Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Shows you watched when you were little
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The ones that had a real impact on me were definitely as follows.

Cardcaptors - if it hadn't been for this show, I'd have never known that anime (or manga) existed.

Megas XLR - featured my first fictional crush, and is still my all-time favorite series.

Transformers: Armada - sure, a poorly dubbed mess of a series, but it was my first experience with the fandom. I've been a fan ever since!

Potatoes & Dragons - introduced me to the impermanence of digital media. That is to say, I've STILL never found it online.

... and that's about it, really.
The ones that had a real impact on me were definitely as follows.

Cardcaptors - if it hadn't been for this show, I'd have never known that anime (or manga) existed.

Megas XLR - featured my first fictional crush, and is still my all-time favorite series.

Transformers: Armada - sure, a poorly dubbed mess of a series, but it was my first experience with the fandom. I've been a fan ever since!

Potatoes & Dragons - introduced me to the impermanence of digital media. That is to say, I've STILL never found it online.

... and that's about it, really.
Exhausted and severely depressed.
barney. nothing but barney. nothing but i love you. you love me. we're a happy family.
barney. nothing but barney. nothing but i love you. you love me. we're a happy family.
mew.png
chan ! she/he
twisted cycle path

art commissions (OPEN)
dragon sales
dressing service

chantric -> chanidae
I watched LazyTown, Blues Clues, Barney, Postman Pat, Bob the Builder (I called it Build the Bobber), Dora the Explorer, Go Diego Go, The Backyardigans, Pingu, Purple and Brown, Teletubbies. I also watched In the Night Garden, but it sort-of scared me? In a calming way? I felt very strange. I used to rent the Pokemon Kanto/Johto region VHSs from the video shop.

There was also this show I watched called The Life on Ben. It was about these claymation germs living on this boy called Ben. I had no idea how unknown it was, that it was from the early '90s, that it didn't last long and that it was from my country until I googled it last year.

Land of the Lost. This one's from the '70s, but my mum bought the box set for us. My sister is still scared of my favourite episodes.
I watched LazyTown, Blues Clues, Barney, Postman Pat, Bob the Builder (I called it Build the Bobber), Dora the Explorer, Go Diego Go, The Backyardigans, Pingu, Purple and Brown, Teletubbies. I also watched In the Night Garden, but it sort-of scared me? In a calming way? I felt very strange. I used to rent the Pokemon Kanto/Johto region VHSs from the video shop.

There was also this show I watched called The Life on Ben. It was about these claymation germs living on this boy called Ben. I had no idea how unknown it was, that it was from the early '90s, that it didn't last long and that it was from my country until I googled it last year.

Land of the Lost. This one's from the '70s, but my mum bought the box set for us. My sister is still scared of my favourite episodes.
cFdHcSd.gif
Pocoyo anyone?
Pocoyo anyone?
Playschool was a big one for me. I love the fact that it's still being shown today- it's such a great show and it's quite entertaining. Thomas the Tank Engine, LazyTown, The Wiggles (TV episodes), Bear and the Big Blue House, Postman Pat, Fireman Sam, Brum, Soupe Opera (honestly, it's not much of a show, but it's really good), Angelina Ballerina, Babar, Planet Cook, Tiny Planets, Bob the Builder... the list goes on. Oh, and Poko! That was one of my favourites.

I've never met anyone else who recalls it, or at least remembers this show, or at least remembers watching it. It's called Magic Mountain. Live-action kids TV show featuring a tortoise, panda, dragon and a lion, and their names were quite literally the animal they were. Here's a little more on it.
Playschool was a big one for me. I love the fact that it's still being shown today- it's such a great show and it's quite entertaining. Thomas the Tank Engine, LazyTown, The Wiggles (TV episodes), Bear and the Big Blue House, Postman Pat, Fireman Sam, Brum, Soupe Opera (honestly, it's not much of a show, but it's really good), Angelina Ballerina, Babar, Planet Cook, Tiny Planets, Bob the Builder... the list goes on. Oh, and Poko! That was one of my favourites.

