Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Optimal exalting levels & times
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Making a note that I'm working on updated Kelp Beds times (since the bosses have been added), but I keep getting distracted. Sorry! Eventually I'll replace the example Kelp Beds data with a more up-to-date sample.
Making a note that I'm working on updated Kelp Beds times (since the bosses have been added), but I keep getting distracted. Sorry! Eventually I'll replace the example Kelp Beds data with a more up-to-date sample.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Took me three months to stop being lazy, but I finally added some new updated times to my personal spreadsheets, for reference. Not like it should matter since people should be timing their own runs, but just for completeness!

I also changed the way I labeled the personal spreadsheets a bit, and divided some data into separate tabs rather than having everything jammed in the same tab for a horizontal / vertical scroll nightmare. Hopefully it's slightly easier to read now.
Took me three months to stop being lazy, but I finally added some new updated times to my personal spreadsheets, for reference. Not like it should matter since people should be timing their own runs, but just for completeness!

I also changed the way I labeled the personal spreadsheets a bit, and divided some data into separate tabs rather than having everything jammed in the same tab for a horizontal / vertical scroll nightmare. Hopefully it's slightly easier to read now.
@Sylvandyr Hey , umm could you tell me how the spreadsheet works, I couldn't understand how to use it. (sorry, but i really want to learn how to use it)
@Sylvandyr Hey , umm could you tell me how the spreadsheet works, I couldn't understand how to use it. (sorry, but i really want to learn how to use it)
NAA.gif54c7bc.png
@Zaid - Hello. :) First, go to the master spreadsheet and do File -> Make a Copy to have your own editable copy.

You basically want to use a stopwatch to time yourself per level, then enter your times into the appropriate columns on the right. For example, if it took you 55 seconds to level one dragon to 5 in the Kelp Beds, you would enter the number 0 into the "Lv.5 Min" column and 55 into the "Lv.5 Sec" column. As you enter data, more will be autocalculated.

On the left, those big levels in green can be safely edited without mucking with the spreadsheet. So if you're not interested in levels 4, 5, 6, 7, you can just edit them to say... 8, 10, 12, 15 or something. These will autoupdate the labels and formulae everywhere else, so you don't need to go edit a thousand labels once you change your levels or anything.

If you scroll down on the left side to the Avg. profit per dragon section, you'll see more safe-to-edit green areas under the Dragon cost column. Basically you can customize that to compare the prices you usually acquire fodder for. (So for example if you're not interested in 3000 T cost dragons, you could change it to 3500 T or whatever you want.) The Avg. profit per minute section above that will be autocalculated based upon what you edit in the safe green sections in the Avg. profit per dragon below. This area is what you want to scrutinize; it'll give you ideas on the best levels for those situations. (In some cases, as I mention in the Dragon supply section of my first post, leveling lower or higher than the "optimal" level on the spreadsheet actually nets you more money, but you must judge this based on how many dragons you're getting at particular prices. Or you can just ignore it.)

Here's an example spreadsheet that's already filled out. You'll see I filled out my times on the right. You'll also notice that sometimes I skipped recording times on different levels, that's totally okay! You'll also notice that the extra info columns in the tracking section ("Boss encounters") is different from the master spreadsheet ("Starting pack" / "Bad luck significant?"); those notes are optional, the only thing you really need to record is your times.

Here's a two-at-once Mire example filled out if you're interested in that build. You can do File -> Make a Copy for this one instead of the Master spreadsheet if you're using the two-at-once Mire build. The formulae have been updated to automatically divide by two for all the times recorded.

There are a ton of notes (the top right corner black half arrow things) in the relevant sections to explain stuff too.

If you have any specific questions about what's confusing you, please let me know! I'm not sure if I covered everything that you needed.
@Zaid - Hello. :) First, go to the master spreadsheet and do File -> Make a Copy to have your own editable copy.

You basically want to use a stopwatch to time yourself per level, then enter your times into the appropriate columns on the right. For example, if it took you 55 seconds to level one dragon to 5 in the Kelp Beds, you would enter the number 0 into the "Lv.5 Min" column and 55 into the "Lv.5 Sec" column. As you enter data, more will be autocalculated.

