Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Does anyone else name dragons after...
1 2 3 4 5
I usually try to think of something that fits my dragons' color scheme, which sometimes ends up being a random noun. A lot of them end up being named after food, don't ask me why.

I also name all my fodder "Sunbeam" because they're heading right for the lightweaver.
I usually try to think of something that fits my dragons' color scheme, which sometimes ends up being a random noun. A lot of them end up being named after food, don't ask me why.

I also name all my fodder "Sunbeam" because they're heading right for the lightweaver.
formatting these forum signatures is hard. tumblr_p6atnvb3xd1vffxj3o2_100.png
Haha, some words are so fun it seems a shame not to use them! I like how using them as names just carries this immediate list of associations. (Or sometimes, it's like. what. why are you named that. what could that possibly MEAN)
Haha, some words are so fun it seems a shame not to use them! I like how using them as names just carries this immediate list of associations. (Or sometimes, it's like. what. why are you named that. what could that possibly MEAN)
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="ShiningDawn" date="2024-01-16 06:47:30" ] I usually try to think of something that fits my dragons' color scheme, which sometimes ends up being a random noun. A lot of them end up being named after food, don't ask me why. [/quote] I enjoy food names but I mostly have/breed cool-range dragons that don't fit too well. I'm lowkey happy when I pick up brown-range fodder so I can name them Mocha, Hazelnut, Biscuit, etc. I also have a perma named Toast who is one of said fodder who ended up sticking around.
ShiningDawn wrote on 2024-01-16 06:47:30:
I enjoy food names but I mostly have/breed cool-range dragons that don't fit too well. I'm lowkey happy when I pick up brown-range fodder so I can name them Mocha, Hazelnut, Biscuit, etc. I also have a perma named Toast who is one of said fodder who ended up sticking around.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
i mean, i have Dirge and Fester.
i mean, i have Dirge and Fester.
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
Absolutely, I usually name my dragons after words relating to their flight, job, or colors. My progens are an exception, I have no idea what I was thinking there.
Absolutely, I usually name my dragons after words relating to their flight, job, or colors. My progens are an exception, I have no idea what I was thinking there.
any pronouns except it/its
my name is Roe or Orange
FR time +2
I tend to overuse exclamation points, I promise I'm not yelling at you!
I named my first dragon complex despite being all basic until like two years ago so
Yes?
I named my first dragon complex despite being all basic until like two years ago so
Yes?
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
too often. i have illnesses as quite a few to make it spicy!
too often. i have illnesses as quite a few to make it spicy!
WE EXIST. WE ARE OUTCAST. WE ROT.UwlzUwS.png
0d45356f19837fb05cec4453e18ee122300553d4.gif29b800cf24f6ec12304b325bec9529ccd9bb6b53.gif
My names are all over the place! Some are a random word, some are made up noises that sound good together, some are words smashed together!
My names are all over the place! Some are a random word, some are made up noises that sound good together, some are words smashed together!
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
Names in my lair include:

- Neurological condition

- Marker Brand

- Mispelt Pokemon

- Streamer

- Fish

- Rare Earth element

- Explosive chemical

- Video game character (explicitly NOT a fandragon)
Names in my lair include:

- Neurological condition

- Marker Brand

- Mispelt Pokemon

- Streamer

- Fish

- Rare Earth element

- Explosive chemical

- Video game character (explicitly NOT a fandragon)
3cfd76cef7c18c67807bba6438d0d1c0eea46682.png Stilll don't know what to put here...

Skin Shop

Wishlist!
Click on my children
[
Oh yeah I take words that look like the aesthetic the dragon gives off, and then I get the Czech translations for said words and roll with that. I have a looooot of dragons who have cool Czech names that are actually relatively simple. Lesnipozar for instance just straight up means 'forest fire' haha [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89273516][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/892736/89273516_350.png[/img][/url] Sometimes I have dragons come in already named, and those can be funny. I have a DRONE who was definitely meant to be a fodder dragon, but who I fell in love with all the same. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64298720][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/642988/64298720_350.png[/img][/url] And I have given dragons funny names on purpose before! I have a RockOne and RockTwo as a pair for a breeding project. And then I also have [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81814654][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/818147/81814654_350.png[/img][/url] TheDude. I'd actually asked my mom what I should name this dragon and this is what she suggested haha. But yeah!! I have all kinds of simple and silly names for my dragons!
Oh yeah I take words that look like the aesthetic the dragon gives off, and then I get the Czech translations for said words and roll with that. I have a looooot of dragons who have cool Czech names that are actually relatively simple.

Lesnipozar for instance just straight up means 'forest fire' haha

89273516_350.png

Sometimes I have dragons come in already named, and those can be funny. I have a DRONE who was definitely meant to be a fodder dragon, but who I fell in love with all the same.

64298720_350.png

And I have given dragons funny names on purpose before! I have a RockOne and RockTwo as a pair for a breeding project. And then I also have

81814654_350.png

TheDude.
I'd actually asked my mom what I should name this dragon and this is what she suggested haha.

But yeah!! I have all kinds of simple and silly names for my dragons!
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
18 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
export202312061716059087.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png