Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [LORE]Dragon Variants by Flight
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23
@SunnyToxicBunny

Sure ^^ I like reading through them anyways and it's helpful to develop new characters.
@SunnyToxicBunny

Sure ^^ I like reading through them anyways and it's helpful to develop new characters.
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
@qwigoqwaga

Thanks i appreciate it! Do so at your leisure tho !
@qwigoqwaga

Thanks i appreciate it! Do so at your leisure tho !
Revamp 3.0!
p0c3JDft.png
Other Things by Me
Clan Lore Masterpost || Kintsukuroi ice sub
Lore Hub: Dragon Variants by Flight - OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS
@DoctorRosalia
@vanilladew

Thank you for contributing!
@DoctorRosalia
@vanilladew

Thank you for contributing!
Revamp 3.0!
p0c3JDft.png
Other Things by Me
@SunnyToxicBunny
For some reason I'm feeling inspired to write some Water-themed headcanons, haha. Forgive this long post.

Flight: Water
Breed: Snapper
Headcanons: While most Snappers are terrestrial by nature and prefer to dwell in clans that are primarily on land, it is possible for them to adapt to an aquatic environment given enough time. Snappers that live within the Water region are typically much lighter than their land-bound cousins to allow them to be buoyant in the waters they call home. They typically swim much like whales do, by undulating their body up and down and using their wings to steer. Snappers who are accustomed to living in water may be clumsy on land.

Breed: Bogsneak
Headcanons: As Bogsneaks prefer damp environments, they are rather common within the Water region. Bogsneaks who live here tend to build their dens out of coral reefs, using the barbed plants as protection to keep intruders at bay. They are particularly territorial over their coral nests, launching surprise attacks at anyone who ventures too close to their dwelling. Bogsneaks who live in the same area may compete with one another over the prettiest coral to make their nests in.

Breed: Ridgeback
Headcanons: Ridgebacks are not commonly found within the Water region due to the species' general distaste for water, however a certain sub-group has split into the water region. These Ridgebacks have deduced that living within the Sea of a Thousand Currents is particularly useful for gathering food, however most do not live within the sea itself; instead building limestone caves along the shoreline to rest in. These Ridgebacks tend to have naturally shinier scales, minimizing the need to bask in the sun and sand.

Breed: Coatl
Headcanons: Water-based Coatls are covered with a water-resistant down that repels water while they swim, allowing them to move through the water with relative ease. While they are rather close to the Ashfall Waste and could easily return there to rear their nest, most Coatl instead choose to hatch their nests near volcanic hot springs that line the border between the Sea of a Thousand Currents and the Ashfall Waste. This allows the offspring a greater chance of being born with the downy plumage that allows them to move through the water with such ease.
@SunnyToxicBunny
For some reason I'm feeling inspired to write some Water-themed headcanons, haha. Forgive this long post.

Breed: Snapper
Headcanons: While most Snappers are terrestrial by nature and prefer to dwell in clans that are primarily on land, it is possible for them to adapt to an aquatic environment given enough time. Snappers that live within the Water region are typically much lighter than their land-bound cousins to allow them to be buoyant in the waters they call home. They typically swim much like whales do, by undulating their body up and down and using their wings to steer. Snappers who are accustomed to living in water may be clumsy on land.

Breed: Bogsneak
Headcanons: As Bogsneaks prefer damp environments, they are rather common within the Water region. Bogsneaks who live here tend to build their dens out of coral reefs, using the barbed plants as protection to keep intruders at bay. They are particularly territorial over their coral nests, launching surprise attacks at anyone who ventures too close to their dwelling. Bogsneaks who live in the same area may compete with one another over the prettiest coral to make their nests in.

Breed: Ridgeback
Headcanons: Ridgebacks are not commonly found within the Water region due to the species' general distaste for water, however a certain sub-group has split into the water region. These Ridgebacks have deduced that living within the Sea of a Thousand Currents is particularly useful for gathering food, however most do not live within the sea itself; instead building limestone caves along the shoreline to rest in. These Ridgebacks tend to have naturally shinier scales, minimizing the need to bask in the sun and sand.

