Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | A Newbie's BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
1 2 3 4 5 6

@EeveeDream

Thanks for explaining that! It seems I put together a team of all natural born fighters. Now, to try and salvage them.

@EeveeDream

Thanks for explaining that! It seems I put together a team of all natural born fighters. Now, to try and salvage them.
p5S2w8m.gifGvdeBPH.gift4WZbnC.gifGLqljBH.gifoAdfhjn.gif
@Meadbhb
No problem!
@Meadbhb
No problem!
newbi here helps a lot thank you
newbi here helps a lot thank you
Woah! This would have been really useful for me back when I was a noob. I would have been utterly lost if I didn't have a friend who plays already. She was a big help, showed me Culex's training guide and kindly brought my dragons up to level 12. Culex's guide was all well and good, but I didn't have any eliminates. I searched far and wide for a guide that didn't need eliminate-- but most of them were, honestly, a bit hard to understand. So I stuck to Culex's guide, in lower venues than what he recommended scratching the enemies to death. It worked-- really slowly. It probably wasn't the best use of my coli time either. Now, I'm lucky. Won an elim from a raffle, and finally saved up enough gems to buy one. But I can appreciate a simple guide like this that breaks down quite clearly how the coli works to a complete noob. Good job! Keep it up. I do have a few tips though-- equip all physical fighters with their respective elemental might fragment as soon as possible. They're not expensive (except for arcane and plague, but even then not *too* much). Or an obsidian might fragment. NOT the normal might fragment though, as it doesn't boost stats as much. Basically what Culex says in his guide. I found elemental might fragments to be a cheap and easy way to boost stats. e.g. [item= Magical Might Fragment] NOT [item= Might Fragment] Similarly, as soon as your dragons are level 16, equip berserkers if possible. Now, this stone is a bit more expensive, but it is very useful. The might fragments are OK, but berserkers are just that much better. [item= Berserker] On the flipside, if training a mage, follow the same steps but with elemental acuity fragments and the scholar stone. [item= Magical Acuity Fragment][item= Scholar] AND use Ambushes! They are [i]very[/i] useful, allowing you to get up to two extra turns per dragon each round, which is quite crucial to avoid extraneous hits. Especially if you can't just eliminate the enemies quickly. [item= Ambush] These stones are expensive, right? Where is a noob gonna get this stuff? Pinkerton is your friend!! Pinkerton has given me so many Berserkers and Ambushes. My three-dragon coli team's stones are Pinkerton-funded. I haven't had to buy a single one of these. I mean, I could just be [i]really[/i] lucky, but to me it seems he gives them out with a fairly high chance. And, selling coli loot is a good way to get money. Then you can invest it into more battle stones, which will net you higher profit, which will get you more funds for the coli... until maybe, eventually, you can afford an eliminate. You've done a really good job so far! IpThese are just some suggestions I had, and you're free to simplify it if you want.
Woah! This would have been really useful for me back when I was a noob.
I would have been utterly lost if I didn't have a friend who plays already. She was a big help, showed me Culex's training guide and kindly brought my dragons up to level 12.
Culex's guide was all well and good, but I didn't have any eliminates. I searched far and wide for a guide that didn't need eliminate-- but most of them were, honestly, a bit hard to understand.
So I stuck to Culex's guide, in lower venues than what he recommended scratching the enemies to death.
It worked-- really slowly. It probably wasn't the best use of my coli time either.
Now, I'm lucky. Won an elim from a raffle, and finally saved up enough gems to buy one. But I can appreciate a simple guide like this that breaks down quite clearly how the coli works to a complete noob.
Good job! Keep it up. I do have a few tips though-- equip all physical fighters with their respective elemental might fragment as soon as possible. They're not expensive (except for arcane and plague, but even then not *too* much). Or an obsidian might fragment. NOT the normal might fragment though, as it doesn't boost stats as much. Basically what Culex says in his guide. I found elemental might fragments to be a cheap and easy way to boost stats.
e.g.
Magical Might Fragment

NOT
Might Fragment

Similarly, as soon as your dragons are level 16, equip berserkers if possible. Now, this stone is a bit more expensive, but it is very useful. The might fragments are OK, but berserkers are just that much better.

Berserker

On the flipside, if training a mage, follow the same steps but with elemental acuity fragments and the scholar stone.

Magical Acuity Fragment Scholar

AND use Ambushes! They are very useful, allowing you to get up to two extra turns per dragon each round, which is quite crucial to avoid extraneous hits. Especially if you can't just eliminate the enemies quickly.

Ambush

These stones are expensive, right? Where is a noob gonna get this stuff?

Pinkerton is your friend!!

Pinkerton has given me so many Berserkers and Ambushes. My three-dragon coli team's stones are Pinkerton-funded. I haven't had to buy a single one of these. I mean, I could just be really lucky, but to me it seems he gives them out with a fairly high chance.

And, selling coli loot is a good way to get money. Then you can invest it into more battle stones, which will net you higher profit, which will get you more funds for the coli... until maybe, eventually, you can afford an eliminate.

You've done a really good job so far! IpThese are just some suggestions I had, and you're free to simplify it if you want.

__snek, snek, let down your necc
_ 5RUhw7e.gifmISblcI.gifXjw0MAJ.gif
@hedwighufflepuff
Thank you for the additions!!
@hedwighufflepuff
Thank you for the additions!!
@EeveeDream

Thank you for making this guide! So, I got this question on Tomo's Trivia Tablet asking which element would deal the most damage to a Light-element enemy. The answer was lightning, and I was wondering if this applies to only Lightning dragons, or if dragons with other elements do better/worse against enemies of different elements. Is there a place on the game where the strengths and weaknesses of each element are listed?
@EeveeDream

Thank you for making this guide! So, I got this question on Tomo's Trivia Tablet asking which element would deal the most damage to a Light-element enemy. The answer was lightning, and I was wondering if this applies to only Lightning dragons, or if dragons with other elements do better/worse against enemies of different elements. Is there a place on the game where the strengths and weaknesses of each element are listed?
TVFeljP.png About Me
FR+0
@diamondsnake7 There is an elemental strength and weaknesses chart in another coli guide! Let me see if I can find it. All the elements have [i]at least[/i] 2 weaknesses, last I remember. Edit: found this chart by @princessnorn [img]https://i.gyazo.com/7c1f0b7749cfbb4cfc45067610cb8612.png[/img]
@diamondsnake7
There is an elemental strength and weaknesses chart in another coli guide! Let me see if I can find it. All the elements have at least 2 weaknesses, last I remember.

Edit: found this chart by @princessnorn

7c1f0b7749cfbb4cfc45067610cb8612.png
Updated the guide a bit! No one told me that I put to add points in "INT instead of QCK" rather than "INT instead of STR", so hopefully you guys dont have some very slow mages [emoji=guardian tongue size=1] I also mentioned that there are 20 venues instead of 19, as this guide was written before the Thunderhead Savannah
Updated the guide a bit! No one told me that I put to add points in "INT instead of QCK" rather than "INT instead of STR", so hopefully you guys dont have some very slow mages I also mentioned that there are 20 venues instead of 19, as this guide was written before the Thunderhead Savannah
Bookmark!
Bookmark!
ezgif-6-5300d5953b70.gif
@frozen224

this may help
@frozen224

this may help
1 2 3 4 5 6