Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Shows you watched when you were little
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Pheonyx oh my god i forgot to mention Little Bill!!

...and dear lord. Caillou. how could we ever forget the little snot.

edit: i forgot to mention Invader Zim,,, how could i have!?
@Pheonyx oh my god i forgot to mention Little Bill!!

...and dear lord. Caillou. how could we ever forget the little snot.

edit: i forgot to mention Invader Zim,,, how could i have!?
T3TuubO.png
ooo yay

there was:
Sesame Street, of course
Pee-wee's Playhouse (i don't think it was on the air at the time, but my parents had a ton of episodes taped & encouraged me to watch them....which is odd, considering how much Pee-wee's Playhouse encouraged obnoxiousness & wasn't actually that educational, lol. )
The Puzzle Place
The Secret City Adventures (I actually had no idea it was called this until just now--I always referred to it as "Commander Mark Show"--it was a fun little drawing program)
Superbook (another one that wasn't actually on the air, but my parents had taped a bunch of it--also probably my first exposure to anime?)
Mr. Rogers
The Big Comfy Couch
Bananas in Pajamas
Zoboomafoo
Arthur
Simpsons (i don't exactly remember how young i was when i started watching simpsons? but i'll put it here anyway. it certainly feels like i must've been pretty young. little me liked it because it was a cartoon, and it was great to start understanding the comedy more and more as i got older.)

i also had a tendency to watch things i actively didn't even like?? but looking back on it, i guess there wasn't much else to do, considering I didn't have access to cable, internet, or game consoles for quite a while. (and i guess i wasn't at the point where i was into reading books yet) anyway, some of the things i hate-watched as a child:
Barney
Bloopy's Buddies
Pappyland (uuuuUUUUGH OH GEEZ. this was like the weird nightmare alternative to Secret City and I think was also more popular for some reason?? another drawing show. it was really kinda neat that they bothered with shows about drawing back then, but....don't make them like pappyland....*shudder* )
Teletubbies (to be fair, i think this was more....disturbed fascination than a true hate-watch?)

slightly older/adolescent me was all about FoxKids & KidsWB though. especially the ill-fated Saban edited version of Escaflowne--i was obsessed with what little of it they even aired, lol
but also batman and pokemon (was secretly having an affair with digimon though, back when you were only allowed to like one or the other)
ooo yay

there was:
Sesame Street, of course
Pee-wee's Playhouse (i don't think it was on the air at the time, but my parents had a ton of episodes taped & encouraged me to watch them....which is odd, considering how much Pee-wee's Playhouse encouraged obnoxiousness & wasn't actually that educational, lol. )
The Puzzle Place
The Secret City Adventures (I actually had no idea it was called this until just now--I always referred to it as "Commander Mark Show"--it was a fun little drawing program)
Superbook (another one that wasn't actually on the air, but my parents had taped a bunch of it--also probably my first exposure to anime?)
Mr. Rogers
The Big Comfy Couch
Bananas in Pajamas
Zoboomafoo
Arthur
Simpsons (i don't exactly remember how young i was when i started watching simpsons? but i'll put it here anyway. it certainly feels like i must've been pretty young. little me liked it because it was a cartoon, and it was great to start understanding the comedy more and more as i got older.)

i also had a tendency to watch things i actively didn't even like?? but looking back on it, i guess there wasn't much else to do, considering I didn't have access to cable, internet, or game consoles for quite a while. (and i guess i wasn't at the point where i was into reading books yet) anyway, some of the things i hate-watched as a child:
Barney
Bloopy's Buddies
Pappyland (uuuuUUUUGH OH GEEZ. this was like the weird nightmare alternative to Secret City and I think was also more popular for some reason?? another drawing show. it was really kinda neat that they bothered with shows about drawing back then, but....don't make them like pappyland....*shudder* )
Teletubbies (to be fair, i think this was more....disturbed fascination than a true hate-watch?)

