Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Gender Discussion!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@Breathe

If it means anything, I'm actually more traditionally masculine as a female then as a male, and my male identity is somewhat flamboyant and androgynous. =P Traditional gender roles don't have a great deal to do with it.
@Breathe

If it means anything, I'm actually more traditionally masculine as a female then as a male, and my male identity is somewhat flamboyant and androgynous. =P Traditional gender roles don't have a great deal to do with it.
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
I'm non-gendered, but I like looking girly outward. Probably because I love fashion and painting my nails, but everything else I don't really sway one way or the other.
I'm non-gendered, but I like looking girly outward. Probably because I love fashion and painting my nails, but everything else I don't really sway one way or the other.
Michi/Koromo | she/them | +2 FR
K6TNbNL.pngvdGVLiw.pngH7ZHiYt.pngeIe2Cpu.pngLrK9u2q.png
@Lesley
Then what do the labels do at all?
I really don't see the point, besides it just being a different way to be called.
If that's the case? wouldn't it be a better idea to do away with gender identity in all and it just be "identity"?

EDIT: Especially upon reading most of these post; the gender identity seems based on personality that people are linking to a stereotype of the gender they identify with. I really don't understand what the point is.
@Lesley
Then what do the labels do at all?
I really don't see the point, besides it just being a different way to be called.
If that's the case? wouldn't it be a better idea to do away with gender identity in all and it just be "identity"?

EDIT: Especially upon reading most of these post; the gender identity seems based on personality that people are linking to a stereotype of the gender they identify with. I really don't understand what the point is.
tiny-mocha.png

hi, i'm breathe. (´• ω •`) «
you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
[tool] breeding predictor & matchmaker «
@Breathe

That would be the greatest thing ever, except the rest of the world doesn't work that way yet. I hope someday in the future humans evolve past the need for labels, but in current times we need them because sometimes they're the only way to clarify ourselves to people who are against us.
@Breathe

That would be the greatest thing ever, except the rest of the world doesn't work that way yet. I hope someday in the future humans evolve past the need for labels, but in current times we need them because sometimes they're the only way to clarify ourselves to people who are against us.
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
@Downfall
Is it safe for you to talk to them about it?
If yes, you could write a letter incase u don't want to confront them directly or get help from a therapist for example. Its good to have facts to back it up with, that all that gender stuff is bs, incase u think that might help.
But sometime people have a hard time accepting these kinds of things sadly. try to surround yourself with people who respect your identity and pronouns!
@Downfall
Is it safe for you to talk to them about it?
If yes, you could write a letter incase u don't want to confront them directly or get help from a therapist for example. Its good to have facts to back it up with, that all that gender stuff is bs, incase u think that might help.
But sometime people have a hard time accepting these kinds of things sadly. try to surround yourself with people who respect your identity and pronouns!
@Lesley
This again makes little sense, since you're using exactly what is confining you for it. If anything, you're just supporting and confirming that gender stereotypes are necessary for identification and that they hold value. Which seems to be the exact opposite of what you're implying, which from what I understand (and also believe), is that that sex and gender (the characteristics that go along with sex) are undefined.
@Lesley
This again makes little sense, since you're using exactly what is confining you for it. If anything, you're just supporting and confirming that gender stereotypes are necessary for identification and that they hold value. Which seems to be the exact opposite of what you're implying, which from what I understand (and also believe), is that that sex and gender (the characteristics that go along with sex) are undefined.
tiny-mocha.png

you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
@Lesley
In other words, I support what you're trying to get across but these efforts are misleading and seem futile and well, not beneficial to the cause.
@Lesley
In other words, I support what you're trying to get across but these efforts are misleading and seem futile and well, not beneficial to the cause.
tiny-mocha.png

you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
Edit: removed everything. No longer feel comfortable in this thread after what OP's been doing elsewhere.
Edit: removed everything. No longer feel comfortable in this thread after what OP's been doing elsewhere.
B6ve782.gif
Transmasculine. Never felt nor dressed feminine if I could even before I knew what it meant. I don't really have any good advice though, sorry.
Transmasculine. Never felt nor dressed feminine if I could even before I knew what it meant. I don't really have any good advice though, sorry.
pYCN2Ek.png
I consider myself both. Usually for a stretch of time I will only feel as if I am one gender and not the other, then perhaps on the flip of some switch it reverses. Very rarely am I stuck in a grey middle of androgyny; it's usually a stark thing for me. I've been feeling like a girl for the past two months, where before for about seven I identified as male. Despite what gender I identify with at the time however, I always feel okay with both male and female pronouns.
I consider myself both. Usually for a stretch of time I will only feel as if I am one gender and not the other, then perhaps on the flip of some switch it reverses. Very rarely am I stuck in a grey middle of androgyny; it's usually a stark thing for me. I've been feeling like a girl for the past two months, where before for about seven I identified as male. Despite what gender I identify with at the time however, I always feel okay with both male and female pronouns.
PAfw65w.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15