Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What are your phobias?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Heights and bees/wasps/anything that looks like a bee and stings.
Heights and bees/wasps/anything that looks like a bee and stings.
Arachnophobia, for sure. Even if I see the tiniest little spider, I will be running for the hills.

One time I was eating pizza outside in summer. I turn away to look at something and there was a daddy long legs on my pizza. On. My. Pizza.

Every time my parents catch one, they pretend to throw it at me and I swear to god I would hit them if they didn't have the spider in the tissue.

Cars. Cars driving real close to my parents freak me out, I clutch the door handle if it comes to close.

Why? I've almost been in a []T-bone[] car crash with this old lady that wasn't taking a turn where she was suppose to. I had a heart attack.

Germs are gross. I rub or wash my hands after I touch something that isn't mine or something I have no idea of.
Arachnophobia, for sure. Even if I see the tiniest little spider, I will be running for the hills.

One time I was eating pizza outside in summer. I turn away to look at something and there was a daddy long legs on my pizza. On. My. Pizza.

Every time my parents catch one, they pretend to throw it at me and I swear to god I would hit them if they didn't have the spider in the tissue.

Cars. Cars driving real close to my parents freak me out, I clutch the door handle if it comes to close.

Why? I've almost been in a []T-bone[] car crash with this old lady that wasn't taking a turn where she was suppose to. I had a heart attack.

Germs are gross. I rub or wash my hands after I touch something that isn't mine or something I have no idea of.
MUYNhfy.png
QRVupBA.png ACOZFAh.png hh5n4WA.png

tumblr_p14ugnvISB1v0ohcpo1_500.gif
I'm scared of spiders, the dark, falling, crickets, holes, thunder, having my picture taken, failing, tests, getting surprised, losing my teeth, and a lot more stuff because I'm a hopeless coward xD
I'm scared of spiders, the dark, falling, crickets, holes, thunder, having my picture taken, failing, tests, getting surprised, losing my teeth, and a lot more stuff because I'm a hopeless coward xD
tumblr_ohzxguxZJr1rd7i56o1_500.gif
Doctors. I can't stand being near them or the smell of rubber gloves and rubbing alcohol. Anything that a doctor would wear or smell like or do or whatever. It reminds me of them and I hyperventilate. I do my best to stay healthy so I don't have to go see one but I do need to have dreadful examinations and physicals. I had to have surgery once for fatal reasons and I was TERRIFIED to the max. I understand they are there to help but I'm just scared. Not sure what this is called.

Ironically, I'm in love with a fictional character that happens to be a doctor or well, doctor-like. Haha. So it's frustrating sometimes. \(Θ♡Θ;)/

It actually helps me cope like, love what you fear the most? Makes me stronger. Doesn't always work for everyone so beware. (/u\;)
Doctors. I can't stand being near them or the smell of rubber gloves and rubbing alcohol. Anything that a doctor would wear or smell like or do or whatever. It reminds me of them and I hyperventilate. I do my best to stay healthy so I don't have to go see one but I do need to have dreadful examinations and physicals. I had to have surgery once for fatal reasons and I was TERRIFIED to the max. I understand they are there to help but I'm just scared. Not sure what this is called.

Ironically, I'm in love with a fictional character that happens to be a doctor or well, doctor-like. Haha. So it's frustrating sometimes. \(Θ♡Θ;)/

It actually helps me cope like, love what you fear the most? Makes me stronger. Doesn't always work for everyone so beware. (/u\;)
WATER

I'm okay with swimming pools (I actually love competitive swimming) and glasses of water, but I can't stand oceans, lakes, or rivers. It has gotten a bit better in the past year or so, fortunately.

I also don't like boats. I just feel really insecure when I bob around like a rubber duck.

Oh yeah, and needles. Whenever I smell rubbing alcohol I start to hyperventilate a little and my heart starts to pound a bit.
WATER

I'm okay with swimming pools (I actually love competitive swimming) and glasses of water, but I can't stand oceans, lakes, or rivers. It has gotten a bit better in the past year or so, fortunately.

I also don't like boats. I just feel really insecure when I bob around like a rubber duck.

Oh yeah, and needles. Whenever I smell rubbing alcohol I start to hyperventilate a little and my heart starts to pound a bit.
@Biagio: I'm not scared of 'em, but I hate airplanes too. Especially airplane smells. Eurrgh.

@IgnoredGal: My mom hates germs too. She ducked into another aisle at a grocery store once because someone was coughing in an aisle, if that's any indication of how germophobic she is. XD
@Hanmidown: Sorry about the surgery. :/ I get really anxious around doctors too, probably because I really hate shots. I'd be more worried about the anesthesia stuff, though, since unconsciousness is something I'd hate to have happen to me and I just hate the whole idea of being KO'd and then waking up all groggy and having people look at you...ugh. I have this weird fascination with unconsciousness, but that doesn't mean it's something I'd want to have happen.
@Biagio: I'm not scared of 'em, but I hate airplanes too. Especially airplane smells. Eurrgh.

@IgnoredGal: My mom hates germs too. She ducked into another aisle at a grocery store once because someone was coughing in an aisle, if that's any indication of how germophobic she is. XD
@Hanmidown: Sorry about the surgery. :/ I get really anxious around doctors too, probably because I really hate shots. I'd be more worried about the anesthesia stuff, though, since unconsciousness is something I'd hate to have happen to me and I just hate the whole idea of being KO'd and then waking up all groggy and having people look at you...ugh. I have this weird fascination with unconsciousness, but that doesn't mean it's something I'd want to have happen.
qvTNuJR.pnglogo16_zps302d6ac7.png Utter Phasma Trash
Maybe it's cliche, but I'm severely arachnophobic. Like, to the point of debilitation. Which sucks, because I live in an area that has tons of scorpions.
Maybe it's cliche, but I'm severely arachnophobic. Like, to the point of debilitation. Which sucks, because I live in an area that has tons of scorpions.
Oh boy here we go

-Bodily fluids
To the extend if I even have a mild stomach ache I flat out refuse to leave my home incase something happens. This fear goes into overdrive if it's someone else's bodily fluids.

