Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Pokemon shiny hunters out there?
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 28
@Osirilen Oh my gosh! I'm between saying I'm sorry and congratulations xD I'm sorry your Pyroar hasn't shown up, I'm also questing to get one eventually. I hope it comes soon for you!

Tried chain fishing for the first time and got a shiny Remoraid!
@Osirilen Oh my gosh! I'm between saying I'm sorry and congratulations xD I'm sorry your Pyroar hasn't shown up, I'm also questing to get one eventually. I hope it comes soon for you!

Tried chain fishing for the first time and got a shiny Remoraid!
tXKbExw.png
I'm curious and honestly lacking in knowledge,

Does hatching a shiny depend on the parents? Ditto+Pkm or PkmF+PkmM give more shiny? Does the region (eng/fre/ger/ita/jpn/kor/spa) of the pkm matter? Or you're at the RNGs mercy regardless?

I've only just recently beat the Elite 4, gotten the national dex'. I didn't know you could get things to help in shiny hunts. u_u (Game save says 499, but I caught 437 when asking the professor's pc ? I don't understand why there is a difference.)

My first shiny I caught for Pkm Y was a little geodude girl. The previous one was a zubat/goldbat/crobat, but I don't know which gen that was because I didn't play some of the games out and I don't have them anymore.

I just ??? at the whole thing. I'm just interested because the shiny color difference is neat. I never really cared for the gender and nature? Nature is important to some pkm? I just don't knooow.
I'm curious and honestly lacking in knowledge,

Does hatching a shiny depend on the parents? Ditto+Pkm or PkmF+PkmM give more shiny? Does the region (eng/fre/ger/ita/jpn/kor/spa) of the pkm matter? Or you're at the RNGs mercy regardless?

I've only just recently beat the Elite 4, gotten the national dex'. I didn't know you could get things to help in shiny hunts. u_u (Game save says 499, but I caught 437 when asking the professor's pc ? I don't understand why there is a difference.)

My first shiny I caught for Pkm Y was a little geodude girl. The previous one was a zubat/goldbat/crobat, but I don't know which gen that was because I didn't play some of the games out and I don't have them anymore.

I just ??? at the whole thing. I'm just interested because the shiny color difference is neat. I never really cared for the gender and nature? Nature is important to some pkm? I just don't knooow.
tumblr_inline_nawph50IcF1qfvxaz.pngPlague heart, Wind eyestumblr_inline_nawpgprMrP1qfvxaz.png
@Javelin

Parents do not matter (eg. Ditto + Growlithe has same chance as Growlithe + Growlithe), but Region does (So JPN + ENG Pokemon have better chance of shinies than ENG+ENG)

Game save goes by pokemon Seen, Professor goes by pokemon caught. That's why they are different :) If you're looking to shiny hunt, when you complete the pokedex (minus event legendaries), you get an item called the "Shiny Charm" which increases shiny chance.

My first shiny was actually a geodude too :P

Nature is only important if you're looking at battling competitively. If you just want to play to play pokemon, and want shinies for aesthetics, than nature shouldn't matter :)

---

On a side note, I'm currently hunting for a Shiny Tyrunt. Bred ~5 boxes and still nothing x.x I've bred a Shiny Scyther (2nd egg!), a shiny Ralts, and 2 shiny Treecko in the last couple weeks. yay for having luck on my side!
@Javelin

Parents do not matter (eg. Ditto + Growlithe has same chance as Growlithe + Growlithe), but Region does (So JPN + ENG Pokemon have better chance of shinies than ENG+ENG)

Game save goes by pokemon Seen, Professor goes by pokemon caught. That's why they are different :) If you're looking to shiny hunt, when you complete the pokedex (minus event legendaries), you get an item called the "Shiny Charm" which increases shiny chance.

My first shiny was actually a geodude too :P

Nature is only important if you're looking at battling competitively. If you just want to play to play pokemon, and want shinies for aesthetics, than nature shouldn't matter :)

---

On a side note, I'm currently hunting for a Shiny Tyrunt. Bred ~5 boxes and still nothing x.x I've bred a Shiny Scyther (2nd egg!), a shiny Ralts, and 2 shiny Treecko in the last couple weeks. yay for having luck on my side!
k1b.png
@Scy - I figured a lot of eggs was the norm for hatching shinies. Alright, so I guess I'm lucky I got a jpn ditto through wonder trade. (So many wtrades..)

Oooh, Scyther and Scizor are one of my favorites, so I'm jealous? But also going "Neat!"

Yeah, the color difference is the main draw for shiny. I wasn't all that interested, but that was before I saw some of the sprites floating around the web.

