Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Calling it: nature ancient = snake
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I hope not. The snake thing would be okay (personally I would rather not but I could deal with it as long as it was arboreal) but the justification irks me. Nature isn't wild and savage in the description, that's mostly plague stuff. In its description when people join nature is described as collaborative and nomadic healers. A snakey healer with healing venom would please me though.

Wild fits sure but that's why we have wildclaws. I'd love to see a calmer dragon for nature.

I like the deer or world turtle ideas quite a lot. Personally, I'm hoping for another wyvern that's more bird-like (floof). Because birds are dinos, wild claws, evolution, packs and flocks and birds just have friendly healer vibes. Plus a more unique shape, especially if the wings blend into the body (primary) more and say a tail + crest are the main secondary. I'd love that but I'm biased because I love birds.

Deer-like would be a similar body plan to the Sandsurge and I think nature has been confirmed to be next so they most likely won't be doing the same thing twice. I still would be very happy with that though. (unicorn, Unicorn! UNICORN!) World Turtle would be cool too and pretty different with the shell as secondary. I could see that happening if they can make it look dragon enough I'd also be happy with that.

Essentially, I'd be okay with a snake I'd rather have a lot of other things. Please let it be the healing and friendly side of nature and no stegosaurus (worst fear)

I hope not. The snake thing would be okay (personally I would rather not but I could deal with it as long as it was arboreal) but the justification irks me. Nature isn't wild and savage in the description, that's mostly plague stuff. In its description when people join nature is described as collaborative and nomadic healers. A snakey healer with healing venom would please me though.

Wild fits sure but that's why we have wildclaws. I'd love to see a calmer dragon for nature.

I like the deer or world turtle ideas quite a lot. Personally, I'm hoping for another wyvern that's more bird-like (floof). Because birds are dinos, wild claws, evolution, packs and flocks and birds just have friendly healer vibes. Plus a more unique shape, especially if the wings blend into the body (primary) more and say a tail + crest are the main secondary. I'd love that but I'm biased because I love birds.

Deer-like would be a similar body plan to the Sandsurge and I think nature has been confirmed to be next so they most likely won't be doing the same thing twice. I still would be very happy with that though. (unicorn, Unicorn! UNICORN!) World Turtle would be cool too and pretty different with the shell as secondary. I could see that happening if they can make it look dragon enough I'd also be happy with that.

Essentially, I'd be okay with a snake I'd rather have a lot of other things. Please let it be the healing and friendly side of nature and no stegosaurus (worst fear)

Main Den in Hibden

I can totally see somthing like quetzalcoatl [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Quetzalcoatl_telleriano.jpg/220px-Quetzalcoatl_telleriano.jpg[/img]
I can totally see somthing like quetzalcoatl
220px-Quetzalcoatl_telleriano.jpg
Accent shopCBsJXZk.gif Accent: Moonlight Halo Buy!
Personally I’m hoping for a wyrm Earth ancient rather than Nature, I feel like it would make a lot more sense. I don’t know exactly what I’m hoping for for Nature, but I personally hope it isn’t a stegosaur or similar dino-looking thing lol. Same with the turtles, turtles are cool but would it be fun to scry and have? People already dislike Snappers, and I worry another very bulky/round dragon won’t fare well. Regardless I will probably still like the ancient no matter what, since it’s my flight’s of course. I’m very excited to see what it will be [emoji=spiral laughing size=1]
Personally I’m hoping for a wyrm Earth ancient rather than Nature, I feel like it would make a lot more sense. I don’t know exactly what I’m hoping for for Nature, but I personally hope it isn’t a stegosaur or similar dino-looking thing lol. Same with the turtles, turtles are cool but would it be fun to scry and have? People already dislike Snappers, and I worry another very bulky/round dragon won’t fare well.

Regardless I will probably still like the ancient no matter what, since it’s my flight’s of course. I’m very excited to see what it will be
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
[center][b]So, what do you think?[/b] Idk, but it would be cool. [b]Do you think this would be a cool ancient for nature?[/b] Yes. [b]Do you agree or disagree with my reasoning?[/b] I haven't seen the livestream, so I cannot say. ----- What I think would be a cool nature ancient: Frog/salamander themed! Personally I really like smaller frogs too. (The smaller and rounder the better, through that aesthetic might be better suited to the earth domain I think!) I think blossom, gliders, fans and porcupine would be super cute on such a dragon too! [img]https://i.imgur.com/p4z080t.png[/img][/center]
So, what do you think?
Idk, but it would be cool.
Do you think this would be a cool ancient for nature?
Yes.
Do you agree or disagree with my reasoning?
I haven't seen the livestream, so I cannot say.

