Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Color Sets/ Theory Guide (Requests Open)
1 2 3 4 5 6
this is super cool, thank you!
this is super cool, thank you!
FORMERLY UNCLELARRY
The-Dragon-s-Keep-DISCORD.png4o7papi.pngZmmR4dY.pngeofNzwG.png
Could I be on the pinglist?
Could I be on the pinglist?
7568.png
- FR Time +3
- She/Her
@cloneraid added Pastels and Fluorescent links

EDIT: Also added Darks, Muted and Jewels, I don't wanna re-ping for that yet lol
@cloneraid added Pastels and Fluorescent links

EDIT: Also added Darks, Muted and Jewels, I don't wanna re-ping for that yet lol
p9LLFVh.png Wishlist c55Bvd2.png a9TTUxz.gif
@cloneraid

added Summer, Fairycore, Earthen Tones, Personal Favorite Colors

More to come later today :>
@cloneraid

added Summer, Fairycore, Earthen Tones, Personal Favorite Colors

More to come later today :>
I would love to be on the pinglist as well, please! This is amazing, and helps me to understand color theory a little more. Plus all the themed palettes you’ve made do far are so pretty~
I would love to be on the pinglist as well, please! This is amazing, and helps me to understand color theory a little more. Plus all the themed palettes you’ve made do far are so pretty~
DSccKrd.png
@cloneraid @foreverrain

added Ice, Light, Jungle, Kidcore, and others that I haven't kept track of lmao

@cloneraid @foreverrain

added Ice, Light, Jungle, Kidcore, and others that I haven't kept track of lmao

@StellarBlitz quick question, do the palettes you create with the colors include complimentary ones? Like in the winter one, I see colors that are usually associated with the season, but then there are other brighter ones?
@StellarBlitz quick question, do the palettes you create with the colors include complimentary ones? Like in the winter one, I see colors that are usually associated with the season, but then there are other brighter ones?
DSccKrd.png
[quote name="foreverrain" date="2021-04-13 19:35:40" ] @StellarBlitz quick question, do the palettes you create with the colors include complimentary ones? Like in the winter one, I see colors that are usually associated with the season, but then there are other brighter ones? [/quote] In a sense, yeah, but I also use a lotta reference images for the sorts of vibes these themes bring on! And those tend to have a lot of specific motifs in them. For winter, I saw a lotta Christmas, Poinsettias, and Holly berries in my searches, so I decided to add that pop of red into the palette, as well as adding evergreen greens. It really ties it all together as a sort-of split-complimentary/complimentary palette, with reds, greens and light blues. I didn't go into this project necessarily adhering to my own rules... I more just went with my gut on what combos look good, which I think is also a very effective method of making palettes! I just thought I'd give advice on how to make palettes at the start so that other folks could try it for themselves :> So no, not all of my palettes are gonna include complimentary colors right off the bat... they might be more analogous palettes. It really depends.
foreverrain wrote on 2021-04-13 19:35:40:

In a sense, yeah, but I also use a lotta reference images for the sorts of vibes these themes bring on! And those tend to have a lot of specific motifs in them. For winter, I saw a lotta Christmas, Poinsettias, and Holly berries in my searches, so I decided to add that pop of red into the palette, as well as adding evergreen greens. It really ties it all together as a sort-of split-complimentary/complimentary palette, with reds, greens and light blues.

I didn't go into this project necessarily adhering to my own rules... I more just went with my gut on what combos look good, which I think is also a very effective method of making palettes! I just thought I'd give advice on how to make palettes at the start so that other folks could try it for themselves :>

So no, not all of my palettes are gonna include complimentary colors right off the bat... they might be more analogous palettes. It really depends.
[quote name="StellarBlitz" date="2021-04-13 19:41:51" ] [quote name="foreverrain" date="2021-04-13 19:35:40" ] @StellarBlitz quick question, do the palettes you create with the colors include complimentary ones? Like in the winter one, I see colors that are usually associated with the season, but then there are other brighter ones? [/quote] In a sense, yeah, but I also use a lotta reference images for the sorts of vibes these themes bring on! And those tend to have a lot of specific motifs in them. For winter, I saw a lotta Christmas, Poinsettias, and Holly berries in my searches, so I decided to add that pop of red into the palette, as well as adding evergreen greens. It really ties it all together as a sort-of split-complimentary/complimentary palette, with reds, greens and light blues. I didn't go into this project necessarily adhering to my own rules... I more just went with my gut on what combos look good, which I think is also a very effective method of making palettes! I just thought I'd give advice on how to make palettes at the start so that other folks could try it for themselves :> So no, not all of my palettes are gonna include complimentary colors right off the bat... they might be more analogous palettes. It really depends. [/quote] That makes a lotta sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer. They all look great. Color picking isn’t my strong suit so this helps a lot, thanks for the information. I tend to rely on my gut too much, sometimes not ending up with the right color. These will help a lot in the future by narrowing things down for me so thank you! <3
StellarBlitz wrote on 2021-04-13 19:41:51:
foreverrain wrote on 2021-04-13 19:35:40:

In a sense, yeah, but I also use a lotta reference images for the sorts of vibes these themes bring on! And those tend to have a lot of specific motifs in them. For winter, I saw a lotta Christmas, Poinsettias, and Holly berries in my searches, so I decided to add that pop of red into the palette, as well as adding evergreen greens. It really ties it all together as a sort-of split-complimentary/complimentary palette, with reds, greens and light blues.

I didn't go into this project necessarily adhering to my own rules... I more just went with my gut on what combos look good, which I think is also a very effective method of making palettes! I just thought I'd give advice on how to make palettes at the start so that other folks could try it for themselves :>

So no, not all of my palettes are gonna include complimentary colors right off the bat... they might be more analogous palettes. It really depends.

That makes a lotta sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer. They all look great. Color picking isn’t my strong suit so this helps a lot, thanks for the information. I tend to rely on my gut too much, sometimes not ending up with the right color. These will help a lot in the future by narrowing things down for me so thank you! <3
DSccKrd.png
@cloneraid @foreverrain

added Nature, Ice Cream Shop, Sunrise/Sunset, Plague, Shadow, Spooky, Water, Wind, Lightning
@cloneraid @foreverrain

added Nature, Ice Cream Shop, Sunrise/Sunset, Plague, Shadow, Spooky, Water, Wind, Lightning
1 2 3 4 5 6