Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Rank flights by their breeds!
1 2 3
Heya all! I would love to see you all rank each flight based on how much you like the breeds associated with them! So just consider the breeds here, not the flight lore itself nor the deities or eye colors!

For me a huge DISCLAIMER: I love every breed to an extent! So even the flight I am gonna rank last I really appreciate a lot. This is difficult for me to do.

The absolute favorites:
Earth (snaps are underrated, obelisks are perfection, dusthides are so interesting and modifiable)
Lightning (Ridgebacks are underrated I love their silly snoots, big fan of Sandsurge crests and fans and genes)

These are amazing too:
Fire (I AM SORRY for not putting you first, I really do love both banes and coatls though but wish we also would get a really DANGER breed)
Nature (Auraboas are incredible, wildclaws have hugely crown on me, love the crests and just dressing them)
Light (Imps are majestic and love to dress them and pearlcatchers I am hugely growing on, love how pearls work with some genes)

Generally very favorable:
Wind (I am the biggest spiral lover of all time just look at my lair, Skydancers are not my favorite in aesthetic by themselves but the way some genes and apparel look on them is amazing)
Water (I appreciate guardians and undertides both hugely, and some of my fav dragons are these two breeds. I do have tendency of gravitating towards some other breeds especially for scrying though unless I have specific ideas. LOVE dressing guardians though)

Ones I am VERY split on:
Plague (Aberrations I LOVE and ADORE, mirrors are difficult for me to work with but sometimes like them)
Arcane (Aethers I also LOVE, faes I struggle to work with as they dont hit my generic aesthetic needs)

Friend shaped but probably dont appreciate you as much as I should:
Ice (Tundras and gaolers floofy, very good, I just find the floofy more difficult to work with for me personally)
Shadow (I do like nocturne bat shape a lot but my brain reads them as unfinished dragons cause I have g1 brain rot so I need to have very specific ideas for them. Veils I am very particular about)
Heya all! I would love to see you all rank each flight based on how much you like the breeds associated with them! So just consider the breeds here, not the flight lore itself nor the deities or eye colors!

For me a huge DISCLAIMER: I love every breed to an extent! So even the flight I am gonna rank last I really appreciate a lot. This is difficult for me to do.

The absolute favorites:
Earth (snaps are underrated, obelisks are perfection, dusthides are so interesting and modifiable)
Lightning (Ridgebacks are underrated I love their silly snoots, big fan of Sandsurge crests and fans and genes)

These are amazing too:
Fire (I AM SORRY for not putting you first, I really do love both banes and coatls though but wish we also would get a really DANGER breed)
Nature (Auraboas are incredible, wildclaws have hugely crown on me, love the crests and just dressing them)
Light (Imps are majestic and love to dress them and pearlcatchers I am hugely growing on, love how pearls work with some genes)

Generally very favorable:
Wind (I am the biggest spiral lover of all time just look at my lair, Skydancers are not my favorite in aesthetic by themselves but the way some genes and apparel look on them is amazing)
Water (I appreciate guardians and undertides both hugely, and some of my fav dragons are these two breeds. I do have tendency of gravitating towards some other breeds especially for scrying though unless I have specific ideas. LOVE dressing guardians though)

Ones I am VERY split on:
Plague (Aberrations I LOVE and ADORE, mirrors are difficult for me to work with but sometimes like them)
Arcane (Aethers I also LOVE, faes I struggle to work with as they dont hit my generic aesthetic needs)

Friend shaped but probably dont appreciate you as much as I should:
Ice (Tundras and gaolers floofy, very good, I just find the floofy more difficult to work with for me personally)
Shadow (I do like nocturne bat shape a lot but my brain reads them as unfinished dragons cause I have g1 brain rot so I need to have very specific ideas for them. Veils I am very particular about)
rI2B9a8.png
You are far kinder than I will be.

S Tier, THE best of the best:
-Earth(Dusthides are so cursed I love them rn. Obelisks are FANTASTIC and have beautiful hair, and Snappers are absolute bangers.)
-Ice (The devs COOKED when they dropped the Tundra's and Gaolers. Fluffy icons.)
-Water(Guardians and Undertides are insanely good. I need more.)

A Tier, VERY good, will likely drop a good chunk of gold/gems on them:
-Light(Imp's go hard for absolutely NO reason and I love it, plus the lore about Emperors goes CRAZY. Pearlcatchers are also pretty nice, all things considered. I love the detail about how important their pearls are!)
-Nature(I love Wildclaws like crazy. I need to get more soon lol. Auraboa's are CRAZY cool, and I love their introduction story.)
-Plague(Only because Aberrations go INSANE. Mirrors are okay, the only reason Plague is this high is because the Aberrations are hard carrying the flight rn.)

