Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Breeding Matchmaker [UPDATED]
1 2 3
Hello! My name is Breathe and I made a web application for predicting color outcomes from a specific pair, as well as a calculator that will tell you which pair of parents from a list of potential ones would provide the best chance for a specific outcome. [url=https://guardian.mayumi.dev/]It's called Guardian and you can use it here[/url]. It is currently still mostly under development but I believe the state it's at is MVP. So, while not everything is implemented yet (like settings) it is mostly entirely usable for its intended purpose. I have various things planned for it in the future including but not limited to: [LIST=1] [*] [s]Gene Probability [emoji=primary gene size=1][emoji=secondary gene size=1][emoji=tertiary gene size=1][/s] [*] [s]Breed Probability [emoji=coatl love size=1][emoji=guardian laughing size=1][emoji=imperial tongue size=1][/s] [*] Eye Rarity Probability [emoji=special eyes size=1] [*] Ancient Breed Support [emoji=veilspun star size=1][emoji=gaoler winking size=1][emoji=banescale happy size=1] [*] Saving parents to a file and being able to load it into the site to pick up from where you left off [emoji=book 2 size=1] [*] Dark Mode [emoji=cat 3 size=1] (and various other aesthetic upgrades) [*] Text list of color names under color span (very important for mobile since they can't hover to see the colors) [emoji=pastel rainbow size=1] [/LIST] [url=https://github.com/myumi/guardian/]It is also up on GitHub if you would like to peek at it (currently working on the resdesign branch) or contribute to it if you are also a developer.[/url] I made Guardian because I wanted a tool that did what it does. Although there are other breeding calculators out there, they didn't have everything I wanted and were not open-source. I had no other option but to start from scratch and make my own if I wanted something like the matchmaking service or clicking the colors on the span to set them as the child's, adding labels to the colors, etc, etc. As for this thread, I am just spreading the news. If you have *any* contributions, critiques, or comments, PLEASE tell me. I want to make this a tool everyone has an easy time using and understanding. If anything seems unclear to you, it's important that I know so I can fix it. Anyway, thank you for checking out this thread. I hope Guardian can help you with your next breeding project!
Hello!
My name is Breathe and I made a web application for predicting color outcomes from a specific pair, as well as a calculator that will tell you which pair of parents from a list of potential ones would provide the best chance for a specific outcome.

It's called Guardian and you can use it here.

It is currently still mostly under development but I believe the state it's at is MVP.
So, while not everything is implemented yet (like settings) it is mostly entirely usable for its intended purpose.

I have various things planned for it in the future including but not limited to:
  1. Gene Probability
  2. Breed Probability
  3. Eye Rarity Probability
  4. Ancient Breed Support
  5. Saving parents to a file and being able to load it into the site to pick up from where you left off
  6. Dark Mode (and various other aesthetic upgrades)
  7. Text list of color names under color span (very important for mobile since they can't hover to see the colors)

It is also up on GitHub if you would like to peek at it (currently working on the resdesign branch) or contribute to it if you are also a developer.

I made Guardian because I wanted a tool that did what it does.
Although there are other breeding calculators out there, they didn't have everything I wanted and were not open-source. I had no other option but to start from scratch and make my own if I wanted something like the matchmaking service or clicking the colors on the span to set them as the child's, adding labels to the colors, etc, etc.

As for this thread, I am just spreading the news. If you have *any* contributions, critiques, or comments, PLEASE tell me. I want to make this a tool everyone has an easy time using and understanding. If anything seems unclear to you, it's important that I know so I can fix it.

