Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Exalting and You: a PSA
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Wowza Yowza! This is a fantastic PSA!

When I first started playing, it broke my heart to exalt a dragon...but then....DOM!
There are a few dragons, very few, that I wish I hadn't exalted.
My strategy now is to save an image of the dragon if I am on the fence about exalting...then at least I will always have that!
Wowza Yowza! This is a fantastic PSA!

When I first started playing, it broke my heart to exalt a dragon...but then....DOM!
There are a few dragons, very few, that I wish I hadn't exalted.
My strategy now is to save an image of the dragon if I am on the fence about exalting...then at least I will always have that!
PyeohlG.png
Yeah, they're never really gone as long as you can find them via the search. Hi Zorlin, I still miss you. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=dragon&id=0&did=492748][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4928/492748_350.png[/img][/url] In other news, I remembered that hiding exalted offspring lists was very very briefly a thing in 2014, so I'm adding it on to the section about unnamed exalts: [quote] If there are nameless or weirdly named exalts stuck on your dragon's lineage, unfortunately there is no way to hide those right now- the admins tried this feature out [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1265996/1]back in 2014[/url] and it caused the whole site to lag. We may see it return as the recode continues, who knows? For now, naming dragons yourself is still your best bet. [/quote]
Yeah, they're never really gone as long as you can find them via the search. Hi Zorlin, I still miss you.

492748_350.png

In other news, I remembered that hiding exalted offspring lists was very very briefly a thing in 2014, so I'm adding it on to the section about unnamed exalts:
Quote:
If there are nameless or weirdly named exalts stuck on your dragon's lineage, unfortunately there is no way to hide those right now- the admins tried this feature out back in 2014 and it caused the whole site to lag. We may see it return as the recode continues, who knows? For now, naming dragons yourself is still your best bet.

This was a nice read! I had forgotten how strongly I felt about exalting dragons when I first joined FR (actually, even selling those kindly gifted dragons made me feel sad?). Maybe the game needs more depictions of dragons serving the deities or something, to start changing the image of the exalting future.
This was a nice read! I had forgotten how strongly I felt about exalting dragons when I first joined FR (actually, even selling those kindly gifted dragons made me feel sad?). Maybe the game needs more depictions of dragons serving the deities or something, to start changing the image of the exalting future.
tumblr_ozmf6hXuAf1vhvn1lo1_250.gif
A major update to the guide with the recent release of the self-service [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/support/dragon-restoration]Dragon Restoration[/url] page! This is huge, and should take a lot of pressure off players but I would still recommend thinking carefully about the dragons you choose to exalt, since the service is not without its limits. [quote] [b]Is exalting permanent? What if I exalt a dragon by accident?[/b] You can't just bring any exalted dragon back anytime you want, but there are exceptions: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/festive/new.png[/img] As of October 25, 2017, it is possible for players to use [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/support/dragon-restoration]this form[/url] to have either their progens or recently exalted dragons returned without the hassle of using Contact Us. As stated on the page, there are some restrictions- you need to have available space in your lair, and while progens are free to restore, other dragons require a treasure fee. Non-progen dragons must also be recent exalts (within the past 14 days) and you can only restore one every 90 days. Despite these exceptions, [u]you should consider exalting a permanent decision.[/u] Think carefully before you click. [/quote] Exalting is even less like death than before :P
A major update to the guide with the recent release of the self-service Dragon Restoration page! This is huge, and should take a lot of pressure off players but I would still recommend thinking carefully about the dragons you choose to exalt, since the service is not without its limits.
Quote:
Is exalting permanent? What if I exalt a dragon by accident?

You can't just bring any exalted dragon back anytime you want, but there are exceptions:

new.png As of October 25, 2017, it is possible for players to use this form to have either their progens or recently exalted dragons returned without the hassle of using Contact Us.

As stated on the page, there are some restrictions- you need to have available space in your lair, and while progens are free to restore, other dragons require a treasure fee. Non-progen dragons must also be recent exalts (within the past 14 days) and you can only restore one every 90 days.

Despite these exceptions, you should consider exalting a permanent decision.
Think carefully before you click.

Exalting is even less like death than before :P
Wow thank you this is so helpful!
Wow thank you this is so helpful!
4W0Ys.gif
This is awesome. Really, fantastic job! Makes me feel better about "restarting" my lair.... I did save pictures and lore, at least!
This is awesome. Really, fantastic job! Makes me feel better about "restarting" my lair.... I did save pictures and lore, at least!
fwJsX2d.png
[/columns]
I had a hard time exalting the dragons I bred in my lair until I imagined they were going off to the deity to develop their careers. I imagine my dragons are musicians, artists, craftsmen, diplomats, consultants, all sorts of things. It makes it easier. :)

It's also hard to exalt really pretty dragons, but like a friend told me, there will always be more pretty dragons. ;)
I had a hard time exalting the dragons I bred in my lair until I imagined they were going off to the deity to develop their careers. I imagine my dragons are musicians, artists, craftsmen, diplomats, consultants, all sorts of things. It makes it easier. :)

It's also hard to exalt really pretty dragons, but like a friend told me, there will always be more pretty dragons. ;)
MlmX2Dr.pngfrqaMSP.gifIYKLZV7.gif
This is the information I've been looking for!

The official section in the encyclopedia never actually specified that exalted dragons leave the lair. There were some dragons I considered exalting to free up lair space, but didn't want them removed from active play if I still had them taking up room.

Knowing the deets definitely takes off the nervous edge!
This is the information I've been looking for!

The official section in the encyclopedia never actually specified that exalted dragons leave the lair. There were some dragons I considered exalting to free up lair space, but didn't want them removed from active play if I still had them taking up room.

Knowing the deets definitely takes off the nervous edge!
A bump for this as new people come onto the site everyday and this is important.
A bump for this as new people come onto the site everyday and this is important.
809PcaV.png Introverted
Observant
Thinking
Judging
Assertive
floating_hearts_ace_by_awesomewaffle11-dczfieo.gif
#UnamedisValid
TrydZDi.png
WKtl2lb.png

pyAp3dI.png
HjfaxvA.png
Bump! This is important