Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Username Origins (and doubles)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
Origins: well I use Raitoyami everywhere since I was .... 16?

It comes from a transfer student and friend from Japan at that time who told me he could never tell if I was like "Raito" (A good guy) or "Yami" (A bad guy) So we jokingly put the two together and it kinda stuck XD
Origins: well I use Raitoyami everywhere since I was .... 16?

It comes from a transfer student and friend from Japan at that time who told me he could never tell if I was like "Raito" (A good guy) or "Yami" (A bad guy) So we jokingly put the two together and it kinda stuck XD
Retired Master of the Colourwheel and Head of the Doomsday-Project (we swear it's just a name)
get_back_to_work__by_lynntv-d6qzmy3.gif
Tenebrae is a character in tales of symphonia 2. originally wanted symphonia but it was taken (unrelated to the game originally. It was just a nice name) so I thouht about it and decided that I might as well take a name from one of the characters.
Tenebrae is a character in tales of symphonia 2. originally wanted symphonia but it was taken (unrelated to the game originally. It was just a nice name) so I thouht about it and decided that I might as well take a name from one of the characters.
Forum-signature.png
I wanted a new name that was slightly more name-sounding and easier to spell than my old username (iaculi/iaculum. I don't use those anymore, though!)
I think this one was the name of someone in a book I read once? I forget the actual history behind it, but it popped into my head and stuck there until I tapped it into the little "username" box.
I wanted a new name that was slightly more name-sounding and easier to spell than my old username (iaculi/iaculum. I don't use those anymore, though!)
I think this one was the name of someone in a book I read once? I forget the actual history behind it, but it popped into my head and stuck there until I tapped it into the little "username" box.
ZT1GQLd.png
For all other sites I've been a member on I've used my RL nickname, but now it dosen't really make sense since no one ever calls me that anymore.

Thinking about it for some time I figured I'd go with Silence - partly because it's 1 of the 3 words in an anagram for my full real name, and partly because I just am kinda quiet and tend to stick to myself c:

I've seen some people with Silence in their name, it's not uncommon
For all other sites I've been a member on I've used my RL nickname, but now it dosen't really make sense since no one ever calls me that anymore.

Thinking about it for some time I figured I'd go with Silence - partly because it's 1 of the 3 words in an anagram for my full real name, and partly because I just am kinda quiet and tend to stick to myself c:

I've seen some people with Silence in their name, it's not uncommon
Hy86VRp.png
» Elf Subs.
» Peryton Adopts
» Adopts
When I was starting to register to places like FR, I wanted to come up with a username that's surely free and not in anyone's possession. I have these two Leopard gecko females named Safiya and Khepri so I wanted to use their names in the username. At that time I used to call Safiya "Safi" and Khepri "Kei", so I just put those two nicknames together and there it was. A fun sounding username that's always reserved for me no matter where I go. :)
When I was starting to register to places like FR, I wanted to come up with a username that's surely free and not in anyone's possession. I have these two Leopard gecko females named Safiya and Khepri so I wanted to use their names in the username. At that time I used to call Safiya "Safi" and Khepri "Kei", so I just put those two nicknames together and there it was. A fun sounding username that's always reserved for me no matter where I go. :)
N5Fffyx.png
Decided to change it to something more Doctor Whoish and more difficult to track down.
Decided to change it to something more Doctor Whoish and more difficult to track down.
Participating in Trick or Treat
tumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
Rose Hip is a plant that grew in quite a large amount where we used to take summer vacations when I was a kid. I've always been quite fond of it, though this is my first time using it as a username.
Rose Hip is a plant that grew in quite a large amount where we used to take summer vacations when I was a kid. I've always been quite fond of it, though this is my first time using it as a username.
8d7o509.png
Basiliskfree something I used pretty much everywhere. I started use it with my dA since I wanted to be cool like Neondragon and have a two part dragon name( I was 14-15 maybe? at the time). Though every name I tried with dragon was take so I went with Basilisk. which I'm happy I did since Basilisks are cool.

I've seen a few other basilisks around, Basilisk even posted on my userpage to say my lair was no longer basilisk-Free.
Basiliskfree something I used pretty much everywhere. I started use it with my dA since I wanted to be cool like Neondragon and have a two part dragon name( I was 14-15 maybe? at the time). Though every name I tried with dragon was take so I went with Basilisk. which I'm happy I did since Basilisks are cool.

I've seen a few other basilisks around, Basilisk even posted on my userpage to say my lair was no longer basilisk-Free.
My username is a nickname a friend started calling me from a shortened version of my usual username. A decade ago the username I went by was Lil OrangeDragoness. Most everyone called me LOD for short. A friend started calling me Loddie, so that kinda stuck.

In beta testing used the name OrangeDragoness because that's what I use everywhere else, but the name was too long here and it kinda ran into other boxes and stuff visually. I wanted to use a shorter name.

As for dopplergangers here, I've come across a user named @Lottie I've always done a bit of a double take when I see it
My username is a nickname a friend started calling me from a shortened version of my usual username. A decade ago the username I went by was Lil OrangeDragoness. Most everyone called me LOD for short. A friend started calling me Loddie, so that kinda stuck.

In beta testing used the name OrangeDragoness because that's what I use everywhere else, but the name was too long here and it kinda ran into other boxes and stuff visually. I wanted to use a shorter name.

As for dopplergangers here, I've come across a user named @Lottie I've always done a bit of a double take when I see it
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
My username was actually given to me by my mom when I was a kid! She claimed I was smart, and said it was also because I loved swimming and water. Ironically, years later, Sailor Moon came into existence with the soldier of Water and Knowledge, Mercury...

No bonuses for guessing what flight I chose. XD
My username was actually given to me by my mom when I was a kid! She claimed I was smart, and said it was also because I loved swimming and water. Ironically, years later, Sailor Moon came into existence with the soldier of Water and Knowledge, Mercury...

No bonuses for guessing what flight I chose. XD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23