no clue. I'm not really afraid about coming out to them though (well, other than the general nervousness that usually comes with it), I just don't want to bother until I go see a doctor so I can start the process to get access to testosterone. I'm not asking family to switch pronouns until I get on HRT anyway, so there's no point until then.

Honestly, the hardest part about coming out was building up the initial courage to do it.
riIlIkg.pngxxxxxxx2fThUE6.pngxxxxxxx3RHrJoP.png
@TheCorruptedOne
It was hard for me as bi, honestly. I know that's a joke for some people but it was very scary for me to accept it and then reach out to my friends about it. I've been with a couple girls before but my mom still believes its a phase. My half sister is lesbian and she'll fight for her, because she's being forced into relationships with men by her blood mother who thinks her being lesbian is a phase (my sister is in her mid 30's and has been with women for almost her entire life). Yet, my mom doesn't believe in bi.

My boyfriend is really accepting, but I think it makes him somewhat uncomfortable because I follow a lot of girls on instagram/tumblr etc who I find attractive.
@TheCorruptedOne
It was hard for me as bi, honestly. I know that's a joke for some people but it was very scary for me to accept it and then reach out to my friends about it. I've been with a couple girls before but my mom still believes its a phase. My half sister is lesbian and she'll fight for her, because she's being forced into relationships with men by her blood mother who thinks her being lesbian is a phase (my sister is in her mid 30's and has been with women for almost her entire life). Yet, my mom doesn't believe in bi.

My boyfriend is really accepting, but I think it makes him somewhat uncomfortable because I follow a lot of girls on instagram/tumblr etc who I find attractive.
tiny-mocha.png

hi, i'm breathe. (´• ω •`) «
you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
[tool] breeding predictor & matchmaker «
@TheCorruptedOne

It wasn't hard for me to come out the first time. Unfortunately, I came out wrong. I thought I was a lesbian, but in truth I was actually Demisexual. So I had to come out a second time. My mother dismissed it and told me to just identify as gay because I was dating a girl anyway. :/ And "it takes too long to explain your identity and people won't understand." So. Yeah.

Unfortunately, even that doesn't work. Cos my partner is not actually a woman. They're just read that way.

Also when I attempted to talk about a possible gender-change the response was "Don't you dare go changing your gender on me. I deal with so much of your [crap] already."

...so that went well.
@TheCorruptedOne

It wasn't hard for me to come out the first time. Unfortunately, I came out wrong. I thought I was a lesbian, but in truth I was actually Demisexual. So I had to come out a second time. My mother dismissed it and told me to just identify as gay because I was dating a girl anyway. :/ And "it takes too long to explain your identity and people won't understand." So. Yeah.

Unfortunately, even that doesn't work. Cos my partner is not actually a woman. They're just read that way.

Also when I attempted to talk about a possible gender-change the response was "Don't you dare go changing your gender on me. I deal with so much of your [crap] already."

...so that went well.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
I did never really come out as asexual/aromantic/agender, since my parents are russian and probably not ok with it...they may not even knpw what it means... but I'm doing my best to express my disinterest in marriage and all that stuff at any given opportunity! O3O
I may tell them the truth once I'm out of University and have a job. This isn't too important, though. I'll probably wait till they directly ask me about it anyways haha ;u;

Lol and my friends? They don't even know the terms either, but they at least accepted it ... I think? Maybe they're just joking about how I failed at live and will never get a boyfriend xD
I did never really come out as asexual/aromantic/agender, since my parents are russian and probably not ok with it...they may not even knpw what it means... but I'm doing my best to express my disinterest in marriage and all that stuff at any given opportunity! O3O
I may tell them the truth once I'm out of University and have a job. This isn't too important, though. I'll probably wait till they directly ask me about it anyways haha ;u;

Lol and my friends? They don't even know the terms either, but they at least accepted it ... I think? Maybe they're just joking about how I failed at live and will never get a boyfriend xD
hMhI9My.png ->My lvl 25 borrowing stable!
1 2 3 4