Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Coming out..Was it hard for you as well?
1 2 3 4
I'm not out to a good majority of my relatives but am to most of my friends. They were all cool with it, said they understood. The one family member is my sister cousin and she was completly supportive. She even came out to me also. I'll tell the rest of my family I'm bi when I'm financially independant. We're all Christian and they can be pretty judgemental so I don't wanna be kicked out.
I'm not out to a good majority of my relatives but am to most of my friends. They were all cool with it, said they understood. The one family member is my sister cousin and she was completly supportive. She even came out to me also. I'll tell the rest of my family I'm bi when I'm financially independant. We're all Christian and they can be pretty judgemental so I don't wanna be kicked out.
@TheCorruptedOne A lot of people have never even heard of my sexuality, even a lot of those who consider themselves "learned" about stuff like that. I am demi, which means I don't feel physically attracted to anyone without a deep, emotional connection. So for me it's basically like "I won't want to do anything more than hug if we're not in a romantic relationship." I actually have only come out to two of my closest friends, as well as my sister.

Imagine my surprise, coming from such a small minority of the LGBT community, when I told my sister "hey I'm demi" and she immediately responded "hey me too." Kind of a big deal, honestly. We understand each other in a lot of ways.

Even my friends who have no idea about LGBT stuff just kind of went "that cool. What's that?" And when I explained it they were just like "Yeah, not surprised, sounds like you."
@TheCorruptedOne A lot of people have never even heard of my sexuality, even a lot of those who consider themselves "learned" about stuff like that. I am demi, which means I don't feel physically attracted to anyone without a deep, emotional connection. So for me it's basically like "I won't want to do anything more than hug if we're not in a romantic relationship." I actually have only come out to two of my closest friends, as well as my sister.

Imagine my surprise, coming from such a small minority of the LGBT community, when I told my sister "hey I'm demi" and she immediately responded "hey me too." Kind of a big deal, honestly. We understand each other in a lot of ways.

Even my friends who have no idea about LGBT stuff just kind of went "that cool. What's that?" And when I explained it they were just like "Yeah, not surprised, sounds like you."
I'm a transman, and I have no intention to ever come out. My husband and my best friends are the only ones who know, though my dad has guessed before. He introduced me to a friend as "my handsome son, who used to be my beautiful daughter" and winked at me. I was flattered, but I said nothing in reply :3
I'm a transman, and I have no intention to ever come out. My husband and my best friends are the only ones who know, though my dad has guessed before. He introduced me to a friend as "my handsome son, who used to be my beautiful daughter" and winked at me. I was flattered, but I said nothing in reply :3
Lore shop closed for good :(
I came out as pansexual to my mum when I was 19, and my friends before that. No one gave a crap, which was excellent.
Coming out as genderqueer has been more of a wild ride; no one is particularly judegmental but just explaining to literally everyone I know what that is can be a bit tedious XD`
I came out as pansexual to my mum when I was 19, and my friends before that. No one gave a crap, which was excellent.
Coming out as genderqueer has been more of a wild ride; no one is particularly judegmental but just explaining to literally everyone I know what that is can be a bit tedious XD`
Oh man, I made a wailing big deal the first time I really came out--so far everyone's really cool with me being in a same-sex relationship (mom was ick at first but she's supportive now!). Nonbinary's another story. They were NOT on board with top surgery (which I actually need for many reasons including gender), so...that's a long road. :(

I only truly get iffy with some of mom's friends. One of them I used to really look up to got drunk and started spouting a lot of transphobic/homophobic remarks...I couldn't really feel comfortable around her after that.
Oh man, I made a wailing big deal the first time I really came out--so far everyone's really cool with me being in a same-sex relationship (mom was ick at first but she's supportive now!). Nonbinary's another story. They were NOT on board with top surgery (which I actually need for many reasons including gender), so...that's a long road. :(

I only truly get iffy with some of mom's friends. One of them I used to really look up to got drunk and started spouting a lot of transphobic/homophobic remarks...I couldn't really feel comfortable around her after that.
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
I'm bisexual, and can see myself equally happy with either gender. I suppose I've always felt that way, but only recently recognized it. I have been raised in a religion (that I have no intention of ever leaving) that LGBT+ is not okay, so those feelings are stuck with that. They can only ever be feelings. Only two of my friends know, one who I only can talk to on a screen, I honestly don't know if I could tell my mom. I explained the different sexualities to her one day and her reaction was "Well, I'm straight, and I definitely don't understand anything else!"
So... Yeah. I guess it's a good thing I'd be happy marrying a guy, but it's still a little awkward living with only one friend who knows the truth.
I'm bisexual, and can see myself equally happy with either gender. I suppose I've always felt that way, but only recently recognized it. I have been raised in a religion (that I have no intention of ever leaving) that LGBT+ is not okay, so those feelings are stuck with that. They can only ever be feelings. Only two of my friends know, one who I only can talk to on a screen, I honestly don't know if I could tell my mom. I explained the different sexualities to her one day and her reaction was "Well, I'm straight, and I definitely don't understand anything else!"
So... Yeah. I guess it's a good thing I'd be happy marrying a guy, but it's still a little awkward living with only one friend who knows the truth.
•I no longer play, but that's left of my lair is not for sale•
1 2 3 4