Anyway, thank you for checking out this thread. I hope Guardian can help you with your next breeding project!
tiny-mocha.png

hi, i'm breathe. (´• ω •`) «
you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
[tool] breeding predictor & matchmaker «
So excited to see this go live! You've done some amazing work! [emoji=fae star size=2]
So excited to see this go live! You've done some amazing work!
Looks so good! Very easy to use, and I love the color scheme. So proud of you!!!!
Looks so good! Very easy to use, and I love the color scheme. So proud of you!!!!
this looks amazing! thank you for your hard work, cannot wait to use it for the project i just decided to work on! <3
this looks amazing! thank you for your hard work, cannot wait to use it for the project i just decided to work on! <3
Zx2FH9a.png
Thank you everyone!! ;w; It means a lot. Here's a small preview on how breed prediction is going. Functionally, it's basically finished but there's some styling and structure changes I want to do. There's going to be a second column in that box for the gene prediction (which is why the images seem so far apart currently -- they are stretching to fill the space, which won't be free soon!). [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/651148711115882556/898663818828324915/Screenshot_2021-10-15_at_16-07-53_Flight_Rising_Guardian1.png[/img] I plan on releasing this feature + gene prediction + styling upgrades at the end of next week. After that, it's just saving everything to a file for loading and settings. Then I think we're all done, and any further updates will be limited to adding new genes and breeds as they come out. Whew!
Thank you everyone!! ;w; It means a lot.
Here's a small preview on how breed prediction is going. Functionally, it's basically finished but there's some styling and structure changes I want to do.

There's going to be a second column in that box for the gene prediction (which is why the images seem so far apart currently -- they are stretching to fill the space, which won't be free soon!).

Screenshot_2021-10-15_at_16-07-53_Flight_Rising_Guardian1.png

I plan on releasing this feature + gene prediction + styling upgrades at the end of next week.
After that, it's just saving everything to a file for loading and settings. Then I think we're all done, and any further updates will be limited to adding new genes and breeds as they come out. Whew!
tiny-mocha.png

you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
this looks awsome! its got a lot of potential, i can see this being very useful for my projects~!
this looks awsome! its got a lot of potential, i can see this being very useful for my projects~!
Here's a mockup I did a while ago on how I plan on laying out the final outcomes. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/651148711115882556/898685734662307880/MacBook_-_6.png[/img] I made the background white since that matches with most of Flight Rising's forums.
Here's a mockup I did a while ago on how I plan on laying out the final outcomes.

MacBook_-_6.png

I made the background white since that matches with most of Flight Rising's forums.
tiny-mocha.png

you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
Oh, I also didn't mention in the main post but as it is now, it is 100% mobile-friendly and I plan on keeping it that way going forward. I learned a while ago that a large portion of FR players play almost exclusively on mobile, so I figured it would be important.
Oh, I also didn't mention in the main post but as it is now, it is 100% mobile-friendly and I plan on keeping it that way going forward. I learned a while ago that a large portion of FR players play almost exclusively on mobile, so I figured it would be important.
tiny-mocha.png

you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
Here's that update I promised! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/651148711115882556/901215637827878912/Screenshot_2021-10-22_at_17-08-29_Flight_Rising_Guardian.png[/img] You can now see exactly why breeding for breed and gene is really difficult (nearly impossible!), but it's also an easy way to check for rarities and chances between traits overall. Also easy to screenshot for pairs and hatcheries.
Here's that update I promised!

Screenshot_2021-10-22_at_17-08-29_Flight_Rising_Guardian.png

You can now see exactly why breeding for breed and gene is really difficult (nearly impossible!), but it's also an easy way to check for rarities and chances between traits overall. Also easy to screenshot for pairs and hatcheries.
tiny-mocha.png

you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
Ohhhh this looks great! If I ever get VSCode reinstalled I'll have to take a peek at the code and how you've set things up. Speaking of—I'm getting a 404 on the Github page you have linked. It looks like it's trying to direct to the redesign branch rather than the main project, which I can't see. The regular main branch displays as normal when I find that URL, but just a heads up!
Ohhhh this looks great! If I ever get VSCode reinstalled I'll have to take a peek at the code and how you've set things up. Speaking of—I'm getting a 404 on the Github page you have linked. It looks like it's trying to direct to the redesign branch rather than the main project, which I can't see. The regular main branch displays as normal when I find that URL, but just a heads up!
UZVTEBc.png
1 2 3