On the left, those big levels in green can be safely edited without mucking with the spreadsheet. So if you're not interested in levels 4, 5, 6, 7, you can just edit them to say... 8, 10, 12, 15 or something. These will autoupdate the labels and formulae everywhere else, so you don't need to go edit a thousand labels once you change your levels or anything.

If you scroll down on the left side to the Avg. profit per dragon section, you'll see more safe-to-edit green areas under the Dragon cost column. Basically you can customize that to compare the prices you usually acquire fodder for. (So for example if you're not interested in 3000 T cost dragons, you could change it to 3500 T or whatever you want.) The Avg. profit per minute section above that will be autocalculated based upon what you edit in the safe green sections in the Avg. profit per dragon below. This area is what you want to scrutinize; it'll give you ideas on the best levels for those situations. (In some cases, as I mention in the Dragon supply section of my first post, leveling lower or higher than the "optimal" level on the spreadsheet actually nets you more money, but you must judge this based on how many dragons you're getting at particular prices. Or you can just ignore it.)

Here's an example spreadsheet that's already filled out. You'll see I filled out my times on the right. You'll also notice that sometimes I skipped recording times on different levels, that's totally okay! You'll also notice that the extra info columns in the tracking section ("Boss encounters") is different from the master spreadsheet ("Starting pack" / "Bad luck significant?"); those notes are optional, the only thing you really need to record is your times.

Here's a two-at-once Mire example filled out if you're interested in that build. You can do File -> Make a Copy for this one instead of the Master spreadsheet if you're using the two-at-once Mire build. The formulae have been updated to automatically divide by two for all the times recorded.

There are a ton of notes (the top right corner black half arrow things) in the relevant sections to explain stuff too.

If you have any specific questions about what's confusing you, please let me know! I'm not sure if I covered everything that you needed.
@Sylvandyr Thank you so much , this helps out a lot^^
@Sylvandyr Thank you so much , this helps out a lot^^
NAA.gif54c7bc.png
@Zaid - No problem, let me know how it works out for you! :)
@Zaid - No problem, let me know how it works out for you! :)
I added another tab to the master sheet with an alternate way of adding in times, using Duration format rather than having the minutes and seconds split up. There are advantages / disadvantages to either way, and I talk about them in the first post.

I also moved the exalt payout chart to a new tab called References. It's still hooked up to the profit sections automatically, so you can edit custom values into the exalt payout chart. This should help with buy threads, and it also allows you to just add or remove exalt bonuses whenever you want.

I'm working on revamping this with pictures and stuff so that it'll be easier to read. Eventually. Like all the other things I'm working on. :P
I added another tab to the master sheet with an alternate way of adding in times, using Duration format rather than having the minutes and seconds split up. There are advantages / disadvantages to either way, and I talk about them in the first post.

I also moved the exalt payout chart to a new tab called References. It's still hooked up to the profit sections automatically, so you can edit custom values into the exalt payout chart. This should help with buy threads, and it also allows you to just add or remove exalt bonuses whenever you want.

I'm working on revamping this with pictures and stuff so that it'll be easier to read. Eventually. Like all the other things I'm working on. :P
Okay. I added some tips, fixed some outdated information, and moved stuff into separate posts / cleaned up the formatting a little. Hopefully it's easier to read now.

I'm still thinking about putting some images to help explain the spreadsheet section, though the other sections are kind of scary too. If anyone thinks there are any kinds of images they'd like to see in the other sections, let me know. I can't really think of helpful images for those sections, unfortunately. There's just a lot of text. I hope at least the formatting and rearrangement helps.
Okay. I added some tips, fixed some outdated information, and moved stuff into separate posts / cleaned up the formatting a little. Hopefully it's easier to read now.

I'm still thinking about putting some images to help explain the spreadsheet section, though the other sections are kind of scary too. If anyone thinks there are any kinds of images they'd like to see in the other sections, let me know. I can't really think of helpful images for those sections, unfortunately. There's just a lot of text. I hope at least the formatting and rearrangement helps.
@Sylvandyr

I <3 you.

@LilyBound

*pings self here to read later*
@Sylvandyr

I <3 you.

@LilyBound

*pings self here to read later*
0JEQL3a.png
@LilyBound - Whenever you get around to it, feel free to let me know if anything is unclear! I'm always looking to improve usability. :)
@LilyBound - Whenever you get around to it, feel free to let me know if anything is unclear! I'm always looking to improve usability. :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10