Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Debating Flight Switch (but my lore!)
1 2
Sooo,, I'm working on a tab with a buncha antique crystal dragons and it dawned on me that lightning is a dope flight for a lot of the dragons I'm hatching atm,, plus in general I've always really liked it (when joining I debated between Lightning and Shadow and Light for a looong time,, course all the flights are dope!!) I kinda wanna switch to Lightning for a bit, maybe try out some other flights,, but I don't wanna mess up my lore! My clan lore is basically centered around Indigo and Starshine, the Shadow and Light rulers of the land. So,, bit weird to be in the Lightning Flight when all the drama centers around parts of the land not accepting Starshine, a Light royal, as their ruler. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77015595][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/770156/77015595_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Indigo[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82417996][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/824180/82417996_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Starshine[/b] [b]Any advice on how to weave the lore into my clan page n bio?? I'm thinking a rebellion causes them to flee temporarily,, but how do I go about incorporating that so it's clear only the rulers are in the Lightning Flight?? [/b] Prob overthinking this,, but I just really enjoyed working out the lore I have so far and don't wanna risk ruining the storyline!
Sooo,, I'm working on a tab with a buncha antique crystal dragons and it dawned on me that lightning is a dope flight for a lot of the dragons I'm hatching atm,, plus in general I've always really liked it (when joining I debated between Lightning and Shadow and Light for a looong time,, course all the flights are dope!!)

I kinda wanna switch to Lightning for a bit, maybe try out some other flights,, but I don't wanna mess up my lore! My clan lore is basically centered around Indigo and Starshine, the Shadow and Light rulers of the land. So,, bit weird to be in the Lightning Flight when all the drama centers around parts of the land not accepting Starshine, a Light royal, as their ruler.
77015595_350.png Indigo
82417996_350.png Starshine

Any advice on how to weave the lore into my clan page n bio?? I'm thinking a rebellion causes them to flee temporarily,, but how do I go about incorporating that so it's clear only the rulers are in the Lightning Flight??

Prob overthinking this,, but I just really enjoyed working out the lore I have so far and don't wanna risk ruining the storyline!
qTcP5yI.pngXT6s1Yv.gifBEZgNm.png SQvVy8i.png5M9CHlS.gif
Perhaps they attempted to start anew? Or something, I'm not being really creative right now.. I can't think of stuff, sorry OP.
Perhaps they attempted to start anew? Or something, I'm not being really creative right now.. I can't think of stuff, sorry OP.
Hi, I'm Elisha. If I don't respond, I'm not trying to ignore you; I just don't know what to say sometimes. a bit of empty space to scoot the image over if you need Moonlit Caverns Hatchery ZSYPjY6.png
There are multiple solutions for this in my opinion.
  1. Divorce your clan lore entirely from your lair's location.
  2. Create a sub-clan that is set in the Tangled Wood, but have other parts of your lair be set in the Shifting expanse (similar to above just not as drastic).
  3. Come up with some lore reason as to why your Shadow-based clan is now in the Shifting Expanse. Spies for the Shadowbinder, fled to the Shifting Expanse to avoid conflict, moved to the Expanse to take advantage of jobs, etc. According to site lore, there are many underground caverns in Sornieth (e.g. the Forgotten Cave). Perhaps your clan lives in one of these caverns under the Shifting Expanse, for example? It would still allow your lair to be Shadow-themed (caves, darkness, mushrooms etc.) while still being set in the Lightning Flight's location.
There are multiple solutions for this in my opinion.
  1. Divorce your clan lore entirely from your lair's location.
  2. Create a sub-clan that is set in the Tangled Wood, but have other parts of your lair be set in the Shifting expanse (similar to above just not as drastic).
  3. Come up with some lore reason as to why your Shadow-based clan is now in the Shifting Expanse. Spies for the Shadowbinder, fled to the Shifting Expanse to avoid conflict, moved to the Expanse to take advantage of jobs, etc. According to site lore, there are many underground caverns in Sornieth (e.g. the Forgotten Cave). Perhaps your clan lives in one of these caverns under the Shifting Expanse, for example? It would still allow your lair to be Shadow-themed (caves, darkness, mushrooms etc.) while still being set in the Lightning Flight's location.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
@EL1SHA that's alright,, thank you for the suggestion,, I appreciate it :))

@Spinosaur ooo options,, I like! Number 3 sounds espesh appealing,, I appreciate the suggestions that keep locations in mind,, thank you so much!

