Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How are you doing the Shock Switch ach?
1 2 3 4 5
Is anyone else [ND] actually not able to figure out how the pieces move?

As in, you've put in over an hour playing, and each time you tap a piece it has maybe a 2 out of 3 chance of doing what you expect it to but about 1/3 of the time the piece goes an unexpected direction or a different piece moves?

The directions don't really explain anything.

As in, you've put in over an hour playing, and each time you tap a piece it has maybe a 2 out of 3 chance of doing what you expect it to but about 1/3 of the time the piece goes an unexpected direction or a different piece moves?

NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
@Aquafilia

When you hover over 2 blocks you're simply switching their places. If you hover over one block, say left block, and click on it, it will switch to the right side. A lone right block will switch to the left side. Hence the name of the game: Shock Switch.
@Aquafilia

When you hover over 2 blocks you're simply switching their places. If you hover over one block, say left block, and click on it, it will switch to the right side. A lone right block will switch to the left side. Hence the name of the game: Shock Switch.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
[quote name="Aquafilia" date="2023-06-09 17:38:50" ] Is anyone else [ND] actually not able to figure out how the pieces move? As in, you've put in over an hour playing, and each time you tap a piece it has maybe a 2 out of 3 chance of doing what you expect it to but about 1/3 of the time the piece goes an unexpected direction or a different piece moves? The directions don't really explain anything. [/quote] Shock Switch does not function well on mobile. It is meant to be played with a keyboard or mouse. An indicator on the screen typically shows which two blocks will be swapped, but this indicator snaps to the cursor or wherever it has been moved to by a keyboard.
Aquafilia wrote on 2023-06-09 17:38:50:

Shock Switch does not function well on mobile. It is meant to be played with a keyboard or mouse. An indicator on the screen typically shows which two blocks will be swapped, but this indicator snaps to the cursor or wherever it has been moved to by a keyboard.
Water Runestone WishlistFlairotlsFTU Bio GeneratorWant Prismatic Tokens?
Forum pings and PMs welcome.
Most of lair is in HibDen and open for forum games.
This Water Runestone is the most decoration this signature has ever had. I know, it scares me too.
[quote name="Dragon2NEO" date="2023-06-09 17:46:16" ] [quote name="Aquafilia" date="2023-06-09 17:38:50" ] Is anyone else [ND] actually not able to figure out how the pieces move? As in, you've put in over an hour playing, and each time you tap a piece it has maybe a 2 out of 3 chance of doing what you expect it to but about 1/3 of the time the piece goes an unexpected direction or a different piece moves? The directions don't really explain anything. [/quote] Shock Switch does not function well on mobile. It is meant to be played with a keyboard or mouse. An indicator on the screen typically shows which two blocks will be swapped, but this indicator snaps to the cursor or wherever it has been moved to by a keyboard. [/quote] Insert half-hysterical laughter here. (Also- THANK YOU. This explains a great deal.)
Dragon2NEO wrote on 2023-06-09 17:46:16:
Aquafilia wrote on 2023-06-09 17:38:50:

Shock Switch does not function well on mobile. It is meant to be played with a keyboard or mouse. An indicator on the screen typically shows which two blocks will be swapped, but this indicator snaps to the cursor or wherever it has been moved to by a keyboard.

Insert half-hysterical laughter here.

(Also- THANK YOU. This explains a great deal.)
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
I'd recommend Easy or Very Easy for those finding themselves regularly losing a lot of games before they reach their target score.

Four block types can make a huge difference compared to the Hard difficulties' six, and fewer block types on the board means quick and easy matching and a less likely situation where the board gets away from you long enough to end your game.

Easy modes also just go at a much more manageable speed, and ramp up in speed slowly. It'll still be a real marathon as you score fewer points on easy modes, but the skill required to get that target score on Very Easy is at a much lower ceiling than when playing on Very Hard.
I'd recommend Easy or Very Easy for those finding themselves regularly losing a lot of games before they reach their target score.

Four block types can make a huge difference compared to the Hard difficulties' six, and fewer block types on the board means quick and easy matching and a less likely situation where the board gets away from you long enough to end your game.

Easy modes also just go at a much more manageable speed, and ramp up in speed slowly. It'll still be a real marathon as you score fewer points on easy modes, but the skill required to get that target score on Very Easy is at a much lower ceiling than when playing on Very Hard.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I have never even played that game. My old netbook could not handle it years ago. Then I was stuck on mobile for years. Now I own a laptop but I do not own a mouse so I think I don't even have to attempt to play it until I own a mouse.
I have never even played that game. My old netbook could not handle it years ago. Then I was stuck on mobile for years. Now I own a laptop but I do not own a mouse so I think I don't even have to attempt to play it until I own a mouse.
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2023-06-09 18:22:05" ] I'd recommend Easy or Very Easy for those finding themselves regularly losing a lot of games before they reach their target score. Four block types can make a huge difference compared to the Hard difficulties' six, and fewer block types on the board means quick and easy matching and a less likely situation where the board gets away from you long enough to end your game. Easy modes also just go at a much more manageable speed, and ramp up in speed slowly. It'll still be a real marathon as you score fewer points on easy modes, but the skill required to get that target score on Very Easy is at a much lower ceiling than when playing on Very Hard. [/quote] I've tried every difficulty, and I was an hour and 2 minutes in and only at 500k on very easy. The best way I found wasn't even on easy. It was on normal, not even trying to play, just frantically clicking in a circle for like 50 minutes. I finally got it, but 0/10 would NOT do it again.
Zenzic wrote on 2023-06-09 18:22:05:

I've tried every difficulty, and I was an hour and 2 minutes in and only at 500k on very easy.

The best way I found wasn't even on easy. It was on normal, not even trying to play, just frantically clicking in a circle for like 50 minutes.

I finally got it, but 0/10 would NOT do it again.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
I did one Easy mode run for about two hours and got to 750k and then got topped out :(. At least I got like 30kt from it that I would've gotten in about 4 minutes with G&G anyways...
I did one Easy mode run for about two hours and got to 750k and then got topped out :(. At least I got like 30kt from it that I would've gotten in about 4 minutes with G&G anyways...
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
I'm starting to get the feeling the devs haven't played their own minigames to set these achievement levels the way they did.
I'm starting to get the feeling the devs haven't played their own minigames to set these achievement levels the way they did.
"Froggy"/"Hypo" =o= Adult =o= (FR+3)
naturetop.png
[quote name="MissAri" date="2023-06-09 16:06:55" ] Very Hard difficulty, [b]use the keybinds instead of clicking[/b], and put on a video essay or playlist while you zone out. I'm not sure how to explain this in text but you can set yourself up for bonus combos while the animations are still running and the blocks haven't dropped yet. [/quote] And TIL that shock switch has keyboard controls. Honestly those have been a huge help
MissAri wrote on 2023-06-09 16:06:55:
Very Hard difficulty, use the keybinds instead of clicking, and put on a video essay or playlist while you zone out. I'm not sure how to explain this in text but you can set yourself up for bonus combos while the animations are still running and the blocks haven't dropped yet.

And TIL that shock switch has keyboard controls. Honestly those have been a huge help
Goop (SpiritMaask Adopt (link))
1 2 3 4 5