Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | The Data-Based Money Making Guide
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
[img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/23e6/f/2018/146/f/1/higherorlower_by_littlefiredragon-dccml55.png[/img] [color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=5](~1181t/hour, up to 1625t/hour)[/size][/font][/color] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]This game is special because it doesn’t count toward your daily fairgrounds treasure cap, and it resets every hour. It takes very little effort to play it and you can easily nab over a thousand treasure with minimal effort every time you play, so long as you’re playing it right - that is, guess higher for numbers less than 7, and lower for numbers greater than 7. You may think that each choice has a 50-50 chance of being right for any card, so it doesn’t matter what you choose, but that’s not true. For example, say your card is a 2. The hidden card has an equal chance of being any of the other 12 cards. The only lower card is 1, but literally every other card in the deck is higher – the hidden card has a 1 in 12 chance of being lower, and an 11 in 12 chance of being higher. So you’re much more likely to be right if you choose higher.[/size][/font] [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/2bc8/f/2018/146/9/a/hl_1_by_littlefiredragon-dccmlb4.png[/img][/center] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]It’s like this for all cards – the number of cards that are higher or lower than it affects which answer is more likely to be correct. As you slide along that scale, the ratio changes. It’s only in the middle – at the number 7 – where there’s truly an equal probability of the hidden card being higher or lower.[/size][/font] [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/ea32/f/2018/146/2/a/hl_2_by_littlefiredragon-dccmlay.png[/img][/center] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]So for numbers less than 7, you should always pick higher, and for numbers greater than 7, you should always pick lower. It doesn’t matter what you pick for 7, but if you lump it in with either the low numbers or the high numbers, it simplifies the rule a bit. Since you get 25 guesses and each correct guess pays out 65 treasure, you can theoretically get up to 1625 treasure per session. You might think that you could actually expect to get half of that, since you’d be right half the time – but again, that’s not actually true. Playing according to the above style, your odds are actually much better than 50-50. It comes down to a probability tree. Your card has a 1 in 11 chance of being any particular card (since it’s never 1 or 13). For any given card, the number of other cards that exist on the side you’re picking, out of twelve, is the chance of being right. Multiply these together to get the chance that you’ll have both gotten that card [i]and[/i] guessed correctly on it.[/size][/font] [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/2362/f/2018/147/4/4/hl3_by_littlefiredragon-dccp059.png[/img][/center] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Then we add up the probabilities of any of the branches we care about – that is, the ones where we guessed correctly – to get the total chance that we followed any of those paths. It comes out to 96/132, or 8/11. So mathematically you have an 8/11 chance of getting treasure on any arbitrary turn.[/size][/font] [indent][b]8/11 * 25 turns = ~18 correct guesses ~18 correct guesses * 65t = ~1181t per session[/b][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]So now you know.[/size][/font]
higherorlower_by_littlefiredragon-dccml55.png (~1181t/hour, up to 1625t/hour)
This game is special because it doesn’t count toward your daily fairgrounds treasure cap, and it resets every hour. It takes very little effort to play it and you can easily nab over a thousand treasure with minimal effort every time you play, so long as you’re playing it right - that is, guess higher for numbers less than 7, and lower for numbers greater than 7.

You may think that each choice has a 50-50 chance of being right for any card, so it doesn’t matter what you choose, but that’s not true. For example, say your card is a 2. The hidden card has an equal chance of being any of the other 12 cards. The only lower card is 1, but literally every other card in the deck is higher – the hidden card has a 1 in 12 chance of being lower, and an 11 in 12 chance of being higher. So you’re much more likely to be right if you choose higher.
hl_1_by_littlefiredragon-dccmlb4.png

It’s like this for all cards – the number of cards that are higher or lower than it affects which answer is more likely to be correct. As you slide along that scale, the ratio changes. It’s only in the middle – at the number 7 – where there’s truly an equal probability of the hidden card being higher or lower.
hl_2_by_littlefiredragon-dccmlay.png

So for numbers less than 7, you should always pick higher, and for numbers greater than 7, you should always pick lower. It doesn’t matter what you pick for 7, but if you lump it in with either the low numbers or the high numbers, it simplifies the rule a bit.

Since you get 25 guesses and each correct guess pays out 65 treasure, you can theoretically get up to 1625 treasure per session. You might think that you could actually expect to get half of that, since you’d be right half the time – but again, that’s not actually true. Playing according to the above style, your odds are actually much better than 50-50. It comes down to a probability tree.

Your card has a 1 in 11 chance of being any particular card (since it’s never 1 or 13). For any given card, the number of other cards that exist on the side you’re picking, out of twelve, is the chance of being right. Multiply these together to get the chance that you’ll have both gotten that card and guessed correctly on it.

hl3_by_littlefiredragon-dccp059.png

Then we add up the probabilities of any of the branches we care about – that is, the ones where we guessed correctly – to get the total chance that we followed any of those paths. It comes out to 96/132, or 8/11. So mathematically you have an 8/11 chance of getting treasure on any arbitrary turn.

8/11 * 25 turns = ~18 correct guesses
~18 correct guesses * 65t = ~1181t per session

So now you know.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
The Trading Post
You shouldn’t neglect the trading post as a source of income. Tomo provides guaranteed money, while Swipp and Baldwin have a particular effect on the economy that can benefit you. And, of course, Pinkerton gives away free stuff!

Tomo’s Trivia Tablet (3000t/day)
You can get a guaranteed 3000 treasure every day from Tomo by answering all her questions correctly. Yes, guaranteed, because there’s a guide that will allow you to find the correct answer every single time. It’s 3000 free treasure for a minute of your time; who doesn’t like that?!

Pinkerton’s Plundered Pile
Don’t underestimate him! You can get almost anything except gem items, gene/breed scrolls, eggs, and retired items (note that while the April Fools Day rabbits’ containers are retired, the rabbits themselves are not). And it should be noted that there are a handful of items that can only be gotten from Pinkerton.

Swipp’s Swap Stand
My personal experience is that Swipp himself is not directly a good source of profit, but his effect on the player economy is. The items he asks for are valuable, and should be held onto. Even if you don’t care about the item Swipp and his daughters offer in exchange, somebody else will, and they’ll pay good money to have the requested items so they can swap.

I have not personally conducted extensive research on this topic, but in my experience, the trade materials tend to be more valuable than the items Swipp offers, in general. You are, of course, free to perform your own investigation.

Baldwin’s Bubbling Brew
It’s wise to keep Baldwin busy, even if you aren’t particularly interested in brewing things yourself. During festivals, you can get extra festival currency by brewing it, so it pays to have some materials on hand when a celebration rolls around. At other times of the month, you can either keep tabs on what’s selling well on the auction house and brew it up for profit, which requires you to have materials on hand, or you can just melt worthless items and sell the alchemical materials to other users who are more interested in brewing. Items that are directly used in alchemical recipes may also sell well on the auction house. Alternatively, you can use alchemy as a service, renting your cauldron out to other players.

Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
"Lottery games are based on chance and should be played for entertainment purposes only."
In other words, Roundsey is fun but not a good way to strike it rich. Don't blow all your money in the hopes of winning something valuable.
The Trading Post
You shouldn’t neglect the trading post as a source of income. Tomo provides guaranteed money, while Swipp and Baldwin have a particular effect on the economy that can benefit you. And, of course, Pinkerton gives away free stuff!

Tomo’s Trivia Tablet (3000t/day)
You can get a guaranteed 3000 treasure every day from Tomo by answering all her questions correctly. Yes, guaranteed, because there’s a guide that will allow you to find the correct answer every single time. It’s 3000 free treasure for a minute of your time; who doesn’t like that?!

Pinkerton’s Plundered Pile
Don’t underestimate him! You can get almost anything except gem items, gene/breed scrolls, eggs, and retired items (note that while the April Fools Day rabbits’ containers are retired, the rabbits themselves are not). And it should be noted that there are a handful of items that can only be gotten from Pinkerton.

Swipp’s Swap Stand
My personal experience is that Swipp himself is not directly a good source of profit, but his effect on the player economy is. The items he asks for are valuable, and should be held onto. Even if you don’t care about the item Swipp and his daughters offer in exchange, somebody else will, and they’ll pay good money to have the requested items so they can swap.

I have not personally conducted extensive research on this topic, but in my experience, the trade materials tend to be more valuable than the items Swipp offers, in general. You are, of course, free to perform your own investigation.

Baldwin’s Bubbling Brew
It’s wise to keep Baldwin busy, even if you aren’t particularly interested in brewing things yourself. During festivals, you can get extra festival currency by brewing it, so it pays to have some materials on hand when a celebration rolls around. At other times of the month, you can either keep tabs on what’s selling well on the auction house and brew it up for profit, which requires you to have materials on hand, or you can just melt worthless items and sell the alchemical materials to other users who are more interested in brewing. Items that are directly used in alchemical recipes may also sell well on the auction house. Alternatively, you can use alchemy as a service, renting your cauldron out to other players.

Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
"Lottery games are based on chance and should be played for entertainment purposes only."
In other words, Roundsey is fun but not a good way to strike it rich. Don't blow all your money in the hopes of winning something valuable.
[color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=5]Crim’s Collection Cart[/size][/font][/color] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]The other age-old argument besides "what game is most profitable?" is "which is better, hoardselling or trading with Crim?" After many months of data collection, I have arrived at an answer to this question, albeit one that requires the establishment of several definitions and premises. The short version is: [b]Hoardselling is a wiser choice than hanging onto things for Crim, unless you visit her 7+ times per day.[/b][/size][/font] [center][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/022f1ebf-9aed-4121-9152-8eb080328bac/dcwwmx0-3e7c812f-bced-4a82-8aa4-7f6c4f552d45.png[/img][/center] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Counting only Materials, Other, and Food items, and assuming that you auction Food instead of hoardselling it, then you’d have to visit Crim seven times a day for her to provide more profit than hoardselling – eight times a day if you don’t auction house flip (buy items you don’t have to sell to Crim for a profit). So I guess if you can be on Flight Rising at least once an hour for more than seven hours, go for it? Otherwise, just auction your food and hoardsell the other stuff. I haven’t yet evaluated the combination of hoardsell and Crim to find the ideal balance, but I may later do more number crunching. I will update this post if I do. For now, here's a more detailed look at where the numbers came from.[/size][/font] [color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=4][i][u]Hoardselling[/u][/i][/size][/font][/color] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]The first thing I should establish is what, exactly, "hoardselling" means in the context of this experiment. For the purposes of data collection I played normally for several months except that I didn’t visit Crim during this time, and at the end of every month I cleared the relevant portions of my inventory, which are Materials, Other, and Food (I typically don't purge my Familiars, Apparel, or Battle items). However, no sane individual hoardsells food, as it is much more profitable on the auction house. So when I say hoardselling, I really mean "auctioning food and hoardselling the other stuff." While food does inevitably sell if priced correctly, it doesn’t always do so immediately, so I couldn't just record how much treasure I had before and after. Instead, I used a method of estimating the total value of the food. First I converted excess food so that all stacks were multiples of five for the sake of easy calculation (and to ensure that all my dragons had plenty to eat). I then counted the total number of food points and calculated their total value, pricing plants at 50t per point and other food items at 100t per point (this doesn’t account for the auction house fee, but I felt it was close enough).[/size][/font] [columns] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [nextcol] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxx[/color] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b][u]Month[/u][/b] 1 2 3 4[/size][/font][/center] [nextcol] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b][u]Hoardsell Profit[/u][/b] 82896 94542 75852 84146[/size][/font][/center] [nextcol] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b][u]Food Value[/u][/b] 92000 66250 50750 34250[/size][/font][/center] [nextcol] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b][u]Total Profit[/u][/b] 174896 160792 126602 118396[/size][/font][/center] [/columns] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]This comes out to an average of 84359t a month from just hoardselling Materials and Other, and an average of 118396t a month when also factoring in the auction value of Food.[/size][/font] [color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=4][i][u]Crim[/u][/i][/size][/font][/color] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]I also played for a while without hoardselling anything, or auctioning excess food. After a couple months of building up a large hoard so I'd have a good chance of having what she wanted, I visited Crim 30 times over the span of a few weeks. I used the following rules to determine whether to take a deal:[/size][/font] [LIST] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]If I had the item, I accepted the offer if Crim wasn't offering less than the auction house price.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]If I didn't have the item, and Crim offered more than the auction house price, I bought one and accepted Crim's offer.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]If Crim offered less than the auction house price, I considered it a ripoff and rejected the offer.[/size][/font] [/LIST] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]The data table for Crim is much too large for me to include in this post, but you can view it [url=https://sta.sh/017bcu41hycf]here[/url]. From this data I calculated the average profit of a session both with and without auction house flipping. The average profit per session, taking auction house flipping into account, came out to 1016.433 treasure. If I'd rejected offers for items I didn't have instead of buying them off the auction house, the average profit per session would have been 633.333 treasure. However, this includes all item types, so isn't a fair comparison to the hoardselling data! Filtering the results to profit gained only from Food, Materials, and Other items, the average profit per session with AH flipping was 744.766 treasure, and without AH flipping, it was 616.666 treasure. Of course, that's all just data for a single session. Since Crim resets every hour, you can visit her multiple times a day. From the average (filtered) session profit, I calculated how much treasure you’d get from Crim in a month (30 days) if you visited her a particular number of times a day. [/size][/font] [columns] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [nextcol] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b][u]Sessions per Day[/u][/b] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10[/size][/font][/center] [nextcol] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b][u]Without Flipping[/u][/b] 18499.98 36999.96 55499.94 73999.92 92499.9 110999.88 129499.86 147999.84 166499.82 184999.8[/size][/font][/center] [nextcol] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b][u]With Flipping[/u][/b] 22342.98 44685.96 67028.94 89371.92 111714.9 134057.88 156400.86 178743.84 201086.82 223429.8[/size][/font][/center] [/columns]
Crim’s Collection Cart
The other age-old argument besides "what game is most profitable?" is "which is better, hoardselling or trading with Crim?"

