Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Bestiary/HibDen/Swipp & Baldwin Trackers
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19
Ah, ok. Let me see what I can do. I might be able to add some conditional formatting to highlight currently needed items only.
Ah, ok. Let me see what I can do. I might be able to add some conditional formatting to highlight currently needed items only.
RB8Ze0o.png
That would be awesome! Of course it's up to you ultimately; I don't know enough about these advanced sheets techniques to know how much work it would require. Again, it's totally amazing what you're doing here. Being able to note down everything I already have for the hibden, see what mats I already have more than enough of and can sell excess, and the amazing suggestions of where to gather/coli farm all in one place is just so incredible.

One thing I'd suggest: Some (though very few) materials appear twice (or possibly more) in the sheet due to being needed for multiple tasks, such as the various ooze items. While it's easy to navigate around when you know this, new players and/or people not used to using spreadsheets may not realize this. For example, they could mark off the mats for the Going Green: Recycling Materials task, and then get rid of the rest of their green goo/ooze/sludge items without realizing that there's other tasks that require them. Mentioning that somewhere would be great.

Also a question: If I change the order of the columns on the Main page, will that break the conditions used to calculate need of materials for the other pages? I moved the Owned column over near the names of the materials while I was filling out my copy of the spreadsheet yesterday in order to be able to easily change the number correctly, and I don't think anything is broken, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, again, thanks so much for listening and maintaining these amazing resources.
That would be awesome! Of course it's up to you ultimately; I don't know enough about these advanced sheets techniques to know how much work it would require. Again, it's totally amazing what you're doing here. Being able to note down everything I already have for the hibden, see what mats I already have more than enough of and can sell excess, and the amazing suggestions of where to gather/coli farm all in one place is just so incredible.

One thing I'd suggest: Some (though very few) materials appear twice (or possibly more) in the sheet due to being needed for multiple tasks, such as the various ooze items. While it's easy to navigate around when you know this, new players and/or people not used to using spreadsheets may not realize this. For example, they could mark off the mats for the Going Green: Recycling Materials task, and then get rid of the rest of their green goo/ooze/sludge items without realizing that there's other tasks that require them. Mentioning that somewhere would be great.

Also a question: If I change the order of the columns on the Main page, will that break the conditions used to calculate need of materials for the other pages? I moved the Owned column over near the names of the materials while I was filling out my copy of the spreadsheet yesterday in order to be able to easily change the number correctly, and I don't think anything is broken, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, again, thanks so much for listening and maintaining these amazing resources.
cSckuMi.png
@gnderneutralnoun
I'm fairly certain the only materials that appear multiple times, and not consecutively, are the transmutation materials- goo, ooze, sludge, etc. I could highlight them or add a note to the cell that says how many total are required, and add a note to the Instructions tab about them.

The order of the columns shouldn't affect the formulae or conditional formatting. If you come across something that breaks, let me know and I'll see if I can't recreate it and fix it.

As for highlighting currently needed items, I had the bolding backwards, items start out bold and revert to non-bold text when you have enough to satisfy the quest line. Part of @Nightsmaiden 's proposed updates include highlighting cells similar to what you're asking for, it shouldn't be too different to account for only the current 10 tasks requirements.

And I'm always open for suggestions! These sheets are ultimately here to make things easier for the players, and I want to make sure they work as best as they can for you all.
@gnderneutralnoun
I'm fairly certain the only materials that appear multiple times, and not consecutively, are the transmutation materials- goo, ooze, sludge, etc. I could highlight them or add a note to the cell that says how many total are required, and add a note to the Instructions tab about them.

The order of the columns shouldn't affect the formulae or conditional formatting. If you come across something that breaks, let me know and I'll see if I can't recreate it and fix it.

As for highlighting currently needed items, I had the bolding backwards, items start out bold and revert to non-bold text when you have enough to satisfy the quest line. Part of @Nightsmaiden 's proposed updates include highlighting cells similar to what you're asking for, it shouldn't be too different to account for only the current 10 tasks requirements.

