Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Favorite Ancients?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
1: Veilspuns! I'm a shadowling so yeah pretty biased... but I like how pretty they are and I also like the moth like design.

2: Gaolers. Floofy! and also really robust and strong looking. They're what tundras should have been (I don't really like tuns and I was sad the fluffy dragon concept was wasted on them for the longest time)

3: Aethers. I'm really loving these weird lil guys, perfect mix of cute and creepy!

4: Banescales. I like how fierce they look. The female pose is especially nice. And I think they have the best genes out of all the ancients aside from Veils. Wraith and Skeletal are so damn good and I wish other ancients had them too.

5: Abberations and Undertides. Don't love 'em, don't hate 'em. I have 0 of each breed and I think they're kinda eh. I was excited when they both came out but considering I still don't have any of each breed that's a sign I don't like them too much, lol.
1: Veilspuns! I'm a shadowling so yeah pretty biased... but I like how pretty they are and I also like the moth like design.

2: Gaolers. Floofy! and also really robust and strong looking. They're what tundras should have been (I don't really like tuns and I was sad the fluffy dragon concept was wasted on them for the longest time)

3: Aethers. I'm really loving these weird lil guys, perfect mix of cute and creepy!

4: Banescales. I like how fierce they look. The female pose is especially nice. And I think they have the best genes out of all the ancients aside from Veils. Wraith and Skeletal are so damn good and I wish other ancients had them too.

5: Abberations and Undertides. Don't love 'em, don't hate 'em. I have 0 of each breed and I think they're kinda eh. I was excited when they both came out but considering I still don't have any of each breed that's a sign I don't like them too much, lol.
jCVhFoZ.gif
probably aberrations. the banescale and aether hatchlings are adorable though :)
probably aberrations. the banescale and aether hatchlings are adorable though :)
1. Aberrations, I really like the double head, their skins, and just generally both poses are appealing to me
2. Aethers, they're adorable, I love them, and they WOULD be first, but I'm not a huge fan of the male pose so they get second since I like both of Abberation poses
3. Banescales, funky little guys, my main mire flier is one and she's great. However like with Aethers I don't like the male pose, just when the female one has so much action and the male one is just. standing there
4. Undertides, nothing too notable about them for me, but their poses work pretty nicely
5. Honestly hard to pick between gaos and veils here, I don't really like either of them that much. But I'll give 5th place to veils for the male scream and I guess the female pose is okay. The hair feels like too much going on with the tiny wings
6. And so Gaos go here, I love floofy dragons but Gaos just feel like there's too much
1. Aberrations, I really like the double head, their skins, and just generally both poses are appealing to me
2. Aethers, they're adorable, I love them, and they WOULD be first, but I'm not a huge fan of the male pose so they get second since I like both of Abberation poses
3. Banescales, funky little guys, my main mire flier is one and she's great. However like with Aethers I don't like the male pose, just when the female one has so much action and the male one is just. standing there
4. Undertides, nothing too notable about them for me, but their poses work pretty nicely
5. Honestly hard to pick between gaos and veils here, I don't really like either of them that much. But I'll give 5th place to veils for the male scream and I guess the female pose is okay. The hair feels like too much going on with the tiny wings
6. And so Gaos go here, I love floofy dragons but Gaos just feel like there's too much
LRdLP2V.png g585y1V.pngkE8PZoU.pngACOZFAh.png They/Them
1. Gaoler (always have been obsessed, always will be- reminds me of trees)
2. Aether (theyre just so cute - I love the moth vibes it gives)
3. Aberration (neat looking two-headed dragon)
4. Undertide (they give sea-dragon vibes and I love that)
4. Veilspun (regal looking- theyre really neat, I just don't like them as much as the others)
6. Banescales (theyre ok but I vibe w the cute/nature aesthetics so not my "style")

