Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Let's talk about the world map...
1 2 3 4 5
@Natron Genuinely helpful advice and I thank you, but now all I can think of is this gif [img]https://media.tenor.com/YYi5k-92tcwAAAAC/be-the-leaf-dance.gif[/img] @Acetheaxolotl I wish I knew how to do pixel calculations!! It would really come in handy for the next part. Although maybe it's best if I don't because then I would spend wayyy to much time trying to get the perfect measurements. So I really admire what you got done because it would have taken me days. And I wonder if the Southern Icefield has more surface area than the other regions or if it only looks like that because its spread out in pieces... @ShadowWas I just have to say I think your idea is amazing!! It solves so many more problems than it creates, especially the part where it forces the floaty isles of the Southern Icefield to be almost entirely below 60° South. I've always been confused as to why the icy floes were able to share latitudes with much warmer climates. I wouldn't even say the Tangled Wood's climate is a problem because it could easily be lush at that latitude if it's a lowland boggy area, which it pretty much is! The description tells us the earth is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/world-map?poi=7&view=land&viewpin=true]literally sunken[/url], and the artwork shows at least one main waterway that divides the domain. It may be the case that deserts are commonly found at 30° north and south of the equator, but that doesn't mean that's the only biome found at that latitude. Florida is a perfect example, as 30° North crosses right through it but it still has a humid subtropical climate. [s]And from now on I'm going to imagine all Shadow dragons as Floridians.[/s] As for the other outstanding problems, meh, I'm still going to believe the Pillar has moved southward overtime until someone confirms otherwise.
@Natron

Genuinely helpful advice and I thank you, but now all I can think of is this gif

be-the-leaf-dance.gif

@Acetheaxolotl

I wish I knew how to do pixel calculations!! It would really come in handy for the next part. Although maybe it's best if I don't because then I would spend wayyy to much time trying to get the perfect measurements. So I really admire what you got done because it would have taken me days. And I wonder if the Southern Icefield has more surface area than the other regions or if it only looks like that because its spread out in pieces...

@ShadowWas

I just have to say I think your idea is amazing!! It solves so many more problems than it creates, especially the part where it forces the floaty isles of the Southern Icefield to be almost entirely below 60° South. I've always been confused as to why the icy floes were able to share latitudes with much warmer climates.

I wouldn't even say the Tangled Wood's climate is a problem because it could easily be lush at that latitude if it's a lowland boggy area, which it pretty much is! The description tells us the earth is literally sunken, and the artwork shows at least one main waterway that divides the domain. It may be the case that deserts are commonly found at 30° north and south of the equator, but that doesn't mean that's the only biome found at that latitude. Florida is a perfect example, as 30° North crosses right through it but it still has a humid subtropical climate. And from now on I'm going to imagine all Shadow dragons as Floridians.

As for the other outstanding problems, meh, I'm still going to believe the Pillar has moved southward overtime until someone confirms otherwise.
gFvy9jg.png JI7OqcB.png gFvy9jg.png
Elaine
she/her
queer
FR+3
ping me!
lKSY9Uw.png gFvy9jg.png
Y'all are doing such beautiful work in this thread I feel like posting my next part will ruin the lovely speculation we have going on so I'm gonna put a pin in that for now and instead introduce a new point. You know what I've always been confused about? The lore of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/world-map?poi=32&view=land&viewpin=true]Lanternlea Port[/url]: [quote=Lanternlea Port]The greatest discoveries of the region's lightsworn scholars are archived in this quaint coastal village. Unlike most areas within the Sunbeam Ruins, Lanternlea Port spends most of the waking hours [b]drenched in the shade of the oceankissed cliffs[/b] and the day-to-day bustle is illuminated by bright glass orb lanterns, maintained to a brilliant sheen.[/quote] For a long time I believed the Sunbeam Ruins were in the southern hemisphere because of the bolded section. The tallest of the cliffs are north of Lanternlea Port, and the cliffs to its south are minimal, so I assumed the path of the sun would have to be to the north of Lanternlea Port. [gamedb item=35018] further confirmed this belief because the shadows of the cliff appear to be coming from the north. However, now that I look more closely I'm not sure if I'm as convinced of this perspective. Does anyone have thoughts?
Y'all are doing such beautiful work in this thread I feel like posting my next part will ruin the lovely speculation we have going on so I'm gonna put a pin in that for now and instead introduce a new point.

