Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [R] [Ssheet|Notion] Lair Census + CG!
1 2 3
Hello! I am Baz or TheBasilisk, an on-again off-again Flight Rising player. Back in the day I used to rely heavily upon a spreadsheet created by a player called Blixy, and have kept my own copy of it updated, adding functionality as necessary for my desires. I know that lots of people share their spreadsheets, and I'm not here to step on anyone's toes, but I'm excited to return to FR, and to be learning additional skills along the way. Let me share the fruits of my labor in case some of the features are desired by others. Since returning to Flight Rising again on 06/16/2023 I needed a lot more information than I had available and coordinated it all here as necessary so that I could manipulate it in ways that informed my process. Here's a [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10n-X4SPY4rLaKIKgQxLXaWLwwVH1XHoEcSCLT7pfJnE/edit?usp=sharing]link to my spreadsheet[/url], which links to a [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CwAgSvPozgtTVuKMDM-YxbBe1w_xPdgLOiJwXJkIjlo/edit?usp=sharing]'blank' one[/url] you can copy and edit. [quote][b]Up to date with all Genes, and updated gene naming scheme as of 12/12/2023![/b][/quote] Some Highlights: [LIST] [*]Pivot Tables that auto update the charts so you can see how things change across tabs.[*]See which colors & genes you favor.[*]Easily see Genes not represented in your lair.[*]Create a wishlist that tells you the source of each item, its cost, and the total cost to achieve everything![*]More Functionality to come! [/LIST] [url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/QxC97kqb/FRCensus-1.png[/img][/url] [url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/jd1W4wgr/FRCensus-2.png[/img][/url] [url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/zGRytz6H/FRCensus-3.png[/img][/url] [quote name="TheBasilisk" date="2024-01-01 09:19:17" ][b]New Census Tool[/b] I've been working on an alternate option to Google Sheets to track my census. It loses some visualization enhancements (like native bar and pie charts), but It has the potential to be more robust than Sheets. Presenting a [color=#E934AA][u][b][url=https://lookitsbaz.notion.site/lookitsbaz/Baz-s-Flight-Rising-Census-Template-e709188136b54379a13e015f2d641504]Notion Flight Rising Census Project[/url][/b][/u][/color]. This is just a beta release at this time to potentially get other eyes on it to catch issues or make suggestions. [/quote] PS: If anyone can find Blixy or the forum post which had the original spreadsheet I'd love to give credit for the jumping off point 9 years ago. [center][pinglist=13272][pinglist=13273][pinglist=17350][/center]
Hello! I am Baz or TheBasilisk, an on-again off-again Flight Rising player. Back in the day I used to rely heavily upon a spreadsheet created by a player called Blixy, and have kept my own copy of it updated, adding functionality as necessary for my desires.

I know that lots of people share their spreadsheets, and I'm not here to step on anyone's toes, but I'm excited to return to FR, and to be learning additional skills along the way. Let me share the fruits of my labor in case some of the features are desired by others.

Since returning to Flight Rising again on 06/16/2023 I needed a lot more information than I had available and coordinated it all here as necessary so that I could manipulate it in ways that informed my process.

Here's a link to my spreadsheet, which links to a 'blank' one you can copy and edit.
Quote:
Up to date with all Genes, and updated gene naming scheme as of 12/12/2023!

Some Highlights:
  • Pivot Tables that auto update the charts so you can see how things change across tabs.
  • See which colors & genes you favor.
  • Easily see Genes not represented in your lair.
  • Create a wishlist that tells you the source of each item, its cost, and the total cost to achieve everything!
  • More Functionality to come!

FRCensus-1.png
FRCensus-2.png
FRCensus-3.png
TheBasilisk wrote on 2024-01-01 09:19:17:
New Census Tool
I've been working on an alternate option to Google Sheets to track my census. It loses some visualization enhancements (like native bar and pie charts), but It has the potential to be more robust than Sheets. Presenting a Notion Flight Rising Census Project.

This is just a beta release at this time to potentially get other eyes on it to catch issues or make suggestions.

PS: If anyone can find Blixy or the forum post which had the original spreadsheet I'd love to give credit for the jumping off point 9 years ago.
FCSig.png
oh this is amazing! thank you so much for this epic sheet!
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:
breedable genetics-based rng adopts

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

mogai/lgbt pixel resources
warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

[quote name="naranciag" date="2023-06-23 21:52:56" ] oh this is amazing! thank you so much for this epic sheet! [/quote] Welcome, Hope it helps!
naranciag wrote on 2023-06-23 21:52:56:
Welcome, Hope it helps!
FCSig.png
Do you have an updated version with the new sandsurge breed and genes?
Do you have an updated version with the new sandsurge breed and genes?
arcaneflower.png LJfZA40.png
fdUVIfW.png
wCOCqt3.png
OuP0IWM.png
QQYyU47.png
arcaneflower.png rR3twgq.png
pVrKniy.png
lAvpyOQ.png
Jd88XNq.png
5hF3FGk.png
LohCDcp.png
@Jubertcat73 the version linked has everything released as of the Sandsurge announcement on 07/19 - unfortunately I am on vacation and will not have access to update with the Thundercrack additions until tomorrow at the earliest - be happy to ping you at that time?
@Jubertcat73 the version linked has everything released as of the Sandsurge announcement on 07/19 - unfortunately I am on vacation and will not have access to update with the Thundercrack additions until tomorrow at the earliest - be happy to ping you at that time?
FCSig.png
I managed to find time and access - update has been completed up to and including the Thundercrack genes!