After many months of data collection, I have arrived at an answer to this question, albeit one that requires the establishment of several definitions and premises. The short version is:

Hoardselling is a wiser choice than hanging onto things for Crim, unless you visit her 7+ times per day.

dcwwmx0-3e7c812f-bced-4a82-8aa4-7f6c4f552d45.png

Counting only Materials, Other, and Food items, and assuming that you auction Food instead of hoardselling it, then you’d have to visit Crim seven times a day for her to provide more profit than hoardselling – eight times a day if you don’t auction house flip (buy items you don’t have to sell to Crim for a profit).

So I guess if you can be on Flight Rising at least once an hour for more than seven hours, go for it? Otherwise, just auction your food and hoardsell the other stuff.

I haven’t yet evaluated the combination of hoardsell and Crim to find the ideal balance, but I may later do more number crunching. I will update this post if I do. For now, here's a more detailed look at where the numbers came from.

Hoardselling
The first thing I should establish is what, exactly, "hoardselling" means in the context of this experiment. For the purposes of data collection I played normally for several months except that I didn’t visit Crim during this time, and at the end of every month I cleared the relevant portions of my inventory, which are Materials, Other, and Food (I typically don't purge my Familiars, Apparel, or Battle items).

However, no sane individual hoardsells food, as it is much more profitable on the auction house. So when I say hoardselling, I really mean "auctioning food and hoardselling the other stuff." While food does inevitably sell if priced correctly, it doesn’t always do so immediately, so I couldn't just record how much treasure I had before and after. Instead, I used a method of estimating the total value of the food. First I converted excess food so that all stacks were multiples of five for the sake of easy calculation (and to ensure that all my dragons had plenty to eat). I then counted the total number of food points and calculated their total value, pricing plants at 50t per point and other food items at 100t per point (this doesn’t account for the auction house fee, but I felt it was close enough).
xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
Month
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hoardsell Profit
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Food Value
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Total Profit

This comes out to an average of 84359t a month from just hoardselling Materials and Other, and an average of 118396t a month when also factoring in the auction value of Food.

Crim
I also played for a while without hoardselling anything, or auctioning excess food. After a couple months of building up a large hoard so I'd have a good chance of having what she wanted, I visited Crim 30 times over the span of a few weeks. I used the following rules to determine whether to take a deal:
  • If I had the item, I accepted the offer if Crim wasn't offering less than the auction house price.
  • If I didn't have the item, and Crim offered more than the auction house price, I bought one and accepted Crim's offer.
  • If Crim offered less than the auction house price, I considered it a ripoff and rejected the offer.

The data table for Crim is much too large for me to include in this post, but you can view it here. From this data I calculated the average profit of a session both with and without auction house flipping.

The average profit per session, taking auction house flipping into account, came out to 1016.433 treasure. If I'd rejected offers for items I didn't have instead of buying them off the auction house, the average profit per session would have been 633.333 treasure.

However, this includes all item types, so isn't a fair comparison to the hoardselling data! Filtering the results to profit gained only from Food, Materials, and Other items, the average profit per session with AH flipping was 744.766 treasure, and without AH flipping, it was 616.666 treasure.

Of course, that's all just data for a single session. Since Crim resets every hour, you can visit her multiple times a day. From the average (filtered) session profit, I calculated how much treasure you’d get from Crim in a month (30 days) if you visited her a particular number of times a day.
xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sessions per Day
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Without Flipping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
With Flipping
Gathering and Fighting for Profit
The coliseum and gathering don’t seem similar at first but there’s actually a lot of overlap. A significant profit aspect of both lies in the acquisition and subsequent sale of items – exaltation money from leveled dragons notwithstanding. As far as gathering goes, in general it’s good to cycle through all the regions to get a variety of items, as it gives you a chance to get items for Baldwin/Swipp. Most recipes require items that come from different zones or even from the coliseum.

Food
If you have a huge lair, chances are almost all of your turns will go to keeping your dragons fed. But if you have a smaller lair, figure out how many turns a day you need to keep your food stores relatively stable. If you can afford it, you should spend at least one turn gathering every type of food every day – even if you don’t use a certain type. Food sells well on the auction house, so I personally never hoardsell it.

Until recently my lair was sustained entirely on bugs and meat, and even now I only convert a small amount of plants, so I regularly sell plants and seafood. Plants are cheaper than other food; I’m not an economist so I can’t say precisely why, but I’d assume it has something to do with how easy it is to get plants in the coliseum. At any rate, it’s smart to sell food based not on the number of items you’re selling but on the number of food points involved.

Personally, I sell food during my hoard purges – any food item I have 10 or more of gets sold on the auction house (the rest just sits in my inventory or gets converted). I sell plants at a rate of 50t/point and seafood at a rate of 100t/point. I don’t often sell meat or insects because of my lair’s reliance on them but I’d imagine 100t/point is a good price for them as well.

Digging and Scavenging
After you’ve gathered as much food as needed, split the rest of your turns between digging and scavenging. These are a good source of Baldwin materials and just things to hoardsell, as well as having the chance to find something valuable like an unhatched egg.

Festivals
During a festival, you should only be collecting in the appropriate elemental region. Likewise, it’s a good idea to fight in venues that have enemies of the appropriate element. You want to gather as much of the festival currency as possible, even if you don’t like what Joxar has that month, because it will inevitably appeal to someone, and where there’s demand, you can supply! It’s a bit of a judgement call whether a particular festival item is a good investment, but you can always just sell the currency itself for easy profit.
Gathering and Fighting for Profit
The coliseum and gathering don’t seem similar at first but there’s actually a lot of overlap. A significant profit aspect of both lies in the acquisition and subsequent sale of items – exaltation money from leveled dragons notwithstanding. As far as gathering goes, in general it’s good to cycle through all the regions to get a variety of items, as it gives you a chance to get items for Baldwin/Swipp. Most recipes require items that come from different zones or even from the coliseum.

Food
If you have a huge lair, chances are almost all of your turns will go to keeping your dragons fed. But if you have a smaller lair, figure out how many turns a day you need to keep your food stores relatively stable. If you can afford it, you should spend at least one turn gathering every type of food every day – even if you don’t use a certain type. Food sells well on the auction house, so I personally never hoardsell it.

Until recently my lair was sustained entirely on bugs and meat, and even now I only convert a small amount of plants, so I regularly sell plants and seafood. Plants are cheaper than other food; I’m not an economist so I can’t say precisely why, but I’d assume it has something to do with how easy it is to get plants in the coliseum. At any rate, it’s smart to sell food based not on the number of items you’re selling but on the number of food points involved.

