Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What are your phobias?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
anyone out there have any weird or really bad phobias?

i have really bad phobias of both trains and food. i can't stand watching people eat during lunch, so i usually have to go somewhere else during the lunch period >> driving near trains has made me start to hyperventilate before. how do people deal with bad phobias??
anyone out there have any weird or really bad phobias?

i have really bad phobias of both trains and food. i can't stand watching people eat during lunch, so i usually have to go somewhere else during the lunch period >> driving near trains has made me start to hyperventilate before. how do people deal with bad phobias??
I have a SEVERE phobia of maggots, and just in what has gone by of this year i have found them in my food about 3 times
I unfortunately haven't developed a coping mechanism for it, one time i brushed my teeth and did gargles until i was spitting out blood I think i also tried to put hand sanitizer in my mouth,,,,

Can't really think of any other bad phobias i have
used to have a phobia of the dark but it sorta just went away on its own one day? kinda weird
I have a SEVERE phobia of maggots, and just in what has gone by of this year i have found them in my food about 3 times
I unfortunately haven't developed a coping mechanism for it, one time i brushed my teeth and did gargles until i was spitting out blood I think i also tried to put hand sanitizer in my mouth,,,,

Can't really think of any other bad phobias i have
used to have a phobia of the dark but it sorta just went away on its own one day? kinda weird
1602354486423-1.png
@ObiWanKenobi
ugh, i can definitely see why that would be a phobia.

whenever i see train noises or watch them move all i can really do is breathe deeply and cry a lot. i'm not sure exactly why i'm so afraid of them. it makes me so anxious that we live so close to like five sets of tracks
@ObiWanKenobi
ugh, i can definitely see why that would be a phobia.

whenever i see train noises or watch them move all i can really do is breathe deeply and cry a lot. i'm not sure exactly why i'm so afraid of them. it makes me so anxious that we live so close to like five sets of tracks
@jackilantern Man that sounds awful, i totally get it though, i cant even take the subway, there's something about trains and train-like things that's just not right
I feel like i could die at any moment just being near a train
@jackilantern Man that sounds awful, i totally get it though, i cant even take the subway, there's something about trains and train-like things that's just not right
I feel like i could die at any moment just being near a train
1602354486423-1.png
I have really, really bad emetophobia. I won't eat unfamiliar food unless it seems completely safe, I've stopped watching TV, I'm wary about reading novels, and the very prospect of myself or anyone else having a stomach illness makes me panic. I'm a little better now than I used to be- I can read a sentence that mentions it without panicking- but it's still awful.

I'm also coitophobic, mildly androphobic, and horribly afraid of craneflies and gore. 8')
I have really, really bad emetophobia. I won't eat unfamiliar food unless it seems completely safe, I've stopped watching TV, I'm wary about reading novels, and the very prospect of myself or anyone else having a stomach illness makes me panic. I'm a little better now than I used to be- I can read a sentence that mentions it without panicking- but it's still awful.

I'm also coitophobic, mildly androphobic, and horribly afraid of craneflies and gore. 8')
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Spheksophobia. Fear of Wasps.

Bumblebees are fine. Honey bees are fine.

Wasp? Hornet?

I'll be in the next state over.

When I was in elementary school, during the warmer months I would spend recess crying and shrieking and cowering behind the playground observer because the playground just had way too many yellowjackets buzzing around. It was horrendous.

Last summer, I was home alone when a death hornet from the deepest pits of Hell ascended from behind my desk while I was at the computer. It was HUGE. Big as my thumb. It was mean looking and flew right at my face. I had been eating at the time. Dropped my bowl, ran upstairs, locked the door, called my dad. I was nauseous and lost my appetite, I thought I had to throw up. Anxiety, nausea, and general fear are my symptoms.

Dad comes home and thinks I'm just overreacting. I show him the hornet, which is crawling on the wall.

"Holy *bleep* that's a huge *bleeping* bug!"

We were going to catch and release it, but when my dad caught it in a cup, it got MAD. We knew the second we let it go it would turn around and come at us. So my dad threw it like a hand grenade into a sink full of scalding hot water. Then we flushed it for good measure.

