Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What are your phobias?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
@Kuhli

I feel bad but your story about the hornet made me laugh. xD Just... the way you worded it was hilarious hahaha. I actually had a very similar thing happen to me. I was at my mum's house, she was away with my uncle staying over for a while. I was just sat in my room, on my PC when I heard a REALLY loud buzzing noise... like I thought it was a really, really close helicopter at first. But it was in the house.

So I immediately assumed of course it was a bee or wasp or something. I don't like them anyway, so I was cautious, before I managed to look out my door I heard whatever it was fly past my bedroom door and into the bathroom. So I took one peak around the corner and right as I looked this freaking HORNET FROM HELL crawled out from underneath the blind and on to the window. THIS THING WAS MASSIVE. Like half the size of my hand. Like... if that thing stung me, I'd probably die.

So I immediately SLAMMED my bedroom door, grabbed my mobile phone and called the house phone. Yes, I called my own house phone. xD Uncle picked up, sounded confused when it was me, but because I immediately went THERE'S A DEATH HORNET IN THE BATHROOM I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I heard him laugh and then hang up. I genuinely thought I was stuck he and he wasn't gunna help. ;____; But I heard him coming up the stairs to check it out, all I could think about though was the cats, I was PRAYING that none of them would try to catch this thing.

As soon as he got to the top of the stairs, I heard him yelp at the sheer size of this thing (apparently still on the bathroom window) and then he ran downstairs, grabbed something to attack it with and then came back up. I still don't know how, but somehow he managed to open the bathroom window and get it to fly off. I didn't open my windows for the rest of the summer. I WAS PETRIFIED.
@Kuhli

I feel bad but your story about the hornet made me laugh. xD Just... the way you worded it was hilarious hahaha. I actually had a very similar thing happen to me. I was at my mum's house, she was away with my uncle staying over for a while. I was just sat in my room, on my PC when I heard a REALLY loud buzzing noise... like I thought it was a really, really close helicopter at first. But it was in the house.

So I immediately assumed of course it was a bee or wasp or something. I don't like them anyway, so I was cautious, before I managed to look out my door I heard whatever it was fly past my bedroom door and into the bathroom. So I took one peak around the corner and right as I looked this freaking HORNET FROM HELL crawled out from underneath the blind and on to the window. THIS THING WAS MASSIVE. Like half the size of my hand. Like... if that thing stung me, I'd probably die.

So I immediately SLAMMED my bedroom door, grabbed my mobile phone and called the house phone. Yes, I called my own house phone. xD Uncle picked up, sounded confused when it was me, but because I immediately went THERE'S A DEATH HORNET IN THE BATHROOM I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I heard him laugh and then hang up. I genuinely thought I was stuck he and he wasn't gunna help. ;____; But I heard him coming up the stairs to check it out, all I could think about though was the cats, I was PRAYING that none of them would try to catch this thing.

As soon as he got to the top of the stairs, I heard him yelp at the sheer size of this thing (apparently still on the bathroom window) and then he ran downstairs, grabbed something to attack it with and then came back up. I still don't know how, but somehow he managed to open the bathroom window and get it to fly off. I didn't open my windows for the rest of the summer. I WAS PETRIFIED.
AffiliateBanner.png
The main phobia I have is the dark, which I have to be honest it's sort of nice to see I'm not the only one afraid of it. I always felt weird that I'm 25 years old and terrified of the dark. I mean I even still sleep with a night light that's how bad it tends to be. I blame this awful nightmare I had as a kid that still haunts me.

Also elevators. They terrify me which is awful because I use a wheelchair a majority of the time to get around so they're usually a necessity. I always try to only get in an elevator if I know someone else, even if it's a stranger, will be in one with me. If I have no choice but to be in one alone I'm usually clutching my phone and trying not to hyperventilate.
The main phobia I have is the dark, which I have to be honest it's sort of nice to see I'm not the only one afraid of it. I always felt weird that I'm 25 years old and terrified of the dark. I mean I even still sleep with a night light that's how bad it tends to be. I blame this awful nightmare I had as a kid that still haunts me.

Also elevators. They terrify me which is awful because I use a wheelchair a majority of the time to get around so they're usually a necessity. I always try to only get in an elevator if I know someone else, even if it's a stranger, will be in one with me. If I have no choice but to be in one alone I'm usually clutching my phone and trying not to hyperventilate.
tumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
✦3 hours ahead of FR time✦
d41b9f27a6f27085db14b3a9dc0bd1d5.png

Sea Spiders.

long-neck-reaction.jpg

Nope.
d41b9f27a6f27085db14b3a9dc0bd1d5.png

Sea Spiders.

long-neck-reaction.jpg

Nope.
trUQEsn.png
Arachnophobia, basically if I see a spider I'll be in the other room. I'm a little better than I used to be but yeah, no bueno. It's really not great because I own reptiles and when I go to pick up live food it's in the same room as all the spiders :,)

Trypohobia. I can't even explain this one because if I start thinking about it I'll want to throw up so like google it or somethin

I also have a weird phobia of dolls, specifically baby dolls. I got gifted a doll of a disney character a few years ago and it freaked me out so much I wrapped it in a bag and threw it in my wardrobe under a bunch of stuff lmao. Just something about the faces, eesh
Arachnophobia, basically if I see a spider I'll be in the other room. I'm a little better than I used to be but yeah, no bueno. It's really not great because I own reptiles and when I go to pick up live food it's in the same room as all the spiders :,)

Trypohobia. I can't even explain this one because if I start thinking about it I'll want to throw up so like google it or somethin