You know what I've always been confused about? The lore of Lanternlea Port:
Lanternlea Port wrote:
The greatest discoveries of the region's lightsworn scholars are archived in this quaint coastal village. Unlike most areas within the Sunbeam Ruins, Lanternlea Port spends most of the waking hours drenched in the shade of the oceankissed cliffs and the day-to-day bustle is illuminated by bright glass orb lanterns, maintained to a brilliant sheen.
For a long time I believed the Sunbeam Ruins were in the southern hemisphere because of the bolded section. The tallest of the cliffs are north of Lanternlea Port, and the cliffs to its south are minimal, so I assumed the path of the sun would have to be to the north of Lanternlea Port. Scene: Lightweaver's Domain further confirmed this belief because the shadows of the cliff appear to be coming from the north. However, now that I look more closely I'm not sure if I'm as convinced of this perspective. Does anyone have thoughts?
gFvy9jg.png JI7OqcB.png gFvy9jg.png
Elaine
she/her
queer
FR+3
ping me!
lKSY9Uw.png gFvy9jg.png
AJLKSJKLSJD I love that. Quite literally, yes
AJLKSJKLSJD I love that. Quite literally, yes
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
a small note about the map i made: all the reigons except Ice seem to be roughly the same size, with Nature being just a bit bigger than the rest. and unless we account for how deep the Sea of 1000 Currents is, it and Plague are actually kinda tiny. Even if we take the Frigid Floes and smush them together i still think it would be the biggest flight. i might make something later to demonstrate that. this isnt really important i just wanted to point that out.

as for LanternLea Port, im just as confused as you. maybe the city could be in the shade of the northern cliffs and not the south but im not sure
a small note about the map i made: all the reigons except Ice seem to be roughly the same size, with Nature being just a bit bigger than the rest. and unless we account for how deep the Sea of 1000 Currents is, it and Plague are actually kinda tiny. Even if we take the Frigid Floes and smush them together i still think it would be the biggest flight. i might make something later to demonstrate that. this isnt really important i just wanted to point that out.

as for LanternLea Port, im just as confused as you. maybe the city could be in the shade of the northern cliffs and not the south but im not sure
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
*screams* [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/807416810747461644/1076147500718764082/Untitled80_20230214123702.png[/img] Anyways, Ice, even with ir being smashed together it is s5ill bigger than all other flights. Makes sense since it once spanned the whole continent
*screams*

Untitled80_20230214123702.png

Anyways, Ice, even with ir being smashed together it is s5ill bigger than all other flights. Makes sense since it once spanned the whole continent
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
Lab Profile
Honestly, does anyone have access to a crude 3d modeler? Just put blocks on it representing the different flights and I think we can make a better visual.
Honestly, does anyone have access to a crude 3d modeler? Just put blocks on it representing the different flights and I think we can make a better visual.
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
[quote name="catgame21234" date="2023-02-17 16:48:20" ] Honestly, does anyone have access to a crude 3d modeler? Just put blocks on it representing the different flights and I think we can make a better visual. [/quote] Huh Why didnt we think of that Im not sure anyone here has one, maybe Ima try and find like a map maker thing and try it out later
catgame21234 wrote on 2023-02-17 16:48:20:
Huh

Why didnt we think of that

Im not sure anyone here has one, maybe

Ima try and find like a map maker thing and try it out later
Lab Profile
Found some links y'all

https://3d-mapper.com/
https://maps3d.io/
https://equatorstudios.com/3d-map-maker

Gonna see if i can do anything with these
Found some links y'all

https://3d-mapper.com/
https://maps3d.io/
https://equatorstudios.com/3d-map-maker

Gonna see if i can do anything with these
Lab Profile
ooh, this is so cool! Can't wait to see where this goes!
All pronouns welcome!
Still new to the forums, so big apologies if I mess stuff up! Feel free to politely let me know when I do something wrong!
All pronouns welcome!
Still new to the forums, so big apologies if I mess stuff up! Feel free to politely let me know when I do something wrong!
1 2 3 4 5