Personally, I sell food during my hoard purges – any food item I have 10 or more of gets sold on the auction house (the rest just sits in my inventory or gets converted). I sell plants at a rate of 50t/point and seafood at a rate of 100t/point. I don’t often sell meat or insects because of my lair’s reliance on them but I’d imagine 100t/point is a good price for them as well.

Digging and Scavenging
After you’ve gathered as much food as needed, split the rest of your turns between digging and scavenging. These are a good source of Baldwin materials and just things to hoardsell, as well as having the chance to find something valuable like an unhatched egg.

Festivals
During a festival, you should only be collecting in the appropriate elemental region. Likewise, it’s a good idea to fight in venues that have enemies of the appropriate element. You want to gather as much of the festival currency as possible, even if you don’t like what Joxar has that month, because it will inevitably appeal to someone, and where there’s demand, you can supply! It’s a bit of a judgement call whether a particular festival item is a good investment, but you can always just sell the currency itself for easy profit.
[color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=5][size=5][b]Other Means of Making Money[/b][/size][/size][/font][/color] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]These are mostly things I won’t be covering in much detail, because I’m not very familiar with them. Other players have probably written about these in depth.[/size][/font] [color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=5]Auction House Flipping[/size][/font][/color] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Find stuff on the auction house being sold for less than it’s worth, buy it, and sell it for its true value. Simple to understand, harder to execute. A particular variant of this I’ve taken to recently is a form of fodder flipping – buy hatchlings cheap, wait until they grow up, and then sell them at a higher price. [/size][/font] [color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=5]Familiars[/size][/font][/color] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Don’t forget to bond with your familiars every day! It's especially easy since the update that lets you cycle through your lair with the arrow keys, since you can do this without closing the bonding popup. For maximum profit, make sure all of your dragons have familiars, even just temporary ones that don’t match, so you can get money off every page – this also has the added bonus of preventing you from exalting anyone by accident. Familiars don’t pay much out individually, but bonding takes a truly minimal amount of effort and it adds up across all your dragons, not to mention generating chests full of loot! Raising one familiar to Awakened status produces a total of 2930t, 3 rusted treasure chests, 2 iron treasure chests, and 1 gilded decorative chest. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=25021]hydrargyrum80[/url] did the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/987700]research on familiar payouts[/url], which I’ve reproduced below for your convenience.[/size][/font] [columns] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b] Level: T/Day: Days: Profit: Chest: [/b][/size][/font] [nextcol] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] [b][u]Wary[/u][/b] 15 4 60 [I]n/a[/I] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx x x x x[/color] [/size][/font][/center] [nextcol] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] [b][u]Tolerant[/u][/b] 20 8 160 [item=Rusted Treasure Chest] [/size][/font][/center] [nextcol] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] [b][u]Relaxed[/u][/b] 25 11 275 [item=Rusted Treasure Chest] [/size][/font][/center] [nextcol] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] [b][u]Inquisitive[/u][/b] 30 18 540 [item=Rusted Treasure Chest] [/size][/font][/center] [/columns] [columns] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b] Level: T/Day: Days: Profit: Chest: [/b][/size][/font] [nextcol] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] [b][u]Companion[/u][/b] 35 22 770 [item=Iron Treasure chest] [/size][/font][/center] [nextcol] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] [b][u]Loyal[/u][/b] 45 25 1125 [item=Iron Treasure Chest] [/size][/font][/center] [nextcol] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] [b][u]Awakened[/u][/b] 50 Forever Infinite [item=Gilded Decorative Chest] [/size][/font][/center] [/columns] [color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=5]Exaltation for Profit[/size][/font][/color] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]There are essentially two ways to use exaltation for profit: the hardcore way (training and exalting fodder yourself) and the lazy way (breeding fodder and selling it to the hardcore people). There are plenty of people who know a lot more about the coliseum than I do, but for the record, when I exalt fodder, my strategy is to either breed fodder myself or buy them as hatchlings (since they’re cheaper then), then train them up to level 7 before exalting. @Isozyme has done the research on this and provided an [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/746775]exaltation payout chart[/url]. If you don’t want to exert that much effort, you can just breed fodder and sell it on the auction house – patience is a virtue here, especially since you can get more money per dragon if you wait until they grow up before selling them. If you’re willing to be patient, fodder breeding can be a steady, reliable source of minimal-effort income. You can especially turn a profit if you breed or buy a lot of cheap hatchlings right before a dom battle. When they grow up in the middle of the week, you can sell them at the inflated fodder prices and rake in the dragon cash.[/size][/font] [color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=5]Services to Players[/size][/font][/color] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Finally, as a general rule, if there’s something that is valued, there’s someone willing to pay you to do/make it for them. Never underestimate the community as a source of income! The most obvious means of using the community to make money is running a hatchery – breeding valuable dragons and selling the hatchlings. A close second is running a skin/accent shop if you’re a good artist (though this is primarily a means of bringing in gems, not treasure). But services don’t have to stop here – whatever your talent is, you can probably find a market for it if you look hard enough. People are always willing to pay for art of their dragons, coliseum leveling services, outfit creation, and occasionally even things like bio coding or nest rentals.[/size][/font]
Other Means of Making Money
These are mostly things I won’t be covering in much detail, because I’m not very familiar with them. Other players have probably written about these in depth.

Auction House Flipping
Find stuff on the auction house being sold for less than it’s worth, buy it, and sell it for its true value. Simple to understand, harder to execute. A particular variant of this I’ve taken to recently is a form of fodder flipping – buy hatchlings cheap, wait until they grow up, and then sell them at a higher price.

Familiars
Don’t forget to bond with your familiars every day! It's especially easy since the update that lets you cycle through your lair with the arrow keys, since you can do this without closing the bonding popup.

For maximum profit, make sure all of your dragons have familiars, even just temporary ones that don’t match, so you can get money off every page – this also has the added bonus of preventing you from exalting anyone by accident. Familiars don’t pay much out individually, but bonding takes a truly minimal amount of effort and it adds up across all your dragons, not to mention generating chests full of loot! Raising one familiar to Awakened status produces a total of 2930t, 3 rusted treasure chests, 2 iron treasure chests, and 1 gilded decorative chest.

hydrargyrum80 did the research on familiar payouts, which I’ve reproduced below for your convenience.

