Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What keeps you going on flightrising?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
i've been here for 9 years and in all that time the longest break i've taken was the requisite 45 days before your dragons get autofed after logging in for the first time in a long time... i just like it bc i'm kinda off social media these days and i enjoy a game that you can log into every hour or so to do dailies. also these days i've gotten into fandragons and i think customization is super fun :]
i've been here for 9 years and in all that time the longest break i've taken was the requisite 45 days before your dragons get autofed after logging in for the first time in a long time... i just like it bc i'm kinda off social media these days and i enjoy a game that you can log into every hour or so to do dailies. also these days i've gotten into fandragons and i think customization is super fun :]
E180CB7.png Rz7ZJcJ.png
Disabled + Unemployed + Living in the forest = A Lot Of Free Time

And, like, there's a limit on how much time I can spend spying on the few neighbours I can see with the binoculars, yanno??

Ignoring that half-joking sentiment, I've invested a dang lot into my dragons, putting together their lore, and setting up lore projects, a lore shop, and lore hatchery, so keeping busy with all that keeps me coming back. I did have an accidental hiatus not too long ago, but even then I kept planning random dragon projects lmao.

Outside of the lore and projects, I've still got some dragons in need of genes, and a lair that needs expanding, and forums to stalk through, and hibden to finish up, and fodder to exalt... the list literally goes on and on.

Unlike a lot of other things I do, FR doesn't give me that same burnout. I can only play Fortnite so long before it makes me wanna yeet myself out a window, but I can prowl FR all day and still have things left to do. It's slow paced enough that I can run off whenever something happens, doesn't punish me for forgetting it a day here or there, and I can move at my own pace. My dragons need more lore, sure, but I'm the only one stressing about it. There's no actual pressure.
Disabled + Unemployed + Living in the forest = A Lot Of Free Time

And, like, there's a limit on how much time I can spend spying on the few neighbours I can see with the binoculars, yanno??

Ignoring that half-joking sentiment, I've invested a dang lot into my dragons, putting together their lore, and setting up lore projects, a lore shop, and lore hatchery, so keeping busy with all that keeps me coming back. I did have an accidental hiatus not too long ago, but even then I kept planning random dragon projects lmao.

Outside of the lore and projects, I've still got some dragons in need of genes, and a lair that needs expanding, and forums to stalk through, and hibden to finish up, and fodder to exalt... the list literally goes on and on.

Unlike a lot of other things I do, FR doesn't give me that same burnout. I can only play Fortnite so long before it makes me wanna yeet myself out a window, but I can prowl FR all day and still have things left to do. It's slow paced enough that I can run off whenever something happens, doesn't punish me for forgetting it a day here or there, and I can move at my own pace. My dragons need more lore, sure, but I'm the only one stressing about it. There's no actual pressure.
___________________ 70571229.png adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
Troll Hunters
Mostly because it's become a habit for me to come back, but I like looking at my dragons and feeling proud of making them look cool and pretty <:
Mostly because it's become a habit for me to come back, but I like looking at my dragons and feeling proud of making them look cool and pretty <:
I'm certainly not as active as I used to be back then, but I love dragons! And I like seeing what new additions have been added to the game. My goals to make fandragons of my favourite video game characters and complete my bestiary; or at the very least reach 1k; actually kept me going.
I'm certainly not as active as I used to be back then, but I love dragons! And I like seeing what new additions have been added to the game. My goals to make fandragons of my favourite video game characters and complete my bestiary; or at the very least reach 1k; actually kept me going.
~
~
b249b1dbc50baf6f32da54dfe296327c5ac51d6d.png
~ W Y R M
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
he/himFR+8
~ ~

NAh145F.png
habit, and the satisfaction of finishing projects. I love tossing a hard-earned dragon into the perma tab, and i will continue to come back until i can sift my hand through hundreds of them like colorful little beads
habit, and the satisfaction of finishing projects. I love tossing a hard-earned dragon into the perma tab, and i will continue to come back until i can sift my hand through hundreds of them like colorful little beads
v buy my UMA! v
UU9vIu2.png
RIuVQv5.png
just that i can make unwise financial decisions and the worst that can happen is im unhappy for a while on the game instead of being. y'know. in dire straits in reality.
just that i can make unwise financial decisions and the worst that can happen is im unhappy for a while on the game instead of being. y'know. in dire straits in reality.
Pgkz9Y7.png

he / him - +17 fr time - g1 collector
It's mostly my liking of dragons that Wings of Fire kickstarted and just how great the community is. I find it difficult for me to interact with people in social media but for FR I don't feel as anxious
It's mostly my liking of dragons that Wings of Fire kickstarted and just how great the community is. I find it difficult for me to interact with people in social media but for FR I don't feel as anxious
7nFdWFE.png
DxCICZ1.pngEn8qlp1.png
XmHV7tO.pngP9aWhak.png
noHmDvU.pngKRcB6uC.png

"Building your model ships wishing you were sailing around" - Polynesia by Mother Mother
i like creating cool looking dragons and fulfilling goals and i find the idea of a quick daily gameplay loop fun, but the main thing is that ive become invested in my dragon characters and like making up stories for them. also the forum games and dragon share threads are fun
i like creating cool looking dragons and fulfilling goals and i find the idea of a quick daily gameplay loop fun, but the main thing is that ive become invested in my dragon characters and like making up stories for them. also the forum games and dragon share threads are fun
Sj6j121.png
zpmUYjD.png
mHG2UNd.png
Jd88XNq.png
FY88vH7.png A2n6lGl.png DlO6vXs.gif
eESLWsA.gif
i just really like my silly virtual pet games. it's nice to have something to do. i have a bunch of projects to work towards, daily things to do, i really enjoy working on the achievements. there's a lot to do here and it keeps me busy. i enjoy collecting things.
i just really like my silly virtual pet games. it's nice to have something to do. i have a bunch of projects to work towards, daily things to do, i really enjoy working on the achievements. there's a lot to do here and it keeps me busy. i enjoy collecting things.
DNJ518h.png
OuP0IWM.png911operator.pngfdUVIfW.pngANZRVK7.pngBT1N47G.pngJ8QoPxT.png
ll0CfnD.png56yqAPu.png q9EEy5M.png UqlBGwo.png5hF3FGk.pngTW8ViqF.png
4kekx4D.pngSZwTK40.png2SxeZ07.png3CzZFT6.pngYUzmw5z.png
My dragons make me happy when I look at them. Eggs are a free way to satisfy my gambling/gacha needs.

That's pretty much it.
My dragons make me happy when I look at them. Eggs are a free way to satisfy my gambling/gacha needs.

That's pretty much it.
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10