Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 471 472
This guide is great. I just started my own glass cannon team and have gotten to level 19 in less than a day.
This guide is great. I just started my own glass cannon team and have gotten to level 19 in less than a day.
@LithiumJay @Culex Thank you so much for sharing this information with me!

I can understand the need of farming as quick as possible. I could have totally killed one mob with 3 scratches and make a 3v3 into a 3v2 in the first round and so limiting dmg done. The slow scratching process till you can use Eliminate was the vulnerable part of my team.

Would the use of a healer in a ladder team be effective? Is everyone mostly using though one-hit combos?

Currently, I only have one ambush stone, saving up as it is a bit pricy. Should I keep my healer with me till I fill up my dragon's stones?
@LithiumJay @Culex Thank you so much for sharing this information with me!

I can understand the need of farming as quick as possible. I could have totally killed one mob with 3 scratches and make a 3v3 into a 3v2 in the first round and so limiting dmg done. The slow scratching process till you can use Eliminate was the vulnerable part of my team.

Would the use of a healer in a ladder team be effective? Is everyone mostly using though one-hit combos?

Currently, I only have one ambush stone, saving up as it is a bit pricy. Should I keep my healer with me till I fill up my dragon's stones?
@Mariester

I have no comment on ladder teams, no experience there.

But yes, healers are great as a safety net during that slow build up period. Once you're built up, healers lose their usefulness even with strong stats in terms of damage, and will slow you down, but if you don't mind that- then go for it! It's all in playstyle preference ultimately.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to consider keeping a healer in team until you have fully stoned your dragons with ambushes, in fact that's what happened with my previous team (that had the healer I showed you above). Unfortunately for you new folks the stones are pricy and you haven't had time to farm up extras so it's reasonable to adjust to what you have rather than an ideal. =)

If I was in your situation I'd definitely just keep the healer in the team, at least until you get your other cannons set with double ambush each (or at least, have the stones ready for them if they aren't of level to use them yet). After that, I'd consider two options: shifting out your healer and start leveling up a third (they will sit around dead, but get lots of experience, while they catch up), or keeping the healer and leveling the team together until 25, and then dropping the healer if you feel comfortable duoing them together.

I've run duo cannons pretty successfully, they are a bit painful to level but even non-optimized, a duo glass cannon team can be just as effective as a trio.
@Mariester

I have no comment on ladder teams, no experience there.

But yes, healers are great as a safety net during that slow build up period. Once you're built up, healers lose their usefulness even with strong stats in terms of damage, and will slow you down, but if you don't mind that- then go for it! It's all in playstyle preference ultimately.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to consider keeping a healer in team until you have fully stoned your dragons with ambushes, in fact that's what happened with my previous team (that had the healer I showed you above). Unfortunately for you new folks the stones are pricy and you haven't had time to farm up extras so it's reasonable to adjust to what you have rather than an ideal. =)

If I was in your situation I'd definitely just keep the healer in the team, at least until you get your other cannons set with double ambush each (or at least, have the stones ready for them if they aren't of level to use them yet). After that, I'd consider two options: shifting out your healer and start leveling up a third (they will sit around dead, but get lots of experience, while they catch up), or keeping the healer and leveling the team together until 25, and then dropping the healer if you feel comfortable duoing them together.

I've run duo cannons pretty successfully, they are a bit painful to level but even non-optimized, a duo glass cannon team can be just as effective as a trio.
ypBEEZJ.png
@Culex

I know you have heard this a dozen and one times already but this guide has made my coliseum life a little easier. Thank you so much for taking the time to share!
@Culex

I know you have heard this a dozen and one times already but this guide has made my coliseum life a little easier. Thank you so much for taking the time to share!
Aw man! Ambush is so expensive. ;_;
Aw man! Ambush is so expensive. ;_;
@LithiumJay Thank you very much!!
@LithiumJay Thank you very much!!
This is a great guide.
This is a great guide.
I should have read this earlier and now my dragons are so messed upppp

tincture y u gotta be so expensive/creys
I should have read this earlier and now my dragons are so messed upppp

tincture y u gotta be so expensive/creys
@Culex
No doubt you've heard this a good few times now, but thank you for the guide! I got my first team to level 25 last night, and the coli has never been easier c: Once I can get three tinctures, they'll be complete! Thanks again!
@Culex
No doubt you've heard this a good few times now, but thank you for the guide! I got my first team to level 25 last night, and the coli has never been easier c: Once I can get three tinctures, they'll be complete! Thanks again!
Please ping me (@volvokun) if you reply to me in a thread!

deviantArt
@Culex I have a question

I got two fae level 16 of the same flight (male female). I tinctured them both but their stats aren't the same. Fae 1 is 76/38 with 1 point left (+4 STR from battle stones) and Fae 2 is 75/35 with 10 points left (+2 STR from battle stone).

I am honestly clueless as of why I can't spend points into STR and QCK for the Fae2 , they should both be at the same stats. If I add the +2 STR im missing , my Fae 2 would be +1 STR more rather than eaven and still be off in QCK.

... ._. it's bothering me
@Culex I have a question

I got two fae level 16 of the same flight (male female). I tinctured them both but their stats aren't the same. Fae 1 is 76/38 with 1 point left (+4 STR from battle stones) and Fae 2 is 75/35 with 10 points left (+2 STR from battle stone).

I am honestly clueless as of why I can't spend points into STR and QCK for the Fae2 , they should both be at the same stats. If I add the +2 STR im missing , my Fae 2 would be +1 STR more rather than eaven and still be off in QCK.

... ._. it's bothering me
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 471 472