Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | pvp coli...
1 2
i know coli pvp hasn't been a thing since coli revamp (and that was like how many years ago?) and we haven't heard much on it since around 2019, and i hadn't touched it when it was available, but i'm curious... what WAS the meta? what were strategies that people used to win? any creative builds? mostly i am sitting here staring at my ten million battlestones dreaming about a day when they're not just hoardsale fodder. i remember there was always a handful of names floating around the top of the leaderboard. where are they now...
i know coli pvp hasn't been a thing since coli revamp (and that was like how many years ago?) and we haven't heard much on it since around 2019, and i hadn't touched it when it was available, but i'm curious... what WAS the meta? what were strategies that people used to win? any creative builds? mostly i am sitting here staring at my ten million battlestones dreaming about a day when they're not just hoardsale fodder. i remember there was always a handful of names floating around the top of the leaderboard. where are they now...
E180CB7.png Rz7ZJcJ.png
I didn’t do PvP very often, mostly because it took so long to get matched with an opponent. The few times I did get matched was when I was using really low level dragons. I was a fairly new player then, it was mostly just me and the opponent scratching the heck out of each other hoping the other’s dragons fainted first.

But I did hear that they had a battle league that ran weekly battles for a while.
I didn’t do PvP very often, mostly because it took so long to get matched with an opponent. The few times I did get matched was when I was using really low level dragons. I was a fairly new player then, it was mostly just me and the opponent scratching the heck out of each other hoping the other’s dragons fainted first.

But I did hear that they had a battle league that ran weekly battles for a while.
Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
I don't think there was really a meta tbh. I used to just put my mire flyer in and scratch/eliminate away and hope to win, and I'm sure the other players just did the same. It was more of a goofy "wow we're both online and playing flight rising right now!!!" than a hardcore head-to-head. Or, at least, that's how I treated it.

I don't think there was really a meta tbh. I used to just put my mire flyer in and scratch/eliminate away and hope to win, and I'm sure the other players just did the same. It was more of a goofy "wow we're both online and playing flight rising right now!!!" than a hardcore head-to-head. Or, at least, that's how I treated it.

I remember that Lightning (I think?) hosted "baby battles", where you were only allowed to take in Level 1s. I don't remember if I got to try that or not, but it sounded fun?
(I put my normal Coli team in, at the time, but I also didn't play it much... had one instance of getting distracted during matchmaking and not realizing I got a match, making my opponent wait for ages... I felt bad after that, didn't do so much with it)

I do remember hearing a couple things- a Plague Healer Reflect build to do damage off of the heal spells with Contaminate, and just... Congeal is busted.
I remember that Lightning (I think?) hosted "baby battles", where you were only allowed to take in Level 1s. I don't remember if I got to try that or not, but it sounded fun?
(I put my normal Coli team in, at the time, but I also didn't play it much... had one instance of getting distracted during matchmaking and not realizing I got a match, making my opponent wait for ages... I felt bad after that, didn't do so much with it)

I do remember hearing a couple things- a Plague Healer Reflect build to do damage off of the heal spells with Contaminate, and just... Congeal is busted.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote=Renaiwom] I do remember hearing a couple things- a Plague Healer Reflect build to do damage off of the heal spells with Contaminate, and just... Congeal is busted. [/quote] ooh, i was just thinking that contaminate/regeneration or aid could be abused pretty easily, since they'd do type-neutral damage! but i'm sure it must be pretty irritating to get the secondary effects to proc too, esp if you built your whole strategy around it.
Renaiwom wrote:

ooh, i was just thinking that contaminate/regeneration or aid could be abused pretty easily, since they'd do type-neutral damage! but i'm sure it must be pretty irritating to get the secondary effects to proc too, esp if you built your whole strategy around it.
E180CB7.png Rz7ZJcJ.png
Coli was fun people had baby battles like mentioned above for fun and dom fund raisers; I specifically remember nature doing that. I was a baby player myself so whenever I went in I got elimmed to dust or the two dragons would just be scratching the crap out of each other.

I will say the old system was super janky and I member it lagging and being really slow half the time
Coli was fun people had baby battles like mentioned above for fun and dom fund raisers; I specifically remember nature doing that. I was a baby player myself so whenever I went in I got elimmed to dust or the two dragons would just be scratching the crap out of each other.

I will say the old system was super janky and I member it lagging and being really slow half the time
I never knew it used to be open to people before! I wonder why they took it down, it seems like such a cool idea. I’m pretty new here so I’m not completely caught up on how fr used to be.
I wish I was around when people could use that feature but for now I’ll just stare at it longingly every time I go to the coliseum
I never knew it used to be open to people before! I wonder why they took it down, it seems like such a cool idea. I’m pretty new here so I’m not completely caught up on how fr used to be.
I wish I was around when people could use that feature but for now I’ll just stare at it longingly every time I go to the coliseum
I don’t know what to put here
We have PvP. It's called Flight Rising Discussion [emoji=snapper laughing size=1] /jesting Anyway, all I can remember that JackSpicer was winning frequently and that is burnt into my mind.
We have PvP. It's called Flight Rising Discussion /jesting

Anyway, all I can remember that JackSpicer was winning frequently and that is burnt into my mind.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Littlelion420" date="2024-05-06 08:58:33" ] I never knew it used to be open to people before! I wonder why they took it down, it seems like such a cool idea. I’m pretty new here so I’m not completely caught up on how fr used to be. I wish I was around when people could use that feature but for now I’ll just stare at it longingly every time I go to the coliseum [/quote] It was taken down, if memory serves, during the coli revamp several years ago. I don't know what the plan for it is right now though.
Littlelion420 wrote on 2024-05-06 08:58:33:

It was taken down, if memory serves, during the coli revamp several years ago. I don't know what the plan for it is right now though.
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png
LEpJMnn.png
5BsilZ9.png
NlmYDAS.png
dBieivA.png
h8gMBaZ.png
J7D1quC.png
n29EMdP.png
tSKOR3g.png

Imagining that pvp was actually a thing at one point is WILD to me lol

I was just thinking about PVP the other day and how it would work and yeah I feel like you'd have to have a mage, a healer, and an attacker, but then what would happen if you fought somebody with three attackers? Would it be optimal to have two attackers and one mage who's also a healer? Would it be like rock paper scissors? I'm curious...

Now that's a meta I'm interested in!

Imagining that pvp was actually a thing at one point is WILD to me lol

I was just thinking about PVP the other day and how it would work and yeah I feel like you'd have to have a mage, a healer, and an attacker, but then what would happen if you fought somebody with three attackers? Would it be optimal to have two attackers and one mage who's also a healer? Would it be like rock paper scissors? I'm curious...

Now that's a meta I'm interested in!
woWS5xE.png
1 2