Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Gender Discussion!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
So I was wondering what gender do you guys identify as?
When I was younger I used to think of myself as a they, but as time progressed I realized I am more than that. I like to think of myself as an entity that changes, therefore sometimes I am a he, sometimes I am a she and at very rare occasions I identify myself as an it.

Anyway I been wanting to speak to my parents about this as its been on my mind for a long time and I was hoping you have some advice on how to make them accept me for who I am?
Serious comments only.

Title edited for all caps by @JCStitches in accordance with the Forum Code of Conduct.
So I was wondering what gender do you guys identify as?
When I was younger I used to think of myself as a they, but as time progressed I realized I am more than that. I like to think of myself as an entity that changes, therefore sometimes I am a he, sometimes I am a she and at very rare occasions I identify myself as an it.

Anyway I been wanting to speak to my parents about this as its been on my mind for a long time and I was hoping you have some advice on how to make them accept me for who I am?
Serious comments only.

Title edited for all caps by @JCStitches in accordance with the Forum Code of Conduct.
I'm a thing. That's it XD I use female pronouns because that's just easier in the Hick place I live in. But yeah, I guess I'm gender fluid
I'm a thing. That's it XD I use female pronouns because that's just easier in the Hick place I live in. But yeah, I guess I'm gender fluid
Yeah, bro

Just call me the Crazy Dog Momma

Cats and sloths are the spawn Satan

Lona The Watchamacallit
@downfall I was born male and lived that way for most of my life. The whole time though I never felt like a "guy", but i didn't feel like a girl so I knew i wasn't trans. It wasn't until this year that I realized gender neutral was a thing, and the more I thought about it the more I realized it fit me.
So I've started growing my hair out, keeping my legs and face shaven and (since I moved to a new state) have been living as a "they"
As for speaking to your parents... I have no advice on that because I haven't told mine. I live far away and don't have much interaction with them so I saw no point to it.
@downfall I was born male and lived that way for most of my life. The whole time though I never felt like a "guy", but i didn't feel like a girl so I knew i wasn't trans. It wasn't until this year that I realized gender neutral was a thing, and the more I thought about it the more I realized it fit me.
So I've started growing my hair out, keeping my legs and face shaven and (since I moved to a new state) have been living as a "they"
As for speaking to your parents... I have no advice on that because I haven't told mine. I live far away and don't have much interaction with them so I saw no point to it.
S9GIMwM.pngyKp0KRf.png8Wxihjh.gif
I'm nonbinary (possibly Agender? Still kinda figuring it out) and use they/them. Some people close to me are still allowed to use She/Her for me but have agreed to start using the correct pronouns by the end of this school year :0
I'm nonbinary (possibly Agender? Still kinda figuring it out) and use they/them. Some people close to me are still allowed to use She/Her for me but have agreed to start using the correct pronouns by the end of this school year :0
Snail | They/Them | 0+ FR time
I'm a guy.

I was born a male, so I am a male.

That's about it, really.
I'm a guy.

I was born a male, so I am a male.

That's about it, really.
3xgPfeK.png
I consider myself nonbinary, but everybody in the real world identify me as female, since I haven't really said anything.
I consider myself nonbinary, but everybody in the real world identify me as female, since I haven't really said anything.
MUYNhfy.png
QRVupBA.png ACOZFAh.png hh5n4WA.png

tumblr_p14ugnvISB1v0ohcpo1_500.gif
@Downfall My honest advice is that you cannot make them accept you for who you are, and to not go into it with that expectation because it is unfortunately really likely you will be let down if you do. This is coming from personal experience. I'm a trans guy and came out to my parents a few months ago. But I'd just say, when you talk to them, make it clear that you are telling them because you care about them and want to be honest about who you are, but also be firm in the fact that if they don't accept you, that's not going to change who you are. That's not a rejection, it's just a fact, but they might not understand this or take it that way if they are anything like my parents were. Don't do it with the intention of making them understand, because that kind of thing usually takes a lot of time, it very rarely happens all at once no matter how much we might want it to. Go into it because it's something you need to do, for whatever reason, whether it's because you are tired of not being totally honest with everyone (this was a big factor for me), because you care about your parents and want to be open with them, or whatever it is for you personally. Also, be prepared for it to suck. Because, it's probably gonna suck. You'll most likely feel a lot of relief once it's off your chest though.
@Downfall My honest advice is that you cannot make them accept you for who you are, and to not go into it with that expectation because it is unfortunately really likely you will be let down if you do. This is coming from personal experience. I'm a trans guy and came out to my parents a few months ago. But I'd just say, when you talk to them, make it clear that you are telling them because you care about them and want to be honest about who you are, but also be firm in the fact that if they don't accept you, that's not going to change who you are. That's not a rejection, it's just a fact, but they might not understand this or take it that way if they are anything like my parents were. Don't do it with the intention of making them understand, because that kind of thing usually takes a lot of time, it very rarely happens all at once no matter how much we might want it to. Go into it because it's something you need to do, for whatever reason, whether it's because you are tired of not being totally honest with everyone (this was a big factor for me), because you care about your parents and want to be open with them, or whatever it is for you personally. Also, be prepared for it to suck. Because, it's probably gonna suck. You'll most likely feel a lot of relief once it's off your chest though.
I currently identify as a demigirl but recently I've been thinking I might be bigender. I use both they/them and she/her pronouns because even though I prefer they/them I'm so used to she/her (as i was assigned female at birth) it doesn't bother me at all.
I currently identify as a demigirl but recently I've been thinking I might be bigender. I use both they/them and she/her pronouns because even though I prefer they/them I'm so used to she/her (as i was assigned female at birth) it doesn't bother me at all.
_free__barn_owl_icon__by_mewdeer-d89i8g7.png fox_by_cthulhuko-d7fszcp.gif 15856194.png
Trans male, at least I think. My gender's kinda weird.
Trans male, at least I think. My gender's kinda weird.
VHFsfxu.gif
I'm assigned female at birth, and generally portray myself as female, but I identify as agender and plan to start the process of coming out here pretty soon. super nervous about it though. I have decently liberal parents and friends, but my other relatives are pretty conservative, so I'm going to hold off on completely coming out for probably a couple years at least.
I'm assigned female at birth, and generally portray myself as female, but I identify as agender and plan to start the process of coming out here pretty soon. super nervous about it though. I have decently liberal parents and friends, but my other relatives are pretty conservative, so I'm going to hold off on completely coming out for probably a couple years at least.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15