C Tier, will maybe pick them up if they have a stellar color/gene combo:
-Wind(I am indifferent to Skydancers. I only like spirals due to how large their eyes are, considering they are the only breed that has more visible eyes in their adult form.)
-Shadow(I like Veilspuns a LOT, but nocturns make me have aneurisms due to how often I hatch an egg and get 1 color off from a stellar gen 1 dragon lol.)
-Lightning(Sandsurges can't carry that much considering how much I do NOT like the noses on the Ridgebacks. Sorry gang.)

F, the WORST of the bunch:
-Arcane(I hate fae dragons so much man. Aether's can't save them.)
You are far kinder than I will be.

S Tier, THE best of the best:
-Earth(Dusthides are so cursed I love them rn. Obelisks are FANTASTIC and have beautiful hair, and Snappers are absolute bangers.)
-Ice (The devs COOKED when they dropped the Tundra's and Gaolers. Fluffy icons.)
-Water(Guardians and Undertides are insanely good. I need more.)

A Tier, VERY good, will likely drop a good chunk of gold/gems on them:
-Light(Imp's go hard for absolutely NO reason and I love it, plus the lore about Emperors goes CRAZY. Pearlcatchers are also pretty nice, all things considered. I love the detail about how important their pearls are!)
-Nature(I love Wildclaws like crazy. I need to get more soon lol. Auraboa's are CRAZY cool, and I love their introduction story.)
-Plague(Only because Aberrations go INSANE. Mirrors are okay, the only reason Plague is this high is because the Aberrations are hard carrying the flight rn.)

C Tier, will maybe pick them up if they have a stellar color/gene combo:
-Wind(I am indifferent to Skydancers. I only like spirals due to how large their eyes are, considering they are the only breed that has more visible eyes in their adult form.)
-Shadow(I like Veilspuns a LOT, but nocturns make me have aneurisms due to how often I hatch an egg and get 1 color off from a stellar gen 1 dragon lol.)
-Lightning(Sandsurges can't carry that much considering how much I do NOT like the noses on the Ridgebacks. Sorry gang.)

F, the WORST of the bunch:
-Arcane(I hate fae dragons so much man. Aether's can't save them.)
9KurPRs.png
Top tier:
- nature: wildclaws are great. love me some ridiculously expensive raptors with fancy UMAs. auraboas are very fun to scry even though I don't have many
- baldwin: STAY WINNING BOGS
- plague: aberrations are the BEST ancient, and mirrors will always be special to me since my custom progen is a mirror

High tier:
- wind: m spiral is carrying wind on his back. whoosh look at him go. f skydancers can help too
- arcane: aethers are the SECOND BEST ancient. faes took a while to grow on me but they're neat; small body + big wings makes for unique gene & apparel expression
- light: imps are majestic and have a great UMA scene. I also like the hype of them being a KS-only breed and the way low-gen imps are treasured in a way no other breed is. pearlcatchers are decent and pearl effects are fun.

Mixed opinion zone:
- earth: obelisks are great. dusthides are still kinda percolating, probably mid-tier as far as ancients go. not a fan of snappers
- fire: coatls are fantastic; not a fan of banes though
- lightning: sandsurges are fun. ridgebacks, eh. I'm slowly coming around on them but don't think they'll ever be favorites
- shadow: nocturnes are decent. for veils, I pretty much only like f-pose with constellation which is extremely specific

Meh:
- water: guardians and undertides are both "ok" but generally not who I reach for in the scrying workshop
- ice: not a fan of tundras. gaolers are okay but if I want fluff, I'll get an obelisk so I can dress it
Top tier:
- nature: wildclaws are great. love me some ridiculously expensive raptors with fancy UMAs. auraboas are very fun to scry even though I don't have many
- baldwin: STAY WINNING BOGS
- plague: aberrations are the BEST ancient, and mirrors will always be special to me since my custom progen is a mirror

High tier:
- wind: m spiral is carrying wind on his back. whoosh look at him go. f skydancers can help too
- arcane: aethers are the SECOND BEST ancient. faes took a while to grow on me but they're neat; small body + big wings makes for unique gene & apparel expression
- light: imps are majestic and have a great UMA scene. I also like the hype of them being a KS-only breed and the way low-gen imps are treasured in a way no other breed is. pearlcatchers are decent and pearl effects are fun.