I really really hate wasps/hornets.
Spheksophobia. Fear of Wasps.

Bumblebees are fine. Honey bees are fine.

Wasp? Hornet?

I'll be in the next state over.

When I was in elementary school, during the warmer months I would spend recess crying and shrieking and cowering behind the playground observer because the playground just had way too many yellowjackets buzzing around. It was horrendous.

Last summer, I was home alone when a death hornet from the deepest pits of Hell ascended from behind my desk while I was at the computer. It was HUGE. Big as my thumb. It was mean looking and flew right at my face. I had been eating at the time. Dropped my bowl, ran upstairs, locked the door, called my dad. I was nauseous and lost my appetite, I thought I had to throw up. Anxiety, nausea, and general fear are my symptoms.

Dad comes home and thinks I'm just overreacting. I show him the hornet, which is crawling on the wall.

"Holy *bleep* that's a huge *bleeping* bug!"

We were going to catch and release it, but when my dad caught it in a cup, it got MAD. We knew the second we let it go it would turn around and come at us. So my dad threw it like a hand grenade into a sink full of scalding hot water. Then we flushed it for good measure.

I really really hate wasps/hornets.
I have really bad arachnophobia.Even if it's a small spider,I still can't be in the same room with it.I end up freaking out and I won't enter a room where a spider was for a long while.I can't even start the Forest Temple in The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess because of it.What's worse,is that only two people understand how much I hate spiders:my twin sister,mainly because she also has bad arachnophobia,and my boyfriend.My parents call me weak and a child for it.

I'm also afraid of fire bells after my school burned down when I was five.I'm scarred from it,have panic attacks if I hear one,I got a allowance at school so I can leave 5 for so minutes before a fire drill,and no one except for the principals and my sister understand it.My parents say my fear is a "5-year old's fear",and I can't tell them I made that allowance.

I wish my parents would be more understanding about my fears,but they just insult me and make me feel worse about them.
I have really bad arachnophobia.Even if it's a small spider,I still can't be in the same room with it.I end up freaking out and I won't enter a room where a spider was for a long while.I can't even start the Forest Temple in The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess because of it.What's worse,is that only two people understand how much I hate spiders:my twin sister,mainly because she also has bad arachnophobia,and my boyfriend.My parents call me weak and a child for it.

I'm also afraid of fire bells after my school burned down when I was five.I'm scarred from it,have panic attacks if I hear one,I got a allowance at school so I can leave 5 for so minutes before a fire drill,and no one except for the principals and my sister understand it.My parents say my fear is a "5-year old's fear",and I can't tell them I made that allowance.

I wish my parents would be more understanding about my fears,but they just insult me and make me feel worse about them.
"Oh, I don't know, I was really hoping for a huge sign on the wall saying 'Kryx's Legacy Clues Here!'"
7e564164b467c888332847354c0f4875cf273dd1.png
@ObiWanKenobi
exactly. they are just so hulking and ugghhh no :'(

@Ningyo
i feel like anyone who isn't a man has reason to be mildly androphobic >> but yeah, i can understand your emetophobia. we have a family friend who homeschooled her children up until middle school because young kids throw up a lot.

i have a mild fear of birds, but it hasn't gotten any worse or better since i was a kid.
@ObiWanKenobi
exactly. they are just so hulking and ugghhh no :'(

@Ningyo
i feel like anyone who isn't a man has reason to be mildly androphobic >> but yeah, i can understand your emetophobia. we have a family friend who homeschooled her children up until middle school because young kids throw up a lot.

i have a mild fear of birds, but it hasn't gotten any worse or better since i was a kid.
I can relate to that! Agoraphobia in remission here (sorta remission). You know, those hermit people who can't leave the house because the world is a scary, scary place? Though now, I can leave the house and go a lot of difference places with only some moderate anxiety.

Pretty sudden onset when I was 14. Had to be home schooled for the remainder of my education and experienced some god-awful therapy for four years. The panic attacks were the worst. I would have them just at the prospect of leaving my property. (I could go outside, because I lived in the country and there was no chance of interacting with strangers but not actually out 'in public')

Dealing with the phobia itself, like I said, required therapy. I had to establish 'safe zones' within the community and slowly expand them. So much progress, relapse, progress, relapse. And it wasn't so much as trying to 'expose' myself to my fears as trying to understand how irrational they were and talk myself through them. It's like I'm preparing to make a speech in front of a thousand people every time I interact with someone in public. I just have to get myself psyched to do it and understand that being embarrassed or disliked by others is a natural thing and happens to everyone.

