Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Baldwin's Brew Profit Calculator
1 2 3
@ErthisiaKay

I'd love to be on the pinglist :3

(glad i could make your day better :p)
@ErthisiaKay

I'd love to be on the pinglist :3

(glad i could make your day better :p)
underskrift-geo.png
@ErthisiaKay Hi! I'm really enjoying your work. Your calculator has been greatly helpful! I was wondering if there is a way to make changes to the costs that seem to be fixed. For instance, I'd like to fix the costs for "Imbued sulfur", AH price, but when I try to it says the sheet is protected and you need a password to fix it ;w;
@ErthisiaKay Hi! I'm really enjoying your work. Your calculator has been greatly helpful! I was wondering if there is a way to make changes to the costs that seem to be fixed. For instance, I'd like to fix the costs for "Imbued sulfur", AH price, but when I try to it says the sheet is protected and you need a password to fix it ;w;
wsSDnld.png * LF : Male G1s, Obs XXY, White XXY (Light/Ice/Earth)

* Trading Mycena Cave (MC) PP for Gems/Tr

* Selling/Trading : UMAs, Mats, Apparel.

* LF : BBB Transmuters! 1.4~1.6 g/k tr per transmute

@klee Thank you! Glad you enjoy it. :D With regards to Imbued sulfur being cost-fixed; there are two columns for prices: 'Reduce cost' and 'AH cost' (On the left-most table) For instance (on the left tale): [img]https://i.postimg.cc/3wB3PLKR/Capture.png[/img] The number I've highlighted in yellow is one you can change to reflect the cost of imbued sulfur if you were to buy it on the AH (or, I guess if you wanted to enter custom numbers!) The number to the left of that in yellow is calculated as the absolute minimun price imbued sulfur could be if you reduced and brewed everything yourself. So it's more for math purposes. This is reflected in the righter-most column as such: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/Y9PBHZTp/Capture2.png[/img] So if you wanted to change the AH price of Imbued sulfur, change it in the left column. If you wanted to change the 'Brewed cost' of Imbued sulfur, you'd have to change the 'Reduce cost' of its relative components (1 Blue Goo, 1 Green Ooze, 3 Black Slime, 1 White Slime, 1 Fine alchemical) in the left column. Like so: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/HWQ1KZBC/Capture3.png[/img] (And if you wanted to alter the base prices for the Fine Alchemical Reduction, it's be the same process) Sorry its so complicated! There's just a lot of bits that go into making something like that. (The reason the AH price of imbued sulfur is stored on the left rather than the top right column is just so that all the 'prices you can change' stuff is together and it keeps or my formulae consistent even though it's both a reagent and a recipe =.=) Have a go at playing around with what I've mentioned here and see if that lets you do what you're wanting to? Hope that helps! Do let me know if you need any more pointers. In the meantime, I'll try dig up this sheet and remember my passwords. Oh boy. [emoji=spiral scared size=1]
@klee

Thank you! Glad you enjoy it. :D

With regards to Imbued sulfur being cost-fixed; there are two columns for prices: 'Reduce cost' and 'AH cost' (On the left-most table)

For instance (on the left tale):
Capture.png
The number I've highlighted in yellow is one you can change to reflect the cost of imbued sulfur if you were to buy it on the AH (or, I guess if you wanted to enter custom numbers!)
The number to the left of that in yellow is calculated as the absolute minimun price imbued sulfur could be if you reduced and brewed everything yourself. So it's more for math purposes.

This is reflected in the righter-most column as such:
Capture2.png
So if you wanted to change the AH price of Imbued sulfur, change it in the left column.
If you wanted to change the 'Brewed cost' of Imbued sulfur, you'd have to change the 'Reduce cost' of its relative components (1 Blue Goo, 1 Green Ooze, 3 Black Slime, 1 White Slime, 1 Fine alchemical) in the left column.

Like so:
Capture3.png
(And if you wanted to alter the base prices for the Fine Alchemical Reduction, it's be the same process)

Sorry its so complicated! There's just a lot of bits that go into making something like that. (The reason the AH price of imbued sulfur is stored on the left rather than the top right column is just so that all the 'prices you can change' stuff is together and it keeps or my formulae consistent even though it's both a reagent and a recipe =.=)
Have a go at playing around with what I've mentioned here and see if that lets you do what you're wanting to?

Hope that helps! Do let me know if you need any more pointers.
In the meantime, I'll try dig up this sheet and remember my passwords. Oh boy.
Baldwin Profit Calculator:
[center][size=7][color=goldenrod][u][b]Updates![/b][/u][/color][/center][/size] Thanks to the help of @Neflo, the EK BPC is now an editable sheet ONLINE!! We've reached the modern age! Woo! [center][emoji=tundra star size=2][/center] What does this mean? Well - it means that you can access recipes and updated AH prices added by other users of the sheet! (and vice-versa) Hopefully that'll help prices and new recipes stay up to date. I've also protected functional code bits so it hopefully won't break, but do ping me if you notice anything gone awry. The recipes available atm are a bit bare-bones, but the 'how to use' section shows you how to add more recipes if you so wish. [center] [size=7][size=5][color=goldenrod][font=Monotype Corsiva][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VoEsbZb7o2WAq5xuQp8FbZ8ZfK4wLrALObcAy4Mc_-M/edit?usp=sharing]Link to (new & improved ONLINE) Spreadsheet[/url][/size][/size][/color] If you'd like to be notified of any future updates and changes being made, please let me know & I'll add ye t the pinglist! @cordifolium, @klee
Updates!