Mixed opinion zone:
- earth: obelisks are great. dusthides are still kinda percolating, probably mid-tier as far as ancients go. not a fan of snappers
- fire: coatls are fantastic; not a fan of banes though
- lightning: sandsurges are fun. ridgebacks, eh. I'm slowly coming around on them but don't think they'll ever be favorites
- shadow: nocturnes are decent. for veils, I pretty much only like f-pose with constellation which is extremely specific

Meh:
- water: guardians and undertides are both "ok" but generally not who I reach for in the scrying workshop
- ice: not a fan of tundras. gaolers are okay but if I want fluff, I'll get an obelisk so I can dress it
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
ooohh fun [b]S TIER[/b] [emoji=fire rune size=1] FIRE: i love banescales greatly. coatls are pretty although i only have one [emoji=arcane rune size=1] ARCANE: i was super hooked on aethers when they were released, less so now but they're still a favorite. i also love faes, of all the breeds they are the most Creature-like [emoji=question mark size=1] UNALIGNED: bogsneak go brrrrrr [b]A TIER[/b] [emoji=earth rune size=1] EARTH: obelisks are really pretty, i love their manes. dusthides are cool [emoji=plague rune size=1] PLAGUE: abberations are awesome, mirror permababies are top tier [emoji=water rune size=1] WATER: i think undertides are pretty unique, if difficult to work with sometimes. i go back and forth on guardians [b]B TIER[/b] [emoji=nature rune size=1] NATURE: this is a bit blasphemous, given that it's my flight. but i find wildclaws [i]really[/i] boring. absolutely love boas, though [emoji=light rune size=1] LIGHT: i like the lore of pearlcatchers, but visually they don't do it for me. imperials are cool but the females are so much nicer than males [emoji=wind rune size=1] WIND: i like skydancers as much as the next guy, and don't like spirals probably also as much as the next guy [b]D TIER[/b] [emoji=ice rune size=1] ICE [emoji=shadow rune size=1] SHADOW [emoji=lightning rune size=1] LIGHTNING
ooohh fun

S TIER
FIRE: i love banescales greatly. coatls are pretty although i only have one
ARCANE: i was super hooked on aethers when they were released, less so now but they're still a favorite. i also love faes, of all the breeds they are the most Creature-like
UNALIGNED: bogsneak go brrrrrr

A TIER
EARTH: obelisks are really pretty, i love their manes. dusthides are cool
PLAGUE: abberations are awesome, mirror permababies are top tier
WATER: i think undertides are pretty unique, if difficult to work with sometimes. i go back and forth on guardians

B TIER
NATURE: this is a bit blasphemous, given that it's my flight. but i find wildclaws really boring. absolutely love boas, though
LIGHT: i like the lore of pearlcatchers, but visually they don't do it for me. imperials are cool but the females are so much nicer than males
WIND: i like skydancers as much as the next guy, and don't like spirals probably also as much as the next guy