So which would I concentrate on, the gave save or the professor's number?
@Scy - I figured a lot of eggs was the norm for hatching shinies. Alright, so I guess I'm lucky I got a jpn ditto through wonder trade. (So many wtrades..)

Oooh, Scyther and Scizor are one of my favorites, so I'm jealous? But also going "Neat!"

Yeah, the color difference is the main draw for shiny. I wasn't all that interested, but that was before I saw some of the sprites floating around the web.

So which would I concentrate on, the gave save or the professor's number?
tumblr_inline_nawph50IcF1qfvxaz.pngPlague heart, Wind eyestumblr_inline_nawpgprMrP1qfvxaz.png
@Javelin

I kind of freaked out when that Scyther popped out. I was breeding for Wonder Trade fodder so I wasn't expecting it. Since Scyther is my favorite pokemon, I was super ecstatic!

When aiming for the Shiny Charm, look at the Professor's number. What matters is the number of pokemon you have caught. I think it's around 690 is the number you're aiming for. The GTS is a nice place to get pokemon you're missing, otherwise I'm sure lots of people around here could help you :)
@Javelin

I kind of freaked out when that Scyther popped out. I was breeding for Wonder Trade fodder so I wasn't expecting it. Since Scyther is my favorite pokemon, I was super ecstatic!

When aiming for the Shiny Charm, look at the Professor's number. What matters is the number of pokemon you have caught. I think it's around 690 is the number you're aiming for. The GTS is a nice place to get pokemon you're missing, otherwise I'm sure lots of people around here could help you :)
k1b.png
@Scy - Alright, remember that.

Haha, GTS. I figured out why I see so many who have the absurd hope of getting 'high value' pkm. The reasonable traders all get traded quickly. So far, I've mainly done evo trades where people asked for the same pkm regardless of gender/level. c:

I'm just 'super late' to working on my game? It feels that way anyway.
@Scy - Alright, remember that.

Haha, GTS. I figured out why I see so many who have the absurd hope of getting 'high value' pkm. The reasonable traders all get traded quickly. So far, I've mainly done evo trades where people asked for the same pkm regardless of gender/level. c:

I'm just 'super late' to working on my game? It feels that way anyway.
@Javelin

What I did is trade breedable but harder to get pokemon for ones that I was missing. I think at the time I used Stantler, but there might be lots of them. Fully evolved pokemon are nice too if you have extras. I feel like as long as you offer reasonably you'll get the basic ones you need. For legends I just started trading legends for legends in a chain (Ie. Latios for a Latias, then that Latias for a Groudon, etc.) until I had them all. Takes a long time, but works after a while :)
@Javelin

What I did is trade breedable but harder to get pokemon for ones that I was missing. I think at the time I used Stantler, but there might be lots of them. Fully evolved pokemon are nice too if you have extras. I feel like as long as you offer reasonably you'll get the basic ones you need. For legends I just started trading legends for legends in a chain (Ie. Latios for a Latias, then that Latias for a Groudon, etc.) until I had them all. Takes a long time, but works after a while :)
k1b.png
@LostUmbreon

I see that ;-; Ugh why are you doing this to meeeee ;_;

@Howlingwolf

Soft reset? ^ ^"
@LostUmbreon

I see that ;-; Ugh why are you doing this to meeeee ;_;

@Howlingwolf

Soft reset? ^ ^"
@Scy - I noticed the search for GTS doesn't include 'quite a few' pkm options. Because I want to trade a Simisage for Simipour then Simisear. Can't since it doesn't give the option to.

So my vague plan of asking for a gen starter while offering another same gen starter wouldn't work. And so on for other similar 'same value'ish trades.

I think I just just consider it very lucky to have those pkm through wonder trading. .-.
@Scy - I noticed the search for GTS doesn't include 'quite a few' pkm options. Because I want to trade a Simisage for Simipour then Simisear. Can't since it doesn't give the option to.

So my vague plan of asking for a gen starter while offering another same gen starter wouldn't work. And so on for other similar 'same value'ish trades.

I think I just just consider it very lucky to have those pkm through wonder trading. .-.
@KiraJacqueline Sorry! XD Soft resting is when you save the game before an encounter (normally done with a legendary) and after going through the cutscene to see if it's shiny, you restart the game. Its basically restarting your game without turning off the system or closing/reopening said game. To do this, you press L+R+Start. There are tons of videos/forums you can look up if you need help. (:
@KiraJacqueline Sorry! XD Soft resting is when you save the game before an encounter (normally done with a legendary) and after going through the cutscene to see if it's shiny, you restart the game. Its basically restarting your game without turning off the system or closing/reopening said game. To do this, you press L+R+Start. There are tons of videos/forums you can look up if you need help. (:
tXKbExw.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 28