-Teenages / young people
Especially in groups. Bad experiences throughout school has made me pretty frightened of teenagers. Also meaning I tend to make friends with people older then myself.

-Dentists
I can't even talk about getting my teeth checked before feeling like I'm going to throw up.

-SOME arthropods
Particularly spindly dark or brown spiders and centipedes. And crane flies. I will honestly start crying if any of those are in my room. I'm a big guy afraid of crane flies. :U I'm somewhat okay with fluffy spiders. I would not hold them however.
Maggots are also very bad. I cannot eat rice at all because when I look at it I think I'm eating them.

-Agoraphobia / leaving my home
It's sort of a combination of some of the above I think. I can't leave my home at all most days. I certainly can't leave it on my own. And I CERTAINLY can't ever stay over somewhere overnight.

-Ghosts
I guess this is more 'fear of the unseen' which sorta extends to not sleeping without a light. I'm not afraid of the dark it's self, rather stuff I can't see in it. And ghosts you can't see. Especially polterguiests (probably spelt wrong). Ha. Nope. I had nightmares for weeks after watching paranormal activity 2 once.

How do I get over them? Uh. I don't.
I'm in therapy, lol.
Oh boy here we go

-Bodily fluids
To the extend if I even have a mild stomach ache I flat out refuse to leave my home incase something happens. This fear goes into overdrive if it's someone else's bodily fluids.

-Teenages / young people
Especially in groups. Bad experiences throughout school has made me pretty frightened of teenagers. Also meaning I tend to make friends with people older then myself.

-Dentists
I can't even talk about getting my teeth checked before feeling like I'm going to throw up.

-SOME arthropods
Particularly spindly dark or brown spiders and centipedes. And crane flies. I will honestly start crying if any of those are in my room. I'm a big guy afraid of crane flies. :U I'm somewhat okay with fluffy spiders. I would not hold them however.
Maggots are also very bad. I cannot eat rice at all because when I look at it I think I'm eating them.

-Agoraphobia / leaving my home
It's sort of a combination of some of the above I think. I can't leave my home at all most days. I certainly can't leave it on my own. And I CERTAINLY can't ever stay over somewhere overnight.

-Ghosts
I guess this is more 'fear of the unseen' which sorta extends to not sleeping without a light. I'm not afraid of the dark it's self, rather stuff I can't see in it. And ghosts you can't see. Especially polterguiests (probably spelt wrong). Ha. Nope. I had nightmares for weeks after watching paranormal activity 2 once.

How do I get over them? Uh. I don't.
I'm in therapy, lol.
Okay I have some pretty weird phobias...

- Seaweed. Yes... Seaweed
If I ever encounter seaweed, even if it's only for a split second, I will jump out of my pants and start crying and have a panic attack and... I don't even know why...

- Dolls (and other non-living things that just stare at you)
I. Am. Terrified. Just when they stare and the way the sunlight catches their eyes... It makes me legitimately believe that they are alive and they want to make my life miserable... I just- *shudders* Dolls = no.

- Being alone in the dark
If I'm ever alone in the dark... Trust me... It's best you don't see my reaction... ;_;

And there you have it! My Top 3 Weirdest Phobias :DDDDD
Okay I have some pretty weird phobias...

- Seaweed. Yes... Seaweed
If I ever encounter seaweed, even if it's only for a split second, I will jump out of my pants and start crying and have a panic attack and... I don't even know why...

- Dolls (and other non-living things that just stare at you)
I. Am. Terrified. Just when they stare and the way the sunlight catches their eyes... It makes me legitimately believe that they are alive and they want to make my life miserable... I just- *shudders* Dolls = no.

- Being alone in the dark
If I'm ever alone in the dark... Trust me... It's best you don't see my reaction... ;_;

And there you have it! My Top 3 Weirdest Phobias :DDDDD
15696565.png8798594.png9011012.png11207205.png19453656.png
Losing people I love is my biggest fear. There are very few important people to me in my life and the idea of losing them just... it's too much. I also really fear being alone, which may have something to do with fearing losing the people I love.

My biggest 'bizarre' fears is seeing cats die or dead on screen. I've been petrified of seeing dead cats in TV or film since I saw my own dead cat as a child. Cats are very important creatures to me, so even if I'm well aware it's all fake, it can really get to me sometimes. I once had to walk out of a movie theater because of it.

Other than that, my other fears are all relatively typical. Airplanes (how do they work?!), spiders, the dark. I legit burst into tears if there's a spider anywhere near me. ;-;
Losing people I love is my biggest fear. There are very few important people to me in my life and the idea of losing them just... it's too much. I also really fear being alone, which may have something to do with fearing losing the people I love.

My biggest 'bizarre' fears is seeing cats die or dead on screen. I've been petrified of seeing dead cats in TV or film since I saw my own dead cat as a child. Cats are very important creatures to me, so even if I'm well aware it's all fake, it can really get to me sometimes. I once had to walk out of a movie theater because of it.

Other than that, my other fears are all relatively typical. Airplanes (how do they work?!), spiders, the dark. I legit burst into tears if there's a spider anywhere near me. ;-;
AffiliateBanner.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13