Level:
T/Day:
Days:
Profit:
Chest:

Wary
n/a
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x

Tolerant
Rusted Treasure Chest

Relaxed
Rusted Treasure Chest

Inquisitive
Rusted Treasure Chest

Level:
T/Day:
Days:
Profit:
Chest:

Companion
Iron Treasure Chest

Loyal
Iron Treasure Chest

Awakened
Forever
Infinite
Gilded Decorative Chest

Exaltation for Profit
There are essentially two ways to use exaltation for profit: the hardcore way (training and exalting fodder yourself) and the lazy way (breeding fodder and selling it to the hardcore people). There are plenty of people who know a lot more about the coliseum than I do, but for the record, when I exalt fodder, my strategy is to either breed fodder myself or buy them as hatchlings (since they’re cheaper then), then train them up to level 7 before exalting. @Isozyme has done the research on this and provided an exaltation payout chart.
If you don’t want to exert that much effort, you can just breed fodder and sell it on the auction house – patience is a virtue here, especially since you can get more money per dragon if you wait until they grow up before selling them. If you’re willing to be patient, fodder breeding can be a steady, reliable source of minimal-effort income.
You can especially turn a profit if you breed or buy a lot of cheap hatchlings right before a dom battle. When they grow up in the middle of the week, you can sell them at the inflated fodder prices and rake in the dragon cash.