I've never met anyone else who recalls it, or at least remembers this show, or at least remembers watching it. It's called Magic Mountain. Live-action kids TV show featuring a tortoise, panda, dragon and a lion, and their names were quite literally the animal they were. Here's a little more on it.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
Mr Rogers neighborhood :')
Mr Rogers neighborhood :')
f2u_cow_skull_icon_by_hotdogebuns-da0oc2j.png
Okay, so can I tell you a little something? Earlier today my peeps and I were talking about how Beyblades are stupid. “They’re just dreidels that fight!” I said, right in front of my Jewish friend (who didn’t care). Then lunchtime rolled around, and we went over to this classroom to play Cards Against Humanity. Turns out some people were taking a test in there, so we had to walk the whole way back. To lighten the mood, I started singing the Beyblade: Metal Fusion theme. My buddy @EveningEmerald asked me why I know all the lyrics. I told her that I watched Beyblade in my childhood, which was actually true. I watched it as it came on Cartoon Network with Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Bakugan, and that cool reboot of Thundercats that ended up on Adult Swim.

Beyblade, Beyblade, please just let it live.
Okay, so can I tell you a little something? Earlier today my peeps and I were talking about how Beyblades are stupid. “They’re just dreidels that fight!” I said, right in front of my Jewish friend (who didn’t care). Then lunchtime rolled around, and we went over to this classroom to play Cards Against Humanity. Turns out some people were taking a test in there, so we had to walk the whole way back. To lighten the mood, I started singing the Beyblade: Metal Fusion theme. My buddy @EveningEmerald asked me why I know all the lyrics. I told her that I watched Beyblade in my childhood, which was actually true. I watched it as it came on Cartoon Network with Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Bakugan, and that cool reboot of Thundercats that ended up on Adult Swim.

Beyblade, Beyblade, please just let it live.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
If we're talking specifically kid's shows, then:
Raven (Not That's So Raven) which was essentially a wild looking Scottish dude in a cloak getting kids to fight with faux-medieval weapons.
My Little Pony (Original, though I watch the new ones now)
Street Sharks
Pokemon (Original series)
Biker Mice from Mars
Transformers
Noah's Island (which barely anyone seems to recall)
Animals of Farthing Wood
Silver Brumby (I have these on DVD)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
X Men (I don't remember which series it was)
Trap Door
Roobarb and Custard
Dangermouse
Loads more but... too many to recount haha.
If we're talking specifically kid's shows, then:
Raven (Not That's So Raven) which was essentially a wild looking Scottish dude in a cloak getting kids to fight with faux-medieval weapons.
My Little Pony (Original, though I watch the new ones now)
Street Sharks
Pokemon (Original series)
Biker Mice from Mars
Transformers
Noah's Island (which barely anyone seems to recall)
Animals of Farthing Wood
Silver Brumby (I have these on DVD)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
X Men (I don't remember which series it was)
Trap Door
Roobarb and Custard
Dangermouse
Loads more but... too many to recount haha.
Bear in the Big Blue House and Dragon Tails was my jam
Bear in the Big Blue House and Dragon Tails was my jam
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
Thomas the Tank Engine
Dora the Explorer (and the Diego one)
My Little Pony (original one, I loved those)
Backyardigans
Dinosaur Train
Word Girl
Blue’s Clues
Bob the Builder
Barney
Teletubbies
Oswald
...and a lot more I can’t remember now.
Thomas the Tank Engine
Dora the Explorer (and the Diego one)
My Little Pony (original one, I loved those)
Backyardigans
Dinosaur Train
Word Girl
Blue’s Clues
Bob the Builder
Barney
Teletubbies
Oswald
...and a lot more I can’t remember now.
gYfRVnU.png
rani
• fr+3 (est)