Dropping sum likes on y'all as a thank you :))
@EL1SHA that's alright,, thank you for the suggestion,, I appreciate it :))

@Spinosaur ooo options,, I like! Number 3 sounds espesh appealing,, I appreciate the suggestions that keep locations in mind,, thank you so much!

Dropping sum likes on y'all as a thank you :))
honestly my lore is all over the place when it comes to what flight it takes place in. My main clan is wind, there's a city in plague, there's a city in lightning, an island sitting in the sea between fire and ice... I'm currently in shadow. Honestly go crazy go stupid divorce your lore from your actual element, it's fun
honestly my lore is all over the place when it comes to what flight it takes place in. My main clan is wind, there's a city in plague, there's a city in lightning, an island sitting in the sea between fire and ice... I'm currently in shadow. Honestly go crazy go stupid divorce your lore from your actual element, it's fun
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
I have a ton of lair groups all over Sornieth so I'm seconding the ideas of ignoring lair location or having a sub-clan!

The only time I feel like location is important is if you want canon hatchlings that are born in that location specified in the lore (and just pretending/covering the eyes doesn't work for you). However, nest rentals can really come in handy for that. I used one for my Arcane group to give them eyes that made sense!

I have a ton of lair groups all over Sornieth so I'm seconding the ideas of ignoring lair location or having a sub-clan!

The only time I feel like location is important is if you want canon hatchlings that are born in that location specified in the lore (and just pretending/covering the eyes doesn't work for you). However, nest rentals can really come in handy for that. I used one for my Arcane group to give them eyes that made sense!

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
@pokemoncha huh I never thought of it like that,, I guess having mult islands for dif flights is def possible,, thanks for the suggestion!

@DeathSpecter ooo good point good point,, do you know where to find good nest rentals?? I have sum dragons that'd be great for Light or Lightning but I also am wondering if I should check out the Ice Flight,,

Thank y'all for the suggestions,, dropping likes as thank you :)) Love y'alls pf dragons btw :D
@pokemoncha huh I never thought of it like that,, I guess having mult islands for dif flights is def possible,, thanks for the suggestion!

@DeathSpecter ooo good point good point,, do you know where to find good nest rentals?? I have sum dragons that'd be great for Light or Lightning but I also am wondering if I should check out the Ice Flight,,

Thank y'all for the suggestions,, dropping likes as thank you :)) Love y'alls pf dragons btw :D
I know about the Friendly Nest Rental & the Nest Network

For the Friendly Nest Rental you don't have to sign up as a nester to be allowed to rent from other users, but I think the Nest Network's rule is to rent nests you also need to sign up to be a nester.

If you're on discord, some FR servers have nest renter channels where you can ask for nests as well
I know about the Friendly Nest Rental & the Nest Network

For the Friendly Nest Rental you don't have to sign up as a nester to be allowed to rent from other users, but I think the Nest Network's rule is to rent nests you also need to sign up to be a nester.

If you're on discord, some FR servers have nest renter channels where you can ask for nests as well
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
@DeathSpecter oo I see,, thank you v much,, I'll be sure to check them out!!
@DeathSpecter oo I see,, thank you v much,, I'll be sure to check them out!!
There's also Triskele nests(I'm a part of that one, though I'm on a break atm). Most nest threads are in Dragon Trading so you could take a gander in there and see if any do things in a way you like.
There's also Triskele nests(I'm a part of that one, though I'm on a break atm). Most nest threads are in Dragon Trading so you could take a gander in there and see if any do things in a way you like.
FD1rkPC.png dac5c205911117729a82f72c1cdf25cc70a0d072.png
1 2