Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Dragon Size Guide UPDATED 2022
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[b]The multipliers for dragons already on the first post are potentially outdated. For up to date multipliers look at the original post.[/b] Now that Aberrations have come out I went ahead and used that snake measurer to figure out their multipliers, they are as follows. Permababy multipliers are in the process of being added. Aberration F: 153 Aberration M: 111 Undertide F: 93 Undertide M: 95 Aether F: 139 Aether M: 146 Sandsurge F: 129 Sandsurge M: 123 Auraboa F: 91 Auraboa M: 98 Dusthide F: 172 Dusthide M: 172 Human(joke): 309 PB Aberration: 227 PB Aether: 212 PB Auraboa: 121 PB Banescale: 126 PB Bogsneak: 174 PB Coatl: 194 PB Dusthide: 193 PB Fae: 144 PB Gaoler: 134 PB Guardian: 164 PB Imperial: 140 PB Mirror: 229 PB Nocturne: 166 PB Obelisk: 188 PB Pearlcatcher: 139 PB Ridgeback: 165 PB Sandsurge: 196 PB Skydancer: 199 PB Snapper: 229 PB Spiral: 92 PB Tundra: 154 PB Undertide: 88 PB Veilspun: 167 PB Wildclaw: 206 For those who skipped past or didn't notice the explanation section of the original post, you take the length of the dragon, multiply it by its multiplier, and then change the size of the image to the resulting number. This can most easily be done in an art program, which should have an option to change the size of an image by inputting numbers. Finally, have a size chart of all the hatchlings. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f65623c999a75915ccd6e13e0d136187/ac1c4c681088e375-ad/s2048x3072/43ad89a5810803fc350183aa8f570d7dbcc40b41.png[/img] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/6a20ff087af8602b5fb743029ef740c0/ac1c4c681088e375-04/s2048x3072/823b784b362d44f0ff5f46ac13d70ee806cd3e9b.png[/img]
The multipliers for dragons already on the first post are potentially outdated. For up to date multipliers look at the original post.
Now that Aberrations have come out I went ahead and used that snake measurer to figure out their multipliers, they are as follows. Permababy multipliers are in the process of being added.
Aberration F: 153
Aberration M: 111
Undertide F: 93
Undertide M: 95
Aether F: 139
Aether M: 146
Sandsurge F: 129
Sandsurge M: 123
Auraboa F: 91
Auraboa M: 98
Dusthide F: 172
Dusthide M: 172
Human(joke): 309
PB Aberration: 227
PB Aether: 212
PB Auraboa: 121
PB Banescale: 126
PB Bogsneak: 174
PB Coatl: 194
PB Dusthide: 193
PB Fae: 144
PB Gaoler: 134
PB Guardian: 164
PB Imperial: 140
PB Mirror: 229
PB Nocturne: 166
PB Obelisk: 188
PB Pearlcatcher: 139
PB Ridgeback: 165
PB Sandsurge: 196
PB Skydancer: 199
PB Snapper: 229
PB Spiral: 92
PB Tundra: 154
PB Undertide: 88
PB Veilspun: 167
PB Wildclaw: 206
For those who skipped past or didn't notice the explanation section of the original post, you take the length of the dragon, multiply it by its multiplier, and then change the size of the image to the resulting number. This can most easily be done in an art program, which should have an option to change the size of an image by inputting numbers.
Finally, have a size chart of all the hatchlings.
43ad89a5810803fc350183aa8f570d7dbcc40b41.png
823b784b362d44f0ff5f46ac13d70ee806cd3e9b.png
GLMwkdE.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
mjtJ868.png
fkWjutW.png
Milk
Gang
Forever
Its not that I didnt read, its that Im still confused with how it works (aka math).

114 (imp M multi) X 8.64 (straight length) = 984.96
145 (noct F multi) X 6.35 (straight length) = 986

if i brought it into a resizer website like resizeimage./net - the two come out looking like the same height.

Its not that I didnt read, its that Im still confused with how it works (aka math).

if i brought it into a resizer website like resizeimage./net - the two come out looking like the same height.

PQznZys.png
[quote name="CO1LD" date="2022-06-02 12:11:37" ] Its not that I didnt read, its that Im still confused with how it works (aka math). 114 (imp M multi) X 8.64 (straight length) = 984.96 145 (noct F multi) X 6.35 (straight length) = 986 if i brought it into a resizer website like resizeimage./net - the two come out looking like the same height. [/quote] That could just be because the imperial you used the length of is extremely small for an imperial. Average imperials are around 25 meters. However, if you tried to use the snake measurer for this, from what I could tell the snake measurer would only be used while figuring out the numbers to put in the list in the original post. In fact, it does appear what you're doing is multiplying the number in the list by the length listed in the snake measurer, resulting in a number close to 1000 instead of the image size. If you were using that, it's not needed when actually figuring out individual dragon sizes. You can just use your dragon's listed length in their profile and multiply by the numbers in the list to get the image size. In short: The whole thing about dividing 1000 by the number given is how you find the species multiplier, for individual dragon lengths you just multiply the species multiplier by the individual dragon's length. (This is genuine advice by the way. I apologize if I appear condescending, I'm actually trying to figure out what might have happened and how to explain it.)
CO1LD wrote on 2022-06-02 12:11:37:

That could just be because the imperial you used the length of is extremely small for an imperial. Average imperials are around 25 meters.

