Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | FR College and College-Age Chat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
I'm a history major at the University of Colorado at Boulder. I study primarily Victorian London, with a sideline in Cold War America, and I'm interested in both medical and food history. Aaaand right now I'm using FR to take a break from researching a 10 - 15 page paper on virology.

As far as "being 21 and using a petsite" goes, I have no guilt. It helps me relax and is way cheaper/less dangerous than drinking. Being able to chill sometimes and focus on nothing more complex than what apparel to put on my dragons helps me work better.
I'm a history major at the University of Colorado at Boulder. I study primarily Victorian London, with a sideline in Cold War America, and I'm interested in both medical and food history. Aaaand right now I'm using FR to take a break from researching a 10 - 15 page paper on virology.

As far as "being 21 and using a petsite" goes, I have no guilt. It helps me relax and is way cheaper/less dangerous than drinking. Being able to chill sometimes and focus on nothing more complex than what apparel to put on my dragons helps me work better.
ZM3TQUN.png
@Clarinetosaurus I think the method your professor uses is great. You gotta properly understand how an animal acts if you have any hope of being able to handle them correctly and administer medication appropriately (and safely!).

Yup! Forensics is cool stuff and I think ballistics holds more math-based science than many of the other fields. There's also Forensic Accounting but it's more of a back-burner/plan B idea.

@Dev That's awesome that you got to graduate early! I sort of wish I could have for the sake of saving money but, in all fairness, I sometimes enjoy going to school. I just need to figure out what will happen when some of my scholarship funds cease in the next year. :c

@DoctorValentine I know how you feel. I love coming to FR because it's a moment for me to relax and not think about much except my dragons.
@Clarinetosaurus I think the method your professor uses is great. You gotta properly understand how an animal acts if you have any hope of being able to handle them correctly and administer medication appropriately (and safely!).

Yup! Forensics is cool stuff and I think ballistics holds more math-based science than many of the other fields. There's also Forensic Accounting but it's more of a back-burner/plan B idea.

@Dev That's awesome that you got to graduate early! I sort of wish I could have for the sake of saving money but, in all fairness, I sometimes enjoy going to school. I just need to figure out what will happen when some of my scholarship funds cease in the next year. :c

@DoctorValentine I know how you feel. I love coming to FR because it's a moment for me to relax and not think about much except my dragons.
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
Hi all, I'm currently a senior, going for a Bachelors of Fine Arts for Illustration at the New Hampshire Institute of Art! Lovely to meet all the other college goers! :)
Hi all, I'm currently a senior, going for a Bachelors of Fine Arts for Illustration at the New Hampshire Institute of Art! Lovely to meet all the other college goers! :)
STicon.png
LJfZA40.png
OPFWPxg.png
3Atxu83.png
MHHKqsF.png
mlHpBMC.png
J8QoPxT.png
TWSJTng.png
41HYCJP.png
87551422.png imageedit-1-5001644203.png
@digdog

Oh that's awesome! Congrats on your soon graduation ^^ I can't wait to be done with school myself haha I miss working.

Ya, I'll be teaching ESL in Japan ^^ I'm really excited for it. My fiance is doing it this year and I've been able to volunteer and help out with a special program my school does for a few weeks every year when a group of Japanese exchange students come to study English in an immersive environment as well as explore a piece of America. It's so much fun
@digdog

Oh that's awesome! Congrats on your soon graduation ^^ I can't wait to be done with school myself haha I miss working.

Ya, I'll be teaching ESL in Japan ^^ I'm really excited for it. My fiance is doing it this year and I've been able to volunteer and help out with a special program my school does for a few weeks every year when a group of Japanese exchange students come to study English in an immersive environment as well as explore a piece of America. It's so much fun
This thread made my day. All my friends at college tease me about my
dragon breeding site' and 'playing with my dragons'. Pfft, they just don't get how cool it is. ^.^ But I'm a freshman this year.
This thread made my day. All my friends at college tease me about my
dragon breeding site' and 'playing with my dragons'. Pfft, they just don't get how cool it is. ^.^ But I'm a freshman this year.
I am also a college student. You are not alone! I started FR today, and so far it is enjoyable. It was a little embarrassing to play at school, but whatever keeps me sane. I am am sophomore working on a social work degree. So many papers to write.
I am also a college student. You are not alone! I started FR today, and so far it is enjoyable. It was a little embarrassing to play at school, but whatever keeps me sane. I am am sophomore working on a social work degree. So many papers to write.
nZJa3n3.png
I also joined today and have already devoted a fair bit of time/energy/effort trying to talk friends into joining...Anyway, current sophomore, Psych major, neuroscience minor. I was pre-med for about 12 seconds and then realized I'm just not cut out to be a doctor.
I also joined today and have already devoted a fair bit of time/energy/effort trying to talk friends into joining...Anyway, current sophomore, Psych major, neuroscience minor. I was pre-med for about 12 seconds and then realized I'm just not cut out to be a doctor.
244s01t.png
Senior Geology student from upstate NY here o/

I play on this during a lot of my classes, specifically chem and physics. No shame.
Senior Geology student from upstate NY here o/

I play on this during a lot of my classes, specifically chem and physics. No shame.
Cooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.png
I'm currently in my first year of grad school! Going for my MFA in creative writing.
I'm currently in my first year of grad school! Going for my MFA in creative writing.
tumblr_n7rzu5QTOk1tf36f3o1_400.png tumblr
MlmX2Dr.png
I'm currently a freshman at university going for a degree in English with a focus on creative writing.
I'm currently a freshman at university going for a degree in English with a focus on creative writing.
fSKEqvh.pngiZNHxAi.gifEYcGP9d.gif5pu1nFj.png12vRxt6.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23