Services to Players
Finally, as a general rule, if there’s something that is valued, there’s someone willing to pay you to do/make it for them. Never underestimate the community as a source of income! The most obvious means of using the community to make money is running a hatchery – breeding valuable dragons and selling the hatchlings. A close second is running a skin/accent shop if you’re a good artist (though this is primarily a means of bringing in gems, not treasure). But services don’t have to stop here – whatever your talent is, you can probably find a market for it if you look hard enough. People are always willing to pay for art of their dragons, coliseum leveling services, outfit creation, and occasionally even things like bio coding or nest rentals.
[color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=5][size=5][b]Testimonials[/b][/size][/size][/font][/color] [quote name="peachhmoon" date="2018-10-20 20:41:48" ] Oh my gosh. Thanks so much for making this guide, I could never beat G&G before seeing this! [/quote] [quote name="ThatJapana" date="2018-10-20 18:47:35" ] I seriously can't thank you enough. I could NEVER play G&G before this! This is the most helpful guide I've found. Thanks! [/quote] [quote name="Ianelle" date="2018-10-31 05:37:25" ] Your Glimmer and Gloom guide for Hard mode finally made me understand what I am supposed to do! Thank you so, so, so much!! [/quote] [quote name="liezel" date="2019-01-31 22:00:59" ] THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!! i thought i was never ever ever going to understand glimmer and gloom, but you made it sound so simple!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh thank youuuuuuuuuu [/quote] [quote name="xXIceWolfXx" date="2019-06-05 18:30:10" ] I 'vs tried to get G&G to click in my brain so many times. I tried YouTube tutorials, written guides, picture guides, everything! I was so so happy to find this guide and finally understand the pattern everyone was talking about. [/quote] [quote name="BrandonFlowers" date="2019-06-05 23:58:23" ] I've been near tearing my hair out trying to get Glimmer and Gloom to work and your guide finally helped me figure it out on Hard mode!!!!!!! ... I tried a Very Hard game just now using the guide and it worked! I'm seriously amazed, I never thought I'd figure this game out in a million years, let alone actually solve a Very Hard puzzle, but it's finally really clicking with my brain!! [/quote] [quote name="loph" date="2019-06-06 07:52:38" ] thank you so much!! after struggling on easy puzzles for agesss, I can now finish a very hard puzzle in under two minutes :DD [/quote] [quote name="Aniela" date="2019-06-20 18:01:34" ] Holy cow, I looked at SO many guides and nothing clicked (maybe because so many just put dots on tiles and go "Click in this pattern" Okay, but what is the actual pattern?). Actually SEEING the gifs to follow along made way more sense and it's way more clearly spelled out. [/quote] [quote name="Alcorin" date="2019-06-21 07:27:41" ] Oh my God, a G&G guide that actually taught me how to play G&G! Is this a miracle? Are you a saint, OP? Thank you so much ;w; [/quote] [quote name="Susinko" date="2019-06-26 20:22:38" ] You're a witch! You'd have to be to teach me G&G. Your instructions and animations were so clear and were the best way for me to learn. Thank you so much! [/quote] [quote name="skaran" date="2020-03-27 13:57:07" ] I was able to understand the Hard mode in minutes after reading this! ...I have never maxed out fairgrounds before and now I have and it's actually doable! [/quote] [quote name="RosyWindFox" date="2020-04-16 12:23:50" ] This was the first glimmer and gloom guide that made sense to me! TYSM! This worked like clockwork! AMAZING! 100/5 stars! :) [/quote] [quote name="astrotheology" date="2020-05-07 21:56:16" ] I have never ever been able to parse any explanation of G&G, ever. I gave up on it entirely. This guide just actually helped me win my second game of G&G, ever. THANK YOU. [/quote] [quote] [b]Voidbeast:[/b] im one of those lost causes [b]Paladingineer:[/b] You aren't a lost cause, mate. [b]Voidbeast:[/b] you underestimate the power of adhd [b]Paladingineer:[/b] Just... try the guide. It will work. I promise. [b]Voidbeast:[/b] i'll try a round rn actually [b]Voidbeast, 12 minutes later:[/b] i was a FOOL this makes 100% sense [/quote] [quote name="Lameforgers" date="2020-05-18 12:29:17" ] Your guide has reduced me to tears of joy and 75kt. Thank you, Lord analysis. [/quote] [quote name="Fethre" date="2020-09-26 12:43:36" ] This is the first Glimmer & Gloom explanation that finally clicked in my brain; thank you so much for this guide! [/quote] [quote name="hoghops" date="2020-09-30 03:12:40" ] oh my god i finally understand g&g this guide watered my crops, fed my children and cleansed my skin [/quote]
Testimonials
peachhmoon wrote on 2018-10-20 20:41:48:
Oh my gosh. Thanks so much for making this guide, I could never beat G&G before seeing this!
ThatJapana wrote on 2018-10-20 18:47:35:
I seriously can't thank you enough. I could NEVER play G&G before this! This is the most helpful guide I've found. Thanks!
Ianelle wrote on 2018-10-31 05:37:25:
Your Glimmer and Gloom guide for Hard mode finally made me understand what I am supposed to do! Thank you so, so, so much!!
liezel wrote on 2019-01-31 22:00:59:
THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!! i thought i was never ever ever going to understand glimmer and gloom, but you made it sound so simple!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh thank youuuuuuuuuu
xXIceWolfXx wrote on 2019-06-05 18:30:10:
I 'vs tried to get G&G to click in my brain so many times. I tried YouTube tutorials, written guides, picture guides, everything! I was so so happy to find this guide and finally understand the pattern everyone was talking about.
BrandonFlowers wrote on 2019-06-05 23:58:23:
I've been near tearing my hair out trying to get Glimmer and Gloom to work and your guide finally helped me figure it out on Hard mode!!!!!!!
I tried a Very Hard game just now using the guide and it worked! I'm seriously amazed, I never thought I'd figure this game out in a million years, let alone actually solve a Very Hard puzzle, but it's finally really clicking with my brain!!
loph wrote on 2019-06-06 07:52:38:
thank you so much!! after struggling on easy puzzles for agesss, I can now finish a very hard puzzle in under two minutes :DD
Aniela wrote on 2019-06-20 18:01:34:
Holy cow, I looked at SO many guides and nothing clicked (maybe because so many just put dots on tiles and go "Click in this pattern" Okay, but what is the actual pattern?). Actually SEEING the gifs to follow along made way more sense and it's way more clearly spelled out.
Alcorin wrote on 2019-06-21 07:27:41:
Oh my God, a G&G guide that actually taught me how to play G&G! Is this a miracle? Are you a saint, OP? Thank you so much ;w;
Susinko wrote on 2019-06-26 20:22:38:
You're a witch! You'd have to be to teach me G&G. Your instructions and animations were so clear and were the best way for me to learn. Thank you so much!
skaran wrote on 2020-03-27 13:57:07:
I was able to understand the Hard mode in minutes after reading this! ...I have never maxed out fairgrounds before and now I have and it's actually doable!
RosyWindFox wrote on 2020-04-16 12:23:50:
This was the first glimmer and gloom guide that made sense to me! TYSM! This worked like clockwork! AMAZING! 100/5 stars! :)
astrotheology wrote on 2020-05-07 21:56:16:
I have never ever been able to parse any explanation of G&G, ever. I gave up on it entirely. This guide just actually helped me win my second game of G&G, ever. THANK YOU.
Quote:
Voidbeast: im one of those lost causes
Paladingineer: You aren't a lost cause, mate.
Voidbeast: you underestimate the power of adhd
Paladingineer: Just... try the guide. It will work. I promise.
Voidbeast: i'll try a round rn actually
Voidbeast, 12 minutes later: i was a FOOL this makes 100% sense
Lameforgers wrote on 2020-05-18 12:29:17:
Your guide has reduced me to tears of joy and 75kt. Thank you, Lord analysis.
Fethre wrote on 2020-09-26 12:43:36:
This is the first Glimmer & Gloom explanation that finally clicked in my brain; thank you so much for this guide!
hoghops wrote on 2020-09-30 03:12:40:
oh my god i finally understand g&g
this guide watered my crops, fed my children and cleansed my skin
[color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=5][size=5][b]Glimmer & Gloom Troubleshooting[/b][/size][/size][/font][/color] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]If the Glimmer & Gloom guide didn't work for you, don't worry! You're almost certainly just making one tiny little mistake that's throwing everything else off, and once you clear that up, it'll work like a charm. What I've provided here is a set of four debugging questions that will either help you correct the issue yourself, or generate all the information I need to help you. [b]If this troubleshooting guide doesn't help you solve the problem on your own, send a PM to me (@Paladingineer) with [u]all four[/u] of your answers, and I'll help you.[/b][/size][/font] ----- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 0: Did you do ALL the steps?[/b] If you're playing Very Hard, there are [b]four[/b] steps. For Hard, there are [b]two[/b] steps. Make absolutely sure you didn't miss any steps![/size][/font] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 1: Which difficulty mode are you playing?[/b] If you're playing Very Hard, answer the questions in the next section. If you're playing Hard, scroll down to the Hard Mode section instead.[/size][/font] [color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=5]Very Hard Mode[/size][/font][/color] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 2: Which color do you want to win?[/b] If you want Light to win, answer the questions in the next subsection. If you want Shadow to win, scroll down to the Shadow subsection instead.[/size][/font] [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][color=#d3953a][font=Century Gothic][size=4][b] Light[/b][/size][/font][/color] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 3: What is the code for this board?[/b][/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/AL5Ye9m.png[/img][/center] [quote name="Answers"] [LIST] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]01001 1100 This is the correct answer.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]10110 0011 You have your 0s and 1s flipped. Remember, 0 is whichever color you want to win, in your case Light. If you end up with the entire bottom and bottom-right edges being Shadow, that's a surefire sign you're making this mistake.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]00111 0010 You're reading the tiles in the wrong direction. Go left to right, not right to left.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Other Go ahead and answer the next question, then PM me all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's going on.[/size][/font] [/LIST] [/quote] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 4: If the lookup table says [img]https://i.imgur.com/HgFf2V3.png[/img], list every tile you'd click on, as named by this diagram.