And I'm always open for suggestions! These sheets are ultimately here to make things easier for the players, and I want to make sure they work as best as they can for you all.
RB8Ze0o.png
could you add me to the hibden update pinglist? thanks for maintaining these, they're rlly helpful :)
could you add me to the hibden update pinglist? thanks for maintaining these, they're rlly helpful :)
07439048a79a7109f086908a9717179d64a1fcbd.png b01c9d8cb099f28c33efbc3427a2a7f8d24272ad.png bc9c8507869f3113339dc451b11e787a3cdce193.png ujEmykl.png
JvUa9ma.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Neutron sure thing!
@Neutron sure thing!
RB8Ze0o.png
[columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72473870][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/724739/72473870_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][center] [emoji=plague rune size=1]Rrrrriot of rrrrot![emoji=aberration love size=1] Babs here may be post-living, but that doesn't mean she has to stop caring for the young at life. She cares for our lairs newest arrivals and hatchlings. Updated the Bestiary with the new holiday familiars. All previous updates have been returned to their normal cell colors. Only the festival updates are [b][color=lawngreen]GREEN[/color][/b] now.[emoji=bestiary size=1][emoji=bestiary size=1] [emoji=birthday cake size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1][/columns] [columns][center] [quote=Rotten to the Core] [emoji=plague rune size=1][emoji=plague rune size=1] @Rockss @Toastedpencils @Bantymom @Princen @Feilimi @Agberts @sleepytiefling @Thechillymittens @TinyLizardsDen @ArcticTale @gnderneutralnoun @AvianAnalyst @FloralFawn[/quote] [nextcol][center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79400356][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/794004/79400356_350.png[/img][/url][/columns] [center][size=5]See y'all for Rockbreaker's Ceremony![emoji=earth rune size=1][/center][/size]
72473870_350.png

Rrrrriot of rrrrot!

Babs here may be post-living, but that doesn't mean she has to stop caring for the young at life. She cares for our lairs newest arrivals and hatchlings.

Updated the Bestiary with the new holiday familiars. All previous updates have been returned to their normal cell colors. Only the festival updates are GREEN now.
79400356_350.png
See y'all for Rockbreaker's Ceremony!
RB8Ze0o.png
Could I be added to the Hibden updates pinglist?
Could I be added to the Hibden updates pinglist?
"they went looking for the gods, and died in lonely places."
Radio | she/it | the megaqueer #1 music lover
EST/+3 FR time
Free L22 Cauldron Rental
Selling ChickenSmoothie pets+items for gems
"so i believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people who do."
Sure thing @Finchsplash!
Sure thing @Finchsplash!
RB8Ze0o.png
Shiny new [emoji=ping size=1]pinglist feature! I'll keep using the manual lists for now until they're sunsetted or everyone that is currently being pinged is subscribed. Until then, here's the links to subscribe to (and sorry for the additional ping as I'm sure everyone is already tired of being notified of all the lists that they're already on): [pinglist=3133] [pinglist=3135] [pinglist=3136] [quote name="Pinglists"] [emoji=subscription update size=1]All updates: @Rockss @Toastedpencils @Bantymom @Princen @Feilimi @Agberts @sleepytiefling @Thechillymittens @TinyLizardsDen @ArcticTale @gnderneutralnoun @AvianAnalyst @FloralFawn @Firebee @LynxLPF @Kianast @Nightsmaiden @Livthraser @Theorys @MadameNova @SkyeWyven @Neutron @Finchsplash @Omosky @oncomingbeige[/quote]
Shiny new pinglist feature! I'll keep using the manual lists for now until they're sunsetted or everyone that is currently being pinged is subscribed. Until then, here's the links to subscribe to (and sorry for the additional ping as I'm sure everyone is already tired of being notified of all the lists that they're already on):

RB8Ze0o.png
@WinterMouse No, you're good. You're the only update I got...the other was a complaint post. x_x
@WinterMouse No, you're good. You're the only update I got...the other was a complaint post. x_x
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19