But anyway, this is a novel now so I need to close 'er up. I have a college degree and a steady job, now. I also LOVE to shop! :DDD I might occasionally turn tail in the middle of a conversation because I got tongue-tied or someone disagreed with me openly, which is akin to rejection and embarrasses me. No more panic attacks, though!
I can relate to that! Agoraphobia in remission here (sorta remission). You know, those hermit people who can't leave the house because the world is a scary, scary place? Though now, I can leave the house and go a lot of difference places with only some moderate anxiety.

Pretty sudden onset when I was 14. Had to be home schooled for the remainder of my education and experienced some god-awful therapy for four years. The panic attacks were the worst. I would have them just at the prospect of leaving my property. (I could go outside, because I lived in the country and there was no chance of interacting with strangers but not actually out 'in public')

Dealing with the phobia itself, like I said, required therapy. I had to establish 'safe zones' within the community and slowly expand them. So much progress, relapse, progress, relapse. And it wasn't so much as trying to 'expose' myself to my fears as trying to understand how irrational they were and talk myself through them. It's like I'm preparing to make a speech in front of a thousand people every time I interact with someone in public. I just have to get myself psyched to do it and understand that being embarrassed or disliked by others is a natural thing and happens to everyone.

But anyway, this is a novel now so I need to close 'er up. I have a college degree and a steady job, now. I also LOVE to shop! :DDD I might occasionally turn tail in the middle of a conversation because I got tongue-tied or someone disagreed with me openly, which is akin to rejection and embarrasses me. No more panic attacks, though!
Emetophobia is definitely my worst and is the only thing i've had legit anxiety attacks over--even started a thread for it. ^^;

Pedophobia, probably both due to emetophobia (since kids throw up out in the open more often) and the expectation that I'm going to pop out kids just because I'm married. i've never been fond of kids, and my spouse and i are agreed about not having any. so, now i'm just scared of familial rejection since my parents are absolutely nuts about children. :/
it's not as bad as my emetophobia, but bad enough that i've gone out of my way to avoid people who i know have children, or i generally feel incredibly tense if i absolutely have to be around them :/ also something about the noise of kids screaming/crying kinda makes me want to crawl into a little hole and die, i really can't stand it

mild fear of planes (lived really close to NYC during 9/11, so i think that's the root of it), but it's gotten a little better now that i've actually been on one. still dread taking off and landing (nothing physically feels bad about it for me--just the anxiety of what can go wrong), but the middle part is alright, and i do love the view.

also i HATE driving, i guess enough for it to be a phobia? i really don't know how to have a relaxed driving experience...
Emetophobia is definitely my worst and is the only thing i've had legit anxiety attacks over--even started a thread for it. ^^;

Pedophobia, probably both due to emetophobia (since kids throw up out in the open more often) and the expectation that I'm going to pop out kids just because I'm married. i've never been fond of kids, and my spouse and i are agreed about not having any. so, now i'm just scared of familial rejection since my parents are absolutely nuts about children. :/
it's not as bad as my emetophobia, but bad enough that i've gone out of my way to avoid people who i know have children, or i generally feel incredibly tense if i absolutely have to be around them :/ also something about the noise of kids screaming/crying kinda makes me want to crawl into a little hole and die, i really can't stand it

mild fear of planes (lived really close to NYC during 9/11, so i think that's the root of it), but it's gotten a little better now that i've actually been on one. still dread taking off and landing (nothing physically feels bad about it for me--just the anxiety of what can go wrong), but the middle part is alright, and i do love the view.

also i HATE driving, i guess enough for it to be a phobia? i really don't know how to have a relaxed driving experience...
Inspiration Tumblr
Art-only Tumblr
Chicken Tumblr
deviantArt
FurAffinity
Steam
instagram

Commissions Open! c: 10/10 slots available
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13