Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Breeding Matchmaker [UPDATED]
1 2 3
[quote name="Goatherder" date="2021-10-24 13:49:00" ] Ohhhh this looks great! If I ever get VSCode reinstalled I'll have to take a peek at the code and how you've set things up. Speaking of—I'm getting a 404 on the Github page you have linked. It looks like it's trying to direct to the redesign branch rather than the main project, which I can't see. The regular main branch displays as normal when I find that URL, but just a heads up! [/quote] @Goatherder omg you're right duhhh i just fixed it! luckily i only linked to that branch in the thread. ill have to make branches public later
Goatherder wrote on 2021-10-24 13:49:00:
Ohhhh this looks great! If I ever get VSCode reinstalled I'll have to take a peek at the code and how you've set things up. Speaking of—I'm getting a 404 on the Github page you have linked. It looks like it's trying to direct to the redesign branch rather than the main project, which I can't see. The regular main branch displays as normal when I find that URL, but just a heads up!

@Goatherder omg you're right duhhh i just fixed it! luckily i only linked to that branch in the thread. ill have to make branches public later
tiny-mocha.png

hi, i'm breathe. (´• ω •`) «
you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
[tool] breeding predictor & matchmaker «
Fixed the bug with maize and optimized my deployment setup a little bit so I'll be able to push even small changes out much faster!
Fixed the bug with maize and optimized my deployment setup a little bit so I'll be able to push even small changes out much faster!
tiny-mocha.png

you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
@breathe
this is an amazing tool, just what I need for my many breeding projects, but it seems indigo is missing from the color list ^^
@breathe
this is an amazing tool, just what I need for my many breeding projects, but it seems indigo is missing from the color list ^^
OPlWnXV.png
[quote name="oko" date="2021-10-26 19:04:59" ] @breathe this is an amazing tool, just what I need for my many breeding projects, but it seems indigo is missing from the color list ^^ [/quote] @oko Ahh, you're right. I actually did a big overhaul in how color and color data is handled, so there are a few bugs I noticed while just checking that as well. It will be readded tomorrow, and the other bugs (generally on the matchmaker, just a QOL bug) will be fixed by the end of the week! Thank you so much for letting me know!
oko wrote on 2021-10-26 19:04:59:
@breathe
@oko
Ahh, you're right.
I actually did a big overhaul in how color and color data is handled, so there are a few bugs I noticed while just checking that as well. It will be readded tomorrow, and the other bugs (generally on the matchmaker, just a QOL bug) will be fixed by the end of the week!

Thank you so much for letting me know!
tiny-mocha.png

you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
@oko
Indigo has been added! I also triple-checked that I didn't miss any other colors.

You might need to clear the cache to see it (or use a private window) for a little bit. The hosting I'm using loves to "optimize" things by storing them away so a browser doesn't have to fully reload the page each time but that makes changes like this kinnnnnddd of annoying. I'm gonna see how much of it I can turn off.
@oko
Indigo has been added! I also triple-checked that I didn't miss any other colors.

You might need to clear the cache to see it (or use a private window) for a little bit. The hosting I'm using loves to "optimize" things by storing them away so a browser doesn't have to fully reload the page each time but that makes changes like this kinnnnnddd of annoying. I'm gonna see how much of it I can turn off.
tiny-mocha.png

you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
@Breathe

Looks to be working on my end, thanks for fixing that so quickly ^^
@Breathe

Looks to be working on my end, thanks for fixing that so quickly ^^
OPlWnXV.png
This is really, REALLY nice--I don't even do breeding projects but it functions extremely well as a breeding predictor. I wanted to see what the outcome of re-gening one half of one of my pairs was, and the result was quick, easy to understand, and exactly what I needed. I'll keep this tool in mind for the future!
This is really, REALLY nice--I don't even do breeding projects but it functions extremely well as a breeding predictor. I wanted to see what the outcome of re-gening one half of one of my pairs was, and the result was quick, easy to understand, and exactly what I needed. I'll keep this tool in mind for the future!
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
@FliptheFrog
It makes me SO happy to hear this.
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me.
I'm working on another project for most of this month, but hopefully I will be back to this one soon. There's quite a few features left to add.
@FliptheFrog
It makes me SO happy to hear this.
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me.
I'm working on another project for most of this month, but hopefully I will be back to this one soon. There's quite a few features left to add.
tiny-mocha.png

you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
I'm back around to working on this for a bit.
Today I added the feature to remove saved parents from the matchmaking calculator.

Next, I'm going to work on the files I mentioned, for saving outcomes/saved parents/etc. I think the matchmaking calculator in general needs an aesthetic update as well, but for now, I'm going to work on getting all the functionality in then do all the aesthetic upgrades (cross-browser consistency, mobile consistency, darkmode!!) in one big sweep.

After the file system, I have to add Ancient support. Then aesthetic sweep. Then settings. Then mobile compatibility. A redesign may happen in the aesthetic sweep, I'm not sure yet.
I'm back around to working on this for a bit.
Today I added the feature to remove saved parents from the matchmaking calculator.

Next, I'm going to work on the files I mentioned, for saving outcomes/saved parents/etc. I think the matchmaking calculator in general needs an aesthetic update as well, but for now, I'm going to work on getting all the functionality in then do all the aesthetic upgrades (cross-browser consistency, mobile consistency, darkmode!!) in one big sweep.

After the file system, I have to add Ancient support. Then aesthetic sweep. Then settings. Then mobile compatibility. A redesign may happen in the aesthetic sweep, I'm not sure yet.
tiny-mocha.png

you can ping me! «
she/her/hers «
for sale «
This looks amazing! I can definitely see this coming in handy for breeding projects in the future!
This looks amazing! I can definitely see this coming in handy for breeding projects in the future!
1 2 3