But personally I (usually) love ancients more than the modern dragons- idk it's just smth about them...
1. Gaoler (always have been obsessed, always will be- reminds me of trees)
2. Aether (theyre just so cute - I love the moth vibes it gives)
3. Aberration (neat looking two-headed dragon)
4. Undertide (they give sea-dragon vibes and I love that)
4. Veilspun (regal looking- theyre really neat, I just don't like them as much as the others)
6. Banescales (theyre ok but I vibe w the cute/nature aesthetics so not my "style")

But personally I (usually) love ancients more than the modern dragons- idk it's just smth about them...
5hF3FGk.png
nWiQNX9.png
xj6Mn2e.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
6CY5Udh.png
Sky (she/they) | Fandregs | LGBTQ+ | Seasonal pfps
65HCvnO.png
1. Gaolers - my favorites. to me, their only weakness is their relatively limited options for genes.
2. Aberrations - same issue as the Gaolers, but it still barely makes a dent in my appreciation of them. i really respect their strangeness and i think they really set a high bar for the others.
3. Aethers - they're still shiny, but the boldness of some of their genes and potential for eldritch horror make them pretty high up there.
4. Undertides - genes feature extremely bold patterns that make fabulous use of accent colors, and of course we can't forget the tentacles!
5. Banescales - i like their silhouette and fierce appearance, but their breed-unique and linebreaking genes aren't as game-changing as the others.
6. Veilspun - they remind me of unicorns and they bore me a little, haha. i do like their beetle and angler genes, though.
1. Gaolers - my favorites. to me, their only weakness is their relatively limited options for genes.
2. Aberrations - same issue as the Gaolers, but it still barely makes a dent in my appreciation of them. i really respect their strangeness and i think they really set a high bar for the others.
3. Aethers - they're still shiny, but the boldness of some of their genes and potential for eldritch horror make them pretty high up there.
4. Undertides - genes feature extremely bold patterns that make fabulous use of accent colors, and of course we can't forget the tentacles!
5. Banescales - i like their silhouette and fierce appearance, but their breed-unique and linebreaking genes aren't as game-changing as the others.
6. Veilspun - they remind me of unicorns and they bore me a little, haha. i do like their beetle and angler genes, though.
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
My preferences are:
  1. Aether
  2. Undertide
  3. Banescale
  4. Aberration
  5. Gaoler
  6. Veinspun
Love the top two all around! The middle two are hit-or-miss for me. The bottom two I rarely enjoy.
My preferences are:
  1. Aether
  2. Undertide
  3. Banescale
  4. Aberration
  5. Gaoler
  6. Veinspun
Love the top two all around! The middle two are hit-or-miss for me. The bottom two I rarely enjoy.
mspeSgV.png
1. Gaoler: my beloved!

2. Abberation: very good, I love them! They also break the modern body pretty extremely which is a plus and are pretty unusual (in a good way).

3. Undertide: great! I do like how much they break the body rules that restrict moderns.

4. Veilspun: Elegant, they remind me of traditional faeries or pixies in mythology.

5. Banescale: They're pretty neat, but fairly plain. Good for skins and accents, though and I love how dynamic the female pose is.

6. Aether: Unfortunately, their design is not really my taste but I love the concept of moth dragons and they have some great genes! Their lore is also neat.
1. Gaoler: my beloved!

2. Abberation: very good, I love them! They also break the modern body pretty extremely which is a plus and are pretty unusual (in a good way).

3. Undertide: great! I do like how much they break the body rules that restrict moderns.

4. Veilspun: Elegant, they remind me of traditional faeries or pixies in mythology.

5. Banescale: They're pretty neat, but fairly plain. Good for skins and accents, though and I love how dynamic the female pose is.

