Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | The Data-Based Money Making Guide
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25
I 'vs tried to get G&G to click in my brain so many times. I tried YouTube tutorials, written guides, picture guides, everything! I was so so happy to find this guide and finally understand the pattern everyone was talking about.
I 'vs tried to get G&G to click in my brain so many times. I tried YouTube tutorials, written guides, picture guides, everything! I was so so happy to find this guide and finally understand the pattern everyone was talking about.
+2 FR time
he/they
@xXIceWolfXx
Told you you could do it. ;)
@xXIceWolfXx
Told you you could do it. ;)
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
@Paladingineer

sa/lkdjdjjdksaljdlksajlkj
I've been near tearing my hair out trying to get Glimmer and Gloom to work and your guide finally helped me figure it out on Hard mode!!!!!!! I'm still kinda stumped on Very Hard mode (though, your guide got me a lot closer than the others I've read!) and I've still got a ways to go before I can be efficient with it but I'm so happy I was finally able to figure it out because I was feeling super dumb for a while there, lol. Thank you!!!!
@Paladingineer

sa/lkdjdjjdksaljdlksajlkj
I've been near tearing my hair out trying to get Glimmer and Gloom to work and your guide finally helped me figure it out on Hard mode!!!!!!! I'm still kinda stumped on Very Hard mode (though, your guide got me a lot closer than the others I've read!) and I've still got a ways to go before I can be efficient with it but I'm so happy I was finally able to figure it out because I was feeling super dumb for a while there, lol. Thank you!!!!
PJb908Z.png
thank you so much!! after struggling on easy puzzles for agesss, I can now finish a very hard puzzle in under two minutes :DD
thank you so much!! after struggling on easy puzzles for agesss, I can now finish a very hard puzzle in under two minutes :DD
E559-D5-F4-C662-4-D52-8-B3-A-61895-A43-D993.png
[quote name="@BrandonFlowers" date="2019-06-05 23:58:23" ] I've been near tearing my hair out trying to get Glimmer and Gloom to work and your guide finally helped me figure it out on Hard mode!!!!!!! I'm still kinda stumped on Very Hard mode (though, your guide got me a lot closer than the others I've read!) and I've still got a ways to go before I can be efficient with it but I'm so happy I was finally able to figure it out because I was feeling super dumb for a while there, lol. Thank you!!!! [/quote] If very hard isn't working for you make sure you're not entering your code backwards (that is, a 1 where you should have a 0, and vice versa). That's the most common issue I see with that one.
@BrandonFlowers wrote on 2019-06-05 23:58:23:
If very hard isn't working for you make sure you're not entering your code backwards (that is, a 1 where you should have a 0, and vice versa). That's the most common issue I see with that one.
[quote name="@Paladingineer" date="2019-06-06 17:34:27" ] [quote name="BrandonFlowers" date="2019-06-05 23:58:23" ] I've been near tearing my hair out trying to get Glimmer and Gloom to work and your guide finally helped me figure it out on Hard mode!!!!!!! I'm still kinda stumped on Very Hard mode (though, your guide got me a lot closer than the others I've read!) and I've still got a ways to go before I can be efficient with it but I'm so happy I was finally able to figure it out because I was feeling super dumb for a while there, lol. Thank you!!!! [/quote] If very hard isn't working for you make sure you're not entering your code backwards (that is, a 1 where you should have a 0, and vice versa). That's the most common issue I see with that one. [/quote] Oooh, that very well could've been what I was doing wrong last night! I tried a Very Hard game just now using the guide and it worked! I'm seriously amazed, I never thought I'd figure this game out in a million years, let alone actually solve a Very Hard puzzle, but it's finally really clicking with my brain!! Thanks again!
@Paladingineer wrote on 2019-06-06 17:34:27:
BrandonFlowers wrote on 2019-06-05 23:58:23:
If very hard isn't working for you make sure you're not entering your code backwards (that is, a 1 where you should have a 0, and vice versa). That's the most common issue I see with that one.