I also have a weird phobia of dolls, specifically baby dolls. I got gifted a doll of a disney character a few years ago and it freaked me out so much I wrapped it in a bag and threw it in my wardrobe under a bunch of stuff lmao. Just something about the faces, eesh
tumblr_inline_nk71ajhrKe1qg2i5p.png
Clowns and needles. I dunno why, always have been terrified of both.
Clowns and needles. I dunno why, always have been terrified of both.
jPdGQf9.gif Xub4k1J.png
dEe2UrM.png
LEpJMnn.png
z8s5c34.png
JrEJc4j.png
@lavacookies I've got trypophobia too! I didn't even know if was a real phobia other people had until about a year ago, I thought I was just weird that certain things would freak me out so badly that it'd ruin my whole day or even give me nightmares.
@lavacookies I've got trypophobia too! I didn't even know if was a real phobia other people had until about a year ago, I thought I was just weird that certain things would freak me out so badly that it'd ruin my whole day or even give me nightmares.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro9_250.gif
Fear of Cucumbers.
Fear of Cucumbers.
Really general ones for the most part.
Paranormal stuff, death, blood, gore, heights
And then hummers. Yes, the vehicle.
Really general ones for the most part.
Paranormal stuff, death, blood, gore, heights
And then hummers. Yes, the vehicle.
5RptKHO.png
Trypophobia - fear/disgust for clusters of holes or the repetition of holes. I actually get sick and nauseous if I look at clusters for too long.

Selachophobia - fear of sharks (Great Whites especially)

Because of my fear of Great Whites I've also developed a lot of hydrophobic traits. I even have trouble swimming in a pool.

Also, I have some hypochondria especially towards my heart and blood clots. I have a huge fear of my heart stopping (cardiophobia?) or getting blocked by a blood clot. I've almost fainted just worrying about it once, don't really want to do that again.
Trypophobia - fear/disgust for clusters of holes or the repetition of holes. I actually get sick and nauseous if I look at clusters for too long.

Selachophobia - fear of sharks (Great Whites especially)

Because of my fear of Great Whites I've also developed a lot of hydrophobic traits. I even have trouble swimming in a pool.

Also, I have some hypochondria especially towards my heart and blood clots. I have a huge fear of my heart stopping (cardiophobia?) or getting blocked by a blood clot. I've almost fainted just worrying about it once, don't really want to do that again.
tumblr_inline_njlc8f38oi1r64lqg.png
Teuthiphobia - fear of octopus/squid/cuttlefish.

Can't stand any kind of tentacled creature that even remotely resembles a cephalopod. Giant squid scare the ever lasting frick out of me. Don't even get me STARTED on the kraken. I used to love the taste of calamari, but back when I was 12 I had a bad run-in with murky water and a hug to the leg by sentient black "kelp". Even now, if I spot seaweed on the beach or the water in an estuary looks murky, I feel a moment of hesitation before swimming. Octopi are terrifying blobby goat-eyed contortionists that make me so damn uncomfortable to think about ughughgugh no thanks.

Trypanophobia - fear of needles/syringes/injections.
Nosocomephobia - fear of hospitals.
Tomophobia - fear of surgery.
Fear of organ failure.

I ended up hospitalised twice in my life; the first time for facial surgery(as a toddler I got a really bad lump/infection/internal bruise on my jaw) and the second time for a bladder infection. The bladder infection was probably the worst hospital experience, as my sister was born with a deformed kidney that needed surgical removal. The IV drip I had also made me incredibly uncomfortable.

Meningitophobia - fear of brain disease.
Fear of death by aneurysm.

This is a very personal fear of mine. My dad passed away unexpectedly from a cerebral aneurysm and it's left me with ongoing trauma, as well as a fear of it happening to myself.

I also have arachnophobia and an extreme dislike of cockroaches.
Teuthiphobia - fear of octopus/squid/cuttlefish.

Can't stand any kind of tentacled creature that even remotely resembles a cephalopod. Giant squid scare the ever lasting frick out of me. Don't even get me STARTED on the kraken. I used to love the taste of calamari, but back when I was 12 I had a bad run-in with murky water and a hug to the leg by sentient black "kelp". Even now, if I spot seaweed on the beach or the water in an estuary looks murky, I feel a moment of hesitation before swimming. Octopi are terrifying blobby goat-eyed contortionists that make me so damn uncomfortable to think about ughughgugh no thanks.

Trypanophobia - fear of needles/syringes/injections.
Nosocomephobia - fear of hospitals.
Tomophobia - fear of surgery.
Fear of organ failure.

I ended up hospitalised twice in my life; the first time for facial surgery(as a toddler I got a really bad lump/infection/internal bruise on my jaw) and the second time for a bladder infection. The bladder infection was probably the worst hospital experience, as my sister was born with a deformed kidney that needed surgical removal. The IV drip I had also made me incredibly uncomfortable.

Meningitophobia - fear of brain disease.
Fear of death by aneurysm.

This is a very personal fear of mine. My dad passed away unexpectedly from a cerebral aneurysm and it's left me with ongoing trauma, as well as a fear of it happening to myself.

I also have arachnophobia and an extreme dislike of cockroaches.
Bb9XFYa.png
xrdZoYH.png
pZJYyk4.png
sbmtjDC.png
kncGB4g.gif
suFrgfl.png
l8NOdbs.png
ZwbGqUa.png
ElKYM7J.png
Y7MOfeL.png
GdVZ87H.png
SZfmfRv.png