D TIER
ICE
SHADOW
LIGHTNING
Jungle Grass Blue Cricket Jungle Grass Grasshopper Jungle Grass
Ooh, interesting! My answers here are totally different from what they would normally be, for sure, and just like you, this is very tough because I love dragons; I have at least one pose of every breed that I at the [i]very least[/i] enjoy. [b]Absolute favorites:[/b] [emoji=earth rune size=1]Earth: I'm a Snapper lover, Obelisk F is one of my absolute favorite poses, and Dusthides are fantastic. [emoji=water rune size=1]Water: Guardians and Undertides are both go-to scry breeds, love 'em! [b]Close to absolute favorites, honestly probably interchangeable with the top category depending on the day:[/b] [emoji=lightning rune size=1]Lightning: Ridgeback M is one of my absolute favorite poses as well, but I can't really in good conscience put this in absolute favorites because Sandsurges are the breed I'm most neutral on. Except on a day when I'm particularly loving Ridgebacks. [emoji=wind rune size=1]Wind: it took me a while to warm up to Spirals, and being in Wind probably helped motivate me to try to find good scries, but they're absolutely a go-to breed now. Skydancers were some of my favorites for a good long while; while I'm branching out more since the release of Ancients and Obelisks, I still end up having a lot of SD scries. [emoji=plague rune size=1]Plague: Mirrors were my favorite plentiful for a long time; I find them a bit harder to work with sometimes because some of my go-to genes cover up their crests in a way I don't like, but I still love them, especially with Pinstripe. And Aberrations are just fantastic all around! [emoji=nature rune size=1]Nature: Wildclaws and Auraboas are both fantastic designs that I love! [b]Super positive but not favorites[/b]: …Probably everyone else, but let's see. [emoji=light rune size=1]Light: Pearlcatcher F is still one of my favorite poses, and I do really like Imperials; I think once they would have been in one of the higher categories, but since I can't really scry my G1s as Imps, my Imps mostly end up being breeding projects, which I don't have a lot of. [emoji=arcane rune size=1]Arcane: Faes are great for Secondary-heavy Tertiary-light scries, but they don't tend to be my first go-to. Aethers are fantastic and have my favorite lore, but I'm really feeling the lack of genes since everyone else got Cinder/Blaze (my favorite Aether genes) so I'm just waiting for the gene expansion! [emoji=fire rune size=1]Fire: Coatls are absolutely fantastic; Banes really got revitalized by some new genes, I feel, but I still don't usually turn to them first in the scry list unless I'm specifically feeling like I want a Bane. [emoji=ice rune size=1]Ice: I like Tundras but almost never scry as them; on the other hand, I love Gaolers (thank you gene expansions!) and am rebuilding my population with G1s from scratch. Special shoutout to Gaoler hatchling pose, my absolute favorite for a long time; I still find it really hard to resist a Gaoler hatchling scry. [emoji=shadow rune size=1]Shadow: Veilspun M my beloved, I keep spending way too much on you and it is [i]a problem[/i], but I don't really like the F pose much, and while I have a few Noc F in my lair, I have trouble finding and keeping a Noc M despite their poses not really being very different at all? It's very weird. As a G1 lover, I definitely end up biasing against Nocs because my initial thought is to scry into a different breed— not because I dislike Nocs or anything, but because that's what I'm used to doing these days! I catch myself sometimes and scry as a Noc, but often end up changing the breed anyway. …Tiers are hard when there's multiple breeds and poses to try to consider! I think I did very well, really. Anyway, my takeaway from this is that I'm really glad that breeds aren't [i]limited[/i] to the flight they originated from or I would really be struggling. [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]
Ooh, interesting! My answers here are totally different from what they would normally be, for sure, and just like you, this is very tough because I love dragons; I have at least one pose of every breed that I at the very least enjoy.

Absolute favorites:
Earth: I'm a Snapper lover, Obelisk F is one of my absolute favorite poses, and Dusthides are fantastic.
Water: Guardians and Undertides are both go-to scry breeds, love 'em!

Close to absolute favorites, honestly probably interchangeable with the top category depending on the day:
Lightning: Ridgeback M is one of my absolute favorite poses as well, but I can't really in good conscience put this in absolute favorites because Sandsurges are the breed I'm most neutral on. Except on a day when I'm particularly loving Ridgebacks.
Wind: it took me a while to warm up to Spirals, and being in Wind probably helped motivate me to try to find good scries, but they're absolutely a go-to breed now. Skydancers were some of my favorites for a good long while; while I'm branching out more since the release of Ancients and Obelisks, I still end up having a lot of SD scries.
Plague: Mirrors were my favorite plentiful for a long time; I find them a bit harder to work with sometimes because some of my go-to genes cover up their crests in a way I don't like, but I still love them, especially with Pinstripe. And Aberrations are just fantastic all around!
Nature: Wildclaws and Auraboas are both fantastic designs that I love!

Super positive but not favorites:
…Probably everyone else, but let's see.
Light: Pearlcatcher F is still one of my favorite poses, and I do really like Imperials; I think once they would have been in one of the higher categories, but since I can't really scry my G1s as Imps, my Imps mostly end up being breeding projects, which I don't have a lot of.
Arcane: Faes are great for Secondary-heavy Tertiary-light scries, but they don't tend to be my first go-to. Aethers are fantastic and have my favorite lore, but I'm really feeling the lack of genes since everyone else got Cinder/Blaze (my favorite Aether genes) so I'm just waiting for the gene expansion!
Fire: Coatls are absolutely fantastic; Banes really got revitalized by some new genes, I feel, but I still don't usually turn to them first in the scry list unless I'm specifically feeling like I want a Bane.
Ice: I like Tundras but almost never scry as them; on the other hand, I love Gaolers (thank you gene expansions!) and am rebuilding my population with G1s from scratch. Special shoutout to Gaoler hatchling pose, my absolute favorite for a long time; I still find it really hard to resist a Gaoler hatchling scry.
Shadow: Veilspun M my beloved, I keep spending way too much on you and it is a problem, but I don't really like the F pose much, and while I have a few Noc F in my lair, I have trouble finding and keeping a Noc M despite their poses not really being very different at all? It's very weird. As a G1 lover, I definitely end up biasing against Nocs because my initial thought is to scry into a different breed— not because I dislike Nocs or anything, but because that's what I'm used to doing these days! I catch myself sometimes and scry as a Noc, but often end up changing the breed anyway.