Breed: Coatl
Headcanons: Water-based Coatls are covered with a water-resistant down that repels water while they swim, allowing them to move through the water with relative ease. While they are rather close to the Ashfall Waste and could easily return there to rear their nest, most Coatl instead choose to hatch their nests near volcanic hot springs that line the border between the Sea of a Thousand Currents and the Ashfall Waste. This allows the offspring a greater chance of being born with the downy plumage that allows them to move through the water with such ease.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
@SunnyToxicBunny
Flight: Fire
Breed: Skydancer
Headcanon:
Skydancers of the Fire Flight have one noticable difference for their various counterparts, instead of their orb being translucent or gem-like it takes on a metallic color and feel. It is also noted that Fire Skydancers have more pointed antennae, it's been theorized that the naturally hot-blooded and passionate natures of Fire dragons have caused some difference in their innate empathy but all asked pointedly refuse to say. Fire Skydancers are known for their special kind of colliering where they dive into the burning woods of the Scorched Forest and retrieve coals and embers for smiths to use. Their Wind roots help them interpret the change of winds and avoid being trapped or sucked up by changing air currents and pressure. The job is highly honored because of it's dangerous nature as while their Fire element prevents damage from fire itself the potential falls from great heights are still deadly.
@SunnyToxicBunny
Flight: Fire
Breed: Skydancer
Headcanon:
Skydancers of the Fire Flight have one noticable difference for their various counterparts, instead of their orb being translucent or gem-like it takes on a metallic color and feel. It is also noted that Fire Skydancers have more pointed antennae, it's been theorized that the naturally hot-blooded and passionate natures of Fire dragons have caused some difference in their innate empathy but all asked pointedly refuse to say. Fire Skydancers are known for their special kind of colliering where they dive into the burning woods of the Scorched Forest and retrieve coals and embers for smiths to use. Their Wind roots help them interpret the change of winds and avoid being trapped or sucked up by changing air currents and pressure. The job is highly honored because of it's dangerous nature as while their Fire element prevents damage from fire itself the potential falls from great heights are still deadly.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@*******

Long Posts are welcome c:
Thanks again for adding to this~
@*******

Long Posts are welcome c:
Thanks again for adding to this~
Revamp 3.0!
p0c3JDft.png
Other Things by Me
@SunnyToxicBunny

i have about two weeks of free time so!! i'll try to draw some of these!
@SunnyToxicBunny

i have about two weeks of free time so!! i'll try to draw some of these!
@Tanagwal

Awesome :D I look forward to it!
@Tanagwal

Awesome :D I look forward to it!
Revamp 3.0!
p0c3JDft.png
Other Things by Me
@SunnyToxicBunny oh yeah and these arent going to be beautiful works of art [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/a061/f/2016/354/f/3/earthcoatl_by_tanagwal-das9cpu.png[/img] a dusty boy fresh from the mines some bonus physical differences - the [b]head crest[/b] is usually lowered for easy travel through tunnels. the [b]buttwings[/b] (?) are unusually dexterous, and are used as an extra pair of back legs to move dirt. the [b]claws[/b] are more blunt than the average coatl's, but only because they're worn down while digging. earth coatls remain in close contact with their fire cousins, so there [b]aren't any vast physical differences.[/b]
@SunnyToxicBunny
oh yeah and these arent going to be beautiful works of art

earthcoatl_by_tanagwal-das9cpu.png
a dusty boy fresh from the mines
some bonus physical differences - the head crest is usually lowered for easy travel through tunnels. the buttwings (?) are unusually dexterous, and are used as an extra pair of back legs to move dirt. the claws are more blunt than the average coatl's, but only because they're worn down while digging. earth coatls remain in close contact with their fire cousins, so there aren't any vast physical differences.
@SunnyToxicBunny
Um...did you miss my post or have you just not been able to add it properly?
@SunnyToxicBunny
Um...did you miss my post or have you just not been able to add it properly?
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23