6. Aether: Unfortunately, their design is not really my taste but I love the concept of moth dragons and they have some great genes! Their lore is also neat.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
I don't keep many ancients because I don't like playing with the odds of only getting 1 egg from their nests. I do love Aethers so far though so I want to give them a try

1. Aether
I love the mothy baby look, not so much when they're hatchlings but when they grow up they're so,.,., GFDHDS
2. Aberration
The name being so literal is funny to me and I love how wacky they look. I love all their poses and Frills and Polypore are so coool! They also really got me into Glowtail lol
3. Veilspun
These were the third ancient breed I discovered when I started playing FR but they immediately became my favorite (prior to aforementioned breeds.) I love their long manes and Angler is one of my favorite genes, just wish it was a modern gene tbh
4. Gaoler
Mainly like them because I have a pair of them that makes nice babies, and I like anything with antlers... even if they look a bit wonky
also I think they have great Terts
5. Undertide
Not really based on appearances (because I think they're absolutely awesome and adorable) but it feels like Aethers came out so soon after them that I didn't get a chance to form any connection to Undertides.
6. Banescale
They're kind of boring to look at but the babies are cute. I tried for awhile to get Banescales to grow on me but they just never have; not really interested in any of their genes except Wraith and even then, who wouldn't be? It's fire!
I don't keep many ancients because I don't like playing with the odds of only getting 1 egg from their nests. I do love Aethers so far though so I want to give them a try

1. Aether
I love the mothy baby look, not so much when they're hatchlings but when they grow up they're so,.,., GFDHDS
2. Aberration
The name being so literal is funny to me and I love how wacky they look. I love all their poses and Frills and Polypore are so coool! They also really got me into Glowtail lol
3. Veilspun
These were the third ancient breed I discovered when I started playing FR but they immediately became my favorite (prior to aforementioned breeds.) I love their long manes and Angler is one of my favorite genes, just wish it was a modern gene tbh
4. Gaoler
Mainly like them because I have a pair of them that makes nice babies, and I like anything with antlers... even if they look a bit wonky
also I think they have great Terts
5. Undertide
Not really based on appearances (because I think they're absolutely awesome and adorable) but it feels like Aethers came out so soon after them that I didn't get a chance to form any connection to Undertides.
6. Banescale
They're kind of boring to look at but the babies are cute. I tried for awhile to get Banescales to grow on me but they just never have; not really interested in any of their genes except Wraith and even then, who wouldn't be? It's fire!
[emoji=aether size=1][emoji=aberration size=1] Tied for first. Aberrations have the nasty gremlin vulture vibes and they are my flight's ancient. Aethers however are just little chaotic grub guys and I have a soft spot for little chaotic things. Both are my favorite for their own different reasons. [emoji=veilspun size=1] I would like them more if I liked the female pose at all. But veils get spotlight for doing the bug aesthetic first. [emoji=banescale size=1][emoji=gaoler size=1] tied hard to work with but I do like them and their vibes. [emoji=undertide size=1] The more I work with them I find I just do the same thing with them.
Tied for first.
Aberrations have the nasty gremlin vulture vibes and they are my flight's ancient.
Aethers however are just little chaotic grub guys and I have a soft spot for little chaotic things.
Both are my favorite for their own different reasons.
I would like them more if I liked the female pose at all. But veils get spotlight for doing the bug aesthetic first.
tied
hard to work with but I do like them and their vibes.
The more I work with them I find I just do the same thing with them.
c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
My order would be:

1. Aethers
2. Gaolers
3. Undertides
4. Banescales
5. Aberrations
6. Veilspuns

I honestly hate Veils so much now hahahahaha I went nuts over them when they were first released. Big time regrets.
My order would be:

1. Aethers
2. Gaolers
3. Undertides
4. Banescales
5. Aberrations
6. Veilspuns

I honestly hate Veils so much now hahahahaha I went nuts over them when they were first released. Big time regrets.
sN7OFwo.pngGbuT06g.pngcDKoVmo.pngypkYF0y.pnggIVnoKR.pngAK7QxV1.pngTz9zkEa.png
6JqFst1.png
8xADJuh.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12