Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Optimal exalting levels & times
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Sylvandyr

How can I find the coordinates for mapping the keys?

Edit: It seems I can use Paint.

By the way, I noticed it's better to have dragons with different QCK in the Mire, since I get 3 turns in a row for Rallied Eliminate.
  1. Dragon A (40 QCK) Rally Dragon B
  2. Dragon B (41 QCK) Eliminate Monster 1
  3. Dragon B (41 QCK) Eliminate Monster 2
  4. Dragon B (41 QCK) Eliminate Monster 3
  5. Dragon A (40 QCK) -
@Sylvandyr

How can I find the coordinates for mapping the keys?

Edit: It seems I can use Paint.

By the way, I noticed it's better to have dragons with different QCK in the Mire, since I get 3 turns in a row for Rallied Eliminate.
  1. Dragon A (40 QCK) Rally Dragon B
  2. Dragon B (41 QCK) Eliminate Monster 1
  3. Dragon B (41 QCK) Eliminate Monster 2
  4. Dragon B (41 QCK) Eliminate Monster 3
  5. Dragon A (40 QCK) -
@Maki - Sorry for the slow response! Looks like you figured out the coordinates. (I wasn't as organized as you and I just kept trying coordinates on the screen and updating the script till it looked right.)

Yep, I use a mixed QCK team myself, though they're 46 and 55 so I don't get the three turn in a row thing. I like to have the 55 for Salve Kamaitachi, but it's not strong enough to Scratch + Eliminate Venomous Toridae, so I have the 46 to do the heavy lifting. (I tend to only Rally on two packs: both 4-packs, to try to minimize the animation time.)

I think I'm going to try your trick for a Kelp Beds team. Let's see... I have a 60 and 62 QCK dragon sitting in my lair right now. Wonder if that'll work with 2 QCK apart rather than 1? [EDIT]: Seems like with 60/62 QCK, you don't get the triple turn. Which is ok for Kelp Beds with lower STR since I can't Rally Scratch + Elim anything besides Maren Scout. And the 62 QCK dragon will be guaranteed to never fall behind the fastest mobs even if a lot of turns are taken, which could possibly be helpful for times of misses and Breath building. Functions almost identically to the double 60 QCK setup tho, aside from the insurance QCK at the cost of some VIT.
@Maki - Sorry for the slow response! Looks like you figured out the coordinates. (I wasn't as organized as you and I just kept trying coordinates on the screen and updating the script till it looked right.)

Yep, I use a mixed QCK team myself, though they're 46 and 55 so I don't get the three turn in a row thing. I like to have the 55 for Salve Kamaitachi, but it's not strong enough to Scratch + Eliminate Venomous Toridae, so I have the 46 to do the heavy lifting. (I tend to only Rally on two packs: both 4-packs, to try to minimize the animation time.)

I think I'm going to try your trick for a Kelp Beds team. Let's see... I have a 60 and 62 QCK dragon sitting in my lair right now. Wonder if that'll work with 2 QCK apart rather than 1? [EDIT]: Seems like with 60/62 QCK, you don't get the triple turn. Which is ok for Kelp Beds with lower STR since I can't Rally Scratch + Elim anything besides Maren Scout. And the 62 QCK dragon will be guaranteed to never fall behind the fastest mobs even if a lot of turns are taken, which could possibly be helpful for times of misses and Breath building. Functions almost identically to the double 60 QCK setup tho, aside from the insurance QCK at the cost of some VIT.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Okay, I changed some comments in the guide because augment stones (mostly) working have altered the game a bit.

I've made and linked a new personal Kelp Beds sheet. It's actually quite a good zone for leveling right now. I still need to add more data (with Berserker stone builds) to both zones, but so far, it's looking like Mire and Kelp Beds are roughly on par with the lv.5 times, and Kelp Beds pulls way ahead for lv.6 times. What's more, the current lv.6 average time is yielding significantly more profit per minute than lv.5, because the huge experience difference in the Kelp Beds starts to ramp up around lv.6.

My current conclusion (while I gather more data) is that I'll mainly be using the Kelp Beds for lv.6 and higher, and if I'm doing massive amounts of lv.5 exalts, I'll probably pick the Mire for consistency since it's almost impossible to get wiped from bad luck there. This also means that I'm very likely to switch to lv.6 for profit leveling, unless the average in the data slows down a lot after I collect a bigger sample.
Okay, I changed some comments in the guide because augment stones (mostly) working have altered the game a bit.