slightly older/adolescent me was all about FoxKids & KidsWB though. especially the ill-fated Saban edited version of Escaflowne--i was obsessed with what little of it they even aired, lol
but also batman and pokemon (was secretly having an affair with digimon though, back when you were only allowed to like one or the other)
Inspiration Tumblr
Art-only Tumblr
Chicken Tumblr
deviantArt
FurAffinity
Steam
instagram

Commissions Open! c: 10/10 slots available
Brum was my all time favourite programme when I was about four xD I basically lived off Cbeebies at that point (I think when I was slightly younger than that I was on the computer by myself playing Cbeebies games on the website xD) and BRUM. Big Cook Little Cook, the Fimbles, the Tweenies, um... Balamory my dad would say tobermory instead since i think that's where it's filmed and i'd get so annoyed, Bill And Ben, Postman Pat, Barnaby Bear such thrill when he went to an island near the one i live on, Bob The Builder, Clifford The Big Red Dog, Pingu, Noddy, probably the Teletubbies, I LOVED Fireman Sam

I don't think we had the right TV channels to watch whatever channel Maggie And The Ferocious Beast was on, we just had freeview stuff. I used to get up really early in the morning when I was six or seven and watch Pokemon, Dinosaur King, Krypto the Superdog and Jake Long: American Dragon. Fun fact! Krypto still shows on Cartoonito as far as I know, and I used to watch it on TV when I was, what, 11? Three, four years ago? lmao

I should go back and watch Dinosaur King again, see if it's still as awesome to me as it used to be xD

So my favourites as a little kid were Brum, Fireman Sam and the Fimbles. Brum was amazing, don't question. We were looking after a kid with a green tree fracture in his arm the other day and he was watching Fireman Sam, and to be honest with you I'd probably listen to the theme song on my phone if it was just the instrumental! Or maybe if the lyrics were changed a bit. Maybe it's nostalgia.

Edit: Barney and LazyTown. oh my god
Brum was my all time favourite programme when I was about four xD I basically lived off Cbeebies at that point (I think when I was slightly younger than that I was on the computer by myself playing Cbeebies games on the website xD) and BRUM. Big Cook Little Cook, the Fimbles, the Tweenies, um... Balamory my dad would say tobermory instead since i think that's where it's filmed and i'd get so annoyed, Bill And Ben, Postman Pat, Barnaby Bear such thrill when he went to an island near the one i live on, Bob The Builder, Clifford The Big Red Dog, Pingu, Noddy, probably the Teletubbies, I LOVED Fireman Sam

I don't think we had the right TV channels to watch whatever channel Maggie And The Ferocious Beast was on, we just had freeview stuff. I used to get up really early in the morning when I was six or seven and watch Pokemon, Dinosaur King, Krypto the Superdog and Jake Long: American Dragon. Fun fact! Krypto still shows on Cartoonito as far as I know, and I used to watch it on TV when I was, what, 11? Three, four years ago? lmao

I should go back and watch Dinosaur King again, see if it's still as awesome to me as it used to be xD

So my favourites as a little kid were Brum, Fireman Sam and the Fimbles. Brum was amazing, don't question. We were looking after a kid with a green tree fracture in his arm the other day and he was watching Fireman Sam, and to be honest with you I'd probably listen to the theme song on my phone if it was just the instrumental! Or maybe if the lyrics were changed a bit. Maybe it's nostalgia.