Also discovered that my named ranges had been altered a bit by google so updated those - everything should be working correctly now. Please ping me if you notice something behaving oddly!
I managed to find time and access - update has been completed up to and including the Thundercrack genes!

Also discovered that my named ranges had been altered a bit by google so updated those - everything should be working correctly now. Please ping me if you notice something behaving oddly!
FCSig.png
Can you add me to a pinglist <3 I starred the forum
Can you add me to a pinglist <3 I starred the forum
arcaneflower.png LJfZA40.png
fdUVIfW.png
wCOCqt3.png
OuP0IWM.png
QQYyU47.png
arcaneflower.png rR3twgq.png
pVrKniy.png
lAvpyOQ.png
Jd88XNq.png
5hF3FGk.png
LohCDcp.png
@Lightsbane42 here is the spreadsheet i was telling you about on discord!
@Lightsbane42 here is the spreadsheet i was telling you about on discord!
CtM8cLF.png librariesrpunk
FR +3
aka Ghost
irregular_nekomata.png
07/28/2023 Changes
  • Moved base Scroll Database to separate sheet document to reduce the need to edit two documents when new breed/gene/other scrolls are added.
  • Updated [hidden] Scroll DB tab to import from that new base Scroll Database.
  • Added notation to [hidden] imported Scroll DB tab within each document to indicate that the range will auto update based on the original document.
  • Added notation to [hidden] imported Scroll DB that indicates the sheet must be sorted by Scroll Name column A-Z for core functionality of other tabs. The order of this sheet is dependent upon the new base DB, if you see this sheet in another order, please ping me!
  • Updated Welcome/How-to/FAQ tab to Welcome & More, added Change History, Blank Census imports from personal Census.
  • Added Pinglist to Just Notes tab of 'blank' census workbook.

I believe the best course of action is to make a fresh copy of the base sheet and then copy in your dragons, wishlist, and any other tabs you'd like.

@Jubertcat73

Desired Upcoming Changes: Break the gene scrolls down further in the scroll database to reflect correct rarities for future use*. Secondary Display of color list ordered by number for future use*. Pairing Tab update**.
*Eventually a Breeding Card simulator/code generator.
**Pairing Tab likely to be removed in favor of Breeding Card Sim/Code Generator.

What about you, any functionality or visual representation you'd like to see added?
07/28/2023 Changes
  • Moved base Scroll Database to separate sheet document to reduce the need to edit two documents when new breed/gene/other scrolls are added.
  • Updated [hidden] Scroll DB tab to import from that new base Scroll Database.
  • Added notation to [hidden] imported Scroll DB tab within each document to indicate that the range will auto update based on the original document.
  • Added notation to [hidden] imported Scroll DB that indicates the sheet must be sorted by Scroll Name column A-Z for core functionality of other tabs. The order of this sheet is dependent upon the new base DB, if you see this sheet in another order, please ping me!
  • Updated Welcome/How-to/FAQ tab to Welcome & More, added Change History, Blank Census imports from personal Census.
  • Added Pinglist to Just Notes tab of 'blank' census workbook.

I believe the best course of action is to make a fresh copy of the base sheet and then copy in your dragons, wishlist, and any other tabs you'd like.

@Jubertcat73

Desired Upcoming Changes: Break the gene scrolls down further in the scroll database to reflect correct rarities for future use*. Secondary Display of color list ordered by number for future use*. Pairing Tab update**.
*Eventually a Breeding Card simulator/code generator.
**Pairing Tab likely to be removed in favor of Breeding Card Sim/Code Generator.

What about you, any functionality or visual representation you'd like to see added?
FCSig.png
Updated Scroll Database 08/02/2023
Added Primary Gene: Cinder and Secondary Gene: Blaze as released for all dragons in expansion announced 08/02/2023 - https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3261516

If you already have a copy of the census from 07/28 or after your sheet should remain up to date. If you have an older version I recommend grabbing the updated copy of the base sheet.

Because Cinder and Blaze are now on all ancients I have not yet broken it up into separate listings and Cinder (A), Blaze (A) are currently reflected as the option for all ancients.

Thanks for sticking around!

@Jubertcat73
Updated Scroll Database 08/02/2023
Added Primary Gene: Cinder and Secondary Gene: Blaze as released for all dragons in expansion announced 08/02/2023 - https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3261516

If you already have a copy of the census from 07/28 or after your sheet should remain up to date. If you have an older version I recommend grabbing the updated copy of the base sheet.

Because Cinder and Blaze are now on all ancients I have not yet broken it up into separate listings and Cinder (A), Blaze (A) are currently reflected as the option for all ancients.

Thanks for sticking around!

@Jubertcat73
FCSig.png
1 2 3