Oooh, that very well could've been what I was doing wrong last night! I tried a Very Hard game just now using the guide and it worked! I'm seriously amazed, I never thought I'd figure this game out in a million years, let alone actually solve a Very Hard puzzle, but it's finally really clicking with my brain!! Thanks again!
PJb908Z.png
@BrandonFlowers I've seen enough people have this issue that I've just put it directly in the guide now. Hopefully that'll help other people in the future. [quote name="Paladingineer" date="2018-08-03 17:58:30" ] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Repeat step 1 and you will automagically win![/b] [I]Didn't work? Make absolutely sure you're not entering the code backwards (1s instead of 0s and vice versa). 90% of the time that's the problem.[/I][/size][/font] [/quote]
@BrandonFlowers
I've seen enough people have this issue that I've just put it directly in the guide now. Hopefully that'll help other people in the future.
Paladingineer wrote on 2018-08-03 17:58:30:
Repeat step 1 and you will automagically win!
Didn't work? Make absolutely sure you're not entering the code backwards (1s instead of 0s and vice versa). 90% of the time that's the problem.
Never know there was a market for dressers, I'm gonna hop on that
Never know there was a market for dressers, I'm gonna hop on that
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
@Paladingineer
Thank you for this. Holy cow, I looked at SO many guides and nothing clicked (maybe because so many just put dots on tiles and go "Click in this pattern" Okay, but what is the actual pattern?). Actually SEEING the gifs to follow along made way more sense and it's way more clearly spelled out. I did find, at least on the puzzle I got going in, you may have to repeat step 2, then step 1 a third time. I rechecked and re-entered multiple times to be sure and without the extra repeats was still getting a tiny handful of tiles stuck, but solved once I did the extra repeats.
@Paladingineer
Thank you for this. Holy cow, I looked at SO many guides and nothing clicked (maybe because so many just put dots on tiles and go "Click in this pattern" Okay, but what is the actual pattern?). Actually SEEING the gifs to follow along made way more sense and it's way more clearly spelled out. I did find, at least on the puzzle I got going in, you may have to repeat step 2, then step 1 a third time. I rechecked and re-entered multiple times to be sure and without the extra repeats was still getting a tiny handful of tiles stuck, but solved once I did the extra repeats.
e0fzh2.jpg JtGOgID.gif AiaAKNt.png
[quote name="@Aniela" date="2019-06-20 18:01:34" ] I did find, at least on the puzzle I got going in, you may have to repeat step 2, then step 1 a third time. I rechecked and re-entered multiple times to be sure and without the extra repeats was still getting a tiny handful of tiles stuck, but solved once I did the extra repeats. [/quote] Glad I could help! I assume you're referring to hard mode here. This is actually already included in the instructions, but the fact that you're saying this tells me something about the way I've written it is unclear. [quote name="Paladingineer" date="2018-08-03 17:58:30" ] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]For each row after that, count the number of "bad" tiles in that row.[/size][/font] [LIST] [*] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]If it's [b]EVEN[/b], clear that row as normal.[/size][/font] [*] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]If it's [b]ODD[/b], click the appropriate Magic Tile, then go back and clear all the rows up to and including this one again.[/size][/font] [/list] [/quote] I see two potential sources of confusion. [LIST] [*][b]"For each row after that, count the number of "bad" tiles in that row"[/b] I didn't make it clear enough that the choice for step 2 needs to be made [i]for each of the rows it applies to[/i], rather than being a one-time step. [*][b]"then go back and clear all the rows up to and including this one again."[/b] I didn't make it clear enough that after clicking the magic tile, you need to repeat the clearing procedure, like in step 1. [/LIST] Do you have any suggestions for how to make it clearer?
@Aniela wrote on 2019-06-20 18:01:34:
I did find, at least on the puzzle I got going in, you may have to repeat step 2, then step 1 a third time. I rechecked and re-entered multiple times to be sure and without the extra repeats was still getting a tiny handful of tiles stuck, but solved once I did the extra repeats.
Glad I could help!

I assume you're referring to hard mode here. This is actually already included in the instructions, but the fact that you're saying this tells me something about the way I've written it is unclear.
Paladingineer wrote on 2018-08-03 17:58:30:
For each row after that, count the number of "bad" tiles in that row.
  • If it's EVEN, clear that row as normal.
  • If it's ODD, click the appropriate Magic Tile, then go back and clear all the rows up to and including this one again.

I see two potential sources of confusion.
  • "For each row after that, count the number of "bad" tiles in that row"
    I didn't make it clear enough that the choice for step 2 needs to be made for each of the rows it applies to, rather than being a one-time step.
  • "then go back and clear all the rows up to and including this one again."
    I didn't make it clear enough that after clicking the magic tile, you need to repeat the clearing procedure, like in step 1.

Do you have any suggestions for how to make it clearer?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25