Edit: Barney and LazyTown. oh my god
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
no one's mentioned Tom & Jerry? i'm disappointed. that show was my whole childhood.

i don't feel like listing the rest since they've been mentioned already (and i'm tired). when there weren't any good cartoons on i switched to animal planet and watched Steve Irwin, some other guy i can't remember the name of, Most Extreme, bunch of dog shows, and Funniest Animal Videos.
no one's mentioned Tom & Jerry? i'm disappointed. that show was my whole childhood.

i don't feel like listing the rest since they've been mentioned already (and i'm tired). when there weren't any good cartoons on i switched to animal planet and watched Steve Irwin, some other guy i can't remember the name of, Most Extreme, bunch of dog shows, and Funniest Animal Videos.
dragon tales was my jam

i did not have tv past the age of 4
dragon tales was my jam

i did not have tv past the age of 4
13ee4657328d39e8dd08554c4b0bec370d00a6b7.png
@dragoncrystal OMG someone else who watched Pucca and Yin Yang Yo! Those were the best~
In addition to those two, for me there was also:
Robotboy
American Dragon: Jake Long (well, I guess I wasn't that little but I didn't really watch TV when I was super young)
Chaotic
Kick Buttowski (for a fairly short time until I decided it was kind of dumb)
Hero: 108 (which I didn't actually get super into until season 2 came out years later, but I did watch it)
Digimon
Bakugan (I want to find the original seasons of this, it was pretty great)

I would say Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5, but I don't think I started watching that until a bit later.
@dragoncrystal OMG someone else who watched Pucca and Yin Yang Yo! Those were the best~
In addition to those two, for me there was also:
Robotboy
American Dragon: Jake Long (well, I guess I wasn't that little but I didn't really watch TV when I was super young)
Chaotic
Kick Buttowski (for a fairly short time until I decided it was kind of dumb)
Hero: 108 (which I didn't actually get super into until season 2 came out years later, but I did watch it)
Digimon
Bakugan (I want to find the original seasons of this, it was pretty great)

I would say Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5, but I don't think I started watching that until a bit later.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I watched a LOT of tv. Mostly, it would be the same few shows, but every once in a while I'd venture out into something new. Here were my regular shows:
Elmo
Dora
Teletubbies
Blue's Clues
Barney
Clifford
Mickey
Elmo
Dragon Tales
Thomas the Tank Engine
I watched a LOT of tv. Mostly, it would be the same few shows, but every once in a while I'd venture out into something new. Here were my regular shows:
Elmo
Dora
Teletubbies
Blue's Clues
Barney
Clifford
Mickey
Elmo
Dragon Tales
Thomas the Tank Engine
PMkIcSP.png
@Ivy25bb
I freaking loved sagwa as a kid!
@Ivy25bb
I freaking loved sagwa as a kid!
wMXAg3w.png
Those are exactly the shows my niece used to watch as a kid, I could guess your age just from that, OP. XD

I don't remember what I used to watch as a small child. All I remember from when I was really young is the Teletubbies? >_> Brum? Look Outside, with the dog and spotty plane. Spot the dog, Rupert Bear, Kipper. Oh geez nostalgia.
Then when I got older a bunch of other stuff, I lived for CBBC and CITV. :P Too many to list.
Those are exactly the shows my niece used to watch as a kid, I could guess your age just from that, OP. XD

I don't remember what I used to watch as a small child. All I remember from when I was really young is the Teletubbies? >_> Brum? Look Outside, with the dog and spotty plane. Spot the dog, Rupert Bear, Kipper. Oh geez nostalgia.
Then when I got older a bunch of other stuff, I lived for CBBC and CITV. :P Too many to list.
Haha let's see...

• Dragon Tales
  • Blues Clues
  • Zoboomafoo
  • Spongebob
  • Tom and Jerry (I still rewatch this show tbh, it's my jam)
  • Garfield and Friends
  • Rugrats
  • Catdog
  • Catscratch
  • Pokemon

Those are the only ones I remember watching, but I'm sure I've watched a lot more.
Haha let's see...

• Dragon Tales
  • Blues Clues
  • Zoboomafoo
  • Spongebob
  • Tom and Jerry (I still rewatch this show tbh, it's my jam)
  • Garfield and Friends
  • Rugrats
  • Catdog
  • Catscratch
  • Pokemon

Those are the only ones I remember watching, but I'm sure I've watched a lot more.
2e1b2b6a40c76c9dd60265bf19e951ae39f421b6.gifWpjbI2U.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8