Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [LORE]Dragon Variants by Flight
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
@Tinytalkingtina
@StarSilver

Thank you for contributing! Sorry for the late response

@owlisholive
sure thing!
@Tinytalkingtina
@StarSilver

Thank you for contributing! Sorry for the late response

@owlisholive
sure thing!
Revamp 3.0!
p0c3JDft.png
Other Things by Me
Clan Lore Masterpost || Kintsukuroi ice sub
Lore Hub: Dragon Variants by Flight - OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS
@sunnytoxicbunny This is really cool! I've got two headcannons you can put in if you want, both concerning Water dragons.

The first is:
Water Tundras have a thick coat of hair covering their entire body. It's dense and works like the coat of a seal or sea-lion, creating a layer of trapped air that keeps them warm and makes them waterproof. I also imagine that the male's mane is not as 'floofy' as those in other flights, to make them more streamlined.

The second is:
While in other Flights the sharply defined ribs of Mirrors are just that, in Water Mirrors they are actually gill slits. They breathe in water like air, but instead of breathing the water out, it is instead pumped out of the lungs through the gill slits, and this is how they breath. They can switch to breathing air like a normal dragon when they're not in the water, but they will need to get rid of all the water in their lungs first to do so.
@sunnytoxicbunny This is really cool! I've got two headcannons you can put in if you want, both concerning Water dragons.

The first is:
Water Tundras have a thick coat of hair covering their entire body. It's dense and works like the coat of a seal or sea-lion, creating a layer of trapped air that keeps them warm and makes them waterproof. I also imagine that the male's mane is not as 'floofy' as those in other flights, to make them more streamlined.

The second is:
While in other Flights the sharply defined ribs of Mirrors are just that, in Water Mirrors they are actually gill slits. They breathe in water like air, but instead of breathing the water out, it is instead pumped out of the lungs through the gill slits, and this is how they breath. They can switch to breathing air like a normal dragon when they're not in the water, but they will need to get rid of all the water in their lungs first to do so.
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
SgonDOb.pngOvfZqTx.gif2im8gtl.png
I like this and want to keep it in my head.
I like this and want to keep it in my head.
Sanidars_Sorrow.png[/left] FObX7rS.png rix3ppo.png Most of my Permas are in my HibDen, please check there for Forum Games too please.
Bump to bring this back to life!
Bump to bring this back to life!
Revamp 3.0!
p0c3JDft.png
Other Things by Me
@Violetah

Thank you for contributing!
@Violetah

Thank you for contributing!
Revamp 3.0!
p0c3JDft.png
Other Things by Me
@SunnyToxicBunny
Flight: Plague

Breed: Wildclaw

Headcanons or art work: "It has been noticed by researchers that specifically wildclaws born in the plague flight. These wildclaws, when they scream, plants around them start to wilt, killing the ground and many other living things. A caution should be had when a plague wildclaw is enraged."
@SunnyToxicBunny
Flight: Plague

Breed: Wildclaw

Headcanons or art work: "It has been noticed by researchers that specifically wildclaws born in the plague flight. These wildclaws, when they scream, plants around them start to wilt, killing the ground and many other living things. A caution should be had when a plague wildclaw is enraged."
Sanidars_Sorrow.png[/left] FObX7rS.png rix3ppo.png Most of my Permas are in my HibDen, please check there for Forum Games too please.
@demonicsylveon pinging myself for future
@demonicsylveon pinging myself for future
SPOILER_9d84796a-11b0-463e-81c5-003e1d7d0d4c.png
@SunnyToxicBunny
Flight: Lightning
Breed: Imperial
Headcanon:
Not much, but: Lightning Imperials tend to be slimmer of build, with smaller antlers and wings than those of other flights. This is for two reasons, one is ease of navigating the inspired chaos of the Lightning Farm. While the second is simple survival... Large dragons tend to attract large amounts of electricity and static. In short, large Imperials either fly low to the ground or stop flying, usually right after a loud bang or scream.

Breed: Spiral
Headcanon: Never, ever lair in Carrion Canyon. Rock + Spirals = Bad idea
They love chasing small animals and scorpions through the sands of the Canyon floor and Highland Scrub though.

-Feel free to ignore this idea if it's morbid, but lightning isn't a forgiving element. If this is added to the pile of headcanon, please remove this part-
@SunnyToxicBunny
Breed: Imperial
Headcanon:
Not much, but: Lightning Imperials tend to be slimmer of build, with smaller antlers and wings than those of other flights. This is for two reasons, one is ease of navigating the inspired chaos of the Lightning Farm. While the second is simple survival... Large dragons tend to attract large amounts of electricity and static. In short, large Imperials either fly low to the ground or stop flying, usually right after a loud bang or scream.

Breed: Spiral
Headcanon: Never, ever lair in Carrion Canyon. Rock + Spirals = Bad idea
They love chasing small animals and scorpions through the sands of the Canyon floor and Highland Scrub though.

-Feel free to ignore this idea if it's morbid, but lightning isn't a forgiving element. If this is added to the pile of headcanon, please remove this part-
tDeKDnH.pngsGxABHj.png
@Lyathali

All headcanons are added ^^ even if they aren't all sweet and happy, thank you for contributing
@Lyathali

All headcanons are added ^^ even if they aren't all sweet and happy, thank you for contributing
Revamp 3.0!
p0c3JDft.png
Other Things by Me
@SunnyToxicBunny
Flight: Wind
Breed: Bogsneak
Headcanon: Bogsneaks often find the Wind territory unpleasant, but some have found a home at the very bottom of the fractures in the Reedcleft Ascent. They carve out caves next to the rapids, only venturing to the surface to hunt and gather supplies. They do have the desire to roam common among all Wind dragons, but that can usually be satisfied by digging multiple caves and periodically moving moving between them.
@SunnyToxicBunny
Flight: Wind
Breed: Bogsneak
Headcanon: Bogsneaks often find the Wind territory unpleasant, but some have found a home at the very bottom of the fractures in the Reedcleft Ascent. They carve out caves next to the rapids, only venturing to the surface to hunt and gather supplies. They do have the desire to roam common among all Wind dragons, but that can usually be satisfied by digging multiple caves and periodically moving moving between them.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23