I've made and linked a new personal Kelp Beds sheet. It's actually quite a good zone for leveling right now. I still need to add more data (with Berserker stone builds) to both zones, but so far, it's looking like Mire and Kelp Beds are roughly on par with the lv.5 times, and Kelp Beds pulls way ahead for lv.6 times. What's more, the current lv.6 average time is yielding significantly more profit per minute than lv.5, because the huge experience difference in the Kelp Beds starts to ramp up around lv.6.

My current conclusion (while I gather more data) is that I'll mainly be using the Kelp Beds for lv.6 and higher, and if I'm doing massive amounts of lv.5 exalts, I'll probably pick the Mire for consistency since it's almost impossible to get wiped from bad luck there. This also means that I'm very likely to switch to lv.6 for profit leveling, unless the average in the data slows down a lot after I collect a bigger sample.
@Sylvandyr - Just want to mention there's a program that comes with AutoHotkey that will let you figure out the coordinates in an active window. The name of the program is Autolt3 Window Spy. It opens a window that looks blank until you click on another window, then it fills up with info about that second window. (Including neat stuff like what color is under your mouse.)
@Sylvandyr - Just want to mention there's a program that comes with AutoHotkey that will let you figure out the coordinates in an active window. The name of the program is Autolt3 Window Spy. It opens a window that looks blank until you click on another window, then it fills up with info about that second window. (Including neat stuff like what color is under your mouse.)
@Kiena - Thank you for that! I added it to the guide. I'm probably going to play around with it to help me make my coordinates more exactly centered.
@Kiena - Thank you for that! I added it to the guide. I'm probably going to play around with it to help me make my coordinates more exactly centered.
Edit: Since use of hotkey programs is currently prohibited, I'd rather not provide info on how to use them. Sorry!
Edit: Since use of hotkey programs is currently prohibited, I'd rather not provide info on how to use them. Sorry!
@Kasael
yoo, I appreciate the solution lmao. yours is definitely way tidier than mine. In my case i wrote the whole click and sleep thing for each button which was tiring to write, but yeah it was the only thing i could think of before lmao
Thanks tho I might use that to tidy up my script when I get the chance
@Kasael
yoo, I appreciate the solution lmao. yours is definitely way tidier than mine. In my case i wrote the whole click and sleep thing for each button which was tiring to write, but yeah it was the only thing i could think of before lmao
Thanks tho I might use that to tidy up my script when I get the chance
wsOW4pd.png
@dualDiscreet Okay, glad it was helpful.
@dualDiscreet Okay, glad it was helpful.
@dualDiscreet @Diabolacuna @Kasael @Niada @Maki Xhaztol has made a public statement here: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1199916&page=49 [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2014-10-01 16:41:32"] [quote]Is changing/mapping hotkeys are bannable offence? (Several users have been doing this because of the severe wrist pains caused by Coli grinding.)[/quote] For the time being, we have asked players to not use third party programs of this nature as most that have been brought to our attention allow for automation of gameplay, which is against our [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=tos][b]Terms of Use[/b][/url]. We understand that there is and has been a desire for players to use keyboard controls in the Coliseum, and that is feedback we are watching, gathering, and discussing. Ideally we would like to provide a solution that can both help these players and protect the integrity of the site, and if we have more information on that in the future, we will absolutely share it. I can assure you it is not falling on deaf ears, and is something we're taking seriously. [/quote] The official ruling is that, since the software *can* be used to bot, they ask us not to use this software, even if we're just using it for hotkeys. Unfortunate, but we gotta obey the rules. I will remove references to the software from my guide.
@dualDiscreet @Diabolacuna @Kasael @Niada @Maki

Xhaztol has made a public statement here:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1199916&page=49
Xhaztol wrote on 2014-10-01 16:41:32:
Quote:
Is changing/mapping hotkeys are bannable offence? (Several users have been doing this because of the severe wrist pains caused by Coli grinding.)

For the time being, we have asked players to not use third party programs of this nature as most that have been brought to our attention allow for automation of gameplay, which is against our Terms of Use. We understand that there is and has been a desire for players to use keyboard controls in the Coliseum, and that is feedback we are watching, gathering, and discussing. Ideally we would like to provide a solution that can both help these players and protect the integrity of the site, and if we have more information on that in the future, we will absolutely share it. I can assure you it is not falling on deaf ears, and is something we're taking seriously.

The official ruling is that, since the software *can* be used to bot, they ask us not to use this software, even if we're just using it for hotkeys.

Unfortunate, but we gotta obey the rules. I will remove references to the software from my guide.
@Sylvandyr Thank you for sharing the response and pinging me. I will edit my posts so as to not provide assistance with using the software.
@Sylvandyr Thank you for sharing the response and pinging me. I will edit my posts so as to not provide assistance with using the software.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10