Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Imgur chaos
1 2 3 4 5
@Stellori So can I, for the record. Who created those buttons, again? Maybe they've got an imgur account.

EDIT: Other users have gotten to archiving them (link)
@Stellori So can I, for the record. Who created those buttons, again? Maybe they've got an imgur account.

EDIT: Other users have gotten to archiving them (link)
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
They broke it and us
They broke it and us
Well, it's the beginning of the end now :/
RIP to the images that will be lost to time.
Well, it's the beginning of the end now :/
RIP to the images that will be lost to time.
z7ICUK0.png1xdmSDp.pngK6fmQCc.png
[quote name="SnugglyCactus" date="2023-05-14 18:16:14" ] I think I got out of this one unscathed, more or less. Unless my dragons have bios full of broken images that I'm unaware of. So much internet history, gone in one second! [/quote] Breaking news: I lied, actually. I have at least one dragon with a completely broken bio, and a couple others with pictures missing here and there. Why were old images deleted, anyways? Server storage?
SnugglyCactus wrote on 2023-05-14 18:16:14:
I think I got out of this one unscathed, more or less. Unless my dragons have bios full of broken images that I'm unaware of. So much internet history, gone in one second!

Breaking news: I lied, actually. I have at least one dragon with a completely broken bio, and a couple others with pictures missing here and there.

Why were old images deleted, anyways? Server storage?
>:) evil text,, they/them
neurodivergent
nature flight
x6.png hTrS9lv.png n3.png certified
wildclaw
enjoyer
[quote name="SnugglyCactus" date="2023-05-15 04:54:04" ] [quote name="SnugglyCactus" date="2023-05-14 18:16:14" ] I think I got out of this one unscathed, more or less. Unless my dragons have bios full of broken images that I'm unaware of. So much internet history, gone in one second! [/quote] Breaking news: I lied, actually. I have at least one dragon with a completely broken bio, and a couple others with pictures missing here and there. Why were old images deleted, anyways? Server storage? [/quote] not server storage but rather more people were hosting anonymously than making accounts, which looks... really bad when writing business expenses. overall reminder, any image link works. you can upload pictures to twitter, tumblr, a discord server or chat, anywhere online and if you can right-click open in new tab then [i]you have the link and can insert it to flight rising from there.[/i]
SnugglyCactus wrote on 2023-05-15 04:54:04:
SnugglyCactus wrote on 2023-05-14 18:16:14:
I think I got out of this one unscathed, more or less. Unless my dragons have bios full of broken images that I'm unaware of. So much internet history, gone in one second!

Breaking news: I lied, actually. I have at least one dragon with a completely broken bio, and a couple others with pictures missing here and there.

Why were old images deleted, anyways? Server storage?

not server storage but rather more people were hosting anonymously than making accounts, which looks... really bad when writing business expenses.

overall reminder, any image link works. you can upload pictures to twitter, tumblr, a discord server or chat, anywhere online and if you can right-click open in new tab then you have the link and can insert it to flight rising from there.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
@Stellori @DeathbyPixelz @SnugglyCactus

Just a heads up and a general PSA, the reason imgur images are broken for a lot of people but not everyone RN, even if you have an imgur account, is because imgur started banning a bunch of IP addresses!

This was because so many people were trying to run bots to preserve/archive imgur, so they started banning large swaths of "problematic IPs", which includes just the ISPs themselves in a few cases which is affecting everyone that uses that provider/in specific areas. So, if images are broke for you rn, it's probably that your ISP's IP got blocked, and not the images being deleted!
@Stellori @DeathbyPixelz @SnugglyCactus

Just a heads up and a general PSA, the reason imgur images are broken for a lot of people but not everyone RN, even if you have an imgur account, is because imgur started banning a bunch of IP addresses!

This was because so many people were trying to run bots to preserve/archive imgur, so they started banning large swaths of "problematic IPs", which includes just the ISPs themselves in a few cases which is affecting everyone that uses that provider/in specific areas. So, if images are broke for you rn, it's probably that your ISP's IP got blocked, and not the images being deleted!
file.php?avatar=2017_1696138998.png

Heya, name's Allysun!
Pet site addict and chronically lazy.
One day I'll give my dragons nice profiles, I swear.

vzFxhEr.png
WIttPie.pngV7jLxQc.png
rGiFZvD.png
Free Palestine
Seems I'm fortunate enough to not have what badges I've put in my trainers' bios to not get wiped (for now at least), though I did take the time to back them all up on my computer regardless.
Seems I'm fortunate enough to not have what badges I've put in my trainers' bios to not get wiped (for now at least), though I did take the time to back them all up on my computer regardless.
@Allysun NOT even surprised they'd do that -_- Way to go, imgur, in repairing your image after this.
@Allysun NOT even surprised they'd do that -_- Way to go, imgur, in repairing your image after this.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
i need to start using discord *sweats*
i need to start using discord *sweats*
__ypte.png__ she/they | FR+9

» pixel adopts
» general art shop
» about
» other links
___
That’s what’s happening?? I was updating my clan bio yesterday and noticed many images were breaking but I thought it was my internet or something
That’s what’s happening?? I was updating my clan bio yesterday and noticed many images were breaking but I thought it was my internet or something
m87ieVe.png
1 2 3 4 5