Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 333 334 335 336 337 ... 471 472
Are the bolts and slash elemental abilities magical only attacks?
Are the bolts and slash elemental abilities magical only attacks?
@Skylurk

Hey, the only thing that matters in the coliseum is the element that your battling dragons are. Elements counter other elements, so some dragons might be weaker than others since they would take double the normal damage, and some dragons are stronger than others because they have resistance and only take half damage. You just need to know which elemental attacks are most frequent wherever you're battling. The breed of dragon doesn't matter (unless you care about what you're looking at most of the time).

As to whether your dragon is a fighter/mage caster, it really depends on the stones you equip. Scratch/Meditate/Anticipate are all stones that are equipped in the topmost stone slot (main attack), and you can only have 1 equipped. Scratch is used for fighters, Meditate is usually used for mage casters, and Anticipate is really only used in tank builds.
The second row for stones is used for battle stones, which include shred, sap, haste, rally, eliminate, ward, etc... Scratch wouldn't go here, it goes in the topmost slot. If you equip a stone over an already existing stone, it asks you if you're sure you want to overwrite it before then overwriting it. If you want your healer stone back (which is either regeneration or aid, not sure which you had), you have to get another regeneration/aid stone and overwrite the same slot.

Usually people go fighter dragons to start fighting in the coliseum, and that involves getting scratch as your main attack, with shred as your first starting battle stone (second row). You also usually want to equip elemental slash stones because they do more damage than shred (usually) and Sap which can heal your dragon for a portion of the damage it does. Haste and rally are very good, and eliminate is the best stone you can get (but very expensive).
If you want a mage caster to go alongside your dragons to keep them healed, aid and regeneration are good battle stones, and having haste and/or rally on them is also good. Their main attack should be Meditate.

To be honest, most guides go through the details of setting up your dragons, but they don't help walk you through the actions you take while fighting in the coliseum. Here are general rules for fighting in the coliseum:
1. Target melee attackers first. This is because they can hit you more often than caster enemies do.
2. Target enemies that attack fast. This is so that you get hit the least amount of times in a battle (works with rule #1, but sometimes conflicts with rule #1 as well)
3. Refresh if you're about to die instead of fleeing. This saves you the energy that's normally lost when fleeing.

These are the 3 general rules when fighting in the coliseum. Hopefully that helps :3

@rainbowteakitty

Hi, the bolt elemental abilities are based off of a dragon's INT value. So the higher the INT value, the more damage it does. It hits against an enemy's MND value, so the higher the enemy MND is, the less damage is done.
Slash elemental abilities are based off of a dragon's STR value. It hits against an enemy's DEF value.
@Skylurk

Hey, the only thing that matters in the coliseum is the element that your battling dragons are. Elements counter other elements, so some dragons might be weaker than others since they would take double the normal damage, and some dragons are stronger than others because they have resistance and only take half damage. You just need to know which elemental attacks are most frequent wherever you're battling. The breed of dragon doesn't matter (unless you care about what you're looking at most of the time).

As to whether your dragon is a fighter/mage caster, it really depends on the stones you equip. Scratch/Meditate/Anticipate are all stones that are equipped in the topmost stone slot (main attack), and you can only have 1 equipped. Scratch is used for fighters, Meditate is usually used for mage casters, and Anticipate is really only used in tank builds.
The second row for stones is used for battle stones, which include shred, sap, haste, rally, eliminate, ward, etc... Scratch wouldn't go here, it goes in the topmost slot. If you equip a stone over an already existing stone, it asks you if you're sure you want to overwrite it before then overwriting it. If you want your healer stone back (which is either regeneration or aid, not sure which you had), you have to get another regeneration/aid stone and overwrite the same slot.

Usually people go fighter dragons to start fighting in the coliseum, and that involves getting scratch as your main attack, with shred as your first starting battle stone (second row). You also usually want to equip elemental slash stones because they do more damage than shred (usually) and Sap which can heal your dragon for a portion of the damage it does. Haste and rally are very good, and eliminate is the best stone you can get (but very expensive).
If you want a mage caster to go alongside your dragons to keep them healed, aid and regeneration are good battle stones, and having haste and/or rally on them is also good. Their main attack should be Meditate.

To be honest, most guides go through the details of setting up your dragons, but they don't help walk you through the actions you take while fighting in the coliseum. Here are general rules for fighting in the coliseum:
1. Target melee attackers first. This is because they can hit you more often than caster enemies do.
2. Target enemies that attack fast. This is so that you get hit the least amount of times in a battle (works with rule #1, but sometimes conflicts with rule #1 as well)
3. Refresh if you're about to die instead of fleeing. This saves you the energy that's normally lost when fleeing.

These are the 3 general rules when fighting in the coliseum. Hopefully that helps :3

@rainbowteakitty

Hi, the bolt elemental abilities are based off of a dragon's INT value. So the higher the INT value, the more damage it does. It hits against an enemy's MND value, so the higher the enemy MND is, the less damage is done.
Slash elemental abilities are based off of a dragon's STR value. It hits against an enemy's DEF value.
uj5w35F.pngSvg7y.gifeZKAdNB.png
@brokenstone

Thank you so very much for that great explanation! I actually read and figured out some stuff, but the battle equip knowledge is really helpful. I've been mainly using just scratch since my pets are level 6. That's also great to hear i can just refresh instead of fleeing. Thank you so much again! I really appreciate it!
@brokenstone

Thank you so very much for that great explanation! I actually read and figured out some stuff, but the battle equip knowledge is really helpful. I've been mainly using just scratch since my pets are level 6. That's also great to hear i can just refresh instead of fleeing. Thank you so much again! I really appreciate it!
T3u4zFz.png
@brokenstone Thank you. :) I gave one of my fighters a bolt when they needed slash and I couldn't figure out why the attack was so expensive yet so weak.
@brokenstone Thank you. :) I gave one of my fighters a bolt when they needed slash and I couldn't figure out why the attack was so expensive yet so weak.
Wonderful guide! Thank you so much for putting in the time to create this for everyone!
Wonderful guide! Thank you so much for putting in the time to create this for everyone!
Gcgg04n.png
!!!!! This is so much easier than just hoping for the best
!!!!! This is so much easier than just hoping for the best

tRvB8Xn.png
mlHpBMC.png
E3nmoMt.png

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
UGt2QgY.png vjO547Q.png
SV9CXSe.png
Fjqort2.png
@tfdominator
@tfdominator
Very new to all of this. Should I farm the first two areas till i get Eliminate on all 3 of my dragons? (if I get that lucky) Or at least farm them till I have enough gold to buy. Since its damn expensive.
Very new to all of this. Should I farm the first two areas till i get Eliminate on all 3 of my dragons? (if I get that lucky) Or at least farm them till I have enough gold to buy. Since its damn expensive.
ice.gifWpjbI2U.gif
@nahiri you can. but if you want to you can just keep going and get them when you get them. my coli team is at 19 with no eliminates. its just a lot slower. and you have to feed more but it can be done
@nahiri you can. but if you want to you can just keep going and get them when you get them. my coli team is at 19 with no eliminates. its just a lot slower. and you have to feed more but it can be done
Lichtdrache.gif
@ctTup Yeah I have noticed its very slow going but getting there slowly with selling everything. Slow and steady wins the race right? haha. But thank you for the reply. =3
@ctTup Yeah I have noticed its very slow going but getting there slowly with selling everything. Slow and steady wins the race right? haha. But thank you for the reply. =3
ice.gifWpjbI2U.gif
1 2 ... 333 334 335 336 337 ... 471 472