…Tiers are hard when there's multiple breeds and poses to try to consider! I think I did very well, really. Anyway, my takeaway from this is that I'm really glad that breeds aren't limited to the flight they originated from or I would really be struggling.
S Tier, amazing showstopping spectacular :
Fire, for sure. Like Coatls are already a super great breed, one of my favorite moderns, but then they get Banescales too?? my favorite ancient??

Nature, yall have been so blessed ^.^ Wildclaws are one of the best modern breeds out there, and then Boas to top it off?? truly perfect!

Light OKAY I KNOW there's no ancient yet BUT! light has two of the most magnificent modern breeds on the site and I just had to place it up here, hoping they get a good ancient! ^.^

A Tier, we love to see it:
Plague I can't wait to visit plague, love yalls vibes first off. And Aberrations??? sso so nice, i adore them. Mirrors i like a tiny bit less but I have a few in my lair that I honestly wouldn't trade for the world, it's a good breed!

Wind I'm so excited for the ancient for this flight! Also Spirals might be the best modern, there I said it!! And skydancers are just so nice too. very good breeds here :)

Earth, i'm not sure how controversial this is but i absolutely love the ancient. I think feelings will start to warm up over time hopefully! But then earth also gets Snappers which are just silly guys AND obelisks? Nice :D

C Tier, i like them but ehh. not my personal favorites:
Shadow, don't get me wrong, I love veils and nocs but I feel like it's lacking slightly. We need a good shadow rep breed that really screams shadows and darkness, y'know?

Water, undertides are CARRYING! i love guardians too but i always forget they exist :/

Lightning There's good options here, I won't lie. Ridgies are an amazing modern but I had to put it here because of Sandsurges. I adore them but... I don't know?? It just felt right to place this in the middle grounds i guess?

Arcane. Okay, i had no idea where to place this one. Arcane is my home flight and I love it but, Faes. I like them? but they just... frustrate me to no end. It's hard to dress them, and they just look kind of weird which is nice but, I don't know. They're my least favorite breed tbh. Only reason this isn't in D tier is because Aethers are carrying lool

D Tier, i feel too bad to put any in F so D tier it is!:
Ice. I really really hate to say it but yeah. Gaolers are nice and I'm surprised that they are the ONLY ancient I haven't latched onto, as I'm a huge ancient fan. And deer are my favorite animals and they have antlers but still they just don't stick with me. And Tundras are great but not my favorite modern either.
S Tier, amazing showstopping spectacular :
Fire, for sure. Like Coatls are already a super great breed, one of my favorite moderns, but then they get Banescales too?? my favorite ancient??

Nature, yall have been so blessed ^.^ Wildclaws are one of the best modern breeds out there, and then Boas to top it off?? truly perfect!

Light OKAY I KNOW there's no ancient yet BUT! light has two of the most magnificent modern breeds on the site and I just had to place it up here, hoping they get a good ancient! ^.^

A Tier, we love to see it:
Plague I can't wait to visit plague, love yalls vibes first off. And Aberrations??? sso so nice, i adore them. Mirrors i like a tiny bit less but I have a few in my lair that I honestly wouldn't trade for the world, it's a good breed!

Wind I'm so excited for the ancient for this flight! Also Spirals might be the best modern, there I said it!! And skydancers are just so nice too. very good breeds here :)

Earth, i'm not sure how controversial this is but i absolutely love the ancient. I think feelings will start to warm up over time hopefully! But then earth also gets Snappers which are just silly guys AND obelisks? Nice :D

C Tier, i like them but ehh. not my personal favorites:
Shadow, don't get me wrong, I love veils and nocs but I feel like it's lacking slightly. We need a good shadow rep breed that really screams shadows and darkness, y'know?

Water, undertides are CARRYING! i love guardians too but i always forget they exist :/

Lightning There's good options here, I won't lie. Ridgies are an amazing modern but I had to put it here because of Sandsurges. I adore them but... I don't know?? It just felt right to place this in the middle grounds i guess?

Arcane. Okay, i had no idea where to place this one. Arcane is my home flight and I love it but, Faes. I like them? but they just... frustrate me to no end. It's hard to dress them, and they just look kind of weird which is nice but, I don't know. They're my least favorite breed tbh. Only reason this isn't in D tier is because Aethers are carrying lool

D Tier, i feel too bad to put any in F so D tier it is!:
Ice. I really really hate to say it but yeah. Gaolers are nice and I'm surprised that they are the ONLY ancient I haven't latched onto, as I'm a huge ancient fan. And deer are my favorite animals and they have antlers but still they just don't stick with me. And Tundras are great but not my favorite modern either.
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
S Tier
Arcane: Look, I have a whole fae subspecies. Aethers are the cutest. I just can't ethically rate them any lower than the absolute top
Wind: Same as Arcane, I love both breeds. One is my top favorite of all time (skydancers, specifically f pose) and the other is also up there (spirals). Hoping I love their ancient just as much when it finally arrives!