[/b][/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/N5l6FT3.png[/img][/center] [quote name="Answers"] [LIST] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A3, B3, C3, D3, E3, F2, G1 This is the correct answer.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B3, C3, D3, E3, F2, G1 You're skipping intersection tiles. A3 is in both R1 and D3, and you need to click it both times.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A3, B4, C5, D6, E7, F7, G7 You're doing diagonals in the wrong direction. You need to go from the top right to the bottom left, not from the top left to the bottom right.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B4, C5, D6, E7, F7, G7 You're doing your diagonals in the wrong direction and also skipping intersection tiles. See the two bullets above.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, ... You're overthinking it. You don't need to "clear" the tiles indicated in the lookup table, just literally click directly on them.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7 You're getting rows and diagonals mixed up. The yellow R cells are Rows, left to right. The green D cells are Diagonals, top right to bottom left.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Other PM me all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's going on.[/size][/font] [/LIST] [/quote] [/indent] [emoji=gloom tile size=1][color=#48285a][font=Century Gothic][size=4][b] Shadow[/b][/size][/font][/color] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 3: What is the code for this board?[/b][/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/hMKRxj4.png[/img][/center] [quote name="Answers"] [LIST] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]10100 1011 This is the correct answer.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]01011 0100 You have your 0s and 1s flipped. Remember, 0 is whichever color you want to win, in your case Shadow. If you end up with the entire bottom and bottom-right edges being Light, that's a surefire sign you're making this mistake.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]1101 00101 You're reading the tiles in the wrong direction. Go left to right, not right to left.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Other Go ahead and answer the next question, then PM me all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's going on.[/size][/font] [/LIST] [/quote] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 4: If the lookup table says [img]https://i.imgur.com/HgFf2V3.png[/img], list every tile you'd click on, as named by this diagram.[/b][/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/N5l6FT3.png[/img][/center] [quote name="Answers"] [LIST] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A3, B3, C3, D3, E3, F2, G1 This is the correct answer.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B3, C3, D3, E3, F2, G1 You're skipping intersection tiles. A3 is in both R1 and D3, and you need to click it both times.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A3, B4, C5, D6, E7, F7, G7 You're doing diagonals in the wrong direction. You need to go from the top right to the bottom left, not from the top left to the bottom right.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B4, C5, D6, E7, F7, G7 You're doing your diagonals in the wrong direction and also skipping intersection tiles. See the two bullets above.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, ... You're overthinking it. You don't need to "clear" the tiles indicated in the lookup table, just literally click directly on them.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7 You're getting rows and diagonals mixed up. The yellow R cells are Rows, left to right. The green D cells are Diagonals, top right to bottom left.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Other PM me your answers and I'll figure out what's going on.[/size][/font] [/LIST] [/quote] [/indent] [/indent] [color=#2b62b3][font=Century Gothic][size=5]Hard Mode[/size][/font][/color] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 2: Which color do you want to win?[/b] If you want Light to win, answer the questions in the next subsection. If you want Shadow to win, scroll down to the Shadow subsection instead.[/size][/font] [emoji=glimmer tile size=1][color=#d3953a][font=Century Gothic][size=4][b] Light[/b][/size][/font][/color] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 3: Which Magic Tile, if any, should you click here?[/b][/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/pyA25ou.png[/img][/center] [quote name="Answers"] [LIST] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile A (Red) You're either always clicking the magic tile, or counting all the bad tiles left. You only need to count the bad tiles in the row you're trying to clear, and you only need to use the magic tile if it's an odd number. In this case, the row we're trying to clear has 2 bad tiles on it, which is an even number, so we do not use the magic tile.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile B (Green) Magic Tile B is for row 5, and there are still bad tiles in row 4. You need to deal with row 4 before you even think about what to do for row 5.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile C (Blue) Magic Tile C is for row 6, and there are still bad tiles in rows 4 and 5. You need to deal with rows 4 and 5 before you even think about what to do for row 6.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]None, clear row 4 This is the correct answer. We're on row 4, and there are 2 bad tiles in it (an even number), so we can just clear it.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]It depends... You're overthinking it! We're on row 4, because everything above it is cleared. It doesn't matter what you did before; all that matters is how many bad tiles are in row 4.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Other Go ahead and answer the next question, then PM me with all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's wrong.[/size][/font] [/LIST] [/quote] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 4: Which Magic Tile, if any, should you click here?[/b][/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/rZpKEvG.png[/img][/center] [quote name="Answers"] [LIST] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile A (Red) Magic Tile A is for row 4, so you only use this tile if row 4 has an odd number of bad tiles in it. You have already cleared row 4, so you don't need to worry about this tile.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile B (Green) This is the correct answer. There are an odd number of bad tiles in row 5, so you need to use Magic Tile B.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile C (Blue) Magic Tile C is for row 6, and there are still bad tiles in row 5. You need to deal with row 5 before you even think about what to do for row 6.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]None, clear row 5 You're probably counting all the bad tiles on the board. You need to count only the bad tiles in the row you're trying to clear. In this case, there are 3 bad tiles, which is an odd number, so you need to use the magic tile.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]It depends... You're overthinking it! We're on row 5, because everything above it is cleared. It doesn't matter what you did before; all that matters is how many bad tiles are in row 5.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Other PM me with all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's wrong.[/size][/font] [/LIST] [/quote] [/indent] [emoji=gloom tile size=1][color=#48285a][font=Century Gothic][size=4][b] Shadow[/b][/size][/font][/color] [indent][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 3: Which Magic Tile, if any, should you click here?[/b][/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/96h63cV.png[/img][/center] [quote name="Answers"] [LIST] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile A (Red) You're either always clicking the magic tile, or counting all the bad tiles left. You only need to count the bad tiles in the row you're trying to clear, and you only need to use the magic tile if it's an odd number. In this case, the row we're trying to clear has 2 bad tiles on it, which is an even number, so we do not use the magic tile.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile B (Green) Magic Tile B is for row 5, and there are still bad tiles in row 4. You need to deal with row 4 before you even think about what to do for row 5.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile C (Blue) Magic Tile C is for row 6, and there are still bad tiles in rows 4 and 5. You need to deal with rows 4 and 5 before you even think about what to do for row 6.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]None, clear row 4 This is the correct answer. We're on row 4, and there are 2 bad tiles in it (an even number), so we can just clear it.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]It depends... You're overthinking it! We're on row 4, because everything above it is cleared. It doesn't matter what you did before; all that matters is how many bad tiles are in row 4.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Other Go ahead and answer the next question, then PM me with all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's wrong.[/size][/font] [/LIST] [/quote] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4][b]Question 4: Which Magic Tile, if any, should you click here?[/b][/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/w3M86MR.png[/img][/center] [quote name="Answers"] [LIST] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile A (Red) Magic Tile A is for row 4, so you only use this tile if row 4 has an odd number of bad tiles in it. You have already cleared row 4, so you don't need to worry about this tile.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile B (Green) This is the correct answer. There are an odd number of bad tiles in row 5, so you need to use Magic Tile B.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Magic Tile C (Blue) Magic Tile C is for row 6, and there are still bad tiles in row 5. You need to deal with row 5 before you even think about what to do for row 6.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]None, clear row 5 You're probably counting all the bad tiles on the board. You need to count only the bad tiles in the row you're trying to clear. In this case, there are 3 bad tiles, which is an odd number, so you need to use the magic tile.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]It depends... You're overthinking it! We're on row 5, because everything above it is cleared. It doesn't matter what you did before; all that matters is how many bad tiles are in row 5.[/size][/font] [*][font=Palatino Linotype][size=4]Other PM me with all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's wrong.[/size][/font] [/LIST] [/quote] [/indent] [/indent]
Glimmer & Gloom Troubleshooting
If the Glimmer & Gloom guide didn't work for you, don't worry! You're almost certainly just making one tiny little mistake that's throwing everything else off, and once you clear that up, it'll work like a charm.

