Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Username Origins (and doubles)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
@DepravityInBlack
You can never escape the Elder Scrolls

As for mine, I used to be Slenderman, since that's my UN on Subeta as well and I adore mythos, the Slenderman mythos in particular.
But then my girlfriend got a more brilliant idea for us and so we could be matching and shippy at the same time she suggested video game character names.

The shortened version of my character's name was taken muffled irritated hiSSING IN THE DISTANCE so instead I went with his formal name. And she changed her UN from her previous one which escapes me now orz to Ellis. If you know the characters, and/or the ship, you'll know where I'm going with this.
@DepravityInBlack
You can never escape the Elder Scrolls

As for mine, I used to be Slenderman, since that's my UN on Subeta as well and I adore mythos, the Slenderman mythos in particular.
But then my girlfriend got a more brilliant idea for us and so we could be matching and shippy at the same time she suggested video game character names.

The shortened version of my character's name was taken muffled irritated hiSSING IN THE DISTANCE so instead I went with his formal name. And she changed her UN from her previous one which escapes me now orz to Ellis. If you know the characters, and/or the ship, you'll know where I'm going with this.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
Well... Mine is based on my dog Leonard/The Bean. She has two names, deal with it! Anyways shes a black and tan dachshund. So when I joined Chickensmoothie, I chose BlackandTan. Then I joined Wajas and since it too deals with dogs/wolves I went with BlackandTan. So to avoid confusion, I just went with BlackandTan here. You can see my "black and tan" dragons in my lair. They're names Leonard and Bean of course. I also have a collection of black and tan pets on CS and Wajas. I'm obsessed!
Well... Mine is based on my dog Leonard/The Bean. She has two names, deal with it! Anyways shes a black and tan dachshund. So when I joined Chickensmoothie, I chose BlackandTan. Then I joined Wajas and since it too deals with dogs/wolves I went with BlackandTan. So to avoid confusion, I just went with BlackandTan here. You can see my "black and tan" dragons in my lair. They're names Leonard and Bean of course. I also have a collection of black and tan pets on CS and Wajas. I'm obsessed!
gPt7rtY.pngCHCjXcz.png
@Amalythea My name is a slight spelling change of the Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari, which StumbleUpon once took me to an article bout. I thought it was pretty, and adding the "a" seemed to feminize it a bit.

Check it out! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thracian_Tomb_of_Sveshtari
@Amalythea My name is a slight spelling change of the Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari, which StumbleUpon once took me to an article bout. I thought it was pretty, and adding the "a" seemed to feminize it a bit.

Check it out! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thracian_Tomb_of_Sveshtari
Pocket monsters. :p
Pocket monsters. :p
@Rhea I always said your name was Ree in my head, as opposed to Ree-uh which is what it seams you pronounce it as due to the origin.

I knew about this game from my friends and knew the username would be the name of the clan. I knew I wanted to be part of the plague flight so I wanted my clan to be something cool like Pestilence Clan or Death Clan but decided on Rage because it works nice as a name too :)
@Rhea I always said your name was Ree in my head, as opposed to Ree-uh which is what it seams you pronounce it as due to the origin.

I knew about this game from my friends and knew the username would be the name of the clan. I knew I wanted to be part of the plague flight so I wanted my clan to be something cool like Pestilence Clan or Death Clan but decided on Rage because it works nice as a name too :)
PLAGUEBRINGER_sig.png
@Vissivius I know the feeling, gotta be creepy/cool for Plague! *brofists* I always liked your name :)
@Vissivius I know the feeling, gotta be creepy/cool for Plague! *brofists* I always liked your name :)
PLAGUEBRINGER_sig.png
My name is from one of my characters in a game called DragonFable. I don't play that game anymore, but I thought the name was fitting.
My name is from one of my characters in a game called DragonFable. I don't play that game anymore, but I thought the name was fitting.
Y02PS6v.png
Err. Just picked something similar to another username I use to make it easy to remember, didn't think about it too much, should've shortened it another syllable.
Err. Just picked something similar to another username I use to make it easy to remember, didn't think about it too much, should've shortened it another syllable.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Back in ancient times, one of the usernames I adopted was 'Azure Dragon', based on Heroes of Might and Magic's elite neutral creature. That one stuck, and also got shorter, over the many years following. It's part of me now!

All my online peeps have shortened it further, even, and call me Az or Azzy. (You're totally welcome to as well.)

As this is an actual word, I've a LOT of doubles. On here, though, usually I'm the one who gets mistakenly pinged when wanting to ping Azura, Azuri, etc. XD
Back in ancient times, one of the usernames I adopted was 'Azure Dragon', based on Heroes of Might and Magic's elite neutral creature. That one stuck, and also got shorter, over the many years following. It's part of me now!

All my online peeps have shortened it further, even, and call me Az or Azzy. (You're totally welcome to as well.)

As this is an actual word, I've a LOT of doubles. On here, though, usually I'm the one who gets mistakenly pinged when wanting to ping Azura, Azuri, etc. XD
DQ9DP8W.png
Hmm, mine's my favourite bird combined with my favourite number. I originally wanted just Magpie, buuut that was already taken! :I haha, so I just threw in a roman numeral and called it good!
Hmm, mine's my favourite bird combined with my favourite number. I originally wanted just Magpie, buuut that was already taken! :I haha, so I just threw in a roman numeral and called it good!
tumblr_nh1ys2XGoZ1sendkso1_100.png
Welcome to Whimsy
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23