A Tier
Light: Pearlcatchers have a special place in my heart. Imps are nice too.
Lightning: Honestly don't have much of either Lightning breed, but like...I do enjoy them. Bonus points for flight loyalty.

B Tier
Nature: Wildclaws and auraboas are both solid breeds. The way the feathers interact with genes on auraboas in particular is so neat. Great ancient.
Plague: Mirrors are underrated cuties, and aberrations also have a lot of really neat looks. Both have top tier adorable hatchling art.
Shadow: I love nocturnes, they're so fun to scry. Veils are also great, especially when the gene gives their manes a gradient, like constellation.

C Tier
Earth: Snapper babies and female pose are so cute, but I hate the male pose. Obelisks are good too and so are dusthides, but none of them are a breed I find myself gravitating toward.
Fire: Coatls and banescales are both so...okay? They're not particularly thrilling to work with. Just fine. Good breeds, but not much to say about them.
Water: I don't particularly like guardians and I find undertide genes hard to work with, but they're both good on occasion. Overall have a love-hate relationship with both breeds.

D Tier
Ice: Look........I'm just not a tundra fan. And gaolers are just bulky tundras. Baby gaolers are cute, but otherwise both breeds just aren't that appealing to me. Sorry Ice :(
S Tier
Arcane: Look, I have a whole fae subspecies. Aethers are the cutest. I just can't ethically rate them any lower than the absolute top
Wind: Same as Arcane, I love both breeds. One is my top favorite of all time (skydancers, specifically f pose) and the other is also up there (spirals). Hoping I love their ancient just as much when it finally arrives!

A Tier
Light: Pearlcatchers have a special place in my heart. Imps are nice too.
Lightning: Honestly don't have much of either Lightning breed, but like...I do enjoy them. Bonus points for flight loyalty.

B Tier
Nature: Wildclaws and auraboas are both solid breeds. The way the feathers interact with genes on auraboas in particular is so neat. Great ancient.
Plague: Mirrors are underrated cuties, and aberrations also have a lot of really neat looks. Both have top tier adorable hatchling art.
Shadow: I love nocturnes, they're so fun to scry. Veils are also great, especially when the gene gives their manes a gradient, like constellation.

C Tier
Earth: Snapper babies and female pose are so cute, but I hate the male pose. Obelisks are good too and so are dusthides, but none of them are a breed I find myself gravitating toward.
Fire: Coatls and banescales are both so...okay? They're not particularly thrilling to work with. Just fine. Good breeds, but not much to say about them.
Water: I don't particularly like guardians and I find undertide genes hard to work with, but they're both good on occasion. Overall have a love-hate relationship with both breeds.

D Tier
Ice: Look........I'm just not a tundra fan. And gaolers are just bulky tundras. Baby gaolers are cute, but otherwise both breeds just aren't that appealing to me. Sorry Ice :(
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
[center][s][i]Also a disclaimer that I think every breed has its good and bad examples and there's none of them that I truly despise lol[/i][/s] [b]Best Tier[/b] [emoji=plague rune size=1] Plague: I love abbeys so much it's not even funny. And mirrors are fantastic, especially the female pose! [emoji=arcane rune size=1] Arcane: Faes might be my favorite breed on the site and aethers have such a charm to them! [b]Great Tier![/b] [emoji=light rune size=1] Light: The only reason they're down a tier is because I don't really like the female imp pose, it's just way too hard for me to dress. But otherwise imps and pearlcatchers are 10/10, no notes [emoji=shadow rune size=1] Shadow: Same reason as above except with the male nocturne pose. Veils are incredible and female nocturnes are so graceful but I couldn't dress a male nocturne if I tried (and I have... so many times) [b]Pretty Nice![/b] [emoji=water rune size=1] Water: I love male undertides so much and female guardians are usually alright but female undertides and male guardians... meh tier [emoji=ice rune size=1] Ice: Tundras are great and gaolers are nice :) No intensely strong opinions though I do like them [emoji=lightning rune size=1] Lightning: Sandsurges are great, ridgebacks are... nice. Bit hit or miss but they've got some winners! [emoji=wind rune size=1] Wind: Big fan of skydancers, though I do think they get overhyped sometimes. And I like male spirals a lot but neither breed is usually my go-to these days [emoji=nature rune size=1] Nature: Auraboas are fine... Not really a strong opinion on them honestly. But I do like wildclaws :D [b]Meh...[/b] [emoji=earth rune size=1] Earth: I like the new dusthides but snappers and obelisks are so hit or miss for me honestly... I've seen some gorgeous ones but never been able to find a keeper for myself sadly [emoji=fire rune size=1] Fire: While I do love both of these breeds, I just don't really have a strong opinion on them most of the time. They're just nice I guess. Great choices but not in my top winners most of the time
Also a disclaimer that I think every breed has its good and bad examples and there's none of them that I truly despise lol

