Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Optimal exalting levels & times
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Sylvandyr Honestly, I'm looking forward to going through the math on this too. The only math I haven't taken is Linear Alg. (Which I shooouuuuuuld sometime.) I've always loved Stats (especially probability~!<3), so this is going to be fun.

The only thing I can think of right off the bat is spreedsheets are inherently a pain for some people, so if there was an infographic, that'd probably be very helpful.
@Sylvandyr Honestly, I'm looking forward to going through the math on this too. The only math I haven't taken is Linear Alg. (Which I shooouuuuuuld sometime.) I've always loved Stats (especially probability~!<3), so this is going to be fun.

The only thing I can think of right off the bat is spreedsheets are inherently a pain for some people, so if there was an infographic, that'd probably be very helpful.
0JEQL3a.png
@LilyBound - Ah, good point, thanks! Adding a dynamic graph that updates depending on the given values could help with visualizing the data. Since there are multiple parameters for the profit per minute value, it'll be hard to do a bunch of static values for reference images, but that might be something to do for a "normal week" values, at least. It won't represent arbitrary custom values for buy threads, but average exalt payout from the game at least doesn't change. I'll have to think about this.
@LilyBound - Ah, good point, thanks! Adding a dynamic graph that updates depending on the given values could help with visualizing the data. Since there are multiple parameters for the profit per minute value, it'll be hard to do a bunch of static values for reference images, but that might be something to do for a "normal week" values, at least. It won't represent arbitrary custom values for buy threads, but average exalt payout from the game at least doesn't change. I'll have to think about this.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Sylvandyr

Pretty much that--I'm willing to be that a lot of FR's user base wouldn't want to read anything too long or even have to keep track of their own values.

Honestly, if you just found the average values for keeping a 4k-5k-6k hatchling from the AH a few days vs breeding your own (taking into account the lair space necessary of course), you'd probably have an expanded audience already.

This week the economy's gone crazy with the Dom battle, but there are usually enough hatchlings at that price.

(Haven't gotten to reading sorry, so this next part might be redundant.) What if you took the average times for a dragon to get to said level for Mire and Kelp Beds from scratch based on the most popular standardized builds (ie Culex?)? That way a lot of people could just read it at a glance or maybe even have a flow chart, which would provide some customized advice.
@Sylvandyr

Pretty much that--I'm willing to be that a lot of FR's user base wouldn't want to read anything too long or even have to keep track of their own values.

Honestly, if you just found the average values for keeping a 4k-5k-6k hatchling from the AH a few days vs breeding your own (taking into account the lair space necessary of course), you'd probably have an expanded audience already.

This week the economy's gone crazy with the Dom battle, but there are usually enough hatchlings at that price.

(Haven't gotten to reading sorry, so this next part might be redundant.) What if you took the average times for a dragon to get to said level for Mire and Kelp Beds from scratch based on the most popular standardized builds (ie Culex?)? That way a lot of people could just read it at a glance or maybe even have a flow chart, which would provide some customized advice.
0JEQL3a.png
@LilyBound - The problem with using specific average times is that everyone has drastically different ones. The way people use builds adds a lot of variance, but so does latency for battle load lag and such, which may not be noticeable but really really adds up. However, I could make a note that, given an optimal use of a build, such and such is a general pattern and I'm using my own numbers but numbers will vary per user depending on factors like lag. It may not be helpful to some people, but it would give an idea, does that sound fair?
@LilyBound - The problem with using specific average times is that everyone has drastically different ones. The way people use builds adds a lot of variance, but so does latency for battle load lag and such, which may not be noticeable but really really adds up. However, I could make a note that, given an optimal use of a build, such and such is a general pattern and I'm using my own numbers but numbers will vary per user depending on factors like lag. It may not be helpful to some people, but it would give an idea, does that sound fair?
@Sylvandyr Yes, I understand that. I'm just making a suggestion aimed to help the demographic that wouldn't be helped by this guide otherwise.

It's a good guide, but a lot of people will think of this as too much reading/trouble.
@Sylvandyr Yes, I understand that. I'm just making a suggestion aimed to help the demographic that wouldn't be helped by this guide otherwise.

It's a good guide, but a lot of people will think of this as too much reading/trouble.
0JEQL3a.png
@LilyBound - I understand that, and I plan to take the suggestion. I was asking if it would make sense if I used my numbers and made a note that there would be variance.
@LilyBound - I understand that, and I plan to take the suggestion. I was asking if it would make sense if I used my numbers and made a note that there would be variance.
@Sylvandyr Tone is really hard to tell from text then, sorry! Yes, it makes sense to use your numbers, and I highly doubt most people would care about the variance.

Edit: Somehow what I was thinking got typed into "wouldn't," so I had to change that. Opps~! But seriously consider a flow chart, or just link to a basic set of conditions. Like "Mire/buy hatchlings/build" and "Kelp/breed hatchlings/build"
@Sylvandyr Tone is really hard to tell from text then, sorry! Yes, it makes sense to use your numbers, and I highly doubt most people would care about the variance.

Edit: Somehow what I was thinking got typed into "wouldn't," so I had to change that. Opps~! But seriously consider a flow chart, or just link to a basic set of conditions. Like "Mire/buy hatchlings/build" and "Kelp/breed hatchlings/build"
0JEQL3a.png
@LilyBound - Ok, thanks. It'll be something that I work on.
@LilyBound - Ok, thanks. It'll be something that I work on.
@Sylvandyr

Made a edit, but ping me when you do? I'd love to see the results.
@Sylvandyr

Made a edit, but ping me when you do? I'd love to see the results.
0JEQL3a.png
@LilyBound - Sure, I can ping you when I get to it.
@LilyBound - Sure, I can ping you when I get to it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10