Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Which genes give you discomfort?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I can't look at Scuttle for more than a few seconds. It creeps me out.

I also couldn't look at Keel when it first released, but that has subsided. It is still discomforting to look at, though.

I can't look at any genes in the color Sapphire except for Flaunt/Flair. It really hurts my eyes. (Other eyeburners are unpleasant, but tolerable.)
I can't look at Scuttle for more than a few seconds. It creeps me out.

I also couldn't look at Keel when it first released, but that has subsided. It is still discomforting to look at, though.

I can't look at any genes in the color Sapphire except for Flaunt/Flair. It really hurts my eyes. (Other eyeburners are unpleasant, but tolerable.)
Zs6WWZy.png
UdqWUDw.png ZwbGqUa.png bYt72YT.png O62tc6n.png kHBaXec.png Z9e8RKu.png RToaAa6.png Da1cz0f.png XnaLQeW.png o7CqYdD.png YrzvPOH.png QUIpVFE.png NeV4KUN.png BY33eAv.png YMPbu9R.png
dMEvnxu.png
This thread is an interesting read! I guess it never occurred to me the ways in which some genes can irritate or cause discomfort to people
As for me, there are genes I think look bad but none that give me the ick. The closest thing would be edged/laced, which I think don't sit right on the dragons body and look like toenails
That being said, some of the language used to describe Plague things really irk me. I'm thankful the visuals use fantasy colors or else I don't think I could handle it.
When I'm at my worst, talk of skin things can trigger a skin-picking session. Ironic because I'm in Plague
This thread is an interesting read! I guess it never occurred to me the ways in which some genes can irritate or cause discomfort to people
As for me, there are genes I think look bad but none that give me the ick. The closest thing would be edged/laced, which I think don't sit right on the dragons body and look like toenails
That being said, some of the language used to describe Plague things really irk me. I'm thankful the visuals use fantasy colors or else I don't think I could handle it.
When I'm at my worst, talk of skin things can trigger a skin-picking session. Ironic because I'm in Plague
2.png
HdmxfuE.png
Mrw4w2X.png
Most genes largely depend on the colors/breed of the dragon but there are a few I find myself disliking no matter what.

Checkers/Chess, Polkadot, and Mosaic/Breakup are all genes I really dislike. While Slime/Sludge and Mucous give me the ick.
Most genes largely depend on the colors/breed of the dragon but there are a few I find myself disliking no matter what.

Checkers/Chess, Polkadot, and Mosaic/Breakup are all genes I really dislike. While Slime/Sludge and Mucous give me the ick.
13578.png24847.png480.png ARAxlYW.png
5iXiC8z.png
ll0CfnD.png
Keel.

I mean it doesn’t like instantly squik me but if I think about it I have a problem.
Keel.

I mean it doesn’t like instantly squik me but if I think about it I have a problem.
Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
Polkadot.

Scuttle kinda jumpscared me the first time I scried it in wardrobe, but since then I've gotten used to it and actually gotten to like it.
Polkadot.

Scuttle kinda jumpscared me the first time I scried it in wardrobe, but since then I've gotten used to it and actually gotten to like it.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Keel and scuttle... If were including eye types, plague primal and multigaze (though I have a couple of multigaze dragons lol)

Keel looks more like the dragon is suffering from a tick infestation instead of it just being patches of keeled scales, and the others are just down to the fact I don't enjoy body horror type stuff involving too many limbs or eyes.
Keel and scuttle... If were including eye types, plague primal and multigaze (though I have a couple of multigaze dragons lol)

Keel looks more like the dragon is suffering from a tick infestation instead of it just being patches of keeled scales, and the others are just down to the fact I don't enjoy body horror type stuff involving too many limbs or eyes.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
plague primal is gross. not that I can't stand seeing it, but I would rather not

genes don't bother me much, but I remember getting disgusted by aether's space at first. I couldn't bear looking at it.
plague primal is gross. not that I can't stand seeing it, but I would rather not

genes don't bother me much, but I remember getting disgusted by aether's space at first. I couldn't bear looking at it.
sincerely, june (i use she/they pronouns!)it's a cow skating
Oh interesting!! It’s wild hearing what gets other people squick’d

outright squick!!!
I’ve got that silly overzealous trypophobia braincell that hits on absurd things, I find it so ridiculous how bad polkadots gets me, but it really does give a primal gross-out reaction - especially if the polkadots are in a yellow range, though. It’s an automatic. no on dragons

vague squick
Nothing else gives me that outright skin-crawl on fr tbh! A few things hit it, but not as bad. A few very specific colours of jaguar - but the rest I love. Mostly yellow and red ranges, again. I’m not sure why yellows get me more? My vague theory is that it’s more ‘skin’ like to my brain? but then why don’t the browns get me instead, right?
In rare instances, I’ll get it from orb and weaver, but it’s much less consistent. I think they’re both pretty! But I’ve been avoiding them on my dragons incase my brain arbitrarily decides to active that squick on me out of nowhere. Shame tho!! It looks super rad, so I’m hoping I’ll adjust.