Best Tier
Plague: I love abbeys so much it's not even funny. And mirrors are fantastic, especially the female pose!
Arcane: Faes might be my favorite breed on the site and aethers have such a charm to them!

Great Tier!
Light: The only reason they're down a tier is because I don't really like the female imp pose, it's just way too hard for me to dress. But otherwise imps and pearlcatchers are 10/10, no notes
Shadow: Same reason as above except with the male nocturne pose. Veils are incredible and female nocturnes are so graceful but I couldn't dress a male nocturne if I tried (and I have... so many times)

Pretty Nice!
Water: I love male undertides so much and female guardians are usually alright but female undertides and male guardians... meh tier
Ice: Tundras are great and gaolers are nice :) No intensely strong opinions though I do like them
Lightning: Sandsurges are great, ridgebacks are... nice. Bit hit or miss but they've got some winners!
Wind: Big fan of skydancers, though I do think they get overhyped sometimes. And I like male spirals a lot but neither breed is usually my go-to these days
Nature: Auraboas are fine... Not really a strong opinion on them honestly. But I do like wildclaws :D

Meh...
Earth: I like the new dusthides but snappers and obelisks are so hit or miss for me honestly... I've seen some gorgeous ones but never been able to find a keeper for myself sadly
Fire: While I do love both of these breeds, I just don't really have a strong opinion on them most of the time. They're just nice I guess. Great choices but not in my top winners most of the time
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown buttone eyes. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a red wildclaw from the neck up with pink feathers.
Ooh, fun! :D Here are my rankings! (mostly but not 100% based on how interested I am in acquiring more of them) [rule] [b]S Tier[/b] [emoji=lightning rune size=1] Lightning: I agree, Ridgebacks and their snoots are perfect and Sandsurge is my absolute favorite breed! [emoji=arcane rune size=1] Arcane: I love Faes and Aethers! They're both cute and silly in their own ways and I have quite a bunch of them. [emoji=earth rune size=1] Earth: Snappers are adorable and look like dependable friends! I'm less enthusiastic about Obies but they are cute and fluffy. And I absolutely LOVE Dusthides-- they're so adorable and jolly and I'm looking forward to getting more! [emoji=question mark size=1] Unaligned: I love you Bogsneaks, you're so silly [b]A Tier[/b] [emoji=water rune size=1] Water: I looooove Guardians! Undertides are interesting, I love their tert genes-- it's been on my agenda to get an Undertide sometime... [emoji=fire rune size=1] Fire: Coatls are among the cutest breeds to me! I only have one Banescale but I like the breed's lore. [emoji=plague rune size=1] Plague: Ironically, I'm not a fan of the Plague aesthetic but I love the breeds! Mirrors are like chaotic puppies. And Abbies are fun and unique :) [b]B Tier [/b][emoji=wind rune size=1] Wind: I love Spirals a lot!!! Skydancers aren't my go-to breed but their lore is nice and think the splooting hatchling pose is cuuute. [emoji=ice rune size=1] Ice: I like Tundras! Not a breed I collect but I think they're pretty endearing. Gaolers are also pretty cool. Interesting lore and I appreciate how fluffy they are. [b]C Tier [/b][emoji=shadow rune size=1] Shadow: I think Nocturnes are cute and I've been planning to get one... eventually. Veilspun have interesting designs, it's just that they don't call out to me personally. I can see their appeal though! [emoji=nature rune size=1] Nature: Wildclaws generally aren't so striking to me.... but I do have a specific planned breeding pair of them for an important breeding project! Auraboas are cool, but I don't need any more. [emoji=light rune size=1] Light: Reverse of Plague up there. I love the Light aesthetic, the themes, the eye color-- but for some reason I don't feel interest in collecting the breeds. :< Oddly, I like the lore though! And love my two Imperials and one Pearlcatcher, they are all forever homed. [rule] I don't really dislike any breed enough to put them in D lol! Even if there's a breed I "don't like much," there are exceptions and/or I can appreciate some factors about them. :)
Ooh, fun! :D Here are my rankings! (mostly but not 100% based on how interested I am in acquiring more of them)

S Tier
Lightning: I agree, Ridgebacks and their snoots are perfect and Sandsurge is my absolute favorite breed!