What I've provided here is a set of four debugging questions that will either help you correct the issue yourself, or generate all the information I need to help you. If this troubleshooting guide doesn't help you solve the problem on your own, send a PM to me (@Paladingineer) with all four of your answers, and I'll help you.

Question 0: Did you do ALL the steps?
If you're playing Very Hard, there are four steps. For Hard, there are two steps. Make absolutely sure you didn't miss any steps!

Question 1: Which difficulty mode are you playing?
If you're playing Very Hard, answer the questions in the next section. If you're playing Hard, scroll down to the Hard Mode section instead.

Very Hard Mode
Question 2: Which color do you want to win?
If you want Light to win, answer the questions in the next subsection. If you want Shadow to win, scroll down to the Shadow subsection instead.

Light
Question 3: What is the code for this board?
AL5Ye9m.png
Answers wrote:
  • 01001 1100
    This is the correct answer.
  • 10110 0011
    You have your 0s and 1s flipped. Remember, 0 is whichever color you want to win, in your case Light. If you end up with the entire bottom and bottom-right edges being Shadow, that's a surefire sign you're making this mistake.
  • 00111 0010
    You're reading the tiles in the wrong direction. Go left to right, not right to left.
  • Other
    Go ahead and answer the next question, then PM me all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's going on.

Question 4: If the lookup table says HgFf2V3.png, list every tile you'd click on, as named by this diagram.
N5l6FT3.png
Answers wrote:
  • A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A3, B3, C3, D3, E3, F2, G1
  • A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B3, C3, D3, E3, F2, G1
    You're skipping intersection tiles. A3 is in both R1 and D3, and you need to click it both times.
  • A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A3, B4, C5, D6, E7, F7, G7
    You're doing diagonals in the wrong direction. You need to go from the top right to the bottom left, not from the top left to the bottom right.
  • A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B4, C5, D6, E7, F7, G7
    You're doing your diagonals in the wrong direction and also skipping intersection tiles. See the two bullets above.
  • B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, ...
    You're overthinking it. You don't need to "clear" the tiles indicated in the lookup table, just literally click directly on them.
  • A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7
    You're getting rows and diagonals mixed up. The yellow R cells are Rows, left to right. The green D cells are Diagonals, top right to bottom left.
  • Other
    PM me all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's going on.

Shadow
Question 3: What is the code for this board?
hMKRxj4.png
Answers wrote:
  • 10100 1011
  • 01011 0100
    You have your 0s and 1s flipped. Remember, 0 is whichever color you want to win, in your case Shadow. If you end up with the entire bottom and bottom-right edges being Light, that's a surefire sign you're making this mistake.
  • 1101 00101
    You're reading the tiles in the wrong direction. Go left to right, not right to left.
  • Other
    Go ahead and answer the next question, then PM me all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's going on.

Question 4: If the lookup table says HgFf2V3.png, list every tile you'd click on, as named by this diagram.
N5l6FT3.png
Answers wrote:
  • A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A3, B3, C3, D3, E3, F2, G1
  • A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B3, C3, D3, E3, F2, G1
    You're skipping intersection tiles. A3 is in both R1 and D3, and you need to click it both times.
  • A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A3, B4, C5, D6, E7, F7, G7
    You're doing diagonals in the wrong direction. You need to go from the top right to the bottom left, not from the top left to the bottom right.
  • A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B4, C5, D6, E7, F7, G7
    You're doing your diagonals in the wrong direction and also skipping intersection tiles. See the two bullets above.
  • B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, ...
    You're overthinking it. You don't need to "clear" the tiles indicated in the lookup table, just literally click directly on them.
  • A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7
    You're getting rows and diagonals mixed up. The yellow R cells are Rows, left to right. The green D cells are Diagonals, top right to bottom left.
  • Other
    PM me your answers and I'll figure out what's going on.

Hard Mode
Question 2: Which color do you want to win?
If you want Light to win, answer the questions in the next subsection. If you want Shadow to win, scroll down to the Shadow subsection instead.

Light
Question 3: Which Magic Tile, if any, should you click here?
pyA25ou.png
Answers wrote:
  • Magic Tile A (Red)
    You're either always clicking the magic tile, or counting all the bad tiles left. You only need to count the bad tiles in the row you're trying to clear, and you only need to use the magic tile if it's an odd number. In this case, the row we're trying to clear has 2 bad tiles on it, which is an even number, so we do not use the magic tile.
  • Magic Tile B (Green)
    Magic Tile B is for row 5, and there are still bad tiles in row 4. You need to deal with row 4 before you even think about what to do for row 5.
  • Magic Tile C (Blue)
    Magic Tile C is for row 6, and there are still bad tiles in rows 4 and 5. You need to deal with rows 4 and 5 before you even think about what to do for row 6.
  • None, clear row 4
    This is the correct answer. We're on row 4, and there are 2 bad tiles in it (an even number), so we can just clear it.
  • It depends...
    You're overthinking it! We're on row 4, because everything above it is cleared. It doesn't matter what you did before; all that matters is how many bad tiles are in row 4.
  • Other
    Go ahead and answer the next question, then PM me with all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's wrong.
Question 4: Which Magic Tile, if any, should you click here?
rZpKEvG.png
Answers wrote:
  • Magic Tile A (Red)
    Magic Tile A is for row 4, so you only use this tile if row 4 has an odd number of bad tiles in it. You have already cleared row 4, so you don't need to worry about this tile.
  • Magic Tile B (Green)
    This is the correct answer. There are an odd number of bad tiles in row 5, so you need to use Magic Tile B.
  • Magic Tile C (Blue)
    Magic Tile C is for row 6, and there are still bad tiles in row 5. You need to deal with row 5 before you even think about what to do for row 6.
  • None, clear row 5
    You're probably counting all the bad tiles on the board. You need to count only the bad tiles in the row you're trying to clear. In this case, there are 3 bad tiles, which is an odd number, so you need to use the magic tile.
  • It depends...
    You're overthinking it! We're on row 5, because everything above it is cleared. It doesn't matter what you did before; all that matters is how many bad tiles are in row 5.
  • Other
    PM me with all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's wrong.

Shadow
Question 3: Which Magic Tile, if any, should you click here?
96h63cV.png
Answers wrote:
  • Magic Tile A (Red)
    You're either always clicking the magic tile, or counting all the bad tiles left. You only need to count the bad tiles in the row you're trying to clear, and you only need to use the magic tile if it's an odd number. In this case, the row we're trying to clear has 2 bad tiles on it, which is an even number, so we do not use the magic tile.
  • Magic Tile B (Green)
    Magic Tile B is for row 5, and there are still bad tiles in row 4. You need to deal with row 4 before you even think about what to do for row 5.
  • Magic Tile C (Blue)
    Magic Tile C is for row 6, and there are still bad tiles in rows 4 and 5. You need to deal with rows 4 and 5 before you even think about what to do for row 6.
  • None, clear row 4
    This is the correct answer. We're on row 4, and there are 2 bad tiles in it (an even number), so we can just clear it.
  • It depends...
    You're overthinking it! We're on row 4, because everything above it is cleared. It doesn't matter what you did before; all that matters is how many bad tiles are in row 4.
  • Other
    Go ahead and answer the next question, then PM me with all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's wrong.
Question 4: Which Magic Tile, if any, should you click here?
w3M86MR.png
Answers wrote:
  • Magic Tile A (Red)
    Magic Tile A is for row 4, so you only use this tile if row 4 has an odd number of bad tiles in it. You have already cleared row 4, so you don't need to worry about this tile.
  • Magic Tile B (Green)
    This is the correct answer. There are an odd number of bad tiles in row 5, so you need to use Magic Tile B.
  • Magic Tile C (Blue)
    Magic Tile C is for row 6, and there are still bad tiles in row 5. You need to deal with row 5 before you even think about what to do for row 6.
  • None, clear row 5
    You're probably counting all the bad tiles on the board. You need to count only the bad tiles in the row you're trying to clear. In this case, there are 3 bad tiles, which is an odd number, so you need to use the magic tile.
  • It depends...
    You're overthinking it! We're on row 5, because everything above it is cleared. It doesn't matter what you did before; all that matters is how many bad tiles are in row 5.
  • Other
    PM me with all four of your answers and I'll figure out what's wrong.
Reserved.
Reserved.
Reserved.
Reserved.
Reserved.
Reserved.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25