things you’d think would hit that, but dont
primal plague eyes don’t bother me - my trypo reaction only hits with really regular patterns and it looks too fantastical to me i think? honestly it’s such a gut ‘it hits or it doesn’t’ response that assigning too much logic to it feels sorta like lying, though.
Multigaze FEELS like it should sometimes, but also doesn’t. I think it’s just barely scraping by, though. If the eyes were like… ANY smaller and closer together it might’ve done it for me. On some dragons it strays closer than others, but it seems to his this sweet spot of ‘just uncomfortable enough to be weirdly satisfying’ for me. Like, the very slight ick becomes interesting instead of overwhelming.

not a gut squick, but still looks uncomfy
Keel and Carnivore don’t get a visceral brrr from me, but. I think they look uncomfy in a way that skates over multi-gaze’s ‘oooo im uncomfy, neat effect’ line for me.

Nothing bug coded gets me, just not an ick my brain goes to with art, I guess?

All in all, it’s so silly that the absolutely least horror coded one of these is the most ‘aaaa!’.
why are brains like this???
Oh interesting!! It’s wild hearing what gets other people squick’d

outright squick!!!
I’ve got that silly overzealous trypophobia braincell that hits on absurd things, I find it so ridiculous how bad polkadots gets me, but it really does give a primal gross-out reaction - especially if the polkadots are in a yellow range, though. It’s an automatic. no on dragons

vague squick
Nothing else gives me that outright skin-crawl on fr tbh! A few things hit it, but not as bad. A few very specific colours of jaguar - but the rest I love. Mostly yellow and red ranges, again. I’m not sure why yellows get me more? My vague theory is that it’s more ‘skin’ like to my brain? but then why don’t the browns get me instead, right?
In rare instances, I’ll get it from orb and weaver, but it’s much less consistent. I think they’re both pretty! But I’ve been avoiding them on my dragons incase my brain arbitrarily decides to active that squick on me out of nowhere. Shame tho!! It looks super rad, so I’m hoping I’ll adjust.

things you’d think would hit that, but dont
primal plague eyes don’t bother me - my trypo reaction only hits with really regular patterns and it looks too fantastical to me i think? honestly it’s such a gut ‘it hits or it doesn’t’ response that assigning too much logic to it feels sorta like lying, though.
Multigaze FEELS like it should sometimes, but also doesn’t. I think it’s just barely scraping by, though. If the eyes were like… ANY smaller and closer together it might’ve done it for me. On some dragons it strays closer than others, but it seems to his this sweet spot of ‘just uncomfortable enough to be weirdly satisfying’ for me. Like, the very slight ick becomes interesting instead of overwhelming.

not a gut squick, but still looks uncomfy
Keel and Carnivore don’t get a visceral brrr from me, but. I think they look uncomfy in a way that skates over multi-gaze’s ‘oooo im uncomfy, neat effect’ line for me.

Nothing bug coded gets me, just not an ick my brain goes to with art, I guess?

All in all, it’s so silly that the absolutely least horror coded one of these is the most ‘aaaa!’.
why are brains like this???
jIRALXN.pngNBJG3D5.gif
Hypnotic. And Keel.

Also, if the primary and secondary have matching genes of the same color, ex. Constellation/Starmap. My eyes go everywhere.
Hypnotic. And Keel.

Also, if the primary and secondary have matching genes of the same color, ex. Constellation/Starmap. My eyes go everywhere.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
Keel D:<

Also the canonical explanation for capsule. Not to mention, it doesn't even align with how capsule looks, so I disregard it. To me, the with dragon is full of liquid, funky magic mean it doesn't need organs or skeleton.
Keel D:<

Also the canonical explanation for capsule. Not to mention, it doesn't even align with how capsule looks, so I disregard it. To me, the with dragon is full of liquid, funky magic mean it doesn't need organs or skeleton.
FObX7rS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7