However, if you tried to use the snake measurer for this, from what I could tell the snake measurer would only be used while figuring out the numbers to put in the list in the original post.
In fact, it does appear what you're doing is multiplying the number in the list by the length listed in the snake measurer, resulting in a number close to 1000 instead of the image size.

If you were using that, it's not needed when actually figuring out individual dragon sizes. You can just use your dragon's listed length in their profile and multiply by the numbers in the list to get the image size.

In short:
The whole thing about dividing 1000 by the number given is how you find the species multiplier, for individual dragon lengths you just multiply the species multiplier by the individual dragon's length.

(This is genuine advice by the way. I apologize if I appear condescending, I'm actually trying to figure out what might have happened and how to explain it.)
GLMwkdE.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
mjtJ868.png
fkWjutW.png
Milk
Gang
Forever
@Fenny2

So the length needed would be from the profile of the dragon you have- i seeee..

In that case,
30.01L x 114M = 3421.14 (for IMP M)
5.32L x 145M = 771.4 (for NOCT F)

Now THAT looks like some reasonable numbers XD I was confused for the difference in lengths (the snake- which is only used for finding the multiplier vs the profile).
@Fenny2

So the length needed would be from the profile of the dragon you have- i seeee..

In that case,
30.01L x 114M = 3421.14 (for IMP M)
5.32L x 145M = 771.4 (for NOCT F)

Now THAT looks like some reasonable numbers XD I was confused for the difference in lengths (the snake- which is only used for finding the multiplier vs the profile).
PQznZys.png
@CO1LD
Yep! Glad I could help.
@CO1LD
Yep! Glad I could help.
GLMwkdE.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
mjtJ868.png
fkWjutW.png
Milk
Gang
Forever
Hello, just needed help understanding something.

With resizing the image, is the dragon's length and the species multiplier input as "width x height" for resizing? And if it is, what do you put as width and what do you put as height?

I can't figure out how to resize the image in word/pages/google docs whatever, and online resizers ask for a percentage or a "width x height". Is there a tutorial for resizing? How do you do it?
Hello, just needed help understanding something.

With resizing the image, is the dragon's length and the species multiplier input as "width x height" for resizing? And if it is, what do you put as width and what do you put as height?

I can't figure out how to resize the image in word/pages/google docs whatever, and online resizers ask for a percentage or a "width x height". Is there a tutorial for resizing? How do you do it?
@Zaza144
For resizing, both width and height would be the same number. How you'd obtain this number is multiplying the individual dragon's length by the multiplier in the list, either in the original post or from my message at the top of the page.

If you're asking what to use for resizing, I use FireAlpaca because it's free, and for that it goes Edit>Image Size>Input number. This is also an easy way to compare dragon sizes in one image. Or you could use a resizing site, best one I can think of is Ezgif which has an option at the top to resize an image.
@Zaza144
For resizing, both width and height would be the same number. How you'd obtain this number is multiplying the individual dragon's length by the multiplier in the list, either in the original post or from my message at the top of the page.

If you're asking what to use for resizing, I use FireAlpaca because it's free, and for that it goes Edit>Image Size>Input number. This is also an easy way to compare dragon sizes in one image. Or you could use a resizing site, best one I can think of is Ezgif which has an option at the top to resize an image.
GLMwkdE.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
mjtJ868.png
fkWjutW.png
Milk
Gang
Forever
I've resized the images - thank you very much for your help! - but I can't get them to appear different sizes in a document. How do I scale them correctly so that the heights are visually correct?
I've resized the images - thank you very much for your help! - but I can't get them to appear different sizes in a document. How do I scale them correctly so that the heights are visually correct?
@Zaza144
If I remember correctly, image sizes rarely appear correctly in a document. I’d suggest downloading a free art program, putting each resized image in one image, then save it and put the resulting image in the document.
@Zaza144
If I remember correctly, image sizes rarely appear correctly in a document. I’d suggest downloading a free art program, putting each resized image in one image, then save it and put the resulting image in the document.
GLMwkdE.png
xXXQ8Kz.png
mjtJ868.png
fkWjutW.png
Milk
Gang
Forever
Ok, thank you!
Ok, thank you!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10