Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are things being released too fast?
1 2 3 4
When I first started playing this game five or so years ago, it seemed like the frequency of new content being released was quite slow. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but all of the new genes and familiars and ancients feel like they're a little rushed. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed all of the new content, I especially like the new achievement system, but I feel like I've barely had time to explore all of these new genes and new breeds before I get bombarded with the next big thing. And yeah, I know there's nothing wrong with taking my time and waiting for things to go down in price a bit, but it doesn't feel like there's very much breathing room to focus on new breeds or new genes for a while.

Thoughts?
When I first started playing this game five or so years ago, it seemed like the frequency of new content being released was quite slow. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but all of the new genes and familiars and ancients feel like they're a little rushed. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed all of the new content, I especially like the new achievement system, but I feel like I've barely had time to explore all of these new genes and new breeds before I get bombarded with the next big thing. And yeah, I know there's nothing wrong with taking my time and waiting for things to go down in price a bit, but it doesn't feel like there's very much breathing room to focus on new breeds or new genes for a while.

Thoughts?
I DEMAND MORE GIRAFFES
+1 FR Time
Very picky with terts
No need to ping if it's my post
I'm of the opinion that more things is never a bad thing-

that being said- as someone who prefers modern breeds over ancient sometimes the hype does wear off pretty fast for them. Though I know modern breeds take a lot more time to make- the last one we got (obelisk) is not a fav of mine so it was kind of disappointing.

It's also a valid concern that- once all the flights get their own ancient- will the site just continue to release a lot more ancients than moderns? Since they are faster to release because of no apparel. I don't know how I feel about a future where ancients are like 5:1 vs modern breeds

but when it comes to apparel and genes I'm always down for more- especially if it's a new modern gene- specifically terts.

I think we really need some more good modern terts- as a lot of them are awkward or hard to work with (I wish i liked koi so bad but the random face splotches just throw me off). And the REALLY good ones are always gem genes (opal and soap are two of my favs- not super complaining as I get them anyways but ya know)- so it would be exciting to see some more fancy treasure or coli terts
I'm of the opinion that more things is never a bad thing-

that being said- as someone who prefers modern breeds over ancient sometimes the hype does wear off pretty fast for them. Though I know modern breeds take a lot more time to make- the last one we got (obelisk) is not a fav of mine so it was kind of disappointing.

It's also a valid concern that- once all the flights get their own ancient- will the site just continue to release a lot more ancients than moderns? Since they are faster to release because of no apparel. I don't know how I feel about a future where ancients are like 5:1 vs modern breeds

but when it comes to apparel and genes I'm always down for more- especially if it's a new modern gene- specifically terts.

I think we really need some more good modern terts- as a lot of them are awkward or hard to work with (I wish i liked koi so bad but the random face splotches just throw me off). And the REALLY good ones are always gem genes (opal and soap are two of my favs- not super complaining as I get them anyways but ya know)- so it would be exciting to see some more fancy treasure or coli terts
AfRTSgB.png Pgv53XB.png QiBUfoO.png 6meUms1.png
aC86tUH.png kCHWEjf.png y41plqc.png Yw8EvNQ.png
GLMwkdE.png zl1ZGZ2.png gYW0j5f.png U0bFCPN.png
qN1OyUr.png ebjDWAS.png njCJq66.png J7D1quC.png
My only concern with the frequency of content is whether the artists have a good work-life balance. Though I'm glad the brief "release a gene every month" stint was short lived back in the day. There are significantly more artists working for the site now than there used to be. I think the current rapid-fire ancients is from them wanting sandsurges to be a "bonus" to our usualy 2 ancient a year schedule too.
My only concern with the frequency of content is whether the artists have a good work-life balance. Though I'm glad the brief "release a gene every month" stint was short lived back in the day. There are significantly more artists working for the site now than there used to be. I think the current rapid-fire ancients is from them wanting sandsurges to be a "bonus" to our usualy 2 ancient a year schedule too.
As long as it does not overload the team and does not affect the quality, it is all right. The staff knows the best what they are capable of doing. I am always for quality over quantity boat and do not mind about waiting. There have been a lot going on lately. It can be overwhelming, but it is all right take time to interact them. Then jump to the new stuff when feeling like it.
As long as it does not overload the team and does not affect the quality, it is all right. The staff knows the best what they are capable of doing. I am always for quality over quantity boat and do not mind about waiting. There have been a lot going on lately. It can be overwhelming, but it is all right take time to interact them. Then jump to the new stuff when feeling like it.
I think dragons are being released too fast because I procrastinate too much on geneing my new ones and now I have too many projects. [emoji=wildclaw tongue size=1]
I think dragons are being released too fast because I procrastinate too much on geneing my new ones and now I have too many projects.
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
The staff have assured us over and over that they don't force content to come out quickly - they work to maintain a healthy work environment for their team exactly so that they don't force crunches. So no, I'm not concerned. Personally I find the breathing room between breeds/genes to be perfectly fine
The staff have assured us over and over that they don't force content to come out quickly - they work to maintain a healthy work environment for their team exactly so that they don't force crunches. So no, I'm not concerned. Personally I find the breathing room between breeds/genes to be perfectly fine
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
as a newer player who plays for hours daily, i really enjoy this pace!
as a newer player who plays for hours daily, i really enjoy this pace!
underoath-envy.gif | Malice or Jolene | wishlist | sales | 9S8BEmF.gif
I think it's fine, as long as the staff are fine.
You don't need to experience everything right when it comes out, and in fact it would likely be more healthy for your wallet not to lol.
I think it's fine, as long as the staff are fine.
You don't need to experience everything right when it comes out, and in fact it would likely be more healthy for your wallet not to lol.
natureshieldl.pngPlease PM if I missed your ping.natureshieldr.png
I've said this in a previous thread on the topic but I'm fine with the release schedule as long as it's sustainable for the artists.

I've largely been ignoring the side wide hype with every release and just going at my own pace. I honestly think ancients are much more enjoyable if you stop thinking of them as the Next Big Thing and instead a fun little toy you can check out when you feel like it.
I've said this in a previous thread on the topic but I'm fine with the release schedule as long as it's sustainable for the artists.

I've largely been ignoring the side wide hype with every release and just going at my own pace. I honestly think ancients are much more enjoyable if you stop thinking of them as the Next Big Thing and instead a fun little toy you can check out when you feel like it.
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
I'm a bit conflicted. I like new stuff, and all the excitement and hype whenever something new is released. All the new releases feel polished/high-quality and not rushed.

However, for both the aether and sandsurge release I felt a bit of "huh? we just got a new ancient though?" I think I'd prefer the new content focus being on genes for existing breeds and new apparel, instead of new ancient breeds.
I'm a bit conflicted. I like new stuff, and all the excitement and hype whenever something new is released. All the new releases feel polished/high-quality and not rushed.

However, for both the aether and sandsurge release I felt a bit of "huh? we just got a new ancient though?" I think I'd prefer the new content focus being on genes for existing breeds and new apparel, instead of new ancient breeds.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
1 2 3 4