Thanks to the help of @Neflo, the EK BPC is now an editable sheet ONLINE!! We've reached the modern age! Woo!
What does this mean? Well - it means that you can access recipes and updated AH prices added by other users of the sheet! (and vice-versa)
Hopefully that'll help prices and new recipes stay up to date. I've also protected functional code bits so it hopefully won't break, but do ping me if you notice anything gone awry.

The recipes available atm are a bit bare-bones, but the 'how to use' section shows you how to add more recipes if you so wish.
Link to (new & improved ONLINE) Spreadsheet

If you'd like to be notified of any future updates and changes being made, please let me know & I'll add ye t the pinglist!

@cordifolium, @klee
Oooh! What a nice update! :D
Oooh! What a nice update! :D
underskrift-geo.png
@ErthisiaKay

I saw this spreadsheet a couple months back when you were first working on it, and it's a really useful tool! Thank you for putting the time into this. ^^
@ErthisiaKay

I saw this spreadsheet a couple months back when you were first working on it, and it's a really useful tool! Thank you for putting the time into this. ^^
badges_02.png
AJ | 27 | FR +3
Badges 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | Persistent | LDCC
REBIRTH.png
@Kodak @cordifolium Thank you both so much! I's so happy that it's been helpful to you both!~ [emoji=pearlcatcher star size=2]
@Kodak @cordifolium

Thank you both so much! I's so happy that it's been helpful to you both!~
@ErthisiaKay

I was thinking - could you add another column called "profit difference" in the "profit calculator" section? :3 it would subtract the two cost from "parts brewed" and "parts bought" (there's always more profit from brewed right? :3)

And I don't know if it would be doable, but it would also be cool with an percentage difference from parts brewed to parts bought :3

Just some ideas, you ofc don't need to add them c:
@ErthisiaKay

I was thinking - could you add another column called "profit difference" in the "profit calculator" section? :3 it would subtract the two cost from "parts brewed" and "parts bought" (there's always more profit from brewed right? :3)

And I don't know if it would be doable, but it would also be cool with an percentage difference from parts brewed to parts bought :3

Just some ideas, you ofc don't need to add them c:
underskrift-geo.png
@ErthisiaKay Sorry for replying so late, that totally answered my question!! Thank you for putting so much effort into your answer with those snapshots and all, it made it so much easier for me to understand! [emoji=guardian love size=1]
@ErthisiaKay Sorry for replying so late, that totally answered my question!! Thank you for putting so much effort into your answer with those snapshots and all, it made it so much easier for me to understand!
wsSDnld.png * LF : Male G1s, Obs XXY, White XXY (Light/Ice/Earth)

* Trading Mycena Cave (MC) PP for Gems/Tr

* Selling/Trading : UMAs, Mats, Apparel.

* LF : BBB Transmuters! 1.4~1.6 g/k tr per transmute

[center][size=7][color=goldenrod]For those that want Extra Math[/size][/color][/center] Ok! So, for a lot of items, there's a huuuge difference between the profit we make selling an item when we brew the components Vs when we buy the components from the AH. This makes sense though - when buying items we are also 'buying' the time and/or levels needed to make it (and fighting demand). That being said, there's no need to only buy or only brew every item in a recipe. Why not buy the ones that don't cut into profit too much, and brew the items which are too pricey to buy? For example: Imbued Sulfur [img]https://i.postimg.cc/x8Pz51G8/Pricedisc.png[/img] Say we sell it at 180,000t. If we brew all the components (at minimum cost but maximum time) we'll make a tidy profit of 169,540t. Nice! But this takes a long time. If we buy all the reagents we make... negative 28,750t. Hm. It's fast but we're losing money. What's causing this huge price discrepancy?? Scrolling all the way to the right: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/SQLCkg04/Data2.png[/img] Looks like if we buy reagent 5, it's worth 94% of the going selling value of imbued sulfur (compared to only 1% if we brew it ourselves!) Hmm! What is Reagent 5? [img]https://i.postimg.cc/kGCSWbbL/Reduce-v-Brew.png[/img] Ah! It's the two Fine Alchemical Reductions...! Super expensive to buy... not very expensive to make (except in time and demand). So! If we wanted to max out time/ cost efficiency, we could buy reagents 1-4 (as they don't eat into our profit much), but brew reagent 5 (as buying it is super pricey!). @Klee @Kodak [b]Update[/b]! Some new columns and what they're for, in case you're interested! @cordifolium (is this what you meant?)
For those that want Extra Math

Ok! So, for a lot of items, there's a huuuge difference between the profit we make selling an item when we brew the components Vs when we buy the components from the AH. This makes sense though - when buying items we are also 'buying' the time and/or levels needed to make it (and fighting demand).

That being said, there's no need to only buy or only brew every item in a recipe.
Why not buy the ones that don't cut into profit too much, and brew the items which are too pricey to buy?

For example: Imbued Sulfur
Pricedisc.png
Say we sell it at 180,000t. If we brew all the components (at minimum cost but maximum time) we'll make a tidy profit of 169,540t. Nice! But this takes a long time.
If we buy all the reagents we make... negative 28,750t. Hm. It's fast but we're losing money. What's causing this huge price discrepancy??

Scrolling all the way to the right:
Data2.png
Looks like if we buy reagent 5, it's worth 94% of the going selling value of imbued sulfur (compared to only 1% if we brew it ourselves!) Hmm!

What is Reagent 5?
Reduce-v-Brew.png
Ah! It's the two Fine Alchemical Reductions...! Super expensive to buy... not very expensive to make (except in time and demand).

So! If we wanted to max out time/ cost efficiency, we could buy reagents 1-4 (as they don't eat into our profit much), but brew reagent 5 (as buying it is super pricey!).

@Klee @Kodak Update! Some new columns and what they're for, in case you're interested!
@cordifolium (is this what you meant?)
1 2 3