Arcane: I love Faes and Aethers! They're both cute and silly in their own ways and I have quite a bunch of them.

Earth: Snappers are adorable and look like dependable friends! I'm less enthusiastic about Obies but they are cute and fluffy. And I absolutely LOVE Dusthides-- they're so adorable and jolly and I'm looking forward to getting more!

Unaligned: I love you Bogsneaks, you're so silly

A Tier

Water: I looooove Guardians! Undertides are interesting, I love their tert genes-- it's been on my agenda to get an Undertide sometime...

Fire: Coatls are among the cutest breeds to me! I only have one Banescale but I like the breed's lore.

Plague: Ironically, I'm not a fan of the Plague aesthetic but I love the breeds! Mirrors are like chaotic puppies. And Abbies are fun and unique :)

B Tier
Wind: I love Spirals a lot!!! Skydancers aren't my go-to breed but their lore is nice and think the splooting hatchling pose is cuuute.

Ice: I like Tundras! Not a breed I collect but I think they're pretty endearing. Gaolers are also pretty cool. Interesting lore and I appreciate how fluffy they are.

C Tier
Shadow: I think Nocturnes are cute and I've been planning to get one... eventually. Veilspun have interesting designs, it's just that they don't call out to me personally. I can see their appeal though!

Nature: Wildclaws generally aren't so striking to me.... but I do have a specific planned breeding pair of them for an important breeding project! Auraboas are cool, but I don't need any more.

Light: Reverse of Plague up there. I love the Light aesthetic, the themes, the eye color-- but for some reason I don't feel interest in collecting the breeds. :< Oddly, I like the lore though! And love my two Imperials and one Pearlcatcher, they are all forever homed.

I don't really dislike any breed enough to put them in D lol! Even if there's a breed I "don't like much," there are exceptions and/or I can appreciate some factors about them. :)
MG7PtA4.png
Ami | she/her
bullet.pngbullet.pngbullet.pngbullet.pngbullet.png
pYQ3oQC.gif
0vW8aup.png
Favs: [emoji=earth rune size=1][emoji=shadow rune size=1][emoji=nature rune size=1] I love all earth breeds, veilspuns are another huge fav of mine, female nocturnes are ok and elegant, auraboas are a huge favorite breed too, wildclaws as well. Good enough to like: [emoji=arcane rune size=1][emoji=lightning rune size=1][emoji=plague rune size=1] I do love faes and aethers to a good degree, I adora sandsurges especially the females, ridgebacks are interesting , I love aberrations tho mirrors nooot a lot but the males are ok. Works sometimes: [emoji=light rune size=1][emoji=fire rune size=1][emoji=wind rune size=1] Imps are good, but pearls aren't my favs, coatls are amazing but I really don't like banes, skydancers and spirals are ok but mmmm not my favs for sure. Ah, usually I dislike them: [emoji=ice rune size=1][emoji=water rune size=1] Gaolers are cute but boring, tundras are a big no, undertides are ok only if they are females or have jellyfish tert, guardians...are not my favs unless they happen to have a creative possibility to them.
Favs:
I love all earth breeds, veilspuns are another huge fav of mine, female nocturnes are ok and elegant, auraboas are a huge favorite breed too, wildclaws as well.

Good enough to like:
I do love faes and aethers to a good degree, I adora sandsurges especially the females, ridgebacks are interesting , I love aberrations tho mirrors nooot a lot but the males are ok.

Works sometimes:
Imps are good, but pearls aren't my favs, coatls are amazing but I really don't like banes, skydancers and spirals are ok but mmmm not my favs for sure.

Ah, usually I dislike them:
Gaolers are cute but boring, tundras are a big no, undertides are ok only if they are females or have jellyfish tert, guardians...are not my favs unless they happen to have a creative possibility to them.
[ Primals,Pastels,Darks&G1s lover - Chill - Calm ]

FMoJ9vk.pngxKIpW2A.png10Weczj.png

aura • straight • cis female • engaged • calm • friendly • silly • happy • poetic
02-IIMjz-EYx-M8.pngtfi-LZk8-Jw-YA5.pngN3pp-Tuc-Bib-NT.pngt-UDfq-Mi8jmg8.png
1 2 3