Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Project/Guide] Familiar Frequency Chart
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Well, if you look at the auction house, certain familiars are very expensive. If supply and demand is anything, it implies that they can't easily be found via the coliseum (nightsky furian, ancient fungus). Who knows, maybe this is intentional.
Well, if you look at the auction house, certain familiars are very expensive. If supply and demand is anything, it implies that they can't easily be found via the coliseum (nightsky furian, ancient fungus). Who knows, maybe this is intentional.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
@Laluzi

I did a bit of grinding in the Scorched Forest, so I'm hoping to contribute by giving you my data.

Monster Fought:
Banded Owlcat - 17
Red-Winged Owlcat - 14
Zeeba - 13
Rambra - 23
Basilisk - 11
Cockatrice - 11
Steam Gyre - 15
Crowned Bonepriest - 14
Deaths-Head Stag - 6
Smoke Gyre - 17
Clown Charger - 4

Familiars Dropped:
Rambra - 1

And I can confirm that Crimson Emperors drop from Crimson Emperors. I've got two, both of them from the Training Fields.
@Laluzi

I did a bit of grinding in the Scorched Forest, so I'm hoping to contribute by giving you my data.

Monster Fought:
Banded Owlcat - 17
Red-Winged Owlcat - 14
Zeeba - 13
Rambra - 23
Basilisk - 11
Cockatrice - 11
Steam Gyre - 15
Crowned Bonepriest - 14
Deaths-Head Stag - 6
Smoke Gyre - 17
Clown Charger - 4

Familiars Dropped:
Rambra - 1

And I can confirm that Crimson Emperors drop from Crimson Emperors. I've got two, both of them from the Training Fields.
@wafflebiscuits Thanks!

Yes, I've gotten enough reports to verify it. It's just rather clear that the drop rate is much lower than other monsters in the area.
@wafflebiscuits Thanks!

Yes, I've gotten enough reports to verify it. It's just rather clear that the drop rate is much lower than other monsters in the area.
XPDxt22.png
I don't seem to be able to get any to drop.
I don't seem to be able to get any to drop.
My contributor images (as well as the deaths-head stag image) seem to have broken. Does anyone know the proper way to do them now?

@ToxicPlasma That's really just bad luck, I'm afraid. You really have to defeat a lot of monsters to get a familiar - even the training grounds and woodland path, which have the highest apparent drop rates, only give familiars about 1 to 2 percent of the time.
My contributor images (as well as the deaths-head stag image) seem to have broken. Does anyone know the proper way to do them now?

@ToxicPlasma That's really just bad luck, I'm afraid. You really have to defeat a lot of monsters to get a familiar - even the training grounds and woodland path, which have the highest apparent drop rates, only give familiars about 1 to 2 percent of the time.
XPDxt22.png
@Laluzi

I've gotten since keeping track is fighting 104, and with one Crimson Emperor.

Have gotten four Emerald Webwings is 98 fights with them.

Got the 3 Ruby Webwings in fighting 125 fights with them.

Would have reported sooner, but I lost track of this thread.
@Laluzi

I've gotten since keeping track is fighting 104, and with one Crimson Emperor.

Have gotten four Emerald Webwings is 98 fights with them.

Got the 3 Ruby Webwings in fighting 125 fights with them.

Would have reported sooner, but I lost track of this thread.
I finally got my first Crimson Emperor yesterday, been trying to get one for months. Crazy. Alas, I didn't know about this thread or I would have kept data. But at least we know they're dropping.
I finally got my first Crimson Emperor yesterday, been trying to get one for months. Crazy. Alas, I didn't know about this thread or I would have kept data. But at least we know they're dropping.
Well it's not as much data cause I didn't have as much time as I would have liked, but here's a run, figured I'd keep track since I'm hunting Familiars anyway.

Woodland Path

Dryad - 14
Autumn Dryad - 14
Crimson Emperor - 6
Death's-head Stag - 2 Familiar - 1
Strangler - 11
Blooming Strangler - 17
Bluefin Charger - 9
Clown Charger - 10
Wildwood Owl - 15
Sakura Owl - 8
Amaranth Moth
Bamboo Phytocat - 19
Leafy Moth - 1
Well it's not as much data cause I didn't have as much time as I would have liked, but here's a run, figured I'd keep track since I'm hunting Familiars anyway.

Woodland Path

Dryad - 14
Autumn Dryad - 14
Crimson Emperor - 6
Death's-head Stag - 2 Familiar - 1
Strangler - 11
Blooming Strangler - 17
Bluefin Charger - 9
Clown Charger - 10
Wildwood Owl - 15
Sakura Owl - 8
Amaranth Moth
Bamboo Phytocat - 19
Leafy Moth - 1
@Maruset Those are uncannily high numbers! You're quite lucky. I'm a little leery about them, but I'll add them.

@Cymas Thank you! I've been fighting in the woodland path too. Easiest place for chests, I think.
@Maruset Those are uncannily high numbers! You're quite lucky. I'm a little leery about them, but I'll add them.

@Cymas Thank you! I've been fighting in the woodland path too. Easiest place for chests, I think.
XPDxt22.png
@Laluzi

I tend to get them in waves. Like I won't get any for weeks, then I get a ton in four or five fights in a row, then a lot more without anything. I think my luck hates me.
@Laluzi

I tend to get them in waves. Like I won't get any for weeks, then I get a ton in four or five fights in a row, then a lot more without anything. I think my luck hates me.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14