What I think would be a cool nature ancient:

Frog/salamander themed!
Personally I really like smaller frogs too. (The smaller and rounder the better, through that aesthetic might be better suited to the earth domain I think!)

I think blossom, gliders, fans and porcupine would be super cute on such a dragon too!

p4z080t.png
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tbh, I would love an axolotl or gills gene to go with a frog/salamander themed dragon too, haha
Tbh, I would love an axolotl or gills gene to go with a frog/salamander themed dragon too, haha
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry everyone, but I'm against idea of serpentine Nature ancient. I hope nature ancient won't be another winged snake, since we've already got ancient with serpentine body (undertides, but they are based on eels). I agree that serpents fit more Earth than Nature, and fit Wind too.

I've always imagined that Nature ancient is based on deers/elks, will be elegant and nurturing one. Maybe will also be inspired on Gladekeeper's design, and have things such as beard, antlers.

Having dino-based nature ancient would be cool too, possibly it can be either a pterodactyl or brontosaurus.
Sorry everyone, but I'm against idea of serpentine Nature ancient. I hope nature ancient won't be another winged snake, since we've already got ancient with serpentine body (undertides, but they are based on eels). I agree that serpents fit more Earth than Nature, and fit Wind too.

I've always imagined that Nature ancient is based on deers/elks, will be elegant and nurturing one. Maybe will also be inspired on Gladekeeper's design, and have things such as beard, antlers.

Having dino-based nature ancient would be cool too, possibly it can be either a pterodactyl or brontosaurus.
image.png
KNdRBxl.png
jA5A7gu.png
tyEuRXe.png
rI18gRz.png
agWlVws.png
Bt9KLea.png
kcbWnDp.png
mlHpBMC.png
mlSrRbK.png
WAkWK5y.png
SRsfBYm.png
qhK4FYS.png
3hKoziR.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
5hF3FGk.png
HZSRMw5.png
image.png
I think anacondas don't get enough love so I'd love an anaconda-based Ancient, but I also am hoping we'll get an anaconda as an elemental familiar, although a cobra is very much a possibility too
I think anacondas don't get enough love so I'd love an anaconda-based Ancient, but I also am hoping we'll get an anaconda as an elemental familiar, although a cobra is very much a possibility too
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Honestly, we need a monkey or sloth inspired dragon.
I've already mentioned the idea before in a different thread, but I think it would be fitting regarding Nature having the most unique modern currently. Might as well go back to monkey with their ancient!

Although honestly, I think a frog or tropical animal would also work well as the basis for the nature ancient. But we need more monkey!
Honestly, we need a monkey or sloth inspired dragon.
I've already mentioned the idea before in a different thread, but I think it would be fitting regarding Nature having the most unique modern currently. Might as well go back to monkey with their ancient!

Although honestly, I think a frog or tropical animal would also work well as the basis for the nature ancient. But we need more monkey!
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
[quote name="Phloxpetals" date="2023-05-13 12:55:48" ] *quiet chantning* wyrm wyrm wyrm wyrm What would be the secondary, though? :0 [/quote] maybe they could have a big cobra hood to be the sec. or what if they had big branches?
Phloxpetals wrote on 2023-05-13 12:55:48:
*quiet chantning*
wyrm wyrm wyrm wyrm

What would be the secondary, though? :0

maybe they could have a big cobra hood to be the sec. or what if they had big branches?
l7Ge01H.png
FObX7rS.png
Xub4k1J.png
lAvpyOQ.png
mjtJ868.png
87873162.png 88000909.png 87362926.png I love aether dragons!
I collect Snapping Turtle!

WE WANT BLEP!
I could see snakes for wind (based on the snake mythology already mentioned, and the real life gliding snake species), though that may be too similar to the Spirals, or burrowing snakes for Earth. I'd be happy with a snakey Nature ancient, but I'm kind of hoping it'll be more bearlike or catlike or even primate-like - Gaolers are pretty great, but could you imagine a big furry sloth-dragon or puma-dragon?
I could see snakes for wind (based on the snake mythology already mentioned, and the real life gliding snake species), though that may be too similar to the Spirals, or burrowing snakes for Earth. I'd be happy with a snakey Nature ancient, but I'm kind of hoping it'll be more bearlike or catlike or even primate-like - Gaolers are pretty great, but could you imagine a big furry sloth-dragon or puma-dragon?
The Great Game
1 2 3 4 5 6 7