Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Grinding/Exalting Guide
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 120 121
@Kiena i just wanted to say that i've been using the single mire trainer build for about a week now and i absolutely LOVE it. thank you so much for this excellent guide!!
@Kiena i just wanted to say that i've been using the single mire trainer build for about a week now and i absolutely LOVE it. thank you so much for this excellent guide!!
@Kiena - So... The Mire pack composition changed. There are some packs like 3x Brilliant Psywurm, 3x Scythe Kamaitachi, 2x Salve + 1x Scythe, and many extra 2-physical and 3-physical packs.

It's looking very bad for the single Mire trainers. I'm gonna have to re-take all my data, I'll let you know how much this affects the time.

[EDIT]: Started keeping track of the new data. At 110 dragons in, I'm looking at roughly a 5 second increase for each lower level. Much more resetting, so bad for people whose arms hurt (me haha) and also for people who take longer to load battles - the avg. times would be worse for them.

Old Mire (spreadsheet with data)

4 - 0:36
5 - 1:09
6 - 1:57
7 - 3:06
10 - 10:04
25 - 3:05:04

Kelp Beds (spreadsheet with data)

4 - 0:55
5 - 1:45
6 - 2:43
7 - 4:14
10 - 12:54
25 - 4:04:18

Link to new Mire time trials

[EDIT2]: NEVERMIND we got new unicorns today so that data set is now retired. We got two new casters, whee! Unfortunately one is as tanky as the Brilliant Psywurm, but it also gives more exp than the regular mobs and since they are both casters we will see how these new packs affect the Mire times. I am not sure!

New sheet again
@Kiena - So... The Mire pack composition changed. There are some packs like 3x Brilliant Psywurm, 3x Scythe Kamaitachi, 2x Salve + 1x Scythe, and many extra 2-physical and 3-physical packs.

It's looking very bad for the single Mire trainers. I'm gonna have to re-take all my data, I'll let you know how much this affects the time.

[EDIT]: Started keeping track of the new data. At 110 dragons in, I'm looking at roughly a 5 second increase for each lower level. Much more resetting, so bad for people whose arms hurt (me haha) and also for people who take longer to load battles - the avg. times would be worse for them.

Old Mire (spreadsheet with data)

4 - 0:36
5 - 1:09
6 - 1:57
7 - 3:06
10 - 10:04
25 - 3:05:04

Kelp Beds (spreadsheet with data)

4 - 0:55
5 - 1:45
6 - 2:43
7 - 4:14
10 - 12:54
25 - 4:04:18

Link to new Mire time trials

[EDIT2]: NEVERMIND we got new unicorns today so that data set is now retired. We got two new casters, whee! Unfortunately one is as tanky as the Brilliant Psywurm, but it also gives more exp than the regular mobs and since they are both casters we will see how these new packs affect the Mire times. I am not sure!

New sheet again
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Kiena Did two hours in the Mire wondering why I was running into any two monster combos and running into weird triples till I heard of update. It is about near impossible to run the build now. OTL The triple physical attackers and lack of doubles to build breath is just horrible.

Edit: the build is working, but it is tough and does require more refreshes and time.
@Kiena Did two hours in the Mire wondering why I was running into any two monster combos and running into weird triples till I heard of update. It is about near impossible to run the build now. OTL The triple physical attackers and lack of doubles to build breath is just horrible.

Edit: the build is working, but it is tough and does require more refreshes and time.
ctZUH5g.png
Is it that the doubles don't exist or they're less frequent now?
Is it that the doubles don't exist or they're less frequent now?
TsVIhAZ.png All I wanna do is 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png
And 2ZVsoOM.png icon_treasure.png icon_gems.png
And take yo money
@Deluxe - They're still there, but there are more trash packs in the way.
@Deluxe - They're still there, but there are more trash packs in the way.
@Sylvandyr Can we guess that a new stat set might help us? I'm not running into any huge problems with my mire single derg build, but then...I just switched from having a shadow derg to an arcane derg, so it might be bias there.

IOW, would sacrificing a point in Agi or Vit or something and putting it in Str help?
@Sylvandyr Can we guess that a new stat set might help us? I'm not running into any huge problems with my mire single derg build, but then...I just switched from having a shadow derg to an arcane derg, so it might be bias there.

IOW, would sacrificing a point in Agi or Vit or something and putting it in Str help?
turlesdragonplushie.pngkahlannightwing.pnghatcherymini.jpgSubbmKc.pngturlesdragonplushie2.png
@kahlannightwing - A new stat build for a solo dragon won't help. I'm considering my two-dragon Mire build though. It's possible it'll be nice for the low levels, but I don't have time to test right now. I'll be pinging anyone interested once I get tests done.

Sacrificing VIT wouldn't buy any useful points of STR due to stacking STR costs. My two-dragon Mire build does use 117 STR to 4-scratch Brilliant Psywurms and the Plague unicorns though. I think that's worthwhile. Having 2 dragons, you can remove the points from QCK.
@kahlannightwing - A new stat build for a solo dragon won't help. I'm considering my two-dragon Mire build though. It's possible it'll be nice for the low levels, but I don't have time to test right now. I'll be pinging anyone interested once I get tests done.

Sacrificing VIT wouldn't buy any useful points of STR due to stacking STR costs. My two-dragon Mire build does use 117 STR to 4-scratch Brilliant Psywurms and the Plague unicorns though. I think that's worthwhile. Having 2 dragons, you can remove the points from QCK.
@Sylvandyr Is a one dragon build in the Mire not recommended at all now? I'm using it and not having too many problems once I get my breath up. (Except for that defunct and stupid Dodge mechanic.)
@Sylvandyr Is a one dragon build in the Mire not recommended at all now? I'm using it and not having too many problems once I get my breath up. (Except for that defunct and stupid Dodge mechanic.)
turlesdragonplushie.pngkahlannightwing.pnghatcherymini.jpgSubbmKc.pngturlesdragonplushie2.png
@kahlannightwing - I think a solo Mire dragon will still do fine for the lower levels. I was really worried at the start when I saw the packs, but I have been doing speed tests and it's only a slight nerf. Nothing anyone but me would complain about. (50+ dragons difference a week... grr...)

I have not tested higher levels so I cannot comment yet, but I intend to do some level 25 tests later.

The reason I want to test my 2-dragon build is because I want to kill the bosses. If you're after speed, you can just flee from the boss.
@kahlannightwing - I think a solo Mire dragon will still do fine for the lower levels. I was really worried at the start when I saw the packs, but I have been doing speed tests and it's only a slight nerf. Nothing anyone but me would complain about. (50+ dragons difference a week... grr...)

I have not tested higher levels so I cannot comment yet, but I intend to do some level 25 tests later.

The reason I want to test my 2-dragon build is because I want to kill the bosses. If you're after speed, you can just flee from the boss.
@Sylvandyr Mind showing off this 117 STR dragon you have?
@Sylvandyr Mind showing off this 117 STR dragon you have?
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 120 121